|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Connie visit after she makes love to Mellors for the first time?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The Flints.
2. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
3. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
(a) Some tiny clothes.
(b) An old crib.
(c) A picture of some babies.
(d) A cradle.
4. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
(a) His father.
(d) His colonel.
5. Who takes Connie to Venice?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her aunt.
6. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
(a) She admits she is falling in love with him.
(b) She threatens to leave this job.
(c) So she can play cards with him.
(d) She is so good at her job.
7. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
8. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is not surprised.
(d) He is confused.
9. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
(c) The village.
(d) His mother's house.
10. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
11. What is being built in place of what is being torn down during Connie's drive?
(a) Fruit orchards.
(b) A new factory.
(c) A shopping and trading center.
(d) Smaller homes.
12. What does Mellors let Connie hold one day in the hut?
(a) His hand.
(b) A special floral bulb.
(c) An egg.
(d) A baby pheasant.
13. What does Connie tell her father just before she leaves Venice?
(a) She is leaving her husband.
(b) She will marry a servant.
(c) She is lowering her social rank.
(d) She is pregnant.
14. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) He ignores Mellors altogether.
(b) He is kind and gentle.
(c) He is very rude.
(d) He promises to give him a bonus.
15. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
(a) Mrs. Bolton.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
2. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
3. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
4. What does Clifford do in response to all of the rumors spread by his wife?
5. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)