|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of a raise does Clifford give to Mrs. Bolton?
(a) 10 pounds a week.
(b) 10 pounds a month.
(c) 100 pounds a month.
(d) 100 pounds a year.
2. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(d) The radio.
3. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is confused.
4. Why does Mellors join the Army?
(a) He wanted to raise his social standing.
(b) He needed the money.
(c) He wanted to fight for a cause.
(d) He wanted to leave his wife.
5. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His plans to fix the mines.
(b) His broken chair.
(c) His acute hunger.
(d) His ailing head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
2. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
3. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
4. Where does Connie decide to take a trip to alone?
5. How long does Connie plan on being gone on her trip alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
2. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
3. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
4. What does Mrs. Bolton tell Connie is the best feeling in the world while they are in the garden together?
5. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
6. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
7. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
8. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
9. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
10. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)