|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
(a) Plays cards.
(c) Rubs his shoulders.
2. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) He must be surprised in some way.
(b) He must feel that his partner respects him.
(c) His partner must feel pleasure.
(d) He must feel an intellectual bond.
3. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
4. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
(a) The proud era.
(b) The organic era.
(c) The aristocratic era.
(d) The industrial era.
5. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His ailing head.
(b) His acute hunger.
(c) His plans to fix the mines.
(d) His broken chair.
6. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
(c) His father.
(d) His colonel.
7. Who takes Connie to Venice?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her aunt.
8. What does Clifford tell Connie he still wants her to do during her depression?
(a) Make love to him.
(c) Be happy.
(d) Have another man's child.
9. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
(a) Feeling passion.
(b) Being loved.
(c) Helping someone.
(d) The touch of a man.
10. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) A wooden necklace charm.
(b) A key to the hut.
(c) A flower.
(d) A kiss.
11. What does Connie tell Clifford she is doing?
(a) Looking for him.
(b) Bathing in the rain.
(c) Trying to get him an heir.
(d) Taking a walk.
12. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
(b) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
(c) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
(d) It makes Connie more depressed.
13. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
14. What does Mellors think Connie used him for?
(a) To get some revenge on Clifford.
(b) To feel some passion.
(c) To forget her life.
(d) To have a child.
15. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
(a) Commit their love for each other.
(b) Run for cover.
(c) Dance naked.
(d) Make love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
2. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
3. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
4. How does Connie feel when she returns home from her drive?
5. What is Connie's father's name?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)