|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mellors when Connie sees him when she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) The theater.
(b) The gardens.
(c) A cave on the shore.
(d) A hut.
2. What nickname does Constance's father use for her?
3. How does Duke view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(d) Vey negative.
4. What does Clifford do when Mrs. Bolton gossips to him?
(a) Changes the subject.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Gets ideas for stories.
(d) Listens intently.
5. Who takes the role of what Connie does for Clifford at night?
(a) Aunt Eva.
(c) Mrs. Bolton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clifford demand of Connie after Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
2. What is Dukes' first name?
3. What does Clifford say the woods make him forget?
4. Who does Connie think about during her depression that makes her feel better?
5. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie tell Mellors that gets him upset with her?
2. What is Connie's reaction to the surprising plan that Clifford presents to her when they are walking together in the woods?
3. How does Connie feel about what she sees on her drive through Uthwaite?
4. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
5. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
6. Who does Connie write to for help when she gets depressed with her life, and how is she helped?
7. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
8. What does Mellors say he would do if he were in charge?
9. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
10. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)