|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
(b) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
(c) It makes Connie more depressed.
(d) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
2. Where is Connie found during the storm?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Mellors' cottage.
(c) In her room.
(d) The drive.
3. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
(a) A womanizer.
(b) A polygamist.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A gold digger.
4. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
(b) Mrs. Bolton.
5. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
(a) So she can play cards with him.
(b) She is so good at her job.
(c) She threatens to leave this job.
(d) She admits she is falling in love with him.
6. Who does Connie see in Venice unexpectedly?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her sister.
7. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) He promises to give him a bonus.
(b) He is kind and gentle.
(c) He ignores Mellors altogether.
(d) He is very rude.
8. Who does Connie visit after she makes love to Mellors for the first time?
(b) The Flints.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her parents.
9. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
(a) The garden.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The dining hall.
(d) The kitchen.
10. What does Mellors think Connie used him for?
(a) To have a child.
(b) To feel some passion.
(c) To get some revenge on Clifford.
(d) To forget her life.
11. How long does Connie plan on being gone on her trip alone?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 weeks.
12. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
(b) Her late husband.
(d) Clifford's health.
13. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
14. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) The postman.
(b) The stage driver.
(c) Connie's parents.
(d) Mellors' shipment.
15. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) A flower.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A key to the hut.
(d) A wooden necklace charm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clifford do in response to all of the rumors spread by his wife?
2. Where does Connie decide to take a trip to alone?
3. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
4. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
5. Who helps Connie pack for her trip to Venice?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)