|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
(c) Mrs. Bolton.
(d) Her father.
2. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
3. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) The stage driver.
(b) Connie's parents.
(c) Mellors' shipment.
(d) The postman.
4. What is the only thing Connie can see as she travels through Europe?
5. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
(a) Meet with him in the hut again.
(b) Tell her husband about the child.
(c) Write to him.
(d) Take the wooden necklace charm with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes to Connie about the return of Mellors' wife?
2. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
3. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
4. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
5. How does Connie feel when she returns home from her drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
2. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
3. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
4. How does Mrs. Bolton find out about the affair between Mellors and Connie?
5. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
6. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
7. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
8. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
9. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
10. What does Connie tell Mellors that gets him upset with her?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)