|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie realize Clifford's war wound has injured aside from his body?
(a) His mind.
(b) His soul.
(c) His heart.
(d) His confidence.
2. What is Clifford's sister's name?
3. What improves for Clifford during Connie's affair with Michaelis?
(a) His appetite.
(b) His patience.
(c) His writing.
(d) His ambition.
4. What title does Clifford call Michaelis while speaking with Connie about him in private?
5. What does Mellors threaten to do a few days after he meets Connie by chance?
(a) Send the pheasants to someone else's property.
(b) Leave the garden entirely to her care.
(c) Move his things out of the hut.
(d) Not sketch any more.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Connie had a strong aversion for the person she dislikes after her fight with Mellors?
2. What is Michaelis writing a play about in Chapter 6?
3. What kind of interaction is most important to Constance before she gets married?
4. What kind of friends does Clifford like to invite to dine with him and Constance at his new estate?
5. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie suddenly realize about her relationship with Clifford after her fight with Mellors?
2. How does Connie feel about the guests at Wragby Hall discussing issues like intimacy?
3. How is Constance raised?
4. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
5. What happens when Constance's father visits Constance and Clifford at Wragby Hall for the first time?
6. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
7. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
8. What is Clifford doing after the war that is earning him some recognition?
9. Who does Connie write to for help when she gets depressed with her life, and how is she helped?
10. What kind of injury has Clifford sustained, and how is this affecting him?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)