|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is discussed at dinner when Clifford's aunt comes to visit?
2. What does Mellors do in 1915?
3. What does Connie's sister insist that Clifford do to make Connie happy?
4. Where does Constance grow up?
5. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall least concerned about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clifford's stance on intimacy in a relationship?
2. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are walking together in the woods?
3. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
4. What does Connie suddenly realize about her relationship with Clifford after her fight with Mellors?
5. What is Connie's reaction to the surprising plan that Clifford presents to her when they are walking together in the woods?
6. How does Clifford's sister feel about and react to Clifford's marriage?
7. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
8. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to become a part of the debate one evening?
9. What is Clifford doing after the war that is earning him some recognition?
10. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Lawrence have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
Nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)