|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alicia believe Robert is spending a great deal of time with Lady Audley?
(a) He suspects she is having an affair.
(b) He wants to prove she is hurting Lord Audley.
(c) He suspects her in George's disappearance.
(d) He is in love with her.
2. What impression does Robert get while talking to Luke and Phoebe Marks?
(a) They are blackmailing Lady Audley.
(b) They are good friends of Lady Audley.
(c) They know nothing about Lady Audley.
(d) They know some secret about Lady Audley.
3. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) She claims a contagious disease.
(b) She claims an appointment.
(c) She claims fatigue.
(d) She claims blindness.
4. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes by the river?
(a) The inn.
(b) The market place.
(c) Audley Court.
5. What visitor does Georgie's sitter attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert about?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) An innkeeper.
(c) A pretty lady.
(d) A poor nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert request an invitation to visit Audley Court in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
2. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
3. Why was George Talboys away from England?
4. What item did this visitor give to Georgie on her visit, as discussed in Chapter 2 of Volume 2?
5. Where is Robert told George has gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
2. What is the cause of tension between Lucy Graham Audley and Alicia Audley?
3. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
4. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
5. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
6. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
7. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
8. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
9. Where does Captain Maldon claim George has gone? What proof does he have?
10. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)