|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) He promises to give him a bonus.
(b) He ignores Mellors altogether.
(c) He is kind and gentle.
(d) He is very rude.
2. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) Old aristocratic houses.
(d) An old factory.
3. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
(a) To dance.
(b) To lead.
(c) To read.
(d) To write.
4. Who helps Connie pack for her trip to Venice?
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
5. Where do Mellors and Connie make love for the first time?
(a) The woods.
(b) The garden.
(c) The beach.
(d) The hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
2. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
3. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
4. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
5. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mellors' wife comes to his cottage?
2. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
3. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
4. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
5. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
6. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
7. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
8. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
9. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
10. How does Mrs. Bolton find out about the affair between Mellors and Connie?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)