|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
(a) Threatens to tell her husband.
(b) Asks her to marry him.
(c) Makes a snide remark during intimacy.
(d) Says something rude to Clifford.
2. How does Connie describe her intimacy with Clifford?
3. What debate do Clifford's guests have that embarrasses him one night at dinner?
(a) The class system.
(c) Sexual partners.
(d) Treatment of war veterans.
4. What does Michaelis ask Connie to do when he comes to Wragby to present his new play?
(a) Pose for him.
(b) Run away with him.
(c) Be in his new play.
(d) Marry him.
5. Where does Connie like to go on walks?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the woods.
(c) On the ocean shore.
(d) In the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this book take place?
2. How does Connie feel about her new estate with Clifford?
3. What kind of interaction is most important to Constance before she gets married?
4. What is the name of Clifford's fine house?
5. What brings Clifford a lot of extra money after Michaelis has been staying with him for a while?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Connie's reaction to the surprising plan that Clifford presents to her when they are walking together in the woods?
2. What happens when Connie delivers a message to Mellors from her husband?
3. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
4. What revelation does Connie have about Clifford when she returns home after their walk together in the woods?
5. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
6. Who does Connie write to for help when she gets depressed with her life, and how is she helped?
7. Where has Clifford been when he comes home at the beginning of the book, and how long has he been gone?
8. What happens when Constance's father visits Constance and Clifford at Wragby Hall for the first time?
9. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
10. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)