|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. Who does Connie see in Venice unexpectedly?
(a) Her parents.
(c) Her sister.
3. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
4. Where does Connie want to live?
(a) In the old houses that were torn down.
(b) In Mellors' cottage.
(c) In her father's house.
(d) In America.
5. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
(a) She wanted to make Clifford jealous.
(b) She is physically attracted to him.
(c) She was lonely.
(d) She wanted to feel beautiful.
6. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) The postman.
(b) Connie's parents.
(c) Mellors' shipment.
(d) The stage driver.
7. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
8. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
9. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
(a) Yells at Clifford for his behavior.
(b) Asks Clifford to give Mellors a raise.
(c) Meets Mellors at the cottage.
(d) Makes a fine dinner for Clifford.
10. What is being built in place of what is being torn down during Connie's drive?
(a) A shopping and trading center.
(b) Fruit orchards.
(c) Smaller homes.
(d) A new factory.
11. What happens to Clifford if Connie stays away from him for too long during her depression?
(a) He becomes an emotional wreck.
(b) He becomes suspicious.
(c) He forgets about her.
(d) He becomes abusive to Mrs. Bolton.
12. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) He must be surprised in some way.
(b) He must feel that his partner respects him.
(c) His partner must feel pleasure.
(d) He must feel an intellectual bond.
13. What does Clifford tell Connie he still wants her to do during her depression?
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Be happy.
(d) Have another man's child.
14. Why does Mellors join the Army?
(a) He wanted to raise his social standing.
(b) He needed the money.
(c) He wanted to leave his wife.
(d) He wanted to fight for a cause.
15. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
(c) Mrs. Bolton.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
2. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
3. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
4. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
5. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)