|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lord Audley react to Lady Audley's tears?
(a) With criticism.
(b) With disbelief.
(c) With disinterest.
(d) With care and concern.
2. Why does Robert return to the home of the Talboys?
(a) To tell them George is alive.
(b) To see Clara.
(c) To tell them about Helen's illness.
(d) All of the above.
3. Who finally arrives at Audley Court with news of the fire at Mount Stanning?
(b) A groom.
4. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
(a) A loyalty to his friend and respect for his sister.
(b) To extort money from Lady Audley.
(c) To force Lady Audley to be his lover.
(d) To protect his uncle.
5. Why does Robert believe Lady Audley might leave Audley Court without his interference?
(a) The warning Captain Maldon should have given her.
(b) Knowledge of the letters Clara provided Robert.
(c) A warning from Clara Talboys.
(d) Knowledge of Robert's continued investigation.
6. Where did Lime Walk get its name?
(a) The lime color of the stone path.
(b) The lime trees the path leads to.
(c) The lime that grows on the stones.
(d) The lime trees that line the path.
7. What plan does Lady Audley concoct to make Robert leave Audley Court?
(a) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert hit her.
(b) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert made a pass at her.
(c) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert stole from her.
(d) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert is insane.
8. How does Robert reveal what he feels about Alicia?
(a) Robert is fond of her, but not in love.
(b) Robert dislikes her.
(c) Robert is in love with her.
(d) Robert wishes they were not related so he could marry her.
9. Why does Lord Audley banish Robert from Audley Court?
(a) To protect his daughter.
(b) To please his wife.
(c) To protect his belongings.
(d) To please his daughter.
10. How does Lady Audley react to Robert's accusations?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She becomes frightened.
(c) She offers proof against his accusations.
(d) She calls him a liar.
11. What does Clara send to Robert in order to aid his investigation?
(a) Letters from Clara to George.
(b) Letters from Helen to George.
(c) Letters from George to Helen.
(d) Letters to her from George.
12. Why does Robert return to Audley Court?
(a) To find and bury George.
(b) To remove Lady Audley's things.
(c) To live in Audley Court now that it is vacant.
(d) To close up the house for his uncle.
13. Who does Robert finally marry in the final pages of the book?
14. What event does Lady Audley suggest has caused Robert's odd behaviors?
(a) A new drinking problem.
(b) An infatuation with Lady Audley.
(c) A broken relationship.
(d) The disappearance of George Talboys.
15. Why do Robert and Clara plan a trip to Australia?
(a) To check on George's property there.
(b) To look for George.
(c) To claim George's fortune.
(d) To show Georgie where his father made his fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor find after examining Lady Audley?
2. What does Mrs. Balkham say Helen Talboys did after George left for Australia without warning?
3. What illness does Robert accuse Lady Audley of having as they walk alone on the Lime Walk?
4. What does Lady Audley say she did after George abandoned her?
5. What was Lady Audley attempting to protect when she killed George?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)