|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Lady Audley appear to have a close friendship?
(a) Her maid, Phoebe.
(b) Her neighbor, Mrs. Dawson.
(c) Her stepdaughter, Alicia.
(d) Her stepnephew, Robert.
2. Who does Robert think might have had reason to enter his apartment?
(a) Helen Talboys.
(b) George Talboys.
(c) Lady Audley.
(d) Captain Maldon.
3. Who does Robert interrogate about the disturbance in his flat?
(a) The mortgage company.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) The security company.
(d) The landlord.
4. Whose obituary do Robert and his friend read in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Michael Audley's.
(b) Helen Talboys'.
(c) Mary Braddon's.
(d) Captain Maldon's.
5. From what illness does Captain Maldon appear to suffer?
(a) Drug addiction.
(d) Mental illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert find at Captain Maldon's house, caring for Georgie?
2. Where does Robert finally meet Lady Audley?
3. Where does Robert go after Lady Audley leaves him?
4. What is the name of the ship George returns to England on?
5. Why is dinner canceled in Chapter 7 of Volume 1 as Robert and George are preparing to leave for Audley Court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
2. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
3. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
4. Where does Captain Maldon claim George has gone? What proof does he have?
5. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
6. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
7. What old friend does Robert run into and what is this friend looking for?
8. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
9. Where does Robert choose to stay after being removed from Audley Court?
10. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)