|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Connie decide to take a trip to alone?
2. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) An old factory.
(c) Old aristocratic houses.
3. What is the only thing Connie can see as she travels through Europe?
4. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
5. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
6. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
(a) They were too aristocratic.
(b) They were too physical.
(c) They were too intellectual.
(d) They were too judgemental.
7. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) Mellors' shipment.
(b) The stage driver.
(c) Connie's parents.
(d) The postman.
8. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
(b) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
(c) It makes Connie more depressed.
(d) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
9. What is the name of Mellors' wife?
10. Who agrees to pose as the father of Connie's baby?
11. Where does Connie go for a walk with Clifford after her trip to Venice?
(a) The village.
(b) The woods.
(c) The gardens.
(d) The seashore.
12. What is Connie's father's name?
(a) Sir Matthews.
(b) Sir Monarch.
(c) Sir Manson.
(d) Sir Malcom.
13. What happens to Clifford if Connie stays away from him for too long during her depression?
(a) He becomes suspicious.
(b) He becomes an emotional wreck.
(c) He forgets about her.
(d) He becomes abusive to Mrs. Bolton.
14. What does Connie tell Clifford she is doing?
(a) Trying to get him an heir.
(b) Looking for him.
(c) Bathing in the rain.
(d) Taking a walk.
15. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Find them a place to stay.
(b) Take some money.
(c) Wait for her.
(d) Come with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Connie want to live?
2. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
3. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
4. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
5. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)