|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Clifford a lot of extra money after Michaelis has been staying with him for a while?
(a) His military funds.
(b) His farms.
(c) His writing.
(d) The mine.
2. Where does Constance grow up?
3. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
(a) Mellors' wife.
(c) Mellors' grandmother.
4. Where would Michaelis like his work to be well-known and liked?
5. How does Connie feel when she returns to her house after delivering a letter to Mellors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie do before going to bed after she delivers the letter to Mellors?
2. Who does Connie hold responsible for her lack of ambition in life after seeing Mellors in the woods?
3. What does Connie admire most about Michaelis?
4. How do Clifford and Constance deal with their dislike of the villagers?
5. What does Clifford say the woods make him forget?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Connie delivers a message to Mellors from her husband?
2. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to become a part of the debate one evening?
3. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are walking together in the woods?
4. What kind of injury has Clifford sustained, and how is this affecting him?
5. What is disappointing to Constance about the villagers when she and Clifford move into Wragyby Hall?
6. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
7. What does Constance like to do with other young men before she gets married?
8. What is Clifford's stance on intimacy in a relationship?
9. How does Connie feel about the guests at Wragby Hall discussing issues like intimacy?
10. How does Constance feel about Michaelis, and what does she do in response to these feelings?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)