|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clara ask Robert to do with George's killer should he or she be found?
(a) Have them arrested.
(b) Kill them or allow her to do it.
(c) Take back George's personal letters from them.
(d) Leave them alone.
2. What does Clara say is Halcourt Talboys' reason for treating Robert and his news as he did?
(a) Halcourt thinks George's disappearance is a trick to regain his lost inheritance.
(b) Halcourt killed George himself.
(c) Halcourt never liked George anyway.
(d) Halcourt is senile.
3. What is the nature of the falling out Halcourt Talboys and George Talboys have had?
(a) George was disowned for marrying Helen.
(b) George disgraced the family by having a child out of wedlock.
(c) George stole from Halcourt.
(d) George disgraced the family with alcohol use.
4. What does Lady Audley do before leaving Mount Stanning?
(a) Asks Phoebe to burn it down.
(b) Pays Luke to burn it down.
(c) Pays the groom to set it on fire.
(d) Sets it on fire.
5. How does Lady Audley react to Robert's accusations?
(a) She calls him a liar.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She becomes frightened.
(d) She offers proof against his accusations.
6. Why do Robert and Clara plan a trip to Australia?
(a) To show Georgie where his father made his fortune.
(b) To claim George's fortune.
(c) To check on George's property there.
(d) To look for George.
7. What event does Lady Audley suggest has caused Robert's odd behaviors?
(a) A new drinking problem.
(b) The disappearance of George Talboys.
(c) An infatuation with Lady Audley.
(d) A broken relationship.
8. Where does the item that Robert takes from Lucy Graham's former employer lead Robert?
(a) To Wildernsea.
(b) To Australia.
(c) To London.
(d) To Isle of Wight.
9. Why does Lord Audley banish Robert from Audley Court?
(a) To protect his belongings.
(b) To please his wife.
(c) To please his daughter.
(d) To protect his daughter.
10. What does Robert take from the item Lucy Graham left behind with her former employer?
(a) A bill.
(b) A letter.
(c) A blouse.
(d) A label.
11. What name does Helen Talboys/Lady Audley take while in the sanitarium?
(a) Mrs. Maldon.
(b) Mrs. Padson.
(c) Mrs. Taylor.
(d) Mrs. Talboys.
12. Who described Lady Audley in such a way that she resembled Helen Talboys?
(b) Captain Maldon.
13. What reason does Robert believe Lady Audley had for faking Helen Talboys death and marrying Lord Audley?
14. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
15. What did Robert think Lady Audley would do when he confronted her with proof of her secret?
(a) She would give herself up to the police.
(b) She would leave quietly.
(c) She would confess to Lord Audley.
(d) She would tell him where George is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does Lady Audley concoct to make Robert leave Audley Court?
2. What does Lord Audley insist does not run in the Audley family genes?
3. Why is Phoebe unhappy owning an inn?
4. To whom are clues in the letters from Clara damning in regards to Robert's investigation?
5. Why does Robert return to Audley Court?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)