|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robert reveal what he feels about Alicia?
(a) Robert is in love with her.
(b) Robert is fond of her, but not in love.
(c) Robert dislikes her.
(d) Robert wishes they were not related so he could marry her.
2. What event does Lady Audley suggest has caused Robert's odd behaviors?
(a) The disappearance of George Talboys.
(b) A new drinking problem.
(c) An infatuation with Lady Audley.
(d) A broken relationship.
3. What does Lady Audley claim she attempted to do when George first confronted her with the truth?
(a) Make him a partner.
(b) Bribe him.
(c) Asked him to help fake her death.
(d) Promised to return to him.
4. What excuse does Phoebe give for asking for this money?
(a) That Lady Audley can afford it.
(b) That Luke will beat her otherwise.
(c) That Lady Audley owes her.
(d) That Robert sent her.
5. Who does Robert learn was Lucy Graham's employer before she came to Essex?
(a) Mrs. Taylor.
(b) Mrs. Plowson.
(c) Mrs. Vincent.
(d) Mrs. Gilbert.
6. Where is the institute the doctor recommends for Lady Audley?
7. Who requests to speak with Robert upon his return to Essex?
(a) Lady Audley.
(b) Luke Marks.
(c) Alicia Audley.
(d) Phoebe Marks.
8. What plan does Lady Audley concoct to make Robert leave Audley Court?
(a) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert made a pass at her.
(b) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert stole from her.
(c) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert is insane.
(d) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert hit her.
9. Who suspects Lady Audley of setting the fire at Mount Stanning?
10. Who described Lady Audley in such a way that she resembled Helen Talboys?
(b) Captain Maldon.
11. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
12. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
(a) To confess to Robert.
(b) To pay a bribe to Luke and Phoebe.
(c) To ask for Luke's help in hiding George's body.
(d) To beg Robert to keep her secret.
13. What does the doctor find after examining Lady Audley?
(a) She is perfectly sane.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is ill and needs help.
(d) She is suffering the plague.
14. With whom does Robert find himself comparing Clara Talboys?
(a) Alicia Audley.
(b) Lady Audley.
(c) Emily Browning.
(d) His childhood love, Elizabeth.
15. What proof does Luke have to support his story of George's fall into the well?
(a) Two letters written by George to Lady Audley and Robert.
(b) George's new address.
(c) George's wallet.
(d) George's buried body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lime Walk get its name?
2. Who finally arrives at Audley Court with news of the fire at Mount Stanning?
3. What does Clara send to Robert in order to aid his investigation?
4. What does Clara ask Robert to do with George's killer should he or she be found?
5. Who does Robert finally marry in the final pages of the book?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)