Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
2. What does Clifford do when Mrs. Bolton gossips to him?
3. How does Clifford accompany Connie on her walks?
4. Where is Connie's first lover from?
5. How long has Constance known her husband when she marries him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
3. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
4. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
5. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
6. What happens when Connie delivers a message to Mellors from her husband?
7. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
8. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
9. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
10. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Lawrence. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Lawrence have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)