|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Connie feel when she returns home from her drive?
2. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
(b) His colonel.
(d) His father.
3. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
(a) They were too aristocratic.
(b) They were too intellectual.
(c) They were too judgemental.
(d) They were too physical.
4. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
(a) A cradle.
(b) Some tiny clothes.
(c) A picture of some babies.
(d) An old crib.
5. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(a) Old aristocratic houses.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) An old factory.
6. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The dining hall.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The garden.
7. What does Connie tell her father just before she leaves Venice?
(a) She will marry a servant.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is lowering her social rank.
(d) She is leaving her husband.
8. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
(a) Yells at Clifford for his behavior.
(b) Makes a fine dinner for Clifford.
(c) Meets Mellors at the cottage.
(d) Asks Clifford to give Mellors a raise.
9. Who takes Connie to Venice?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her cousin.
10. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
(a) To write.
(b) To dance.
(c) To lead.
(d) To read.
11. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
(b) His mother's house.
(c) The village.
12. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
(a) Clifford does not know about it.
(b) She is always alone there.
(c) Mellors meets her there.
(d) Pheasant eggs hatch.
13. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) He must be surprised in some way.
(b) He must feel an intellectual bond.
(c) He must feel that his partner respects him.
(d) His partner must feel pleasure.
14. What is the name of Mellors' wife?
15. What does Mellors let Connie hold one day in the hut?
(a) An egg.
(b) His hand.
(c) A baby pheasant.
(d) A special floral bulb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
2. Where do Mellors and Connie make love for the first time?
3. What does Connie tell Clifford she is doing?
4. What does Connie do with the picture she sees in Mellors' cottage?
5. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)