|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Connie visit after she makes love to Mellors for the first time?
(a) The Flints.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her sister.
2. What is the name of Mellors' wife?
3. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) Old aristocratic houses.
(c) An old factory.
4. What is Connie's father's name?
(a) Sir Matthews.
(b) Sir Manson.
(c) Sir Monarch.
(d) Sir Malcom.
5. Where does Connie want to live?
(a) In Mellors' cottage.
(b) In the old houses that were torn down.
(c) In America.
(d) In her father's house.
6. Who takes Connie to Venice?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her sister.
7. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
(a) The industrial era.
(b) The proud era.
(c) The aristocratic era.
(d) The organic era.
8. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
(b) It makes Connie more depressed.
(c) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
(d) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
9. What is the only thing Connie can see as she travels through Europe?
10. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
(a) Mellors meets her there.
(b) Clifford does not know about it.
(c) Pheasant eggs hatch.
(d) She is always alone there.
11. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
12. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
(b) Rubs his shoulders.
(c) Plays cards.
13. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) The sea shore.
(b) Her sister's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) The garden.
14. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
(a) A womanizer.
(b) A gold digger.
(c) A polygamist.
(d) A salesman.
15. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A wooden necklace charm.
(c) A key to the hut.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Connie found during the storm?
2. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
3. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
4. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
5. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)