|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mellors when Connie sees him when she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) The gardens.
(b) A hut.
(c) The theater.
(d) A cave on the shore.
2. What is Clifford's sister's name?
3. What part of Connie does she promise will always be Clifford's?
(a) Her spirit.
(b) Her intellect.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her lust.
4. What does Mellors do that annoys Connie when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Talks down to her.
(b) Does not look her in the eyes.
(c) Takes no real interest in her presence.
(d) Speaks to her in darbyshire.
5. What is Michaelis writing a play about in Chapter 6?
(b) The war.
(c) A mining town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clifford not give Connie what she wants from him when Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
2. What is Mellors' occupation?
3. Where does this book take place?
4. Where is Michaelis' work well-known and liked?
5. What has Mellors just killed when Connie meets him the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
2. How does Clifford define his relationship with Connie?
3. What happens when Connie sees Mellors in the woods for the second time?
4. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
5. What is disappointing to Constance about the villagers when she and Clifford move into Wragyby Hall?
6. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
7. How is Constance raised?
8. What is Clifford's stance on intimacy in a relationship?
9. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
10. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)