|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(b) Vey negative.
2. What does Clifford do when Mrs. Bolton gossips to him?
(a) Listens intently.
(b) Gets ideas for stories.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Changes the subject.
3. How does Clifford accompany Connie on her walks?
(a) In his bath chair.
(b) He has rigged a small horse and buggy.
(c) His nurse pushes a wheelchair.
(d) He has a motorized wheelchair.
4. Where is Connie's first lover from?
5. How long has Constance known her husband when she marries him?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 month.
6. Where does this book take place?
7. What is Mellors' occupation?
(d) Game keeper.
8. What kind of interaction is most important to Constance before she gets married?
9. What is startling about Mellors when Connie delivers a letter to him?
(a) He is stripped to the waist.
(b) He looks angry.
(c) He is singing alone.
(d) He is covered in blood.
10. What does Connie have a foreboding feeling about at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Their fortune will be lost.
(b) Clifford knows about her affair.
(c) Someone will tell Clifford about her affair.
(d) Her affair with Michaelis is about to end.
11. What does Mrs. Bolton gossip to Clifford about during Connie's depression?
(a) The servants.
(b) The American society.
(c) The mines.
(d) The affair between Connie and Michaelis.
12. What does Dukes say a woman cannot do for him?
(a) Be admirable and desirable.
(b) Be intimate and intellectual.
(c) Be stimulating and humble.
(d) Be intelligent and attractive.
13. What is Clifford's sister's name?
14. How does Duke view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(c) Vey negative.
15. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mellors when Connie sees him when she starts to feel better during her depression?
2. Why does Clifford not give Connie what she wants from him when Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
3. Where does Mellors go when he is in the Army?
4. How does Connie view what she and Clifford do together at night?
5. Why is Clifford disappointed in Michaelis when he gets to Wragby Hall?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)