|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
(b) His mother's house.
(c) The village.
2. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
3. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) It makes Connie more depressed.
(b) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
(c) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
(d) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
4. What does Connie tell Clifford she is doing?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Looking for him.
(c) Bathing in the rain.
(d) Trying to get him an heir.
5. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
(a) Run for cover.
(b) Make love.
(c) Dance naked.
(d) Commit their love for each other.
6. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
(a) Find them a place to stay.
(b) Wait for her.
(c) Take some money.
(d) Come with her.
7. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
8. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
(c) Clifford's health.
(d) Her late husband.
9. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) He must be surprised in some way.
(b) His partner must feel pleasure.
(c) He must feel that his partner respects him.
(d) He must feel an intellectual bond.
10. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
(a) Pheasant eggs hatch.
(b) She is always alone there.
(c) Clifford does not know about it.
(d) Mellors meets her there.
11. How does Connie feel when she returns home from her drive?
12. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
(d) The radio.
13. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
(a) She is so good at her job.
(b) So she can play cards with him.
(c) She admits she is falling in love with him.
(d) She threatens to leave this job.
14. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
15. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
2. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
3. Where is Connie found during the storm?
4. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
5. Where does Connie go for a walk with Clifford after her trip to Venice?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)