|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes George to become angry with Robert during the storm in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) George becomes angry that Robert does not want to return to London.
(b) George becomes angry that Robert speaks against Lady Audley.
(c) George becomes angry because he is frightened of the storm.
(d) George becomes angry with Robert's teasing.
2. Why does Lord Audley believe Alicia turned down a proposal made to her?
(a) A crush on the neighbor's son.
(b) A crush on her cousin.
(c) A crush on a schoolmate.
(d) A crush on the groom.
3. Who is the first neighbor to win young Lucy's affections?
(a) Lord Audley.
(b) Luke Marks.
(c) Sir Dawson.
(d) Robert Audley.
4. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
(a) She claims to be uncomfortable with Robert's attentions.
(b) She claims to have reason to believe Robert is leading Alicia on.
(c) She claims Robert is insane.
(d) She claims to have seen Robert steal.
5. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
(a) The letters are typed.
(b) The letters are missing.
(c) The letters are written in a strange shorthand.
(d) The letters are there, but prove nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucy Graham?
2. With whom has Phoebe shared a secret of Lady Audley's?
3. Where does Robert go for dinner after George disappears?
4. Why does Robert request an invitation to visit Audley Court in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
5. In what newspapers does Robert tell Lady Audley he placed ads regarding George?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cause of tension between Lucy Graham Audley and Alicia Audley?
2. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
3. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
4. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
5. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
6. What does Mrs. Plowson, Georgie's babysitter, attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert?
7. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
8. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
9. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
10. Why does Lady Audley visit Robert at Mount Stanning?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)