|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie do with the picture she sees in Mellors' cottage?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Hides it.
(c) Frames it.
(d) Asks to keep it.
2. What does Connie see in a picture in Mellors' cottage?
(a) Him with his mother.
(b) Him in his military uniform.
(c) Him and his daughter.
(d) Him and his wife.
3. How long does Connie plan on being gone on her trip alone?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 month.
4. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
5. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Connie found during the storm?
2. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
3. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
4. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
5. Who takes Connie to Venice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
2. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
3. How does Mrs. Bolton find out about the affair between Mellors and Connie?
4. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
5. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
6. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
7. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
8. What does Connie tell Mellors that gets him upset with her?
9. What does Mellors say he would do if he were in charge?
10. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)