|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert run into by coincidence in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Michael Audley.
(b) George Talboys.
(c) Alicia Audley.
(d) Helen Talboys.
2. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
(a) George's luggage.
(b) George's personal papers.
(c) His personal safe.
(d) His personal papers.
3. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) She claims blindness.
(b) She claims a contagious disease.
(c) She claims an appointment.
(d) She claims fatigue.
4. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
5. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
(a) She claims to have seen Robert steal.
(b) She claims Robert is insane.
(c) She claims to be uncomfortable with Robert's attentions.
(d) She claims to have reason to believe Robert is leading Alicia on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What child is Robert made guardian of in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
2. What draws men to Lady Audley?
3. What item does George see in Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 that makes him quiet and pensive?
4. What does Robert tell Captain Maldon to do with the information Robert has given him?
5. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
2. What does Robert plan to inspect in his flat in London?
3. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
4. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
5. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
6. What do George and Robert read in the newspaper that causes them to rush to the Isle of Wight?
7. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
8. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
9. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
10. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)