|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert begin to doubt that George has left England?
(a) He is not listed on rental records for local carriages.
(b) He is not listed as a passenger on the train records.
(c) He is not listed as a passenger on any ships.
(d) He has not taken his luggage.
2. What does Robert suggest he plans to search in hopes of finding any information about George?
(a) Letters and papers in George's luggage.
(b) George's bank accounts.
(c) George's house in Wildernsea.
(d) A diary left with George's family.
3. Where did Phoebe and her new husband get the money to purchase their new business?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) A wedding gift.
(c) Lady Audley.
(d) Hard work.
4. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
(a) A cut on her arm.
(b) A gash on her cheek.
(c) A bruise on her wrist.
(d) A bruise on her cheek.
5. Where does Robert go after Lady Audley leaves him?
(a) Isle of Wight.
(d) Audley Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
2. Where is Robert told George has gone?
3. Why does Lord Audley believe Alicia turned down a proposal made to her?
4. What else does Robert find in George's trunk that appears to help his investigation?
5. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
2. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
3. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
4. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
5. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
6. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
7. Who does Robert see at the London train station that causes him surprise?
8. What causes Robert to guess that George never left Essex?
9. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
10. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)