|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Robert go for dinner after George disappears?
(a) Mount Stanton Inn.
(b) Audley village.
(c) Sun Inn.
(d) Audley Court.
2. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes by the river?
(a) The inn.
(b) The market place.
(c) Audley Court.
3. Why does Alicia Audley dislike her stepmother?
(a) Lady Audley is abusive to Alicia's father.
(b) Lady Audley attracts all the men.
(c) Lady Audley is cruel to her.
(d) Lady Audley is not faithful to Alicia's father.
4. How much time does Robert tell Lady Audley he will wait in hopes of receiving an answer to his newspaper ads?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
5. Where does Robert finally meet Lady Audley?
(a) At Audley Court.
(b) Driving in his uncle's carriage.
(c) Driving in his uncle's new automobile.
(d) At the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
2. What is George's emotional state and its cause?
3. Why does Robert spend a great deal of time around Lady Audley?
4. Why does Phoebe let her fiance into Lady Audley's rooms?
5. What recreation do George and Robert decide to participate in in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Robert shows George around Audley Court, what item causes George to become oddly quiet and thoughtful?
2. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
3. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
4. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
5. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
6. What is the cause of tension between Lucy Graham Audley and Alicia Audley?
7. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
8. What do George and Robert read in the newspaper that causes them to rush to the Isle of Wight?
9. Where does Robert choose to stay after being removed from Audley Court?
10. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)