|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Connie does she promise will always be Clifford's?
(a) Her lust.
(b) Her intellect.
(c) Her spirit.
(d) Her heart.
2. What is Michaelis' profession?
3. What does Mellors do that annoys Connie when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Does not look her in the eyes.
(b) Speaks to her in darbyshire.
(c) Talks down to her.
(d) Takes no real interest in her presence.
4. Where is Constance's husband before he comes home at the beginning of the book?
(a) Lost at sea.
(b) On a business trip.
(c) On a religious mission.
5. Where does Mellors go when he is in the Army?
6. What does Connie's sister insist that Clifford do to make Connie happy?
(a) Go on a vacation.
(b) Devote more energy to her and her happiness.
(c) Get a nurse to care for him.
(d) Keep Michaelis out of the house.
7. What is Michaelis writing a play about in Chapter 6?
(c) The war.
(d) A mining town.
8. What is the name of the new chemical works factory near Wragby Hall?
(a) Stacked Greats Colliery.
(b) State Gate Colony.
(c) Start Great Colony.
(d) Stacks Gates Colliery.
9. What year does the beginning of this book take place in?
10. What does Clifford do when Mrs. Bolton gossips to him?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Listens intently.
(c) Gets ideas for stories.
(d) Changes the subject.
11. What is Clifford's sister's name?
12. Who does Connie think about during her depression that makes her feel better?
13. Where does Connie like to go on walks?
(a) In the village.
(b) In the woods.
(c) On the ocean shore.
(d) In the garden.
14. What title does Clifford call Michaelis while speaking with Connie about him in private?
15. What does Michaelis ask Connie to do when he comes to Wragby to present his new play?
(a) Be in his new play.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Run away with him.
(d) Pose for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie say she is not attracted to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
3. What does Clifford demand of Connie after Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
4. What does Mellors do in 1915?
5. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)