|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clifford say the woods make him forget?
(a) That his marriage is a loveless one.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) Not having a son.
(d) Being paralyzed.
2. What does Clifford's father do to the grounds to help the war effort?
(a) Donated some land.
(b) Cut down some oak trees.
(c) Mined for the needed steel.
(d) Allowed poor families to build houses on the land.
3. Who does Connie hold responsible for her lack of ambition in life after seeing Mellors in the woods?
(c) Her father.
4. What does Constance like to do with young men before she gets married?
(a) Debate with them.
(b) Make them look foolish.
(c) Flirt with them.
(d) Dance with them.
5. What is Michaelis writing a play about in Chapter 6?
(a) The war.
(c) A mining town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie say she is not attracted to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
3. What do Constance and Clifford discuss during the day?
4. Why does Clifford not give Connie what she wants from him when Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
5. Which of the following is NOT someone that Clifford invites to Wragby Hall during Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discussed at dinner when Clifford's aunt comes to visit him at Wragby Hall?
2. Who does Connie write to for help when she gets depressed with her life, and how is she helped?
3. What does Connie ask of Mellors when she sees him while walking in the woods during her depression?
4. How does Constance feel about Michaelis, and what does she do in response to these feelings?
5. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
6. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
7. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
8. What is disappointing to Constance about the villagers when she and Clifford move into Wragyby Hall?
9. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
10. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)