Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(b) Vey negative.
2. What does Clifford do when Mrs. Bolton gossips to him?
(a) Listens intently.
(b) Gets ideas for stories.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Changes the subject.
3. How does Clifford accompany Connie on her walks?
(a) In his bath chair.
(b) He has rigged a small horse and buggy.
(c) His nurse pushes a wheelchair.
(d) He has a motorized wheelchair.
4. Where is Connie's first lover from?
5. How long has Constance known her husband when she marries him?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this book take place?
2. What is Mellors' occupation?
3. What kind of interaction is most important to Constance before she gets married?
4. What is startling about Mellors when Connie delivers a letter to him?
5. What does Connie have a foreboding feeling about at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
3. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
4. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
5. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
6. What happens when Connie delivers a message to Mellors from her husband?
7. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
8. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
9. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
10. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)