|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Michaelis' work well-known and liked?
2. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
(a) Mellors' wife.
(c) Mellors' grandmother.
3. Where does Connie go when she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) The village.
(b) The woods.
(c) The theater.
(d) The seashore.
4. What office does Mellors hold when he leaves the Army?
5. How old is Connie when she delivers the letter to Mellors?
6. What kind of friends does Clifford like to invite to dine with him and Constance at his new estate?
7. Where is Mellors when Connie sees him when she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) A hut.
(b) A cave on the shore.
(c) The gardens.
(d) The theater.
8. What is the name of the new chemical works factory near Wragby Hall?
(a) Stacked Greats Colliery.
(b) Start Great Colony.
(c) Stacks Gates Colliery.
(d) State Gate Colony.
9. What does Connie feel has been stolen from her in her marriage with Clifford?
(a) Her intellect.
(b) Her determination.
(c) Her passion.
(d) Her importance.
10. How does Connie describe her intimacy with Clifford?
11. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
(a) Threatens to tell her husband.
(b) Asks her to marry him.
(c) Makes a snide remark during intimacy.
(d) Says something rude to Clifford.
12. Where does this book take place?
13. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
(a) His arm is lame and useless.
(b) He is blind in one eye.
(c) He lost a leg.
(d) He is paralyzed from the waist down.
14. Who does Connie have a strong aversion for after her fight with Mellors?
15. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to join a debate about love and hate?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are annoyed.
(d) They seem disappointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What debate do Clifford's guests have that embarrasses him one night at dinner?
2. Why is Constance's husband at home when he marries Constance?
3. What does Connie do when she returns home after her walk during her depression?
4. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
5. What does Clifford demand of Connie after Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)