|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie do before going to bed after she delivers the letter to Mellors?
(a) Examines her body.
(b) Writes in her journal.
(d) Speaks candidly with her husband.
2. What is the name of Clifford's fine house?
(a) Wrigbly Hall.
(b) Wragby Hall.
(c) Rigby Manor.
(d) Rugby Place.
3. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall least concerned about?
(a) Political ideals.
(b) Practical matters.
(c) Spiritual concerns.
(d) Intellectual matters.
4. Where does Constance grow up?
5. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
(a) Threatens to tell her husband.
(b) Makes a snide remark during intimacy.
(c) Says something rude to Clifford.
(d) Asks her to marry him.
6. Who does Connie have a strong aversion for after her fight with Mellors?
7. Who is Mellors with when Connie meets him the second time?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His wife.
8. Where does Mellors go when he is in the Army?
9. What improves for Clifford during Connie's affair with Michaelis?
(a) His writing.
(b) His appetite.
(c) His ambition.
(d) His patience.
10. What do Connie and Clifford do together at night?
(a) Play whist.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Discuss Clifford's manuscripts.
(d) Read books.
11. Which of the following is NOT someone that Clifford invites to Wragby Hall during Chapter 4?
(c) Army man.
12. What is startling about Mellors when Connie delivers a letter to him?
(a) He is stripped to the waist.
(b) He is singing alone.
(c) He looks angry.
(d) He is covered in blood.
13. What is Mellors doing when Connie sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Setting up cages for pheasants.
(b) Painting his hut.
(c) Planting flowers.
(d) Sketching the water.
14. What does Clifford's father do to the grounds to help the war effort?
(a) Allowed poor families to build houses on the land.
(b) Donated some land.
(c) Cut down some oak trees.
(d) Mined for the needed steel.
15. What does Connie ask Dukes while they are alone together?
(a) Is monogamy possible.
(b) What happened to private intimacy.
(c) Is intimacy essential.
(d) Why men and women don't like each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dukes' first name?
2. How many siblings does Constance have?
3. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to join a debate about love and hate?
4. What does Connie help Clifford do every morning?
5. Why is Clifford disappointed in Michaelis when he gets to Wragby Hall?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)