|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Michaelis like his work to be well-known and liked?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton gossip to Clifford about during Connie's depression?
3. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
4. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
5. What does Connie realize Clifford's war wound has injured aside from his body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie suddenly realize about her relationship with Clifford after her fight with Mellors?
2. What is the only time that Connie still spends with her husband during her depression, and how does she feel about it?
3. What revelation does Connie have about Clifford when she returns home after their walk together in the woods?
4. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
5. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
6. Why does Michaelis come back to Wragby Hall in Chapter 6?
7. What happens when Constance's father visits Constance and Clifford at Wragby Hall for the first time?
8. How does Clifford's sister feel about and react to Clifford's marriage?
9. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
10. What does Clifford tell Connie about Mellors when she returns home from her walk in the woods in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between fear and courage is presented in this book. What is this relationship, and where is it displayed in this book? How do the combination of these terms affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Connie and Clifford. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)