|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Robert go after Lady Audley leaves him?
(b) Audley Court.
(d) Isle of Wight.
2. How does Captain Maldon react to the news that someone he knows has been killed?
(a) With shock.
(b) With excitment.
(c) With indifference.
(d) Without surprise.
3. Who is Lucy Graham?
(a) A governess working for the Dawsons.
(b) A maid working for the Audleys.
(c) A sea captain's daughter from Isle of Wight.
(d) A piano teacher in Wildernsea.
4. What item did this visitor give to Georgie on her visit, as discussed in Chapter 2 of Volume 2?
(a) A gun.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) A music box.
(d) A watch.
5. Why is Phoebe jealous of Lady Audley?
(a) Phoebe is jealous because Lady Audley was a servant like herself only three months ago.
(b) Phoebe wants Lady Audley to help her marry a rich man, but Lady Audley refuses.
(c) Phoebe dislikes Lady Audley because she had hoped to one day marry Lord Audley.
(d) Phoebe knows Lady Audley is not who she says she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Robert and George not return to London as planned in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
2. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
3. How do Robert and George get into Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
4. What business do Phoebe and her new husband purchase?
5. Where do Robert and George stay while in Audley village in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What old friend does Robert run into and what is this friend looking for?
2. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
3. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
4. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
5. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
6. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
7. What does Robert plan to inspect in his flat in London?
8. What is the cause of tension between Lucy Graham Audley and Alicia Audley?
9. Where does Robert choose to stay after being removed from Audley Court?
10. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)