|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship George returns to England on?
(d) Queen Mary.
2. What business do Phoebe and her new husband purchase?
(a) Sun Inn.
(b) Day's Inn.
(c) Mount Stanning Inn.
(d) Mercury Inn.
3. Who is Lucy Graham?
(a) A maid working for the Audleys.
(b) A piano teacher in Wildernsea.
(c) A sea captain's daughter from Isle of Wight.
(d) A governess working for the Dawsons.
4. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
(a) A monastery.
(b) In his own home.
(c) The home of George Talboys' father.
(d) Boarding school.
5. Why did George's father disown him?
(a) For marrying below his class.
(b) For embarassing the familiy with a drinking problem.
(c) For compromising an innocent girl.
(d) For having a child out of wedlock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert's own journey take him at the end of Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
2. What inquiries lead Robert to believe George returned to London alone?
3. Why does Alicia Audley dislike her stepmother?
4. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
5. What impression does Robert get while talking to Luke and Phoebe Marks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
2. What does Mrs. Plowson, Georgie's babysitter, attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert?
3. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
4. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
5. Where does Captain Maldon claim George has gone? What proof does he have?
6. What injury does Lady Audley have? Why does Robert not believe her explanation for the injury?
7. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
8. What causes Robert to guess that George never left Essex?
9. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
10. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)