|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Constance have?
2. Where does Clifford's sister live?
3. How does Connie view what she and Clifford do together at night?
4. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
5. What does Constance expect the villagers to do when she moves into her new estate with Clifford?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
2. How does Connie feel about the guests at Wragby Hall discussing issues like intimacy?
3. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
4. What does Mellors say he would do if he were in charge?
5. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
6. What is Clifford doing after the war that is earning him some recognition?
7. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
8. What does Mrs. Bolton tell Connie is the best feeling in the world while they are in the garden together?
9. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
10. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what effect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Industry, and the effects of industry, are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 1,359 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)