|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is discussed at dinner when Clifford's aunt comes to visit?
2. What is Michaelis writing a play about in Chapter 6?
(b) The war.
(d) A mining town.
3. What office does Mellors hold when he leaves the Army?
4. Who does Connie think about during her depression that makes her feel better?
5. Who is Mellors with when Connie meets him the second time?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
6. Where does Connie invite Michaelis to speak with her privately?
(a) Her husband's office.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) A private sitting room.
(d) The library.
7. What does Connie ask Dukes while they are alone together?
(a) What happened to private intimacy.
(b) Is intimacy essential.
(c) Why men and women don't like each other.
(d) Is monogamy possible.
8. What are the Tevershall miners thinking of doing after the new chemical works factory is started?
(b) Demanding better pay.
(c) Working for the new factory.
(d) Selling industry secrets.
9. Where does Clifford's sister live?
10. Why is Clifford disappointed in Michaelis when he gets to Wragby Hall?
(a) He is not as popular as he said he was.
(b) He looks down on English aristocracy.
(c) He is too young to be of any use.
(d) He is not as gentlemanly as he seemed.
11. What has Mellors just killed when Connie meets him the second time?
(a) A bear.
(b) A wild cat.
(c) A doe.
(d) A wolf.
12. What title does Clifford call Michaelis while speaking with Connie about him in private?
13. What does Dukes say a woman cannot do for him?
(a) Be stimulating and humble.
(b) Be intimate and intellectual.
(c) Be intelligent and attractive.
(d) Be admirable and desirable.
14. What about Clifford scares Connie?
(a) His weakness.
(b) His coarseness.
(c) His power.
(d) His apathy.
15. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
(a) Asks her to marry him.
(b) Makes a snide remark during intimacy.
(c) Says something rude to Clifford.
(d) Threatens to tell her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Constance's husband at home when he marries Constance?
2. What is Clifford's sister's name?
3. What does Connie ask Mellors to do when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
4. How does Connie feel about herself when she goes to bed after delivering the letter to Mellors?
5. What does Connie feel has been stolen from her in her marriage with Clifford?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)