|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mellors' wife?
2. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
3. What does Clifford tell Connie he still wants her to do during her depression?
(a) Have another man's child.
(c) Make love to him.
(d) Be happy.
4. What does Mellors think Connie used him for?
(a) To get some revenge on Clifford.
(b) To feel some passion.
(c) To forget her life.
(d) To have a child.
5. What does Mellors let Connie hold one day in the hut?
(a) A special floral bulb.
(b) His hand.
(c) An egg.
(d) A baby pheasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Connie feel when she returns home from her drive?
2. What does Connie do with the picture she sees in Mellors' cottage?
3. What does Connie see in a picture in Mellors' cottage?
4. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
5. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
2. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
3. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
4. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
5. What happens when Mellors' wife comes to his cottage?
6. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
7. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
8. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
9. How does Connie feel about what she sees on her drive through Uthwaite?
10. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)