|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
(a) She claims to have reason to believe Robert is leading Alicia on.
(b) She claims to have seen Robert steal.
(c) She claims Robert is insane.
(d) She claims to be uncomfortable with Robert's attentions.
2. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
3. What causes George to become angry with Robert during the storm in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) George becomes angry with Robert's teasing.
(b) George becomes angry because he is frightened of the storm.
(c) George becomes angry that Robert speaks against Lady Audley.
(d) George becomes angry that Robert does not want to return to London.
4. What conversation does Robert overhear that gives credence to the idea that someone broke into his flat?
(a) One about a corrupt housekeeper.
(b) One about a corrupt cop.
(c) One about a graceful woman.
(d) One about a dirty, uncouth man.
5. What item does Robert see that seems to support the idea that George has left England?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A letter.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) An inscription in a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression does Robert get while talking to Luke and Phoebe Marks?
2. Where does Robert go after Lady Audley leaves him?
3. How does Robert know he will find letters from Helen to George in George's luggage?
4. Who does Phoebe marry in Chapter 15 of Volume 1?
5. Why is Phoebe jealous of Lady Audley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
2. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
3. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
4. What causes Robert to guess that George never left Essex?
5. What injury does Lady Audley have? Why does Robert not believe her explanation for the injury?
6. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
7. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
8. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
9. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
10. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)