|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Connie decide to take a trip to alone?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
(a) Being loved.
(b) Feeling passion.
(c) The touch of a man.
(d) Helping someone.
3. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
(a) To write.
(b) To read.
(c) To lead.
(d) To dance.
4. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
(a) Meets Mellors at the cottage.
(b) Makes a fine dinner for Clifford.
(c) Asks Clifford to give Mellors a raise.
(d) Yells at Clifford for his behavior.
5. Where do Mellors and Connie make love for the first time?
(a) The woods.
(b) The beach.
(c) The garden.
(d) The hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
2. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
3. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
4. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
5. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
2. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
3. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
4. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
5. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
6. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
7. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
8. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
9. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
10. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)