|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Connie feel when she returns to her house after delivering a letter to Mellors?
2. What does Mellors threaten to do a few days after he meets Connie by chance?
(a) Leave the garden entirely to her care.
(b) Send the pheasants to someone else's property.
(c) Not sketch any more.
(d) Move his things out of the hut.
3. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are on a walk together?
(a) Adopting a child.
(b) Trying to produce an heir.
(c) Buying a peasant child.
(d) Having a baby with another man.
4. What kind of friends does Clifford like to invite to dine with him and Constance at his new estate?
5. What is startling about Mellors when Connie delivers a letter to him?
(a) He looks angry.
(b) He is singing alone.
(c) He is stripped to the waist.
(d) He is covered in blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Connie feel about herself when she goes to bed after delivering the letter to Mellors?
2. What part of Connie does she promise will always be Clifford's?
3. What is taking the jobs of men in the mines?
4. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
5. What does Constance's father call her when he comes to visit her and Clifford for the first time in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
2. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
3. What does Connie feel cheated of in her life, and who does she blame for this after delivering the letter to Mellors?
4. What is disappointing to Constance about the villagers when she and Clifford move into Wragyby Hall?
5. How does Constance feel about Michaelis, and what does she do in response to these feelings?
6. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
7. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
8. Why does Michaelis come back to Wragby Hall in Chapter 6?
9. What happens when Connie sees Mellors in the woods for the second time?
10. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)