|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
2. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
(a) To lead.
(b) To dance.
(c) To read.
(d) To write.
3. What is Connie's father's name?
(a) Sir Matthews.
(b) Sir Malcom.
(c) Sir Manson.
(d) Sir Monarch.
4. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
(b) Her late husband.
(d) Clifford's health.
5. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
(a) The organic era.
(b) The industrial era.
(c) The proud era.
(d) The aristocratic era.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
2. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
3. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
4. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
5. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
2. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
3. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
4. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
5. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
6. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
7. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
8. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
9. How does Connie feel about what she sees on her drive through Uthwaite?
10. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)