|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clifford talk about on his walk with Connie before her trip to Venice?
(a) The radio.
(b) His stories.
(c) Her trip.
(d) The mines.
2. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
(a) Asks Clifford to give Mellors a raise.
(b) Makes a fine dinner for Clifford.
(c) Yells at Clifford for his behavior.
(d) Meets Mellors at the cottage.
3. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is pleased.
4. What does Clifford tell Connie he still wants her to do during her depression?
(a) Make love to him.
(c) Have another man's child.
(d) Be happy.
5. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
(b) The village.
(d) His mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being built in place of what is being torn down during Connie's drive?
2. What does Connie tell Clifford she is doing?
3. What does Mellors let Connie hold one day in the hut?
4. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
5. What does Connie see in a picture in Mellors' cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
2. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
3. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
4. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
5. What happens when Mellors' wife comes to his cottage?
6. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
7. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
8. What does Mrs. Bolton tell Connie is the best feeling in the world while they are in the garden together?
9. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
10. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)