|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
(b) Mellors' wife.
(c) Mellors' grandmother.
2. Which of the following is NOT someone that Clifford invites to Wragby Hall during Chapter 4?
(b) Army man.
3. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
4. Where is Michaelis from?
5. What year does the beginning of this book take place in?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall least concerned about?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton gossip to Clifford about during Connie's depression?
3. What does Constance expect the villagers to do when she moves into her new estate with Clifford?
4. What is Dukes' first name?
5. What office does Mellors hold when he leaves the Army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
2. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to become a part of the debate one evening?
3. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
4. What does Clifford tell Connie about Mellors when she returns home from her walk in the woods in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Connie write to for help when she gets depressed with her life, and how is she helped?
6. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
7. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
8. What does Connie ask of Mellors when she sees him while walking in the woods during her depression?
9. What does Connie suddenly realize about her relationship with Clifford after her fight with Mellors?
10. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)