|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Connie deliver a message to Mellors from?
(a) Mellors' grandmother.
(b) Mellors' wife.
2. Who does Connie think about during her depression that makes her feel better?
3. Where is Connie when she first meets Mellors?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the village.
(d) In the woods.
4. What is Michaelis' profession?
5. What is Mellors doing when Connie sees him after she starts to feel better during her depression?
(a) Sketching the water.
(b) Painting his hut.
(c) Planting flowers.
(d) Setting up cages for pheasants.
6. Who does Connie hold responsible for her lack of ambition in life after seeing Mellors in the woods?
(c) Her father.
7. How do Clifford and Constance deal with their dislike of the villagers?
(a) They give them money.
(b) They avoid the village.
(c) They pretend to be like them.
(d) They ignore them.
8. What becomes Clifford's new obsession during Connie's depression?
(a) Saving the mines.
(b) Writing a novel.
(c) Making Connie happy.
(d) Learning to walk again.
9. What does Michaelis do that ends his affair with Connie?
(a) Says something rude to Clifford.
(b) Makes a snide remark during intimacy.
(c) Threatens to tell her husband.
(d) Asks her to marry him.
10. Where does this book take place?
11. Who has Clifford become dependent on during Connie's depression?
(a) Mrs. Bolton.
(b) Aunt Eva.
12. How does Connie describe her intimacy with Clifford?
13. Why is Constance's husband at home when he marries Constance?
(a) He was on leave.
(b) He was visiting his parents.
(c) He was preparing for his business trip.
(d) He had been injured.
14. What is the name of Clifford's fine house?
(a) Wrigbly Hall.
(b) Rugby Place.
(c) Rigby Manor.
(d) Wragby Hall.
15. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall most concerned about?
(a) Spiritual concerns.
(b) Practical matters.
(c) Political ideals.
(d) Intellectual matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Constance like to do with young men before she gets married?
2. What does Mellors give to Connie a few days after they meet each other by chance?
3. What kind of friends does Clifford like to invite to dine with him and Constance at his new estate?
4. What is the name of Clifford's aunt?
5. How does Clifford's sister feel about his marriage to Constance?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)