|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
2. How does Connie view what she and Clifford do together at night?
3. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Connie say she is not attracted to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. How long has Constance known her husband when she marries him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
2. What is Clifford doing after the war that is earning him some recognition?
3. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
4. What does Michaelis do for a living, and what are his goals for his profession?
5. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
6. How does Clifford define his relationship with Connie?
7. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
8. How is Constance raised?
9. What happens when Connie delivers a message to Mellors from her husband?
10. What happens when Connie sees Mellors in the woods for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between fear and courage is presented in this book. What is this relationship, and where is it displayed in this book? How do the combination of these terms affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 3
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embody this theme, and how does that pursuit affect the characters involved?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)