|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
2. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
(a) Commit their love for each other.
(b) Run for cover.
(c) Make love.
(d) Dance naked.
3. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His plans to fix the mines.
(b) His broken chair.
(c) His acute hunger.
(d) His ailing head.
4. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
5. Why does Mellors join the Army?
(a) He wanted to leave his wife.
(b) He needed the money.
(c) He wanted to fight for a cause.
(d) He wanted to raise his social standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Connie plan on being gone on her trip alone?
2. What does Mellors let Connie hold one day in the hut?
3. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
4. Where do Mellors and Connie make love for the first time?
5. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
2. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
3. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
4. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
5. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
6. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
7. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
8. What does Mellors say he would do if he were in charge?
9. How does Mrs. Bolton find out about the affair between Mellors and Connie?
10. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)