Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
2. What does Clifford do when Mrs. Bolton gossips to him?
3. How does Clifford accompany Connie on her walks?
4. Where is Connie's first lover from?
5. How long has Constance known her husband when she marries him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
3. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
4. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
5. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
6. What happens when Connie delivers a message to Mellors from her husband?
7. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
8. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
9. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
10. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
The relationship between fear and courage is presented in this book. What is this relationship, and where is it displayed in this book? How do the combination of these terms affect the course of the plot?
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Mrs. Bolton was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How does she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)