|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Tevershall miners thinking of doing after the new chemical works factory is started?
(a) Working for the new factory.
(b) Selling industry secrets.
(d) Demanding better pay.
2. Where is Connie's first lover from?
3. What is the name of the village near Clifford's estate?
4. What does Michaelis ask Connie to do when he comes to Wragby to present his new play?
(a) Run away with him.
(b) Be in his new play.
(c) Pose for him.
(d) Marry him.
5. What year does the beginning of this book take place in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clifford enjoy doing with his new nurse?
2. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
3. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to join a debate about love and hate?
4. What do Connie and Clifford do together at night?
5. Where does Constance grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michaelis do for a living, and what are his goals for his profession?
2. How does Connie feel about the guests at Wragby Hall discussing issues like intimacy?
3. What is the only time that Connie still spends with her husband during her depression, and how does she feel about it?
4. How does Constance feel about Michaelis, and what does she do in response to these feelings?
5. How does Clifford define his relationship with Connie?
6. What does Connie ask of Mellors when she sees him while walking in the woods during her depression?
7. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
8. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
9. What is Connie's reaction to the surprising plan that Clifford presents to her when they are walking together in the woods?
10. What is Clifford doing after the war that is earning him some recognition?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)