|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Helen Talboys?
(a) George's daughter.
(b) George's sister.
(c) George's wife.
(d) George's cousin.
2. Who does Robert think might have had reason to enter his apartment?
(a) Helen Talboys.
(b) Captain Maldon.
(c) George Talboys.
(d) Lady Audley.
3. Why is Phoebe jealous of Lady Audley?
(a) Phoebe knows Lady Audley is not who she says she is.
(b) Phoebe is jealous because Lady Audley was a servant like herself only three months ago.
(c) Phoebe wants Lady Audley to help her marry a rich man, but Lady Audley refuses.
(d) Phoebe dislikes Lady Audley because she had hoped to one day marry Lord Audley.
4. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
(a) In his own home.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) A monastery.
(d) The home of George Talboys' father.
5. In what newspapers does Robert tell Lady Audley he placed ads regarding George?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert finally meet Lady Audley?
2. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
3. Why does Robert begin to doubt that George has left England?
4. Where does Robert decide to begin his search for George?
5. Where is George Talboys returning to England from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
2. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
3. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
4. What is the cause of tension between Lucy Graham Audley and Alicia Audley?
5. What does Mrs. Plowson, Georgie's babysitter, attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert?
6. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
7. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
8. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
9. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
10. Who does Robert see at the London train station that causes him surprise?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)