|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
2. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(a) The radio.
3. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(b) An old factory.
(c) Old aristocratic houses.
(d) A cemetery.
4. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
(a) They were too intellectual.
(b) They were too aristocratic.
(c) They were too physical.
(d) They were too judgemental.
5. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
(a) Her father.
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clifford tell Connie he still wants her to do during her depression?
2. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
3. What is being built in place of what is being torn down during Connie's drive?
4. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
5. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
2. What does Mellors say he would do if he were in charge?
3. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
4. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
5. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
6. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
7. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
8. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
9. How does Mrs. Bolton find out about the affair between Mellors and Connie?
10. What does Connie tell Mellors that gets him upset with her?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)