|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village near Clifford's estate?
2. Where would Michaelis like his work to be well-known and liked?
3. How does Connie feel about Michaelis when she meets him?
(a) She likes him immediately.
(b) She thinks he is young and lively.
(c) She finds him coarse and crude.
(d) She finds him dull and boring.
4. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
5. What is discussed at dinner when Clifford's aunt comes to visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are on a walk together?
2. How many siblings does Constance have?
3. What title does Clifford call Michaelis while speaking with Connie about him in private?
4. What is the name of the new chemical works factory near Wragby Hall?
5. What is Clifford's sister's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
2. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
3. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
4. What does Mrs. Bolton tell Connie is the best feeling in the world while they are in the garden together?
5. What is disappointing to Constance about the villagers when she and Clifford move into Wragyby Hall?
6. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
7. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
8. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
9. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
10. How does Clifford's sister feel about and react to Clifford's marriage?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)