|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT someone that Clifford invites to Wragby Hall during Chapter 4?
(a) Army man.
2. Where is Connie's first lover from?
3. What does Mellors do that annoys Connie when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Talks down to her.
(b) Takes no real interest in her presence.
(c) Speaks to her in darbyshire.
(d) Does not look her in the eyes.
4. Why is Constance's husband at home when he marries Constance?
(a) He was preparing for his business trip.
(b) He was visiting his parents.
(c) He had been injured.
(d) He was on leave.
5. How does Connie feel about her new estate with Clifford?
(a) She finds it dismal.
(b) She feels suppressed and lost.
(c) She feels it is soo small.
(d) She thinks it is light and airy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Connie view what she and Clifford do together at night?
2. What does Connie do before going to bed after she delivers the letter to Mellors?
3. Who does Connie have a strong aversion for after her fight with Mellors?
4. Where does Connie invite Michaelis to speak with her privately?
5. Who takes the role of what Connie does for Clifford at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to come and stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
2. How is Constance raised?
3. What happens when Connie sees Mellors in the woods for the second time?
4. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are walking together in the woods?
5. What is discussed at dinner when Clifford's aunt comes to visit him at Wragby Hall?
6. What happens when Constance's father visits Constance and Clifford at Wragby Hall for the first time?
7. What kind of injury has Clifford sustained, and how is this affecting him?
8. Where has Clifford been when he comes home at the beginning of the book, and how long has he been gone?
9. What is Clifford doing after the war that is earning him some recognition?
10. What revelation does Connie have about Clifford when she returns home after their walk together in the woods?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)