|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) The sea shore.
(b) The garden.
(c) The woods.
(d) Her sister's house.
2. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) It makes Connie more depressed.
(b) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
(c) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
(d) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
3. What does Clifford talk about on his walk with Connie before her trip to Venice?
(a) Her trip.
(b) The radio.
(c) His stories.
(d) The mines.
4. What is the name of Mellors' wife?
5. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
(a) A gold digger.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A womanizer.
(d) A polygamist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
2. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
3. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
4. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
5. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mellors' wife comes to his cottage?
2. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
3. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
4. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
5. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
6. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
7. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
8. What does Connie tell Mellors that gets him upset with her?
9. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
10. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)