|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clifford enjoy doing with his new nurse?
(a) Hearing her gossip.
(b) Teaching her.
(c) Reading with her.
(d) Watching her work.
2. What year does the beginning of this book take place in?
3. What does Connie do when she returns home after her walk during her depression?
(a) Takes a long nap.
(b) Dresses in Clifford's favorite dress.
(c) Asks Clifford about Mellors.
(d) Tells Clifford about her desire to garden.
4. What does Connie do before going to bed after she delivers the letter to Mellors?
(a) Speaks candidly with her husband.
(b) Examines her body.
(d) Writes in her journal.
5. What does Clifford demand of Connie after Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
(a) Her attention.
(b) Her support.
(c) Her loyalty.
(d) Her time.
6. Where does Connie go when she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) The woods.
(b) The village.
(c) The seashore.
(d) The theater.
7. What does Constance's father suggest she do to help her become lest restless?
(a) Get a divorce.
(b) Find a new hobby.
(c) Take a trip.
(d) Find a lover.
8. How many siblings does Constance have?
(a) 3 sisters and 1 brother.
(b) 1 sister.
(c) 1 sister and 1 brother.
(d) 2 brothers.
9. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall least concerned about?
(a) Intellectual matters.
(b) Political ideals.
(c) Practical matters.
(d) Spiritual concerns.
10. What does Clifford's aunt think should be put into the air to make life better?
11. What do Connie and Clifford do together at night?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Read books.
(c) Discuss Clifford's manuscripts.
(d) Play whist.
12. What is Clifford's sister's name?
13. Where does this book take place?
14. What does Mellors give to Connie a few days after they meet each other by chance?
(a) A spare key to the hut.
(b) A pheasant egg.
(c) The sketch he made of the ocean that day.
(d) A packet of seeds.
15. Who takes the role of what Connie does for Clifford at night?
(a) Mrs. Bolton.
(d) Aunt Eva.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
2. How does Clifford accompany Connie on her walks?
3. What about Clifford scares Connie?
4. Where would Michaelis like his work to be well-known and liked?
5. Where does Constance grow up?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)