|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie tell Clifford she is doing?
(a) Trying to get him an heir.
(b) Bathing in the rain.
(c) Taking a walk.
(d) Looking for him.
2. Where do Mellors and Connie make love for the first time?
(a) The beach.
(b) The hut.
(c) The woods.
(d) The garden.
3. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
(a) The dining hall.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The garden.
(d) The kitchen.
4. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
(c) Clifford's health.
(d) Her late husband.
5. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
(a) The village.
(b) His mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
2. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
3. What is Connie's father's name?
4. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
5. What does Connie do with the picture she sees in Mellors' cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mellors' wife comes to his cottage?
2. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
3. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
4. What does Connie tell Mellors that gets him upset with her?
5. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
6. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
7. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
8. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
9. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
10. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)