|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mellors threaten to do a few days after he meets Connie by chance?
(a) Leave the garden entirely to her care.
(b) Move his things out of the hut.
(c) Not sketch any more.
(d) Send the pheasants to someone else's property.
2. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
3. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
(a) Mellors' grandmother.
(b) Mellors' wife.
4. What kind of interaction is most important to Constance before she gets married?
5. What does Mellors give to Connie a few days after they meet each other by chance?
(a) A packet of seeds.
(b) A spare key to the hut.
(c) The sketch he made of the ocean that day.
(d) A pheasant egg.
6. What does Connie ask Dukes while they are alone together?
(a) Is monogamy possible.
(b) Is intimacy essential.
(c) What happened to private intimacy.
(d) Why men and women don't like each other.
7. What does Connie say she is not attracted to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(b) Her lifestyle.
(c) Her self-image.
(d) Other men.
8. What office does Mellors hold when he leaves the Army?
9. What does Clifford's aunt think should be put into the air to make life better?
10. What does Clifford do in his spare time when he moves to his new estate?
(a) Works in the garden.
(b) Undergoes physcial therapy.
(c) Reads books.
(d) Writes stories.
11. What has Mellors just killed when Connie meets him the second time?
(a) A wild cat.
(b) A bear.
(c) A doe.
(d) A wolf.
12. How does Connie view what she and Clifford do together at night?
(a) It is what is expected of her.
(b) It is pleasant.
(c) It is a chore.
(d) It is inconvenient.
13. How long has it been since Constance has seen her husband at the beginning of the book?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 years.
14. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
(a) He lost a leg.
(b) His arm is lame and useless.
(c) He is paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) He is blind in one eye.
15. What does Constance like to do with young men before she gets married?
(a) Dance with them.
(b) Debate with them.
(c) Flirt with them.
(d) Make them look foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Michaelis from?
2. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
3. Where does Connie like to go on walks?
4. Why is Constance's husband at home when he marries Constance?
5. How old is Connie when she delivers the letter to Mellors?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)