|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clifford demand of Connie after Michaelis has been staying with them for a while?
(a) Her attention.
(b) Her loyalty.
(c) Her support.
(d) Her time.
2. Where does Connie like to go on walks?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the village.
(d) On the ocean shore.
3. Where does this book take place?
4. Where would Michaelis like his work to be well-known and liked?
5. What year does the beginning of this book take place in?
6. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall least concerned about?
(a) Spiritual concerns.
(b) Intellectual matters.
(c) Practical matters.
(d) Political ideals.
7. What does Constance expect the villagers to do when she moves into her new estate with Clifford?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Beg for money.
(c) Taunt her.
(d) Welcome her.
8. What brings Clifford a lot of extra money after Michaelis has been staying with him for a while?
(a) His military funds.
(b) His farms.
(c) His writing.
(d) The mine.
9. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
(c) Vey negative.
10. What debate do Clifford's guests have that embarrasses him one night at dinner?
(b) The class system.
(c) Sexual partners.
(d) Treatment of war veterans.
11. What does Dukes say a woman cannot do for him?
(a) Be intelligent and attractive.
(b) Be admirable and desirable.
(c) Be intimate and intellectual.
(d) Be stimulating and humble.
12. What office does Mellors hold when he leaves the Army?
13. What are the Tevershall miners thinking of doing after the new chemical works factory is started?
(a) Demanding better pay.
(b) Selling industry secrets.
(c) Working for the new factory.
14. What does Connie admire most about Michaelis?
(a) His coarse nature.
(b) His success.
(c) His bluntness.
(d) His refined tastes.
15. What is Clifford's sister's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall most concerned about?
2. What does Connie feel has been stolen from her in her marriage with Clifford?
3. What does Clifford do in his spare time when he moves to his new estate?
4. How many siblings does Constance have?
5. Where is Mellors when Connie sees him when she starts to feel better during her depression?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)