|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
(a) Pheasant eggs hatch.
(b) She is always alone there.
(c) Clifford does not know about it.
(d) Mellors meets her there.
2. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
(c) Her father.
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
3. Who agrees to pose as the father of Connie's baby?
4. How much of a raise does Clifford give to Mrs. Bolton?
(a) 10 pounds a month.
(b) 10 pounds a week.
(c) 100 pounds a year.
(d) 100 pounds a month.
5. What is one of the negative effects of Clifford's new form of entertainment?
(a) There are few visitors to Wragby Hall.
(b) It it physically demanding for Mrs. Bolton.
(c) It is strenuous on Clifford's eye.
(d) It makes Connie more depressed.
6. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) A key to the hut.
(b) A wooden necklace charm.
(c) A flower.
(d) A kiss.
7. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
(c) His mother's house.
(d) The village.
8. What era does Connie say has ended during her drive?
(a) The industrial era.
(b) The organic era.
(c) The proud era.
(d) The aristocratic era.
9. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(a) A cemetery.
(c) Old aristocratic houses.
(d) An old factory.
10. What happens to Clifford if Connie stays away from him for too long during her depression?
(a) He becomes an emotional wreck.
(b) He becomes abusive to Mrs. Bolton.
(c) He becomes suspicious.
(d) He forgets about her.
11. Who does Clifford send to find Connie when she disappears during the storm?
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
12. Why does Mellors join the Army?
(a) He wanted to fight for a cause.
(b) He wanted to raise his social standing.
(c) He wanted to leave his wife.
(d) He needed the money.
13. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
(a) They were too intellectual.
(b) They were too aristocratic.
(c) They were too judgemental.
(d) They were too physical.
14. What does Clifford talk about on his walk with Connie before her trip to Venice?
(a) His stories.
(b) Her trip.
(c) The radio.
(d) The mines.
15. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
(a) To read.
(b) To dance.
(c) To lead.
(d) To write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bolton do with Clifford every night during Connie's affair?
2. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
3. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
4. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
5. What does Connie see at Wragby Hall that makes her think of having a baby?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)