|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dukes' first name?
2. What does Connie have a foreboding feeling about at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Their fortune will be lost.
(b) Her affair with Michaelis is about to end.
(c) Someone will tell Clifford about her affair.
(d) Clifford knows about her affair.
3. What does Constance expect the villagers to do when she moves into her new estate with Clifford?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Beg for money.
(c) Welcome her.
(d) Taunt her.
4. What does Connie realize Clifford's war wound has injured aside from his body?
(a) His confidence.
(b) His heart.
(c) His mind.
(d) His soul.
5. What is the name of the village near Clifford's estate?
6. What has Mellors just killed when Connie meets him the second time?
(a) A doe.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A wild cat.
(d) A bear.
7. Which of the following is NOT someone that Clifford invites to Wragby Hall during Chapter 4?
(a) Army man.
8. How does Connie feel about Michaelis when she meets him?
(a) She thinks he is young and lively.
(b) She finds him coarse and crude.
(c) She finds him dull and boring.
(d) She likes him immediately.
9. Where does Connie like to go on walks?
(a) In the village.
(b) On the ocean shore.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the garden.
10. How does Connie feel about herself when she goes to bed after delivering the letter to Mellors?
(a) Young and unfulfilled.
(b) Old and depressed.
(c) Confused and alone.
(d) Sad and unworthy.
11. How do Clifford and Constance deal with their dislike of the villagers?
(a) They give them money.
(b) They ignore them.
(c) They pretend to be like them.
(d) They avoid the village.
12. What about Clifford scares Connie?
(a) His weakness.
(b) His apathy.
(c) His coarseness.
(d) His power.
13. What does Connie say she is not attracted to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Her lifestyle.
(b) Other men.
(c) Her self-image.
14. What is Michaelis writing a play about in Chapter 6?
(c) A mining town.
(d) The war.
15. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What debate do Clifford's guests have that embarrasses him one night at dinner?
2. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
3. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
4. Why does Clifford not give Connie what she wants from him when Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
5. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall most concerned about?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)