|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
2. What does Clifford demand of Connie after Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
(a) Her support.
(b) Her time.
(c) Her attention.
(d) Her loyalty.
3. What does Dukes say a woman cannot do for him?
(a) Be stimulating and humble.
(b) Be intimate and intellectual.
(c) Be admirable and desirable.
(d) Be intelligent and attractive.
4. How does Duke view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(d) Vey negative.
5. What is Mellors' occupation?
(a) Game keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Clifford and Constance deal with their dislike of the villagers?
2. Who takes the role of what Connie does for Clifford at night?
3. How does Connie view what she and Clifford do together at night?
4. Where does Connie invite Michaelis to speak with her privately?
5. What does Mellors give to Connie a few days after they meet each other by chance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
2. How is Constance raised?
3. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
4. Where has Clifford been when he comes home at the beginning of the book, and how long has he been gone?
5. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
6. What does Connie feel cheated of in her life, and who does she blame for this after delivering the letter to Mellors?
7. What is Clifford's stance on intimacy in a relationship?
8. Why does Michaelis come back to Wragby Hall in Chapter 6?
9. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
10. How does Connie feel about the guests at Wragby Hall discussing issues like intimacy?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)