|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
(a) Feeling passion.
(b) Helping someone.
(c) Being loved.
(d) The touch of a man.
2. Where is Connie found during the storm?
(a) The drive.
(b) In her room.
(c) Mellors' cottage.
(d) In the woods.
3. What does Connie see in a picture in Mellors' cottage?
(a) Him in his military uniform.
(b) Him and his wife.
(c) Him with his mother.
(d) Him and his daughter.
4. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
(a) A polygamist.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A womanizer.
(d) A gold digger.
5. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
(a) The proud era.
(b) The organic era.
(c) The industrial era.
(d) The aristocratic era.
6. Who takes Connie to Venice?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her cousin.
7. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
(a) His father.
(d) His colonel.
8. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
(a) So she can play cards with him.
(b) She is so good at her job.
(c) She threatens to leave this job.
(d) She admits she is falling in love with him.
9. What does Connie do with the picture she sees in Mellors' cottage?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Asks to keep it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Frames it.
10. What is the only thing Connie can see as she travels through Europe?
11. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) Connie's parents.
(b) Mellors' shipment.
(c) The stage driver.
(d) The postman.
12. Why does Mellors join the Army?
(a) He wanted to leave his wife.
(b) He needed the money.
(c) He wanted to raise his social standing.
(d) He wanted to fight for a cause.
13. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
14. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
(b) It makes Connie more depressed.
(c) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
(d) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
15. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Wait for her.
(b) Come with her.
(c) Take some money.
(d) Find them a place to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clifford do in response to all of the rumors spread by his wife?
2. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
3. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
4. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
5. What is Connie's father's name?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)