|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clifford do when Mrs. Bolton gossips to him?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Listens intently.
(c) Changes the subject.
(d) Gets ideas for stories.
2. Who does Michaelis present the first act of his new play to in Chapter 6?
3. Where would Michaelis like his work to be well-known and liked?
4. What debate do Clifford's guests have that embarrasses him one night at dinner?
(b) Sexual partners.
(c) The class system.
(d) Treatment of war veterans.
5. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
6. How long has Constance known her husband when she marries him?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 month.
7. How does Connie feel about herself when she goes to bed after delivering the letter to Mellors?
(a) Young and unfulfilled.
(b) Sad and unworthy.
(c) Old and depressed.
(d) Confused and alone.
8. What is Clifford's sister's name?
9. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the village.
10. Where does Clifford's sister live?
11. Where is Michaelis from?
12. What does Michaelis ask Connie to do when he comes to Wragby to present his new play?
(a) Run away with him.
(b) Be in his new play.
(c) Pose for him.
(d) Marry him.
13. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
(a) Mellors' wife.
(b) Mellors' grandmother.
14. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is paralyzed from the waist down.
(b) He lost a leg.
(c) His arm is lame and useless.
(d) He is blind in one eye.
15. How does Connie feel about Michaelis when she meets him?
(a) She likes him immediately.
(b) She finds him dull and boring.
(c) She finds him coarse and crude.
(d) She thinks he is young and lively.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Connie view what she and Clifford do together at night?
2. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall least concerned about?
3. What does Constance's father call her when he comes to visit her and Clifford for the first time in the book?
4. What does Mellors do in 1915?
5. What does Connie admire most about Michaelis?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)