|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are on a walk together?
(a) Having a baby with another man.
(b) Buying a peasant child.
(c) Adopting a child.
(d) Trying to produce an heir.
2. What does Connie say she is not attracted to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Other men.
(c) Her lifestyle.
(d) Her self-image.
3. What does Michaelis ask Connie to do when he comes to Wragby to present his new play?
(a) Pose for him.
(b) Be in his new play.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Run away with him.
4. What do Constance and Clifford discuss during the day?
(b) The war.
(c) Clifford's stories.
(d) Their money.
5. Where does Connie go when she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) The seashore.
(b) The theater.
(c) The woods.
(d) The village.
6. What does Constance like to do with young men before she gets married?
(a) Debate with them.
(b) Dance with them.
(c) Flirt with them.
(d) Make them look foolish.
7. How old is Connie when she delivers the letter to Mellors?
8. What do Connie and Clifford do together at night?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Read books.
(c) Discuss Clifford's manuscripts.
(d) Play whist.
9. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
10. What kind of friends does Clifford like to invite to dine with him and Constance at his new estate?
11. Where is Michaelis' work well-known and liked?
12. What does Connie have a foreboding feeling about at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Her affair with Michaelis is about to end.
(b) Someone will tell Clifford about her affair.
(c) Their fortune will be lost.
(d) Clifford knows about her affair.
13. Why is Constance's husband at home when he marries Constance?
(a) He was preparing for his business trip.
(b) He had been injured.
(c) He was visiting his parents.
(d) He was on leave.
14. Which of the following is NOT someone that Clifford invites to Wragby Hall during Chapter 4?
(b) Army man.
15. How does Connie feel when she returns to her house after delivering a letter to Mellors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dukes say a woman cannot do for him?
2. What is the name of Clifford's fine house?
3. What is startling about Mellors when Connie delivers a letter to him?
4. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)