|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is suspiscious of Constance.
(c) She thinks the age difference is too much.
(d) She is happy for him.
2. What does Michaelis ask Connie to do when he comes to Wragby to present his new play?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Be in his new play.
(c) Run away with him.
(d) Pose for him.
3. How does Connie feel when she returns to her house after delivering a letter to Mellors?
4. What is Michaelis' profession?
5. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
(a) He wants Michaelis to help him become popular in America.
(b) He wants to give Connie a diversion from her restlessness.
(c) He wants to help Michaelis become popular in England.
(d) He wants him to paint a portrait of Connie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Tevershall miners thinking of doing after the new chemical works factory is started?
2. Where does Connie invite Michaelis to speak with her privately?
3. Who does Connie think about during her depression that makes her feel better?
4. What does Clifford say the woods make him forget?
5. Where is Michaelis' work well-known and liked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clifford's stance on intimacy in a relationship?
2. Who does Connie write to for help when she gets depressed with her life, and how is she helped?
3. Why does Michaelis come back to Wragby Hall in Chapter 6?
4. How does Clifford define his relationship with Connie?
5. How does Clifford feel about Michaelis after meeting him in person?
6. What is Clifford doing after the war that is earning him some recognition?
7. What happens when Constance's father visits Constance and Clifford at Wragby Hall for the first time?
8. Where has Clifford been when he comes home at the beginning of the book, and how long has he been gone?
9. What does Connie do before going to bed after she sees Mellors washing?
10. What does Connie find when she goes for a walk in the woods during her depression?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)