|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
(a) To read.
(b) To lead.
(c) To dance.
(d) To write.
2. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
(b) His colonel.
(d) His father.
3. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
4. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
5. What does Mellors give to Connie when she escapes the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A key to the hut.
(c) A flower.
(d) A wooden necklace charm.
6. What happens to Clifford if Connie stays away from him for too long during her depression?
(a) He becomes suspicious.
(b) He becomes abusive to Mrs. Bolton.
(c) He forgets about her.
(d) He becomes an emotional wreck.
7. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
8. What does Clifford tell Connie he still wants her to do during her depression?
(b) Be happy.
(c) Have another man's child.
(d) Make love to him.
9. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
(a) Write to him.
(b) Meet with him in the hut again.
(c) Tell her husband about the child.
(d) Take the wooden necklace charm with her.
10. What does Connie tell Clifford she is doing?
(a) Trying to get him an heir.
(b) Looking for him.
(c) Bathing in the rain.
(d) Taking a walk.
11. Why does Mellors join the Army?
(a) He wanted to raise his social standing.
(b) He wanted to leave his wife.
(c) He needed the money.
(d) He wanted to fight for a cause.
12. What does Mellors say he needs to have happen in order to take pleasure from a relationship?
(a) His partner must feel pleasure.
(b) He must be surprised in some way.
(c) He must feel an intellectual bond.
(d) He must feel that his partner respects him.
13. Who does Connie see in Venice unexpectedly?
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her parents.
14. Where does Mellors tell Connie he will be when she gets back?
(c) The village.
(d) His mother's house.
15. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) An old factory.
(c) Old aristocratic houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
2. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
3. Who writes to Connie about the return of Mellors' wife?
4. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
5. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)