|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
2. What does Clifford do when Mrs. Bolton gossips to him?
3. How does Clifford accompany Connie on her walks?
4. Where is Connie's first lover from?
5. How long has Constance known her husband when she marries him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
3. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
4. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
5. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
6. What happens when Connie delivers a message to Mellors from her husband?
7. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
8. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
9. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
10. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
Essay Topic 1
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 2
Industry, and the effects of industry, are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)