|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Constance's husband before he comes home at the beginning of the book?
(b) On a business trip.
(c) On a religious mission.
(d) Lost at sea.
2. What is Dukes' first name?
3. What is taking the jobs of men in the mines?
(c) Absence of resources.
4. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall least concerned about?
(a) Spiritual concerns.
(b) Intellectual matters.
(c) Political ideals.
(d) Practical matters.
5. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She thinks the age difference is too much.
(c) She is suspiscious of Constance.
(d) She is happy for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie admire most about Michaelis?
2. What does Connie ask Mellors to do when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
3. What is startling about Mellors when Connie delivers a letter to him?
4. Why is Clifford disappointed in Michaelis when he gets to Wragby Hall?
5. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie feel cheated of in her life, and who does she blame for this after delivering the letter to Mellors?
2. What happens when Constance's father visits Constance and Clifford at Wragby Hall for the first time?
3. What is discussed at dinner when Clifford's aunt comes to visit him at Wragby Hall?
4. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
5. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
6. What is disappointing to Constance about the villagers when she and Clifford move into Wragyby Hall?
7. How does Constance feel about Michaelis, and what does she do in response to these feelings?
8. How does Clifford define his relationship with Connie?
9. How is Constance raised?
10. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)