|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first place Robert searches for George?
(b) Ilse of Wight.
2. What does Robert suggest he plans to search in hopes of finding any information about George?
(a) A diary left with George's family.
(b) George's bank accounts.
(c) Letters and papers in George's luggage.
(d) George's house in Wildernsea.
3. Whose obituary do Robert and his friend read in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Mary Braddon's.
(b) Michael Audley's.
(c) Helen Talboys'.
(d) Captain Maldon's.
4. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) She claims a contagious disease.
(b) She claims blindness.
(c) She claims fatigue.
(d) She claims an appointment.
5. Why does Robert begin to doubt that George has left England?
(a) He has not taken his luggage.
(b) He is not listed as a passenger on the train records.
(c) He is not listed on rental records for local carriages.
(d) He is not listed as a passenger on any ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
2. To what village do Robert and his friend travel?
3. What item does George see in Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 that makes him quiet and pensive?
4. Where is George Talboys returning to England from?
5. Where does Lady Audley go after leaving Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
2. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
3. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
4. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
5. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
6. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
7. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
8. What injury does Lady Audley have? Why does Robert not believe her explanation for the injury?
9. Where does Robert choose to stay after being removed from Audley Court?
10. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)