Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lady Audley hope to turn against Robert with a plan she concocts?
(a) Luke Marks.
(c) Alicia Audley.
(d) Lord Audley.
2. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
3. How does Lord Audley react to Lady Audley's tears?
(a) With care and concern.
(b) With criticism.
(c) With disbelief.
(d) With disinterest.
4. Why did Lady Audley fake her death?
(a) To free herself from her alcoholic father.
(b) To free herself from her child.
(c) To free herself to marry again, this time for love.
(d) To free herself to marry again, this time for money.
5. What is the nature of the falling out Halcourt Talboys and George Talboys have had?
(a) George disgraced the family with alcohol use.
(b) George stole from Halcourt.
(c) George disgraced the family by having a child out of wedlock.
(d) George was disowned for marrying Helen.
6. Who is Halcourt Talboys?
(a) George's cousin.
(b) George's grandfather.
(c) George's brother.
(d) George's father.
7. What excuse does Phoebe give for asking for this money?
(a) That Robert sent her.
(b) That Lady Audley owes her.
(c) That Lady Audley can afford it.
(d) That Luke will beat her otherwise.
8. What does Clara ask Robert to do with George's killer should he or she be found?
(a) Leave them alone.
(b) Have them arrested.
(c) Take back George's personal letters from them.
(d) Kill them or allow her to do it.
9. What does Lady Audley imagine is driving her mad with anticipation?
(a) Waiting for news of Luke and Robert's deaths.
(b) Waiting for news of George's death.
(c) Waiting for the news of the fire.
(d) Waiting for news of her son's death.
10. Why does Alicia Audley think Robert has asked for a walk alone with Lady Audley?
(a) To share a romantic moment alone.
(b) To discuss the whereabouts of George Talboys.
(c) To accuse her of murder.
(d) To plan a surprise party for Lord Audley.
11. Why do Robert and Clara plan a trip to Australia?
(a) To check on George's property there.
(b) To show Georgie where his father made his fortune.
(c) To claim George's fortune.
(d) To look for George.
12. Who claims to have a witness who can prove Lady Audley and Helen Talboys are one and the same?
13. How does Robert reveal what he feels about Alicia?
(a) Robert is fond of her, but not in love.
(b) Robert is in love with her.
(c) Robert wishes they were not related so he could marry her.
(d) Robert dislikes her.
14. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
(a) To force Lady Audley to be his lover.
(b) To extort money from Lady Audley.
(c) To protect his uncle.
(d) A loyalty to his friend and respect for his sister.
15. Why does Robert encourage Alicia to travel with her father?
(a) To save her from learning the truth about Lady Audley.
(b) To help make amends in their relationship.
(c) To place her in a position to find a husband.
(d) To protect Lord Audley from allowing his shock to make him ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert tell the doctor that changes his mind about Lady Audley's physical and mental condition?
2. How does Lady Audley react to Robert's accusations?
3. What does the doctor initially recommend be done with Lady Audley?
4. Why does Lord Audley banish Robert from Audley Court?
5. What item did Helen Talboys leave with Mrs. Balkham when she left town?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)