|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Connie want to live?
(a) In Mellors' cottage.
(b) In America.
(c) In the old houses that were torn down.
(d) In her father's house.
2. What is the only thing Connie can see as she travels through Europe?
3. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
(a) The industrial era.
(b) The aristocratic era.
(c) The proud era.
(d) The organic era.
4. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
5. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) He promises to give him a bonus.
(b) He is very rude.
(c) He ignores Mellors altogether.
(d) He is kind and gentle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
2. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
3. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
4. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
5. What does Connie tell Clifford she is doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
2. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
3. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
4. What does Mellors say he would do if he were in charge?
5. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
6. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
7. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
8. How does Connie feel about what she sees on her drive through Uthwaite?
9. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
10. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)