|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mellors when Connie sees him when she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) The gardens.
(b) A cave on the shore.
(c) A hut.
(d) The theater.
2. How does Duke view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(c) Vey negative.
3. How does Connie feel when she returns to her house after delivering a letter to Mellors?
4. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
(a) She is suspiscious of Constance.
(b) She is happy for him.
(c) She thinks the age difference is too much.
(d) She is disgusted.
5. How does Connie describe her intimacy with Clifford?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to join a debate about love and hate?
2. What is the name of the new chemical works factory near Wragby Hall?
3. How long has Connie had a strong aversion for the person she dislikes after her fight with Mellors?
4. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
5. What is the name of the village near Clifford's estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Clifford been when he comes home at the beginning of the book, and how long has he been gone?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford during the evenings?
3. Why does Michaelis come back to Wragby Hall in Chapter 6?
4. What is discussed at dinner when Clifford's aunt comes to visit him at Wragby Hall?
5. What is Connie's reaction to the surprising plan that Clifford presents to her when they are walking together in the woods?
6. What does Mellors do that causes Connie to be very angry with him?
7. What revelation does Connie have about Clifford when she returns home after their walk together in the woods?
8. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are walking together in the woods?
9. What does Connie feel cheated of in her life, and who does she blame for this after delivering the letter to Mellors?
10. How is Constance raised?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)