|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lucy Graham?
(a) A governess working for the Dawsons.
(b) A piano teacher in Wildernsea.
(c) A maid working for the Audleys.
(d) A sea captain's daughter from Isle of Wight.
2. Who does Robert run into by coincidence in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Helen Talboys.
(b) Michael Audley.
(c) George Talboys.
(d) Alicia Audley.
3. What conversation does Robert overhear that gives credence to the idea that someone broke into his flat?
(a) One about a dirty, uncouth man.
(b) One about a corrupt cop.
(c) One about a corrupt housekeeper.
(d) One about a graceful woman.
4. Who is Captain Maldon?
(a) George's brother.
(b) Robert's cousin.
(c) Robert's father.
(d) George's father-in-law.
5. Which house guest proposes marriage to Alicia Audley?
(a) Sir Richard Dawson.
(b) George Talboys.
(c) Robert Audley.
(d) Sir Harry Towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoebe let her fiance into Lady Audley's rooms?
2. Where is Robert told George has gone?
3. What is George's emotional state and its cause?
4. How much time does Robert tell Lady Audley he will wait in hopes of receiving an answer to his newspaper ads?
5. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes by the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Captain Maldon claim George has gone? What proof does he have?
2. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
3. Where does Robert choose to stay after being removed from Audley Court?
4. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
5. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
6. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
7. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
8. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
9. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
10. What injury does Lady Audley have? Why does Robert not believe her explanation for the injury?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)