|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
(a) Write to him.
(b) Take the wooden necklace charm with her.
(c) Meet with him in the hut again.
(d) Tell her husband about the child.
2. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
(a) A gold digger.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A womanizer.
(d) A polygamist.
3. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Wait for her.
(b) Come with her.
(c) Take some money.
(d) Find them a place to stay.
4. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
(a) To lead.
(b) To write.
(c) To dance.
(d) To read.
5. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
6. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(c) The radio.
7. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His plans to fix the mines.
(b) His broken chair.
(c) His acute hunger.
(d) His ailing head.
8. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) Her sister's house.
(b) The garden.
(c) The woods.
(d) The sea shore.
9. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) He must feel that his partner respects him.
(b) He must be surprised in some way.
(c) He must feel an intellectual bond.
(d) His partner must feel pleasure.
10. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
(a) Being loved.
(b) The touch of a man.
(c) Feeling passion.
(d) Helping someone.
11. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is not surprised.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is angry.
12. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
(a) Makes a fine dinner for Clifford.
(b) Yells at Clifford for his behavior.
(c) Asks Clifford to give Mellors a raise.
(d) Meets Mellors at the cottage.
13. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) A key to the hut.
(b) A flower.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A wooden necklace charm.
14. What does Mellors think Connie used him for?
(a) To forget her life.
(b) To get some revenge on Clifford.
(c) To have a child.
(d) To feel some passion.
15. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
2. Who writes to Connie about the return of Mellors' wife?
3. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
4. What is Connie's father's name?
5. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)