|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of friends does Clifford like to invite to dine with him and Constance at his new estate?
2. How does Duke view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(b) Vey negative.
3. What year does the beginning of this book take place in?
4. How does Connie view what she and Clifford do together at night?
(a) It is what is expected of her.
(b) It is a chore.
(c) It is pleasant.
(d) It is inconvenient.
5. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
(a) Threatens to tell her husband.
(b) Makes a snide remark during intimacy.
(c) Asks her to marry him.
(d) Says something rude to Clifford.
6. What does Mellors do that annoys Connie when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Speaks to her in darbyshire.
(b) Does not look her in the eyes.
(c) Talks down to her.
(d) Takes no real interest in her presence.
7. What does Connie do before going to bed after she delivers the letter to Mellors?
(a) Writes in her journal.
(b) Speaks candidly with her husband.
(d) Examines her body.
8. Where does this book take place?
9. What does Connie's sister insist that Clifford do to make Connie happy?
(a) Keep Michaelis out of the house.
(b) Go on a vacation.
(c) Get a nurse to care for him.
(d) Devote more energy to her and her happiness.
10. What is taking the jobs of men in the mines?
(d) Absence of resources.
11. What is Mellors doing when Connie sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Painting his hut.
(b) Setting up cages for pheasants.
(c) Planting flowers.
(d) Sketching the water.
12. What title does Clifford call Michaelis while speaking with Connie about him in private?
13. What does Mellors threaten to do a few days after he meets Connie by chance?
(a) Move his things out of the hut.
(b) Not sketch any more.
(c) Send the pheasants to someone else's property.
(d) Leave the garden entirely to her care.
14. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to join a debate about love and hate?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They seem disappointed.
(d) They are annoyed.
15. What is the name of the village near Clifford's estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Clifford's fine house?
2. What does Connie feel has been stolen from her in her marriage with Clifford?
3. Who has Clifford become dependent on during Connie's depression?
4. What does Michaelis ask Connie to do when he comes to Wragby to present his new play?
5. Where is Michaelis from?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)