|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Clifford call Michaelis while speaking with Connie about him in private?
2. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
3. What do Connie and Clifford do together at night?
4. What improves for Clifford during Connie's affair with Michaelis?
5. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clifford's stance on intimacy in a relationship?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
3. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
4. How does Clifford define his relationship with Connie?
5. What does Michaelis do for a living, and what are his goals for his profession?
6. What does Connie suddenly realize about her relationship with Clifford after her fight with Mellors?
7. What happens when Connie sees Mellors in the woods for the second time?
8. How is Constance raised?
9. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
10. Why does Michaelis come back to Wragby Hall in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What are some of these instances, and how are those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 3
Nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)