|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Clifford's fine house?
(a) Wragby Hall.
(b) Rigby Manor.
(c) Rugby Place.
(d) Wrigbly Hall.
2. Which of the following is NOT someone that Clifford invites to Wragby Hall during Chapter 4?
(d) Army man.
3. How long has Connie had a strong aversion for the person she dislikes after her fight with Mellors?
(a) Since he admitted he could never love her.
(b) Since he spoke rudely to her.
(c) Since she met him.
(d) Since he lied to her.
4. What does Connie do when she returns home after her walk during her depression?
(a) Dresses in Clifford's favorite dress.
(b) Takes a long nap.
(c) Asks Clifford about Mellors.
(d) Tells Clifford about her desire to garden.
5. What does Mellors do that annoys Connie when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Takes no real interest in her presence.
(b) Talks down to her.
(c) Does not look her in the eyes.
(d) Speaks to her in darbyshire.
6. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
(a) Learning to walk again.
(b) Making Connie happy.
(c) Saving the mines.
(d) Writing a novel.
7. Why does Clifford not give Connie what she wants from him when Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
(a) He is physically unable to.
(b) He does not know what she wants.
(c) He does not think she deserves it.
(d) He does not know how.
8. What does Connie realize Clifford's war wound has injured aside from his body?
(a) His soul.
(b) His heart.
(c) His confidence.
(d) His mind.
9. What office does Mellors hold when he leaves the Army?
10. What does Constance's father suggest she do to help her become lest restless?
(a) Find a lover.
(b) Find a new hobby.
(c) Get a divorce.
(d) Take a trip.
11. What does Mrs. Bolton gossip to Clifford about during Connie's depression?
(a) The servants.
(b) The mines.
(c) The affair between Connie and Michaelis.
(d) The American society.
12. What debate do Clifford's guests have that embarrasses him one night at dinner?
(a) Sexual partners.
(b) Treatment of war veterans.
(c) The class system.
13. What nickname does Constance's father use for her?
14. What do Constance and Clifford discuss during the day?
(a) The war.
(b) Their money.
(d) Clifford's stories.
15. Where does Constance grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Connie and Clifford do together at night?
2. What part of Connie does she promise will always be Clifford's?
3. Where does Mellors go when he is in the Army?
4. How does Connie feel about herself when she goes to bed after delivering the letter to Mellors?
5. How does Connie describe her intimacy with Clifford?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)