|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes to Connie about the return of Mellors' wife?
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
2. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
(a) Tell her husband about the child.
(b) Write to him.
(c) Take the wooden necklace charm with her.
(d) Meet with him in the hut again.
3. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) Her sister's house.
(b) The sea shore.
(c) The garden.
(d) The woods.
4. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
(a) The stage driver.
(b) Mellors' shipment.
(c) Connie's parents.
(d) The postman.
5. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) It makes Connie more depressed.
(b) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
(c) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
(d) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
6. What is Connie's father's name?
(a) Sir Monarch.
(b) Sir Manson.
(c) Sir Matthews.
(d) Sir Malcom.
7. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) He must feel an intellectual bond.
(b) He must feel that his partner respects him.
(c) He must be surprised in some way.
(d) His partner must feel pleasure.
8. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is confused.
9. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) A flower.
(b) A key to the hut.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A wooden necklace charm.
10. Why does Clifford give Mrs. Bolton a raise?
(a) She threatens to leave this job.
(b) She is so good at her job.
(c) So she can play cards with him.
(d) She admits she is falling in love with him.
11. Who agrees to pose as the father of Connie's baby?
12. Where does Connie go for a walk with Clifford after her trip to Venice?
(a) The seashore.
(b) The woods.
(c) The gardens.
(d) The village.
13. What does Clifford tell Connie he still wants her to do during her depression?
(a) Have another man's child.
(c) Be happy.
(d) Make love to him.
14. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
(a) His acute hunger.
(b) His plans to fix the mines.
(c) His broken chair.
(d) His ailing head.
15. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
(a) A polygamist.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A gold digger.
(d) A womanizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of a raise does Clifford give to Mrs. Bolton?
2. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
3. Who helps Connie pack for her trip to Venice?
4. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
5. How does Connie feel when she returns home from her drive?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)