|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mellors when Connie sees him when she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) A cave on the shore.
(b) The theater.
(c) The gardens.
(d) A hut.
2. What does Dukes say a woman cannot do for him?
(a) Be intimate and intellectual.
(b) Be intelligent and attractive.
(c) Be stimulating and humble.
(d) Be admirable and desirable.
3. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
(a) She is suspiscious of Constance.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is happy for him.
(d) She thinks the age difference is too much.
4. Who takes the role of what Connie does for Clifford at night?
(a) Aunt Eva.
(c) Mrs. Bolton.
5. What is the name of the new chemical works factory near Wragby Hall?
(a) State Gate Colony.
(b) Stacks Gates Colliery.
(c) Stacked Greats Colliery.
(d) Start Great Colony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Clifford call Michaelis while speaking with Connie about him in private?
2. How long has Connie had a strong aversion for the person she dislikes after her fight with Mellors?
3. What does Mrs. Bolton gossip to Clifford about during Connie's depression?
4. Where does Connie like to go on walks?
5. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
2. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
3. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to become a part of the debate one evening?
4. What does Clifford tell Connie about Mellors when she returns home from her walk in the woods in Chapter 8?
5. Where has Clifford been when he comes home at the beginning of the book, and how long has he been gone?
6. How does Connie feel about the guests at Wragby Hall discussing issues like intimacy?
7. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
8. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
9. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
10. What kind of injury has Clifford sustained, and how is this affecting him?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)