|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What visitor does Georgie's sitter attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert about?
(a) An innkeeper.
(b) A pretty lady.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A poor nanny.
2. Why do Robert and George not return to London as planned in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
(a) Robert needs to attend to business with his uncle.
(b) George's carriage has a broken wheel.
(c) Robert has a headache.
(d) George wants to see Audley Court.
3. In what newspapers does Robert tell Lady Audley he placed ads regarding George?
4. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
5. Where is Robert told George has gone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did this visitor give to Georgie on her visit, as discussed in Chapter 2 of Volume 2?
2. What makes Robert suspect George ran into some serious misfortune?
3. Why does Robert come to the conclusion that he has to take Georgie from the custody of his grandfather?
4. With whom has Phoebe shared a secret of Lady Audley's?
5. Why does Robert spend a great deal of time around Lady Audley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
2. Why does Lady Audley visit Robert at Mount Stanning?
3. What does Mrs. Plowson, Georgie's babysitter, attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert?
4. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
5. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
6. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
7. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
8. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
9. What is the age difference between Lucy Graham and Lord Audley's daughter, Alicia?
10. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)