|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was George Talboys away from England?
(a) To work for his father.
(b) To make a fortune.
(c) To find his wife.
(d) To be with his mistress.
2. Why is the invitation to Audley Court revoked in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) A fire has destroyed the guest wing.
(b) Lady Audley is ill.
(c) The house is under construction.
(d) Lord Audley is ill.
3. Who is Lucy Graham?
(a) A governess working for the Dawsons.
(b) A piano teacher in Wildernsea.
(c) A sea captain's daughter from Isle of Wight.
(d) A maid working for the Audleys.
4. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
5. Who does Robert sea at the London train station?
(a) George Talboys.
(b) Lord Audley.
(c) Lady Audley.
(d) Clara Talboys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
2. Where does Robert's own journey take him at the end of Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
3. What conversation does Robert overhear that gives credence to the idea that someone broke into his flat?
4. What business do Phoebe and her new husband purchase?
5. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
2. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
3. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
4. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
5. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
6. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
7. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
8. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
9. What is the cause of tension between Lucy Graham Audley and Alicia Audley?
10. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)