|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michaelis ask Connie to do when he comes to Wragby to present his new play?
(a) Run away with him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Be in his new play.
(d) Pose for him.
2. Why is Constance's husband at home when he marries Constance?
(a) He was on leave.
(b) He had been injured.
(c) He was preparing for his business trip.
(d) He was visiting his parents.
3. What year does the beginning of this book take place in?
4. What nickname does Constance's father use for her?
5. What part of Connie does she promise will always be Clifford's?
(a) Her lust.
(b) Her intellect.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her spirit.
6. Where is Mellors when Connie sees him when she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) A cave on the shore.
(b) The theater.
(c) The gardens.
(d) A hut.
7. What is the name of the village near Clifford's estate?
8. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are on a walk together?
(a) Trying to produce an heir.
(b) Having a baby with another man.
(c) Buying a peasant child.
(d) Adopting a child.
9. What kind of interaction is most important to Constance before she gets married?
10. What does Connie ask Mellors to do when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Sketch her.
(b) Make a spare key for the hut.
(c) Let her help in the planting.
(d) Meet her there often.
11. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
(a) Threatens to tell her husband.
(b) Makes a snide remark during intimacy.
(c) Asks her to marry him.
(d) Says something rude to Clifford.
12. How does Connie feel about her new estate with Clifford?
(a) She feels suppressed and lost.
(b) She finds it dismal.
(c) She thinks it is light and airy.
(d) She feels it is soo small.
13. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
(a) In the village.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the dining room.
14. Where is Connie's first lover from?
15. What are the Tevershall miners thinking of doing after the new chemical works factory is started?
(a) Demanding better pay.
(c) Working for the new factory.
(d) Selling industry secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clifford accompany Connie on her walks?
2. What does Clifford do when Mrs. Bolton gossips to him?
3. What does Connie say she is not attracted to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Clifford demand of Connie after Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)