|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
(c) Rubs his shoulders.
(d) Plays cards.
2. What does Clifford talk about on his walk with Connie before her trip to Venice?
(a) Her trip.
(b) The radio.
(c) His stories.
(d) The mines.
3. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
(b) His colonel.
(d) His father.
4. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Take some money.
(b) Come with her.
(c) Wait for her.
(d) Find them a place to stay.
5. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A wooden necklace charm.
(c) A flower.
(d) A key to the hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Connie want to live?
2. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
3. Who helps Connie pack for her trip to Venice?
4. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
5. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
2. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
3. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
4. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
5. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
6. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
7. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
8. What does Mellors say he would do if he were in charge?
9. How does Mrs. Bolton find out about the affair between Mellors and Connie?
10. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)