|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie tell her father just before she leaves Venice?
(a) She will marry a servant.
(b) She is leaving her husband.
(c) She is lowering her social rank.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. Where does Connie want to live?
(a) In Mellors' cottage.
(b) In America.
(c) In the old houses that were torn down.
(d) In her father's house.
3. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Take some money.
(b) Wait for her.
(c) Come with her.
(d) Find them a place to stay.
4. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
(a) To write.
(b) To dance.
(c) To read.
(d) To lead.
5. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
(a) Yells at Clifford for his behavior.
(b) Meets Mellors at the cottage.
(c) Asks Clifford to give Mellors a raise.
(d) Makes a fine dinner for Clifford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
2. Where is Connie found during the storm?
3. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
4. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
5. What does Mellors think Connie used him for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton tell Connie is the best feeling in the world while they are in the garden together?
3. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
4. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
5. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
6. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
7. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
8. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
9. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
10. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)