|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is startling about Mellors when Connie delivers a letter to him?
(a) He is singing alone.
(b) He is stripped to the waist.
(c) He looks angry.
(d) He is covered in blood.
2. What does Mellors do in 1915?
(a) Leave his wife.
(b) Leave his mother's house.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Take a job at Wragby Hall.
3. What office does Mellors hold when he leaves the Army?
4. What does Connie do when she returns home after her walk during her depression?
(a) Takes a long nap.
(b) Tells Clifford about her desire to garden.
(c) Asks Clifford about Mellors.
(d) Dresses in Clifford's favorite dress.
5. Where does Connie like to go on walks?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the village.
(c) In the garden.
(d) On the ocean shore.
6. Where does Mellors go when he is in the Army?
7. What is Dukes' first name?
8. What do Connie and Clifford do together at night?
(a) Read books.
(b) Play whist.
(c) Discuss Clifford's manuscripts.
(d) Eat dinner.
9. What is Mellors doing when Connie sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Setting up cages for pheasants.
(b) Painting his hut.
(c) Sketching the water.
(d) Planting flowers.
10. How long has Connie had a strong aversion for the person she dislikes after her fight with Mellors?
(a) Since he admitted he could never love her.
(b) Since he spoke rudely to her.
(c) Since she met him.
(d) Since he lied to her.
11. How many siblings does Constance have?
(a) 1 sister.
(b) 2 brothers.
(c) 1 sister and 1 brother.
(d) 3 sisters and 1 brother.
12. What is Michaelis writing a play about in Chapter 6?
(a) The war.
(d) A mining town.
13. What does Connie admire most about Michaelis?
(a) His bluntness.
(b) His success.
(c) His refined tastes.
(d) His coarse nature.
14. What is Clifford's sister's name?
15. What about Clifford scares Connie?
(a) His coarseness.
(b) His power.
(c) His apathy.
(d) His weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Connie view what she and Clifford do together at night?
2. Where is Connie's first lover from?
3. How does Clifford accompany Connie on her walks?
4. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall least concerned about?
5. What does Clifford's aunt think should be put into the air to make life better?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)