|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Phoebe?
(a) Lady Audley's friend.
(b) Lady Audley's maid.
(c) Lady Audley's sister.
(d) Lady Audley's cousin.
2. Why does Alicia believe Robert is spending a great deal of time with Lady Audley?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He wants to prove she is hurting Lord Audley.
(c) He suspects her in George's disappearance.
(d) He suspects she is having an affair.
3. What is George's emotional state and its cause?
(a) George is bored and ready to leave Robert's company.
(b) George is grief stricken over the death of his wife.
(c) George is anxious to face his family.
(d) George is happy to be back in England.
4. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) She claims fatigue.
(b) She claims blindness.
(c) She claims an appointment.
(d) She claims a contagious disease.
5. Which house guest proposes marriage to Alicia Audley?
(a) Sir Richard Dawson.
(b) Robert Audley.
(c) Sir Harry Towers.
(d) George Talboys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robert know he will find letters from Helen to George in George's luggage?
2. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
3. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
4. With whom does Lady Audley appear to have a close friendship?
5. Who is the first neighbor to win young Lucy's affections?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley visit Robert at Mount Stanning?
2. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
3. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
4. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
5. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
6. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
7. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
8. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
9. What old friend does Robert run into and what is this friend looking for?
10. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)