|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(a) Vey negative.
2. What does Connie do before going to bed after she delivers the letter to Mellors?
(a) Examines her body.
(b) Speaks candidly with her husband.
(c) Writes in her journal.
3. Where is Connie's first lover from?
4. What kind of friends does Clifford like to invite to dine with him and Constance at his new estate?
5. Where does Mellors go when he is in the Army?
6. Why does Clifford not give Connie what she wants from him when Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
(a) He does not think she deserves it.
(b) He is physically unable to.
(c) He does not know what she wants.
(d) He does not know how.
7. What does Clifford's aunt think should be put into the air to make life better?
8. What are the Tevershall miners thinking of doing after the new chemical works factory is started?
(a) Demanding better pay.
(c) Selling industry secrets.
(d) Working for the new factory.
9. Where is Constance's husband before he comes home at the beginning of the book?
(b) Lost at sea.
(c) On a business trip.
(d) On a religious mission.
10. Who has Clifford become dependent on during Connie's depression?
(b) Aunt Eva.
(d) Mrs. Bolton.
11. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
(b) Mellors' grandmother.
(d) Mellors' wife.
12. Who is Mellors with when Connie meets him the second time?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His grandmother.
13. How does Connie view what she and Clifford do together at night?
(a) It is inconvenient.
(b) It is pleasant.
(c) It is what is expected of her.
(d) It is a chore.
14. What does Mrs. Bolton gossip to Clifford about during Connie's depression?
(a) The servants.
(b) The affair between Connie and Michaelis.
(c) The American society.
(d) The mines.
15. How does Connie feel about herself when she goes to bed after delivering the letter to Mellors?
(a) Young and unfulfilled.
(b) Sad and unworthy.
(c) Old and depressed.
(d) Confused and alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dukes say a woman cannot do for him?
2. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
3. What nickname does Constance's father use for her?
4. What does Connie's sister insist that Clifford do to make Connie happy?
5. What improves for Clifford during Connie's affair with Michaelis?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)