|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes George to become angry with Robert during the storm in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) George becomes angry with Robert's teasing.
(b) George becomes angry because he is frightened of the storm.
(c) George becomes angry that Robert does not want to return to London.
(d) George becomes angry that Robert speaks against Lady Audley.
2. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
(c) New Years.
(d) Boxer Day.
3. With whom is Robert's friend hoping to reconnect?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
4. What item did this visitor give to Georgie on her visit, as discussed in Chapter 2 of Volume 2?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) A watch.
(c) A music box.
(d) A gun.
5. What child is Robert made guardian of in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
(a) Luke Marks.
(b) The housekeeper's daughter.
(c) The cook's son.
(d) Georgie Talboys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place Robert searches for George?
2. Where does Robert go after Lady Audley leaves him?
3. Who is the only person who is known to have been at Fig Tree Court in Robert's absence?
4. What impression does Robert get while talking to Luke and Phoebe Marks?
5. Why does Phoebe let her fiance into Lady Audley's rooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
2. Why does Lady Audley visit Robert at Mount Stanning?
3. When Robert shows George around Audley Court, what item causes George to become oddly quiet and thoughtful?
4. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
5. What is the cause of tension between Lucy Graham Audley and Alicia Audley?
6. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
7. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
8. What injury does Lady Audley have? Why does Robert not believe her explanation for the injury?
9. Who does Robert see at the London train station that causes him surprise?
10. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)