|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Robert see that seems to support the idea that George has left England?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) An inscription in a book.
2. How does Captain Maldon react to the news that someone he knows has been killed?
(a) Without surprise.
(b) With indifference.
(c) With shock.
(d) With excitment.
3. Why does Robert begin to doubt that George has left England?
(a) He is not listed as a passenger on the train records.
(b) He has not taken his luggage.
(c) He is not listed as a passenger on any ships.
(d) He is not listed on rental records for local carriages.
4. Where do Robert and George stay while in Audley village in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) Moon Inn.
(b) Sun Inn.
(c) Mount Stanton Inn.
(d) Day's Inn.
5. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
(a) A diamond brooch.
(b) A love letter from Robert Audley.
(c) A picture of Helen Talboys.
(d) A baby slipper and a snippet of hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
2. Why did George's father disown him?
3. In what newspapers does Robert tell Lady Audley he placed ads regarding George?
4. How much time does Robert tell Lady Audley he will wait in hopes of receiving an answer to his newspaper ads?
5. Why does Robert spend a great deal of time around Lady Audley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley visit Robert at Mount Stanning?
2. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
3. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
4. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
5. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
6. What injury does Lady Audley have? Why does Robert not believe her explanation for the injury?
7. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
8. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
9. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
10. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)