|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
(b) Rubs his shoulders.
(d) Plays cards.
2. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
(a) So she can play cards with him.
(b) She is so good at her job.
(c) She threatens to leave this job.
(d) She admits she is falling in love with him.
3. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
(b) Clifford's health.
(c) Her late husband.
4. What does Clifford do in response to all of the rumors spread by his wife?
(a) Accused him of adultery.
(b) Fired Mellors.
(c) Filed for divorce with Connie.
(d) Kicked Mellors out of the cottage.
5. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being built in place of what is being torn down during Connie's drive?
2. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
3. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
4. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
5. What is Connie's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mellors' wife comes to his cottage?
2. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
3. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
4. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
5. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
6. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
7. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
8. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
9. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
10. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)