|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mellors' occupation?
(d) Game keeper.
2. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
(b) Mellors' grandmother.
(d) Mellors' wife.
3. What does Clifford's aunt think should be put into the air to make life better?
4. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
(a) His arm is lame and useless.
(b) He is blind in one eye.
(c) He lost a leg.
(d) He is paralyzed from the waist down.
5. What is the name of the new chemical works factory near Wragby Hall?
(a) Stacks Gates Colliery.
(b) Start Great Colony.
(c) Stacked Greats Colliery.
(d) State Gate Colony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are on a walk together?
2. What is discussed at dinner when Clifford's aunt comes to visit?
3. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
4. What does Dukes say a woman cannot do for him?
5. Who is Mellors with when Connie meets him the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to become a part of the debate one evening?
2. Who does Connie write to for help when she gets depressed with her life, and how is she helped?
3. How does Connie feel about the guests at Wragby Hall discussing issues like intimacy?
4. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
5. What is the only time that Connie still spends with her husband during her depression, and how does she feel about it?
6. What does Connie ask of Mellors when she sees him while walking in the woods during her depression?
7. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
8. What is Connie's reaction to the surprising plan that Clifford presents to her when they are walking together in the woods?
9. What does Connie suddenly realize about her relationship with Clifford after her fight with Mellors?
10. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)