|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phoebe let her fiance into Lady Audley's rooms?
(a) To admire her new portrait.
(b) To admire her belongings.
(c) To steal her clothing.
(d) To steal her money.
2. How do Robert and George get into Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
(a) A secret passageway.
(b) A window.
(c) A balcony door.
(d) A service panel.
3. What is the name of the area where Robert's flat is located?
(a) Lime Walk.
(b) Apple Tree Court.
(c) Fig Tree Court.
(d) Lemon Way.
4. What causes George to become angry with Robert during the storm in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) George becomes angry that Robert speaks against Lady Audley.
(b) George becomes angry because he is frightened of the storm.
(c) George becomes angry that Robert does not want to return to London.
(d) George becomes angry with Robert's teasing.
5. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) She claims blindness.
(b) She claims fatigue.
(c) She claims an appointment.
(d) She claims a contagious disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Phoebe shared a secret of Lady Audley's?
2. What impression does Robert get while talking to Luke and Phoebe Marks?
3. Who is Captain Maldon?
4. Why can Alicia not show Robert and George Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 when they come to visit?
5. Which house guest proposes marriage to Alicia Audley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
2. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
3. Where does Captain Maldon claim George has gone? What proof does he have?
4. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
5. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
6. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
7. What letter does Phoebe give to Lady Audley on her visit?
8. What causes Robert to guess that George never left Essex?
9. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
10. What is the cause of tension between Lucy Graham Audley and Alicia Audley?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)