|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
2. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
(b) Rubs his shoulders.
(d) Plays cards.
3. What does Clifford tell Connie he still wants her to do during her depression?
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Have another man's child.
(d) Be happy.
4. What is the name of Mellors' wife?
5. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
(a) To dance.
(b) To lead.
(c) To read.
(d) To write.
6. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(b) The radio.
7. What does Connie tell Clifford she is doing?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Looking for him.
(c) Trying to get him an heir.
(d) Bathing in the rain.
8. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
9. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
(a) She threatens to leave this job.
(b) She is so good at her job.
(c) So she can play cards with him.
(d) She admits she is falling in love with him.
10. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) Her sister's house.
(b) The woods.
(c) The garden.
(d) The sea shore.
11. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
(a) She wanted to feel beautiful.
(b) She is physically attracted to him.
(c) She wanted to make Clifford jealous.
(d) She was lonely.
12. What does Connie see in a picture in Mellors' cottage?
(a) Him and his wife.
(b) Him with his mother.
(c) Him and his daughter.
(d) Him in his military uniform.
13. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(b) Old aristocratic houses.
(c) An old factory.
(d) A cemetery.
14. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
(a) His colonel.
(c) His father.
15. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) Mellors' shipment.
(b) The postman.
(c) The stage driver.
(d) Connie's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
2. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
3. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
4. Where is Connie found during the storm?
5. Who helps Connie pack for her trip to Venice?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)