|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
(a) Boarding school.
(b) In his own home.
(c) A monastery.
(d) The home of George Talboys' father.
2. What does the injury Lady Audley has look like to Robert?
(a) The result of a punch.
(b) A hand's grip.
(c) A stab wound.
(d) A intentional cut.
3. What makes Robert suspect George ran into some serious misfortune?
(a) It is not like George to disappear without leaving word.
(b) George would not leave the country without his medication.
(c) George would not leave the country without his wife and child.
(d) George would not leave the country without his luggage.
4. Why does Phoebe let her fiance into Lady Audley's rooms?
(a) To admire her new portrait.
(b) To admire her belongings.
(c) To steal her money.
(d) To steal her clothing.
5. What does Robert tell Captain Maldon to do with the information Robert has given him?
(a) To go to the newspapers.
(b) To leave the country and never retunr.
(c) To warn whoever needs to be warned.
(d) To inform the deceased's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who is known to have been at Fig Tree Court in Robert's absence?
2. How is Robert Audley related to Lord Audley who was introduced in Chapter 1 of Volume 1?
3. Who is Helen Talboys?
4. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
5. Who does Robert interrogate about the disturbance in his flat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
2. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
3. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
4. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
5. What is the age difference between Lucy Graham and Lord Audley's daughter, Alicia?
6. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
7. What does Robert suggest is the cause of Lady Audley's lies and deceit?
8. What happens to Mount Stanning as Lady Audley rides away?
9. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
10. Where does Robert choose to stay after being removed from Audley Court?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)