|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clifford invite Michaelis to stay with him and Connie at Wragby Hall?
(a) He wants Michaelis to help him become popular in America.
(b) He wants him to paint a portrait of Connie.
(c) He wants to give Connie a diversion from her restlessness.
(d) He wants to help Michaelis become popular in England.
2. What do Constance and Clifford discuss during the day?
(a) The war.
(b) Clifford's stories.
(d) Their money.
3. During Chapter 4, what are the guests to Wragby Hall least concerned about?
(a) Intellectual matters.
(b) Political ideals.
(c) Practical matters.
(d) Spiritual concerns.
4. What kind of friends does Clifford like to invite to dine with him and Constance at his new estate?
5. How long has it been since Constance has seen her husband at the beginning of the book?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clifford view the physical aspects of a relationship?
2. How does Connie feel about Michaelis when she meets him?
3. What does Connie have a foreboding feeling about at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What does Connie realize Clifford's war wound has injured aside from his body?
5. What does Constance's father suggest she do to help her become lest restless?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)