|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robert reveal what he feels about Alicia?
(a) Robert is in love with her.
(b) Robert is fond of her, but not in love.
(c) Robert wishes they were not related so he could marry her.
(d) Robert dislikes her.
2. To whom are clues in the letters from Clara damning in regards to Robert's investigation?
(b) Lady Audley.
3. Who is Halcourt Talboys?
(a) George's father.
(b) George's cousin.
(c) George's brother.
(d) George's grandfather.
4. With whom does Robert find himself comparing Clara Talboys?
(a) His childhood love, Elizabeth.
(b) Alicia Audley.
(c) Lady Audley.
(d) Emily Browning.
5. Why is Phoebe unhappy owning an inn?
(a) Because the work is too hard.
(b) Because they do not make enough money.
(c) Because the guests are too demanding.
(d) Because her husband has become a drunkard.
6. Where does the item that Robert takes from Lucy Graham's former employer lead Robert?
(a) To Isle of Wight.
(b) To Australia.
(c) To London.
(d) To Wildernsea.
7. What is Halcourt's reaction to Robert's visit?
8. Who described Lady Audley in such a way that she resembled Helen Talboys?
(b) Captain Maldon.
9. What does Lady Audley say she did after George abandoned her?
(a) Abandoned her child.
(b) Faked her death.
(d) Sought a divorce.
10. Whose room does Lady Audley lock before leaving Mount Stanning?
11. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
(a) To beg Robert to keep her secret.
(b) To ask for Luke's help in hiding George's body.
(c) To confess to Robert.
(d) To pay a bribe to Luke and Phoebe.
12. Who does Lady Audley hope to turn against Robert with a plan she concocts?
(a) Luke Marks.
(b) Lord Audley.
(c) Alicia Audley.
13. What item did Lucy Graham leave behind after she stopped working for the school that was her employer before Essex?
(a) A letter.
(b) A box.
(c) A stack of clothing.
14. What place does Sir Michael swear he will never go to again?
(d) Audley Court.
15. How does Lady Audley react to Robert's accusations?
(a) She offers proof against his accusations.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She calls him a liar.
(d) She becomes frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Phoebe plant in Lady Audley's mind during their conversation?
2. What does Lady Audley imagine is driving her mad with anticipation?
3. Why does Robert want to walk alone with Lady Audley in Chapter 11 of Volume 2?
4. Why does Alicia Audley think Robert has asked for a walk alone with Lady Audley?
5. What does Clara send to Robert in order to aid his investigation?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)