|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert call a doctor to examine Lady Audley?
(a) Because she has begun to run a fever.
(b) Because of her family history of madness.
(c) Because he is afraid she might hurt herself.
(d) Because of her odd behavior.
2. Why do Robert and Clara plan a trip to Australia?
(a) To look for George.
(b) To claim George's fortune.
(c) To check on George's property there.
(d) To show Georgie where his father made his fortune.
3. What does Lord Audley insist does not run in the Audley family genes?
(c) Immoral behavior.
4. What item did Helen Talboys leave with Mrs. Balkham when she left town?
(a) A letter from Captain Maldon announcing the death of her mother.
(b) A letter from George asking for a divorce.
(c) A note expressing her intentions to die.
(d) A note expressing her desire to find her fortune.
5. Why does Robert not go to the police with Lady Audley's secret?
(a) To protect George's son.
(b) To protect the family name.
(c) To protect George's family name.
(d) To protect a woman he has come to love.
6. What reason does Robert believe Lady Audley had for faking Helen Talboys death and marrying Lord Audley?
7. How does the item Mrs. Balkham gives to Robert connect Lady Audley to Helen Talboys?
(a) It is in Lady Audley's handwriting, but signed Helen Talboys.
(b) It mentions a friendshipw ith Lady Audley.
(c) It describes an extortion attempt on Lady Audley.
(d) It expresses Helen's intention to become Lady Audley.
8. Why does Robert return to Audley Court?
(a) To remove Lady Audley's things.
(b) To live in Audley Court now that it is vacant.
(c) To close up the house for his uncle.
(d) To find and bury George.
9. What does Mrs. Balkham say Helen Talboys did after George left for Australia without warning?
(a) She tried to marry another man, but could not.
(b) She gave her baby to strangers and committed suicide.
(c) She became depressed and destitute.
(d) She tried to work.
10. Why does Robert return to the home of the Talboys?
(a) All of the above.
(b) To see Clara.
(c) To tell them George is alive.
(d) To tell them about Helen's illness.
11. What place does Sir Michael swear he will never go to again?
(a) Audley Court.
12. What does Robert tell the doctor that changes his mind about Lady Audley's physical and mental condition?
(a) That she has threatened to kill herself.
(b) That she killed her first husband.
(c) That she has a history of violent behavior.
(d) That she attempted to poison her current husband.
13. What plan does Lady Audley concoct to make Robert leave Audley Court?
(a) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert hit her.
(b) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert is insane.
(c) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert stole from her.
(d) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert made a pass at her.
14. Why does Robert want to walk alone with Lady Audley in Chapter 11 of Volume 2?
(a) To share a romantic moment alone.
(b) To ask where George has gone.
(c) To tell her what he has learned about her and Helen Talboys.
(d) To plan a surprise party for Lord Audley.
15. Why does Robert visit Halcourt Talboys?
(a) To inform him of his investigation.
(b) To inform him of George's probable death.
(c) To ask if he has seen George lately.
(d) To ask for help in his investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Robert find himself comparing Clara Talboys?
2. Who begins to have doubts about Lady Audley's accusations against Robert?
3. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley?
4. Where does the item that Robert takes from Lucy Graham's former employer lead Robert?
5. What does Lady Audley do before leaving Mount Stanning?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)