|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Connie hold responsible for her lack of ambition in life after seeing Mellors in the woods?
(b) Her father.
2. What has Mellors just killed when Connie meets him the second time?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A doe.
(c) A bear.
(d) A wild cat.
3. What kind of friends does Clifford like to invite to dine with him and Constance at his new estate?
4. What is the name of the new chemical works factory near Wragby Hall?
(a) State Gate Colony.
(b) Start Great Colony.
(c) Stacked Greats Colliery.
(d) Stacks Gates Colliery.
5. What does Connie help Clifford do every morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors give to Connie a few days after they meet each other by chance?
2. What does Connie say she is not attracted to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What is Clifford's sister's name?
4. What does Clifford enjoy doing with his new nurse?
5. What does Connie ask Dukes while they are alone together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revelation does Connie have about Clifford when she returns home after their walk together in the woods?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
3. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are walking together in the woods?
4. What does Connie ask of Mellors when she sees him while walking in the woods during her depression?
5. What is Connie's reaction to the surprising plan that Clifford presents to her when they are walking together in the woods?
6. What happens when Connie sees Mellors in the woods for the second time?
7. What is disappointing to Constance about the villagers when she and Clifford move into Wragyby Hall?
8. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
9. What does Connie feel cheated of in her life, and who does she blame for this after delivering the letter to Mellors?
10. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)