|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Connie pack for her trip to Venice?
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
2. What does Connie tell Clifford she is doing?
(a) Looking for him.
(b) Trying to get him an heir.
(c) Taking a walk.
(d) Bathing in the rain.
3. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
(a) Clifford does not know about it.
(b) Pheasant eggs hatch.
(c) Mellors meets her there.
(d) She is always alone there.
4. What is being built in place of what is being torn down during Connie's drive?
(a) Smaller homes.
(b) A shopping and trading center.
(c) Fruit orchards.
(d) A new factory.
5. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
6. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
7. How does Connie feel when she returns home from her drive?
8. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
(a) Rubs his shoulders.
(b) Plays cards.
9. Who does Connie visit after she makes love to Mellors for the first time?
(a) The Flints.
(b) Her sister.
(d) Her parents.
10. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
11. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
12. What does Clifford do in response to all of the rumors spread by his wife?
(a) Filed for divorce with Connie.
(b) Kicked Mellors out of the cottage.
(c) Fired Mellors.
(d) Accused him of adultery.
13. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
(a) Being loved.
(b) The touch of a man.
(c) Feeling passion.
(d) Helping someone.
14. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
(a) Makes a fine dinner for Clifford.
(b) Meets Mellors at the cottage.
(c) Asks Clifford to give Mellors a raise.
(d) Yells at Clifford for his behavior.
15. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) The sea shore.
(b) The woods.
(c) The garden.
(d) Her sister's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
2. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
3. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
4. What does Connie tell her father just before she leaves Venice?
5. Who does Connie see in Venice unexpectedly?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)