|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clifford demand of Connie after Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
(a) Her time.
(b) Her support.
(c) Her loyalty.
(d) Her attention.
2. What nickname does Constance's father use for her?
3. What does Connie's sister insist that Clifford do to make Connie happy?
(a) Devote more energy to her and her happiness.
(b) Go on a vacation.
(c) Get a nurse to care for him.
(d) Keep Michaelis out of the house.
4. What is Michaelis writing a play about in Chapter 6?
(a) A mining town.
(c) The war.
5. Where is Connie's first lover from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Connie hold responsible for her lack of ambition in life after seeing Mellors in the woods?
2. How does Clifford accompany Connie on her walks?
3. What kind of friends does Clifford like to invite to dine with him and Constance at his new estate?
4. What debate do Clifford's guests have that embarrasses him one night at dinner?
5. What year does the beginning of this book take place in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie tell Mellors that gets him upset with her?
2. How is Constance raised?
3. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
4. What does Connie suddenly realize about her relationship with Clifford after her fight with Mellors?
5. What does Mellors say he would do if he were in charge?
6. What does Clifford tell Connie about Mellors when she returns home from her walk in the woods in Chapter 8?
7. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
8. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
9. What is Clifford doing after the war that is earning him some recognition?
10. What happens when Constance's father visits Constance and Clifford at Wragby Hall for the first time?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)