|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is suspiscious of Constance.
(c) She is happy for him.
(d) She thinks the age difference is too much.
2. Who takes the role of what Connie does for Clifford at night?
(a) Mrs. Bolton.
(d) Aunt Eva.
3. Where does Constance grow up?
4. What does Connie feel has been stolen from her in her marriage with Clifford?
(a) Her importance.
(b) Her passion.
(c) Her determination.
(d) Her intellect.
5. Why is Clifford disappointed in Michaelis when he gets to Wragby Hall?
(a) He is too young to be of any use.
(b) He looks down on English aristocracy.
(c) He is not as gentlemanly as he seemed.
(d) He is not as popular as he said he was.
6. What are the Tevershall miners thinking of doing after the new chemical works factory is started?
(b) Selling industry secrets.
(c) Working for the new factory.
(d) Demanding better pay.
7. What does Mrs. Bolton gossip to Clifford about during Connie's depression?
(a) The mines.
(b) The servants.
(c) The affair between Connie and Michaelis.
(d) The American society.
8. Who does Connie think about during her depression that makes her feel better?
9. How long has Connie had a strong aversion for the person she dislikes after her fight with Mellors?
(a) Since he spoke rudely to her.
(b) Since he lied to her.
(c) Since she met him.
(d) Since he admitted he could never love her.
10. What do Constance and Clifford discuss during the day?
(a) Their money.
(b) The war.
(d) Clifford's stories.
11. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
12. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
(a) Asks her to marry him.
(b) Says something rude to Clifford.
(c) Threatens to tell her husband.
(d) Makes a snide remark during intimacy.
13. What does Connie help Clifford do every morning?
14. What improves for Clifford during Connie's affair with Michaelis?
(a) His writing.
(b) His patience.
(c) His appetite.
(d) His ambition.
15. What title does Clifford call Michaelis while speaking with Connie about him in private?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clifford say the woods make him forget?
2. What office does Mellors hold when he leaves the Army?
3. How many siblings does Constance have?
4. What does Mellors do in 1915?
5. Who does Connie have a strong aversion for after her fight with Mellors?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)