|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Wait for her.
(b) Find them a place to stay.
(c) Take some money.
(d) Come with her.
3. What does Connie do with the picture she sees in Mellors' cottage?
(a) Asks to keep it.
(b) Hides it.
(c) Frames it.
(d) Burns it.
4. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(d) The radio.
5. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
(a) The village.
(b) His mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
2. Who does Connie visit after she makes love to Mellors for the first time?
3. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
4. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
5. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Bolton find out about the affair between Mellors and Connie?
2. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
3. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
4. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
5. What does Connie tell Mellors that gets him upset with her?
6. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
7. What does Mrs. Bolton tell Connie is the best feeling in the world while they are in the garden together?
8. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
9. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
10. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)