|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(b) The radio.
2. How much of a raise does Clifford give to Mrs. Bolton?
(a) 10 pounds a month.
(b) 100 pounds a month.
(c) 100 pounds a year.
(d) 10 pounds a week.
3. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
(a) To lead.
(b) To write.
(c) To dance.
(d) To read.
4. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His ailing head.
(b) His broken chair.
(c) His plans to fix the mines.
(d) His acute hunger.
5. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
2. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
3. Where does Connie want to live?
4. What is Connie's father's name?
5. What does Clifford do in response to all of the rumors spread by his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
2. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
3. What does Connie tell Mellors that gets him upset with her?
4. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
5. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
6. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
7. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
8. What does Mrs. Bolton tell Connie is the best feeling in the world while they are in the garden together?
9. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
10. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)