|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Connie found during the storm?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Mellors' cottage.
(c) The drive.
(d) In her room.
2. What does Connie tell her father just before she leaves Venice?
(a) She is lowering her social rank.
(b) She is leaving her husband.
(c) She will marry a servant.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. How long does Connie plan on being gone on her trip alone?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
5. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) Old aristocratic houses.
(d) An old factory.
6. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
(a) Write to him.
(b) Tell her husband about the child.
(c) Take the wooden necklace charm with her.
(d) Meet with him in the hut again.
7. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
(c) His mother's house.
(d) The village.
8. What does Mrs. Bolton say is the best feeling in the world?
(a) Helping someone.
(b) The touch of a man.
(c) Being loved.
(d) Feeling passion.
9. What is the only thing Connie can see as she travels through Europe?
10. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
11. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
(a) Mrs. Bolton.
12. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
(a) His colonel.
(c) His father.
13. What does Connie do after her walk with Clifford before her trip?
(a) Yells at Clifford for his behavior.
(b) Asks Clifford to give Mellors a raise.
(c) Meets Mellors at the cottage.
(d) Makes a fine dinner for Clifford.
14. Who does Connie see in Venice unexpectedly?
(a) Her parents.
(d) Her sister.
15. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
(a) A cradle.
(b) Some tiny clothes.
(c) A picture of some babies.
(d) An old crib.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
2. What does Connie tell Clifford she is doing?
3. Who helps Connie pack for her trip to Venice?
4. Who does Connie visit after she makes love to Mellors for the first time?
5. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)