|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the village.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the dining room.
2. How does Duke view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(b) Vey negative.
3. How long has Connie had a strong aversion for the person she dislikes after her fight with Mellors?
(a) Since he admitted he could never love her.
(b) Since she met him.
(c) Since he lied to her.
(d) Since he spoke rudely to her.
4. What does Michaelis ask Connie to do when he comes to Wragby to present his new play?
(a) Be in his new play.
(b) Run away with him.
(c) Pose for him.
(d) Marry him.
5. Who does Connie think about during her depression that makes her feel better?
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Clifford a lot of extra money after Michaelis has been staying with him for a while?
2. What does Mellors do in 1915?
3. What office does Mellors hold when he leaves the Army?
4. What is taking the jobs of men in the mines?
5. What part of Connie does she promise will always be Clifford's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Connie delivers a message to Mellors from her husband?
2. Why does Michaelis come back to Wragby Hall in Chapter 6?
3. What does Michaelis do for a living, and what are his goals for his profession?
4. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
5. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
6. What does Connie suddenly realize about her relationship with Clifford after her fight with Mellors?
7. How does Connie feel about what she sees on her drive through Uthwaite?
8. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
9. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are walking together in the woods?
10. What does Connie ask of Mellors when she sees him while walking in the woods during her depression?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)