|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) Old aristocratic houses.
(d) An old factory.
2. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
3. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
4. What does Mellors let Connie hold one day in the hut?
(a) An egg.
(b) His hand.
(c) A baby pheasant.
(d) A special floral bulb.
5. What is the only thing Connie can see as she travels through Europe?
6. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is confused.
7. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
8. What happens to Clifford if Connie stays away from him for too long during her depression?
(a) He becomes suspicious.
(b) He becomes an emotional wreck.
(c) He becomes abusive to Mrs. Bolton.
(d) He forgets about her.
9. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
(a) Write to him.
(b) Take the wooden necklace charm with her.
(c) Tell her husband about the child.
(d) Meet with him in the hut again.
10. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
(b) Her father.
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
11. What does Clifford do in response to all of the rumors spread by his wife?
(a) Filed for divorce with Connie.
(b) Accused him of adultery.
(c) Fired Mellors.
(d) Kicked Mellors out of the cottage.
12. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
13. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) He ignores Mellors altogether.
(b) He is very rude.
(c) He is kind and gentle.
(d) He promises to give him a bonus.
14. What does Connie see in a picture in Mellors' cottage?
(a) Him with his mother.
(b) Him and his wife.
(c) Him and his daughter.
(d) Him in his military uniform.
15. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) He must feel that his partner respects him.
(b) He must be surprised in some way.
(c) His partner must feel pleasure.
(d) He must feel an intellectual bond.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Connie feel when she returns home from her drive?
2. What does Clifford talk about on his walk with Connie before her trip to Venice?
3. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
4. Where does Connie decide to take a trip to alone?
5. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)