|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Constance's father suggest she do to help her become lest restless?
(a) Take a trip.
(b) Find a lover.
(c) Find a new hobby.
(d) Get a divorce.
2. How do Clifford's guests react when Connie tries to join a debate about love and hate?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They seem disappointed.
(d) They are annoyed.
3. Where is Michaelis' work well-known and liked?
4. How does Connie feel about her new estate with Clifford?
(a) She feels suppressed and lost.
(b) She finds it dismal.
(c) She thinks it is light and airy.
(d) She feels it is soo small.
5. What is the name of the village near Clifford's estate?
6. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
(a) Says something rude to Clifford.
(b) Asks her to marry him.
(c) Makes a snide remark during intimacy.
(d) Threatens to tell her husband.
7. What does Connie ask Mellors to do when she sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Let her help in the planting.
(b) Make a spare key for the hut.
(c) Sketch her.
(d) Meet her there often.
8. Who is Mellors with when Connie meets him the second time?
(a) His wife.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
9. Where does Constance grow up?
10. What does Connie feel has dulled her body after four years of marriage?
11. What has Mellors just killed when Connie meets him the second time?
(a) A wild cat.
(b) A bear.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A doe.
12. Where does Connie go when she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) The woods.
(b) The seashore.
(c) The village.
(d) The theater.
13. What surprising plan does Clifford present to Connie while they are on a walk together?
(a) Having a baby with another man.
(b) Buying a peasant child.
(c) Trying to produce an heir.
(d) Adopting a child.
14. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
(a) Mellors' wife.
(b) Mellors' grandmother.
15. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
(a) In the village.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the dining room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors threaten to do a few days after he meets Connie by chance?
2. What does Clifford's aunt think should be put into the air to make life better?
3. What does Clifford enjoy doing with his new nurse?
4. What kind of injury does Clifford have at the beginning of the book?
5. What kind of interaction is most important to Constance before she gets married?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)