|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Michaelis from?
2. What kind of interaction is most important to Constance before she gets married?
3. What does Connie ask Mellors to do when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Meet her there often.
(b) Let her help in the planting.
(c) Make a spare key for the hut.
(d) Sketch her.
4. What nickname does Constance's father use for her?
5. How long has it been since Constance has seen her husband at the beginning of the book?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 years.
6. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
(a) She thinks the age difference is too much.
(b) She is happy for him.
(c) She is suspiscious of Constance.
(d) She is disgusted.
7. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
(a) He wants to give Connie a diversion from her restlessness.
(b) He wants Michaelis to help him become popular in America.
(c) He wants him to paint a portrait of Connie.
(d) He wants to help Michaelis become popular in England.
8. What do Connie and Clifford do together at night?
(a) Play whist.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Discuss Clifford's manuscripts.
(d) Read books.
9. What does Mellors give to Connie a few days after they meet each other by chance?
(a) A packet of seeds.
(b) A pheasant egg.
(c) A spare key to the hut.
(d) The sketch he made of the ocean that day.
10. What does Connie do before going to bed after she delivers the letter to Mellors?
(a) Writes in her journal.
(b) Speaks candidly with her husband.
(d) Examines her body.
11. How does Connie feel about her new estate with Clifford?
(a) She thinks it is light and airy.
(b) She feels it is soo small.
(c) She feels suppressed and lost.
(d) She finds it dismal.
12. What is Dukes' first name?
13. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to join a debate about love and hate?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They seem disappointed.
(c) They are shocked.
(d) They are annoyed.
14. What year does the beginning of this book take place in?
15. What does Connie do when she returns home after her walk during her depression?
(a) Takes a long nap.
(b) Tells Clifford about her desire to garden.
(c) Asks Clifford about Mellors.
(d) Dresses in Clifford's favorite dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie admire most about Michaelis?
2. What does Constance expect the villagers to do when she moves into her new estate with Clifford?
3. What about Clifford scares Connie?
4. What does Connie have a foreboding feeling about at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What is Michaelis' profession?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)