|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village near Clifford's estate?
2. How does Connie feel about her new estate with Clifford?
(a) She thinks it is light and airy.
(b) She feels it is soo small.
(c) She finds it dismal.
(d) She feels suppressed and lost.
3. What does Constance's father suggest she do to help her become lest restless?
(a) Get a divorce.
(b) Take a trip.
(c) Find a new hobby.
(d) Find a lover.
4. Where does Connie like to go on walks?
(a) On the ocean shore.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the village.
(d) In the garden.
5. Where is Michaelis from?
6. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
(a) She thinks the age difference is too much.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is happy for him.
(d) She is suspiscious of Constance.
7. What does Connie do when she returns home after her walk during her depression?
(a) Tells Clifford about her desire to garden.
(b) Asks Clifford about Mellors.
(c) Takes a long nap.
(d) Dresses in Clifford's favorite dress.
8. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the village.
(d) In the woods.
9. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
(a) Makes a snide remark during intimacy.
(b) Says something rude to Clifford.
(c) Asks her to marry him.
(d) Threatens to tell her husband.
10. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
11. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
(a) Making Connie happy.
(b) Learning to walk again.
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Saving the mines.
12. How does Connie feel about Michaelis when she meets him?
(a) She finds him coarse and crude.
(b) She thinks he is young and lively.
(c) She likes him immediately.
(d) She finds him dull and boring.
13. What debate do Clifford's guests have that embarrasses him one night at dinner?
(a) Treatment of war veterans.
(b) Sexual partners.
(d) The class system.
14. What year does the beginning of this book take place in?
15. What office does Mellors hold when he leaves the Army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taking the jobs of men in the mines?
2. What is the name of the new chemical works factory near Wragby Hall?
3. Who is Mellors with when Connie meets him the second time?
4. Who has Clifford become dependent on during Connie's depression?
5. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)