|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Helen Talboys?
(a) George's cousin.
(b) George's wife.
(c) George's daughter.
(d) George's sister.
2. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes by the river?
(b) Audley Court.
(c) The market place.
(d) The inn.
3. Who does Robert run into by coincidence in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Alicia Audley.
(b) Michael Audley.
(c) Helen Talboys.
(d) George Talboys.
4. Why does Robert choose the inn where he stays after leaving Audley Court?
(a) He hopes Luke Mark might have information on Lady Audley.
(b) It is the only inn in Audley village.
(c) It is the only inn with room during the holiday season.
(d) He hopes the owners will comp his stay.
5. Why does Lady Audley go out in a snowstorm to visit Robert?
(a) To get information about his investigation into George's disappearance.
(b) To bring a message from Alicia.
(c) To apologize for Lord Audley's rude behavior.
(d) To care for an illness that overcame Robert in the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Robert suspect George ran into some serious misfortune?
2. Why was George Talboys away from England?
3. Where is the first place Robert searches for George?
4. What conversation does Robert overhear that gives credence to the idea that someone broke into his flat?
5. What is George's emotional state and its cause?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
2. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
3. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
4. What does Robert suggest is the cause of Lady Audley's lies and deceit?
5. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
6. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
7. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
8. Who does Robert see at the London train station that causes him surprise?
9. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
10. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)