|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is happy for him.
(c) She is suspiscious of Constance.
(d) She thinks the age difference is too much.
2. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is blind in one eye.
(b) He lost a leg.
(c) He is paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) His arm is lame and useless.
3. Where is Connie's first lover from?
4. What about Clifford scares Connie?
(a) His power.
(b) His coarseness.
(c) His weakness.
(d) His apathy.
5. What is Mellors' occupation?
(b) Game keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
2. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
3. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
4. Where would Michaelis like his work to be well-known and liked?
5. What title does Clifford call Michaelis while speaking with Connie about him in private?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clifford's sister feel about and react to Clifford's marriage?
2. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
3. How is Constance raised?
4. What happens when Connie sees Mellors in the woods for the second time?
5. Who does Connie write to for help when she gets depressed with her life, and how is she helped?
6. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are walking together in the woods?
7. What is disappointing to Constance about the villagers when she and Clifford move into Wragyby Hall?
8. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
9. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
10. What is the only time that Connie still spends with her husband during her depression, and how does she feel about it?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)