|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Connie hold responsible for her lack of ambition in life after seeing Mellors in the woods?
(c) Her father.
2. How many siblings does Constance have?
(a) 2 brothers.
(b) 3 sisters and 1 brother.
(c) 1 sister and 1 brother.
(d) 1 sister.
3. What does Clifford demand of Connie after Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
(a) Her loyalty.
(b) Her support.
(c) Her attention.
(d) Her time.
4. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
(a) His arm is lame and useless.
(b) He is blind in one eye.
(c) He is paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) He lost a leg.
5. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
(a) Asks her to marry him.
(b) Threatens to tell her husband.
(c) Says something rude to Clifford.
(d) Makes a snide remark during intimacy.
6. What does Connie ask Mellors to do when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Sketch her.
(b) Meet her there often.
(c) Let her help in the planting.
(d) Make a spare key for the hut.
7. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
(a) She thinks the age difference is too much.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is suspiscious of Constance.
(d) She is happy for him.
8. What does Connie help Clifford do every morning?
9. Where does Connie invite Michaelis to speak with her privately?
(a) Her husband's office.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) A private sitting room.
(d) The library.
10. What is Michaelis' profession?
11. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
(b) Mellors' wife.
(d) Mellors' grandmother.
12. What part of Connie does she promise will always be Clifford's?
(a) Her intellect.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her lust.
(d) Her spirit.
13. What do Connie and Clifford do together at night?
(a) Play whist.
(b) Discuss Clifford's manuscripts.
(c) Read books.
(d) Eat dinner.
14. How does Connie feel about Michaelis when she meets him?
(a) She thinks he is young and lively.
(b) She likes him immediately.
(c) She finds him dull and boring.
(d) She finds him coarse and crude.
15. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(b) Vey negative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie ask Dukes while they are alone together?
2. What kind of interaction is most important to Constance before she gets married?
3. Where does Connie go when she starts to feel better during her depression?
4. What is the name of Clifford's fine house?
5. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)