|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) The garden.
(b) The woods.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) The sea shore.
2. How does Connie feel when she returns home from her drive?
3. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
4. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Take some money.
(b) Wait for her.
(c) Come with her.
(d) Find them a place to stay.
5. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) Mellors' shipment.
(b) Connie's parents.
(c) The stage driver.
(d) The postman.
6. Why does Mellors join the Army?
(a) He wanted to raise his social standing.
(b) He wanted to fight for a cause.
(c) He needed the money.
(d) He wanted to leave his wife.
7. Who does Connie visit after she makes love to Mellors for the first time?
(a) Her sister.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The Flints.
8. What is the only thing Connie can see as she travels through Europe?
9. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) He ignores Mellors altogether.
(b) He promises to give him a bonus.
(c) He is very rude.
(d) He is kind and gentle.
10. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
(a) A gold digger.
(b) A polygamist.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A womanizer.
11. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
(a) The industrial era.
(b) The organic era.
(c) The aristocratic era.
(d) The proud era.
12. What does Clifford tell Connie he still wants her to do during her depression?
(a) Be happy.
(b) Have another man's child.
(c) Make love to him.
13. What happens to Clifford if Connie stays away from him for too long during her depression?
(a) He forgets about her.
(b) He becomes suspicious.
(c) He becomes an emotional wreck.
(d) He becomes abusive to Mrs. Bolton.
14. What is the name of Mellors' wife?
15. What does Clifford talk about on his walk with Connie before her trip to Venice?
(a) Her trip.
(b) The mines.
(c) The radio.
(d) His stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
2. Who does Connie see in Venice unexpectedly?
3. Where does Connie want to live?
4. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
5. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)