|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
(a) Because Lucy is young, beautiful, and she has stolen Lord Audley's affections.
(b) Because Alicia does not want a new stepmother.
(c) Because Alicia is jealous of her father's happiness.
(d) Because Lucy is using Lord Audley for his money.
2. Where does Robert go after being asked to leave Audley Court?
(a) Day's Inn.
(b) Mount Stanning Inn.
(c) Sun Inn.
(d) Moon Inn.
3. Why is the invitation to Audley Court revoked in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) A fire has destroyed the guest wing.
(b) Lady Audley is ill.
(c) The house is under construction.
(d) Lord Audley is ill.
4. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
(a) Lady Audley.
5. Who does Robert interrogate about the disturbance in his flat?
(a) The security company.
(b) The mortgage company.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) The landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Phoebe and her new husband get the money to purchase their new business?
2. With whom has Phoebe shared a secret of Lady Audley's?
3. Who is Captain Maldon?
4. How does Captain Maldon react to the news that someone he knows has been killed?
5. What item does Robert see that seems to support the idea that George has left England?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
2. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
3. What does Mrs. Plowson, Georgie's babysitter, attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert?
4. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
5. What do George and Robert read in the newspaper that causes them to rush to the Isle of Wight?
6. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
7. Where does Robert choose to stay after being removed from Audley Court?
8. What causes Robert to guess that George never left Essex?
9. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
10. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)