|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clifford do in response to all of the rumors spread by his wife?
(a) Filed for divorce with Connie.
(b) Kicked Mellors out of the cottage.
(c) Fired Mellors.
(d) Accused him of adultery.
2. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
3. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
(a) Feeling passion.
(b) Helping someone.
(c) The touch of a man.
(d) Being loved.
4. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(a) Old aristocratic houses.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) An old factory.
5. Who agrees to pose as the father of Connie's baby?
6. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
7. Who takes Connie to Venice?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her aunt.
8. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) A key to the hut.
(b) A wooden necklace charm.
(c) A flower.
(d) A kiss.
9. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
(c) Her father.
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
10. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) The stage driver.
(b) Mellors' shipment.
(c) The postman.
(d) Connie's parents.
11. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
(a) The aristocratic era.
(b) The organic era.
(c) The proud era.
(d) The industrial era.
12. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
(c) Mrs. Bolton.
13. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
14. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
(b) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
(c) It makes Connie more depressed.
(d) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
15. Who does Connie see in Venice unexpectedly?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of a raise does Clifford give to Mrs. Bolton?
2. What does Mellors let Connie hold one day in the hut?
3. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
4. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
5. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)