|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Constance has seen her husband at the beginning of the book?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
2. What does Connie do when she returns home after her walk during her depression?
(a) Takes a long nap.
(b) Asks Clifford about Mellors.
(c) Tells Clifford about her desire to garden.
(d) Dresses in Clifford's favorite dress.
3. What is the name of Clifford's fine house?
(a) Rigby Manor.
(b) Wragby Hall.
(c) Wrigbly Hall.
(d) Rugby Place.
4. What about Clifford scares Connie?
(a) His apathy.
(b) His weakness.
(c) His power.
(d) His coarseness.
5. What does Connie feel has been stolen from her in her marriage with Clifford?
(a) Her intellect.
(b) Her determination.
(c) Her passion.
(d) Her importance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
2. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
3. What does Mellors give to Connie a few days after they meet each other by chance?
4. What do Constance and Clifford discuss during the day?
5. Where does Connie like to go on walks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clifford ask of Connie in Chapter 4, and how does she respond?
2. What does Michaelis do for a living, and what are his goals for his profession?
3. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
4. Who does Connie write to for help when she gets depressed with her life, and how is she helped?
5. What happens when Connie delivers a message to Mellors from her husband?
6. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to become a part of the debate one evening?
7. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
8. What kind of injury has Clifford sustained, and how is this affecting him?
9. What is discussed at dinner when Clifford's aunt comes to visit him at Wragby Hall?
10. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)