|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Audley claim happened to her mother when she was only an infant?
(a) She was disinherited by her wealthy father.
(b) She commited suicide.
(c) She went insane.
(d) She died in childbirth.
2. With whom does Robert find himself comparing Clara Talboys?
(a) Emily Browning.
(b) His childhood love, Elizabeth.
(c) Alicia Audley.
(d) Lady Audley.
3. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
(a) A loyalty to his friend and respect for his sister.
(b) To extort money from Lady Audley.
(c) To force Lady Audley to be his lover.
(d) To protect his uncle.
4. What was Lady Audley attempting to protect when she killed George?
(a) Her position as Lady Audley.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her child.
(d) Her husband, Lord Audley.
5. What proof does Luke have to support his story of George's fall into the well?
(a) George's wallet.
(b) George's new address.
(c) George's buried body.
(d) Two letters written by George to Lady Audley and Robert.
6. What does Robert take from the item Lucy Graham left behind with her former employer?
(a) A bill.
(b) A label.
(c) A letter.
(d) A blouse.
7. What does Lord Audley insist does not run in the Audley family genes?
(a) Immoral behavior.
8. What reason does Robert believe Lady Audley had for faking Helen Talboys death and marrying Lord Audley?
9. What does the doctor find after examining Lady Audley?
(a) She is perfectly sane.
(b) She is suffering the plague.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is ill and needs help.
10. What does Halcourt suggest Robert do with his investigation into George's disappearance?
(a) Look in Australia.
(b) Stop it.
(c) Go to Wildernsea.
(d) Hire an investigator.
11. Why does Robert want to walk alone with Lady Audley in Chapter 11 of Volume 2?
(a) To ask where George has gone.
(b) To tell her what he has learned about her and Helen Talboys.
(c) To share a romantic moment alone.
(d) To plan a surprise party for Lord Audley.
12. How does Lady Audley make herself cry when she goes to speak to Lord Audley?
(a) She draws on the stress of Robert's investigation.
(b) She pinches herself.
(c) She cuts up onions.
(d) She imagines Lord Audley asking for a divorce.
13. What does Lady Audley do before leaving Mount Stanning?
(a) Pays the groom to set it on fire.
(b) Asks Phoebe to burn it down.
(c) Pays Luke to burn it down.
(d) Sets it on fire.
14. What item did Helen Talboys leave with Mrs. Balkham when she left town?
(a) A letter from Captain Maldon announcing the death of her mother.
(b) A note expressing her desire to find her fortune.
(c) A letter from George asking for a divorce.
(d) A note expressing her intentions to die.
15. Who claims to have a witness who can prove Lady Audley and Helen Talboys are one and the same?
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does Lady Audley concoct to make Robert leave Audley Court?
2. What is Halcourt's reaction to Robert's visit?
3. Who suspects Lady Audley of setting the fire at Mount Stanning?
4. Why does Robert call a doctor to examine Lady Audley?
5. Who does Luke reveal saw Lady Audley push George into a dry well?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)