|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie see in a picture in Mellors' cottage?
(a) Him and his wife.
(b) Him and his daughter.
(c) Him in his military uniform.
(d) Him with his mother.
2. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His broken chair.
(b) His acute hunger.
(c) His ailing head.
(d) His plans to fix the mines.
3. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
4. What happens to Clifford if Connie stays away from him for too long during her depression?
(a) He becomes abusive to Mrs. Bolton.
(b) He becomes suspicious.
(c) He becomes an emotional wreck.
(d) He forgets about her.
5. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The dining hall.
6. What is the only thing Connie can see as she travels through Europe?
7. What is being built in place of what is being torn down during Connie's drive?
(a) Smaller homes.
(b) A shopping and trading center.
(c) A new factory.
(d) Fruit orchards.
8. Where do Mellors and Connie make love for the first time?
(a) The woods.
(b) The hut.
(c) The beach.
(d) The garden.
9. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(b) An old factory.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) Old aristocratic houses.
10. What does Connie tell her father just before she leaves Venice?
(a) She is leaving her husband.
(b) She will marry a servant.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is lowering her social rank.
11. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
(b) Plays cards.
(c) Rubs his shoulders.
12. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
13. Who writes to Connie about the return of Mellors' wife?
(b) Mrs. Bolton.
14. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(d) The radio.
15. What does Mellors think Connie used him for?
(a) To get some revenge on Clifford.
(b) To feel some passion.
(c) To have a child.
(d) To forget her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
2. Who helps Connie pack for her trip to Venice?
3. Who agrees to pose as the father of Connie's baby?
4. How much of a raise does Clifford give to Mrs. Bolton?
5. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)