|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Robert and George not return to London as planned in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
(a) Robert needs to attend to business with his uncle.
(b) George wants to see Audley Court.
(c) Robert has a headache.
(d) George's carriage has a broken wheel.
2. What is George's emotional state and its cause?
(a) George is anxious to face his family.
(b) George is happy to be back in England.
(c) George is grief stricken over the death of his wife.
(d) George is bored and ready to leave Robert's company.
3. Who does George hope to visit with when he leaves Robert sleeping by the river in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) Lord Audley.
(b) Alicia Audley.
(c) Luke Marks.
(d) Lady Audley.
4. Why is dinner canceled in Chapter 7 of Volume 1 as Robert and George are preparing to leave for Audley Court?
(a) Lady Audley has taken ill again.
(b) Lord Audley is ill.
(c) The cook has taken ill.
(d) Lady Audley has been called to the sickbed of a friend.
5. Why does Alicia believe Robert is spending a great deal of time with Lady Audley?
(a) He wants to prove she is hurting Lord Audley.
(b) He suspects her in George's disappearance.
(c) He suspects she is having an affair.
(d) He is in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert go for dinner after George disappears?
2. Where did Phoebe and her new husband get the money to purchase their new business?
3. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
4. Where does Robert finally meet Lady Audley?
5. Why does Alicia Audley dislike her stepmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
2. What do George and Robert read in the newspaper that causes them to rush to the Isle of Wight?
3. Who does Robert see at the London train station that causes him surprise?
4. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
5. Where does Captain Maldon claim George has gone? What proof does he have?
6. What does Robert plan to inspect in his flat in London?
7. When Robert shows George around Audley Court, what item causes George to become oddly quiet and thoughtful?
8. What is the age difference between Lucy Graham and Lord Audley's daughter, Alicia?
9. What old friend does Robert run into and what is this friend looking for?
10. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)