|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
(a) Run for cover.
(b) Dance naked.
(c) Commit their love for each other.
(d) Make love.
2. How long does Connie plan on being gone on her trip alone?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
3. Where is Connie found during the storm?
(a) In the woods.
(b) The drive.
(c) Mellors' cottage.
(d) In her room.
4. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The garden.
(d) The dining hall.
5. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Come with her.
(b) Wait for her.
(c) Take some money.
(d) Find them a place to stay.
6. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
(c) Mrs. Bolton.
7. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is not surprised.
(d) He is pleased.
8. What is the name of Mellors' wife?
9. What does Mellors let Connie hold one day in the hut?
(a) An egg.
(b) A special floral bulb.
(c) A baby pheasant.
(d) His hand.
10. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
(a) They were too physical.
(b) They were too aristocratic.
(c) They were too judgemental.
(d) They were too intellectual.
11. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
(a) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Bolton.
12. What does Connie do with the picture she sees in Mellors' cottage?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Frames it.
(c) Hides it.
(d) Asks to keep it.
13. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) He ignores Mellors altogether.
(b) He is very rude.
(c) He promises to give him a bonus.
(d) He is kind and gentle.
14. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His plans to fix the mines.
(b) His broken chair.
(c) His ailing head.
(d) His acute hunger.
15. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
2. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
3. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
4. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
5. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)