|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
(a) They were too intellectual.
(b) They were too physical.
(c) They were too aristocratic.
(d) They were too judgemental.
2. Who agrees to pose as the father of Connie's baby?
3. What does Mellors let Connie hold one day in the hut?
(a) His hand.
(b) A special floral bulb.
(c) A baby pheasant.
(d) An egg.
4. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
(a) The aristocratic era.
(b) The industrial era.
(c) The organic era.
(d) The proud era.
5. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His acute hunger.
(b) His plans to fix the mines.
(c) His ailing head.
(d) His broken chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes to Connie about the return of Mellors' wife?
2. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
3. What is being built in place of what is being torn down during Connie's drive?
4. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
5. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mellors say he would do if he were in charge?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton tell Connie is the best feeling in the world while they are in the garden together?
3. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
4. What does Connie tell Mellors that gets him upset with her?
5. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
6. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
7. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
8. What happens when Mellors' wife comes to his cottage?
9. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
10. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)