|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the area where Robert's flat is located?
(a) Apple Tree Court.
(b) Lemon Way.
(c) Fig Tree Court.
(d) Lime Walk.
2. Where does George go when Robert falls asleep in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) To Audley Village.
(b) To London.
(c) To Isle of Wight.
(d) To Audley Court.
3. Why is dinner canceled in Chapter 7 of Volume 1 as Robert and George are preparing to leave for Audley Court?
(a) Lord Audley is ill.
(b) The cook has taken ill.
(c) Lady Audley has taken ill again.
(d) Lady Audley has been called to the sickbed of a friend.
4. From what illness does Captain Maldon appear to suffer?
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Drug addiction.
5. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
2. Who is the first neighbor to win young Lucy's affections?
3. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
4. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
5. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the age difference between Lucy Graham and Lord Audley's daughter, Alicia?
2. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
3. Where does Captain Maldon claim George has gone? What proof does he have?
4. What causes Robert to guess that George never left Essex?
5. What do George and Robert read in the newspaper that causes them to rush to the Isle of Wight?
6. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
7. Who does Robert see at the London train station that causes him surprise?
8. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
9. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
10. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)