|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
(a) A cradle.
(b) An old crib.
(c) Some tiny clothes.
(d) A picture of some babies.
2. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) The postman.
(b) The stage driver.
(c) Mellors' shipment.
(d) Connie's parents.
3. What does Clifford talk about on his walk with Connie before her trip to Venice?
(a) The radio.
(b) The mines.
(c) His stories.
(d) Her trip.
4. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
(a) Tell her husband about the child.
(b) Meet with him in the hut again.
(c) Take the wooden necklace charm with her.
(d) Write to him.
5. What is the name of Mellors' wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
2. What happens to Clifford if Connie stays away from him for too long during her depression?
3. Where does Connie go for a walk with Clifford after her trip to Venice?
4. What does Connie tell her father just before she leaves Venice?
5. What does Mellors think Connie used him for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
2. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
3. How does Connie feel about what she sees on her drive through Uthwaite?
4. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
5. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
6. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
7. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
8. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
9. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
10. What does Mrs. Bolton tell Connie is the best feeling in the world while they are in the garden together?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)