|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Michaelis from?
2. What does Connie have a foreboding feeling about at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Her affair with Michaelis is about to end.
(b) Their fortune will be lost.
(c) Clifford knows about her affair.
(d) Someone will tell Clifford about her affair.
3. What does Clifford demand of Connie after Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
(a) Her attention.
(b) Her loyalty.
(c) Her time.
(d) Her support.
4. What does Constance's father suggest she do to help her become lest restless?
(a) Find a new hobby.
(b) Find a lover.
(c) Take a trip.
(d) Get a divorce.
5. What does Dukes say a woman cannot do for him?
(a) Be stimulating and humble.
(b) Be admirable and desirable.
(c) Be intimate and intellectual.
(d) Be intelligent and attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clifford enjoy doing with his new nurse?
2. How long has Connie had a strong aversion for the person she dislikes after her fight with Mellors?
3. Why is Clifford disappointed in Michaelis when he gets to Wragby Hall?
4. Where does Mellors go when he is in the Army?
5. How do Clifford and Constance deal with their dislike of the villagers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clifford tell Connie about Mellors when she returns home from her walk in the woods in Chapter 8?
2. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
3. What happens when Connie delivers a message to Mellors from her husband?
4. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are walking together in the woods?
5. What does Connie ask of Mellors when she sees him while walking in the woods during her depression?
6. What does Michaelis do for a living, and what are his goals for his profession?
7. What is the only time that Connie still spends with her husband during her depression, and how does she feel about it?
8. What happens when Constance's father visits Constance and Clifford at Wragby Hall for the first time?
9. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
10. What is Clifford doing after the war that is earning him some recognition?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)