|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the village.
2. What does Constance expect the villagers to do when she moves into her new estate with Clifford?
(a) Beg for money.
(b) Welcome her.
(c) Ignore her.
(d) Taunt her.
3. What does Connie feel has been stolen from her in her marriage with Clifford?
(a) Her determination.
(b) Her passion.
(c) Her importance.
(d) Her intellect.
4. What has Mellors just killed when Connie meets him the second time?
(a) A doe.
(b) A bear.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A wild cat.
5. What part of Connie does she promise will always be Clifford's?
(a) Her lust.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her spirit.
(d) Her intellect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT someone that Clifford invites to Wragby Hall during Chapter 4?
2. What does Clifford do in his spare time when he moves to his new estate?
3. What is Michaelis' profession?
4. What does Clifford say the woods make him forget?
5. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
2. What happens when Constance's father visits Constance and Clifford at Wragby Hall for the first time?
3. Why does Michaelis come back to Wragby Hall in Chapter 6?
4. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
5. What does Connie suddenly realize about her relationship with Clifford after her fight with Mellors?
6. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
7. What is disappointing to Constance about the villagers when she and Clifford move into Wragyby Hall?
8. What revelation does Connie have about Clifford when she returns home after their walk together in the woods?
9. What is discussed at dinner when Clifford's aunt comes to visit him at Wragby Hall?
10. What happens when Connie sees Mellors in the woods for the second time?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)