Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
2. What does Clifford do when Mrs. Bolton gossips to him?
3. How does Clifford accompany Connie on her walks?
4. Where is Connie's first lover from?
5. How long has Constance known her husband when she marries him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
3. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
4. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
5. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
6. What happens when Connie delivers a message to Mellors from her husband?
7. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
8. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
9. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
10. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Lawrence have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What are some of these instances, and how are those characters affected by the manipulation?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)