|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(c) The radio.
2. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) His partner must feel pleasure.
(b) He must be surprised in some way.
(c) He must feel that his partner respects him.
(d) He must feel an intellectual bond.
3. Why does Mellors join the Army?
(a) He wanted to leave his wife.
(b) He wanted to fight for a cause.
(c) He needed the money.
(d) He wanted to raise his social standing.
4. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
5. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
(b) His colonel.
(d) His father.
6. What happens to Clifford if Connie stays away from him for too long during her depression?
(a) He becomes suspicious.
(b) He forgets about her.
(c) He becomes abusive to Mrs. Bolton.
(d) He becomes an emotional wreck.
7. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The dining hall.
(d) The garden.
8. Where does Connie want to live?
(a) In Mellors' cottage.
(b) In America.
(c) In her father's house.
(d) In the old houses that were torn down.
9. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
10. What is the name of Mellors' wife?
11. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Come with her.
(b) Wait for her.
(c) Find them a place to stay.
(d) Take some money.
12. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angry.
13. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
(a) Pheasant eggs hatch.
(b) Mellors meets her there.
(c) She is always alone there.
(d) Clifford does not know about it.
14. What does Connie tell her father just before she leaves Venice?
(a) She is lowering her social rank.
(b) She is leaving her husband.
(c) She will marry a servant.
(d) She is pregnant.
15. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
(a) Clifford's health.
(c) Her late husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
2. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
3. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
4. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
5. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)