|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mellors let Connie hold one day in the hut?
(a) A baby pheasant.
(b) A special floral bulb.
(c) His hand.
(d) An egg.
2. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) It makes Connie more depressed.
(b) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
(c) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
(d) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
3. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) Connie's parents.
(b) The postman.
(c) Mellors' shipment.
(d) The stage driver.
4. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
5. What is the only thing Connie can see as she travels through Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
2. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
3. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
4. Where does Connie want to live?
5. Who takes Connie to Venice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
2. How does Connie feel about what she sees on her drive through Uthwaite?
3. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
4. What happens when Mellors' wife comes to his cottage?
5. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
6. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
7. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
8. How does Mrs. Bolton find out about the affair between Mellors and Connie?
9. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
10. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)