|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert sea at the London train station?
(a) George Talboys.
(b) Lord Audley.
(c) Clara Talboys.
(d) Lady Audley.
2. Why is dinner canceled in Chapter 7 of Volume 1 as Robert and George are preparing to leave for Audley Court?
(a) Lord Audley is ill.
(b) The cook has taken ill.
(c) Lady Audley has been called to the sickbed of a friend.
(d) Lady Audley has taken ill again.
3. From what illness does Captain Maldon appear to suffer?
(b) Mental illness.
(d) Drug addiction.
4. Whose obituary do Robert and his friend read in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Mary Braddon's.
(b) Captain Maldon's.
(c) Michael Audley's.
(d) Helen Talboys'.
5. What recreation do George and Robert decide to participate in in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
2. Who is the only person who is known to have been at Fig Tree Court in Robert's absence?
3. Where does Robert go after Lady Audley leaves him?
4. Who is the first neighbor to win young Lucy's affections?
5. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
2. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
3. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
4. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
5. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
6. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
7. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
8. What injury does Lady Audley have? Why does Robert not believe her explanation for the injury?
9. Where does Captain Maldon claim George has gone? What proof does he have?
10. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)