|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
2. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
(a) They were too aristocratic.
(b) They were too physical.
(c) They were too intellectual.
(d) They were too judgemental.
3. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
4. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His acute hunger.
(b) His ailing head.
(c) His broken chair.
(d) His plans to fix the mines.
5. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
(a) Clifford does not know about it.
(b) Pheasant eggs hatch.
(c) Mellors meets her there.
(d) She is always alone there.
6. Where does Connie want to live?
(a) In America.
(b) In the old houses that were torn down.
(c) In her father's house.
(d) In Mellors' cottage.
7. Where does Connie go for a walk with Clifford after her trip to Venice?
(a) The woods.
(b) The gardens.
(c) The seashore.
(d) The village.
8. What is Connie's father's name?
(a) Sir Manson.
(b) Sir Monarch.
(c) Sir Malcom.
(d) Sir Matthews.
9. What does Clifford do in response to all of the rumors spread by his wife?
(a) Kicked Mellors out of the cottage.
(b) Filed for divorce with Connie.
(c) Fired Mellors.
(d) Accused him of adultery.
10. Why does Mellors join the Army?
(a) He wanted to leave his wife.
(b) He needed the money.
(c) He wanted to fight for a cause.
(d) He wanted to raise his social standing.
11. What does Connie see in a picture in Mellors' cottage?
(a) Him in his military uniform.
(b) Him with his mother.
(c) Him and his daughter.
(d) Him and his wife.
12. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) He must feel an intellectual bond.
(b) He must feel that his partner respects him.
(c) He must be surprised in some way.
(d) His partner must feel pleasure.
13. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(b) Old aristocratic houses.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) An old factory.
14. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
(a) Make love.
(b) Run for cover.
(c) Dance naked.
(d) Commit their love for each other.
15. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Come with her.
(b) Wait for her.
(c) Find them a place to stay.
(d) Take some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
2. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
3. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
4. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
5. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)