|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
(a) She wanted to make Clifford jealous.
(b) She was lonely.
(c) She wanted to feel beautiful.
(d) She is physically attracted to him.
2. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) The postman.
(b) Connie's parents.
(c) Mellors' shipment.
(d) The stage driver.
3. Where does Connie go for a walk with Clifford after her trip to Venice?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The woods.
(c) The village.
(d) The seashore.
4. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
(a) She is so good at her job.
(b) So she can play cards with him.
(c) She threatens to leave this job.
(d) She admits she is falling in love with him.
5. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(a) The radio.
6. How much of a raise does Clifford give to Mrs. Bolton?
(a) 10 pounds a month.
(b) 100 pounds a year.
(c) 10 pounds a week.
(d) 100 pounds a month.
7. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
(b) It makes Connie more depressed.
(c) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
(d) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
8. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
(b) Plays cards.
(c) Rubs his shoulders.
9. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
10. What is being built in place of what is being torn down during Connie's drive?
(a) Smaller homes.
(b) A shopping and trading center.
(c) A new factory.
(d) Fruit orchards.
11. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) He ignores Mellors altogether.
(b) He is very rude.
(c) He promises to give him a bonus.
(d) He is kind and gentle.
12. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Take some money.
(b) Come with her.
(c) Find them a place to stay.
(d) Wait for her.
13. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
(b) The village.
(c) His mother's house.
14. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
15. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
(a) His father.
(c) His colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
2. Why does Mellors join the Army?
3. Who writes to Connie about the return of Mellors' wife?
4. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
5. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)