|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His ailing head.
(b) His broken chair.
(c) His plans to fix the mines.
(d) His acute hunger.
2. Who does Connie see in Venice unexpectedly?
(b) Her parents.
(d) Her sister.
3. Where do Mellors and Connie make love for the first time?
(a) The hut.
(b) The woods.
(c) The beach.
(d) The garden.
4. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
(a) Pheasant eggs hatch.
(b) Clifford does not know about it.
(c) Mellors meets her there.
(d) She is always alone there.
5. Who does Connie visit after she makes love to Mellors for the first time?
(a) Her sister.
(c) The Flints.
(d) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
2. Where does Connie go for a walk with Clifford after her trip to Venice?
3. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
4. Where is Connie found during the storm?
5. What does Clifford do in response to all of the rumors spread by his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
2. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
3. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
4. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
5. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
6. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
7. What happens when Mellors' wife comes to his cottage?
8. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
9. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
10. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)