|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert interrogate about the disturbance in his flat?
(a) The mortgage company.
(b) The landlord.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) The security company.
2. Who is Phoebe?
(a) Lady Audley's friend.
(b) Lady Audley's maid.
(c) Lady Audley's sister.
(d) Lady Audley's cousin.
3. What impression does Robert get while talking to Luke and Phoebe Marks?
(a) They know nothing about Lady Audley.
(b) They know some secret about Lady Audley.
(c) They are good friends of Lady Audley.
(d) They are blackmailing Lady Audley.
4. Where is Robert's friend determined to go until he misses the boat in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
5. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
2. Why does Alicia Audley dislike her stepmother?
3. Why does Lady Audley go out in a snowstorm to visit Robert?
4. Why is Phoebe jealous of Lady Audley?
5. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
2. Why does Robert visit a Mrs. Vincent?
3. Who does Robert marry and settle down with?
4. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
5. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
6. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
7. Why does George's sister follow Robert outside after he delivers the news that George has been murdered?
8. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
9. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
10. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)