|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims to have a witness who can prove Lady Audley and Helen Talboys are one and the same?
2. Where is the institute the doctor recommends for Lady Audley?
3. Why does Lord Audley banish Robert from Audley Court?
(a) To please his wife.
(b) To protect his daughter.
(c) To protect his belongings.
(d) To please his daughter.
4. Where does the item that Robert takes from Lucy Graham's former employer lead Robert?
(a) To London.
(b) To Wildernsea.
(c) To Isle of Wight.
(d) To Australia.
5. Why does Lady Audley claim that Helen Talboys married George Talboys?
(a) For her father.
(b) For his money.
(c) For the sake of the child.
(d) For love.
6. What proof does Luke have to support his story of George's fall into the well?
(a) Two letters written by George to Lady Audley and Robert.
(b) George's new address.
(c) George's wallet.
(d) George's buried body.
7. Who does Robert speak to about Lucy Graham?
(a) The Markses.
(b) The Talboys.
(c) The Dawsons.
(d) The Maldons.
8. Who suspects Lady Audley of setting the fire at Mount Stanning?
9. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
(a) To ask for Luke's help in hiding George's body.
(b) To beg Robert to keep her secret.
(c) To pay a bribe to Luke and Phoebe.
(d) To confess to Robert.
10. What reason does Robert believe Lady Audley had for faking Helen Talboys death and marrying Lord Audley?
11. What event does Lady Audley suggest has caused Robert's odd behaviors?
(a) The disappearance of George Talboys.
(b) An infatuation with Lady Audley.
(c) A new drinking problem.
(d) A broken relationship.
12. Who is Halcourt Talboys?
(a) George's grandfather.
(b) George's father.
(c) George's cousin.
(d) George's brother.
13. Who does Robert meet upon returning to Essex?
(a) George Talboys.
(b) Captain Maldon.
(c) Mrs. Taylor.
(d) Clara Talboys.
14. Why did Lady Audley fake her death?
(a) To free herself from her child.
(b) To free herself to marry again, this time for love.
(c) To free herself from her alcoholic father.
(d) To free herself to marry again, this time for money.
15. Where does Lady Audley claim George is?
(a) Buried in the garden at Audley Court.
(b) Drowned in the river in Essex.
(c) The bottom of a dry well.
(d) On a boat to Australia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley?
2. Why does Robert want to walk alone with Lady Audley in Chapter 11 of Volume 2?
3. What idea does Phoebe plant in Lady Audley's mind during their conversation?
4. What prompts Lady Audley to confess all to Lord Audley?
5. What does Robert tell the doctor that changes his mind about Lady Audley's physical and mental condition?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)