|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of friends does Clifford like to invite to dine with him and Constance at his new estate?
2. How does Clifford accompany Connie on her walks?
(a) In his bath chair.
(b) His nurse pushes a wheelchair.
(c) He has a motorized wheelchair.
(d) He has rigged a small horse and buggy.
3. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the village.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the dining room.
4. What improves for Clifford during Connie's affair with Michaelis?
(a) His ambition.
(b) His patience.
(c) His writing.
(d) His appetite.
5. What is Michaelis writing a play about in Chapter 6?
(a) A mining town.
(c) The war.
6. What is Clifford's sister's name?
7. What debate do Clifford's guests have that embarrasses him one night at dinner?
(b) Treatment of war veterans.
(c) Sexual partners.
(d) The class system.
8. What title does Clifford call Michaelis while speaking with Connie about him in private?
9. Why does Clifford not give Connie what she wants from him when Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
(a) He is physically unable to.
(b) He does not know what she wants.
(c) He does not know how.
(d) He does not think she deserves it.
10. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(a) Vey negative.
11. Why is Clifford disappointed in Michaelis when he gets to Wragby Hall?
(a) He is too young to be of any use.
(b) He looks down on English aristocracy.
(c) He is not as popular as he said he was.
(d) He is not as gentlemanly as he seemed.
12. What does Connie help Clifford do every morning?
13. How does Duke view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(c) Vey negative.
14. Where does Connie invite Michaelis to speak with her privately?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) Her husband's office.
(c) A private sitting room.
(d) The library.
15. Where is Connie's first lover from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors do in 1915?
2. What do Constance and Clifford discuss during the day?
3. What does Dukes say a woman cannot do for him?
4. What is Mellors' occupation?
5. Who has Clifford become dependent on during Connie's depression?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)