|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Connie invite Michaelis to speak with her privately?
2. Where does Clifford's sister live?
3. What does Constance like to do with young men before she gets married?
4. Who has Clifford become dependent on during Connie's depression?
5. What does Connie have a foreboding feeling about at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clifford's stance on intimacy in a relationship?
2. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
3. What does Connie suddenly realize about her relationship with Clifford after her fight with Mellors?
4. How does Connie feel about the guests at Wragby Hall discussing issues like intimacy?
5. What is disappointing to Constance about the villagers when she and Clifford move into Wragyby Hall?
6. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are walking together in the woods?
7. What does Clifford tell Connie about Mellors when she returns home from her walk in the woods in Chapter 8?
8. What does Connie ask of Mellors when she sees him while walking in the woods during her depression?
9. Why does Michaelis come back to Wragby Hall in Chapter 6?
10. What happens when Constance's father visits Constance and Clifford at Wragby Hall for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embody this theme, and how does that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what effect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Connie and Clifford. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)