|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Connie and Clifford do together at night?
(a) Play whist.
(b) Discuss Clifford's manuscripts.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Read books.
2. What brings Clifford a lot of extra money after Michaelis has been staying with him for a while?
(a) His farms.
(b) His military funds.
(c) His writing.
(d) The mine.
3. What is Clifford's sister's name?
4. What does Clifford's father do to the grounds to help the war effort?
(a) Mined for the needed steel.
(b) Donated some land.
(c) Cut down some oak trees.
(d) Allowed poor families to build houses on the land.
5. What does Clifford do in his spare time when he moves to his new estate?
(a) Works in the garden.
(b) Reads books.
(c) Undergoes physcial therapy.
(d) Writes stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Constance's husband at home when he marries Constance?
2. What is taking the jobs of men in the mines?
3. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
4. What is Michaelis' profession?
5. Where does Connie invite Michaelis to speak with her privately?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
2. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
3. What does Connie ask of Mellors when she sees him while walking in the woods during her depression?
4. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
5. What happens when Connie sees Mellors in the woods for the second time?
6. What is disappointing to Constance about the villagers when she and Clifford move into Wragyby Hall?
7. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
8. How does Constance feel about Michaelis, and what does she do in response to these feelings?
9. Where has Clifford been when he comes home at the beginning of the book, and how long has he been gone?
10. Why does Michaelis come back to Wragby Hall in Chapter 6?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)