Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
(a) Being loved.
(b) The touch of a man.
(c) Helping someone.
(d) Feeling passion.
3. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
(a) A gold digger.
(b) A womanizer.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A polygamist.
4. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
(c) Her late husband.
(d) Clifford's health.
5. What is being built in place of what is being torn down during Connie's drive?
(a) Fruit orchards.
(b) A shopping and trading center.
(c) Smaller homes.
(d) A new factory.
6. Who does Connie visit after she makes love to Mellors for the first time?
(b) The Flints.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her sister.
7. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
(a) Meet with him in the hut again.
(b) Take the wooden necklace charm with her.
(c) Tell her husband about the child.
(d) Write to him.
8. What happens to Clifford if Connie stays away from him for too long during her depression?
(a) He becomes suspicious.
(b) He becomes an emotional wreck.
(c) He becomes abusive to Mrs. Bolton.
(d) He forgets about her.
9. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
(a) She wanted to feel beautiful.
(b) She wanted to make Clifford jealous.
(c) She is physically attracted to him.
(d) She was lonely.
10. Who helps Connie pack for her trip to Venice?
(b) Mrs. Bolton.
11. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
12. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
(b) Mrs. Bolton.
(d) Her father.
13. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
14. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
(a) An old crib.
(b) A picture of some babies.
(c) Some tiny clothes.
(d) A cradle.
15. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
(a) She admits she is falling in love with him.
(b) So she can play cards with him.
(c) She threatens to leave this job.
(d) She is so good at her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
2. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
3. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
4. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
5. Who writes to Connie about the return of Mellors' wife?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)