|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Constance like to do with young men before she gets married?
(a) Debate with them.
(b) Dance with them.
(c) Flirt with them.
(d) Make them look foolish.
2. Who does Michaelis present the first act of his new play to in Chapter 6?
3. What nickname does Constance's father use for her?
4. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
5. What does Michaelis ask Connie to do when he comes to Wragby to present his new play?
(a) Run away with him.
(b) Pose for him.
(c) Be in his new play.
(d) Marry him.
6. What debate do Clifford's guests have that embarrasses him one night at dinner?
(a) Treatment of war veterans.
(b) Sexual partners.
(c) The class system.
7. What does Clifford's father do to the grounds to help the war effort?
(a) Cut down some oak trees.
(b) Donated some land.
(c) Allowed poor families to build houses on the land.
(d) Mined for the needed steel.
8. Who is Mellors with when Connie meets him the second time?
(a) His sister.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His grandmother.
9. What does Connie ask Mellors to do when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Sketch her.
(b) Make a spare key for the hut.
(c) Meet her there often.
(d) Let her help in the planting.
10. What about Clifford scares Connie?
(a) His power.
(b) His weakness.
(c) His coarseness.
(d) His apathy.
11. What does Mrs. Bolton gossip to Clifford about during Connie's depression?
(a) The American society.
(b) The affair between Connie and Michaelis.
(c) The mines.
(d) The servants.
12. What part of Connie does she promise will always be Clifford's?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her lust.
(c) Her intellect.
(d) Her spirit.
13. What brings Clifford a lot of extra money after Michaelis has been staying with him for a while?
(a) His farms.
(b) His writing.
(c) His military funds.
(d) The mine.
14. Why is Constance's husband at home when he marries Constance?
(a) He was visiting his parents.
(b) He had been injured.
(c) He was preparing for his business trip.
(d) He was on leave.
15. Where is Mellors when Connie sees him when she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) The theater.
(b) The gardens.
(c) A hut.
(d) A cave on the shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
2. What does Mellors do in 1915?
3. What does Connie do before going to bed after she delivers the letter to Mellors?
4. What title does Clifford call Michaelis while speaking with Connie about him in private?
5. Where does this book take place?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)