|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) He must feel that his partner respects him.
(b) He must be surprised in some way.
(c) He must feel an intellectual bond.
(d) His partner must feel pleasure.
2. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
(a) The garden.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The dining hall.
3. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(c) The radio.
4. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
(a) Make love.
(b) Dance naked.
(c) Run for cover.
(d) Commit their love for each other.
5. What does Connie do with the picture she sees in Mellors' cottage?
(a) Frames it.
(b) Hides it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Asks to keep it.
6. Who helps Connie pack for her trip to Venice?
(b) Mrs. Bolton.
7. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
(a) They were too physical.
(b) They were too intellectual.
(c) They were too aristocratic.
(d) They were too judgemental.
8. What is Connie's father's name?
(a) Sir Monarch.
(b) Sir Manson.
(c) Sir Matthews.
(d) Sir Malcom.
9. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
(a) She wanted to feel beautiful.
(b) She was lonely.
(c) She wanted to make Clifford jealous.
(d) She is physically attracted to him.
10. Where does Connie want to live?
(a) In her father's house.
(b) In Mellors' cottage.
(c) In the old houses that were torn down.
(d) In America.
11. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
12. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
13. Who does Connie visit after she makes love to Mellors for the first time?
(a) Her parents.
(c) Her sister.
(d) The Flints.
14. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
(a) Makes a fine dinner for Clifford.
(b) Yells at Clifford for his behavior.
(c) Asks Clifford to give Mellors a raise.
(d) Meets Mellors at the cottage.
15. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His broken chair.
(b) His ailing head.
(c) His acute hunger.
(d) His plans to fix the mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mellors and Connie make love for the first time?
2. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
3. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
4. Where is Connie found during the storm?
5. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)