|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose obituary do Robert and his friend read in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Mary Braddon's.
(b) Michael Audley's.
(c) Helen Talboys'.
(d) Captain Maldon's.
2. Who is the first neighbor to win young Lucy's affections?
(a) Sir Dawson.
(b) Lord Audley.
(c) Robert Audley.
(d) Luke Marks.
3. What draws men to Lady Audley?
(a) Her vivacious personality.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) All the above.
(d) Her charm.
4. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
(a) New Years.
(b) Boxer Day.
5. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
(d) Lady Audley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is George Talboys returning to England from?
2. What conversation does Robert overhear that gives credence to the idea that someone broke into his flat?
3. Why does Robert request an invitation to visit Audley Court in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
4. Why does Phoebe let her fiance into Lady Audley's rooms?
5. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
2. What does Robert plan to inspect in his flat in London?
3. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
4. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
5. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
6. Why does Lady Audley visit Robert at Mount Stanning?
7. What old friend does Robert run into and what is this friend looking for?
8. What does Mrs. Plowson, Georgie's babysitter, attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert?
9. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
10. What causes Robert to guess that George never left Essex?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)