|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
(b) Plays cards.
(d) Rubs his shoulders.
2. Where does Connie want to live?
(a) In Mellors' cottage.
(b) In America.
(c) In the old houses that were torn down.
(d) In her father's house.
3. Where does Connie decide to take a trip to alone?
4. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
(a) Mrs. Bolton.
5. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
(a) The dining hall.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garden.
6. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(a) The radio.
7. What is the name of Mellors' wife?
8. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
(a) She admits she is falling in love with him.
(b) So she can play cards with him.
(c) She threatens to leave this job.
(d) She is so good at her job.
9. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
10. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
(a) A gold digger.
(b) A womanizer.
(c) A polygamist.
(d) A salesman.
11. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(a) An old factory.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) Old aristocratic houses.
12. How does Connie feel when she returns home from her drive?
13. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
(a) Meets Mellors at the cottage.
(b) Asks Clifford to give Mellors a raise.
(c) Makes a fine dinner for Clifford.
(d) Yells at Clifford for his behavior.
14. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
15. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
(a) Clifford's health.
(c) Her late husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
2. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
3. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
4. What does Connie tell her father just before she leaves Venice?
5. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)