|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Connie's father's name?
(a) Sir Malcom.
(b) Sir Matthews.
(c) Sir Manson.
(d) Sir Monarch.
2. How long does Connie plan on being gone on her trip alone?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(c) The radio.
4. Where does Connie want to live?
(a) In her father's house.
(b) In the old houses that were torn down.
(c) In Mellors' cottage.
(d) In America.
5. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is confused.
6. Who writes to Connie about the return of Mellors' wife?
(c) Mrs. Bolton.
7. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
(a) The dining hall.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The garden.
(d) The parlor.
8. Where does Connie go for a walk with Clifford after her trip to Venice?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The village.
(c) The seashore.
(d) The woods.
9. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Wait for her.
(b) Come with her.
(c) Find them a place to stay.
(d) Take some money.
10. What does Clifford do in response to all of the rumors spread by his wife?
(a) Accused him of adultery.
(b) Kicked Mellors out of the cottage.
(c) Filed for divorce with Connie.
(d) Fired Mellors.
11. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) He is very rude.
(b) He promises to give him a bonus.
(c) He ignores Mellors altogether.
(d) He is kind and gentle.
12. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) The sea shore.
(b) The woods.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) The garden.
13. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) His partner must feel pleasure.
(b) He must feel that his partner respects him.
(c) He must feel an intellectual bond.
(d) He must be surprised in some way.
14. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
(a) She is physically attracted to him.
(b) She was lonely.
(c) She wanted to feel beautiful.
(d) She wanted to make Clifford jealous.
15. What does Connie tell her father just before she leaves Venice?
(a) She is lowering her social rank.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She will marry a servant.
(d) She is leaving her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
2. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
3. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
4. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
5. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)