|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the institute the doctor recommends for Lady Audley?
2. Where is the school located where Lucy Graham worked before coming to Essex?
3. What excuse does Phoebe give for asking for this money?
(a) That Lady Audley can afford it.
(b) That Luke will beat her otherwise.
(c) That Robert sent her.
(d) That Lady Audley owes her.
4. What event forces Robert to return to the investigation sooner than he expected?
(a) Lady Audley's illness.
(b) The discovery of new evidence.
(c) Lord Audley's illness.
(d) News of George's reappearance.
5. Why does George return to England shortly before Robert's planned trip to Australia?
(a) To renew his acquaintanceship with his good friend.
(b) To recover his lost luggage.
(c) To plot revenge against Helen.
(d) To take custody of his child.
6. To whom are clues in the letters from Clara damning in regards to Robert's investigation?
(c) Lady Audley.
7. What plan does Lady Audley concoct to make Robert leave Audley Court?
(a) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert stole from her.
(b) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert is insane.
(c) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert made a pass at her.
(d) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert hit her.
8. Who does Robert meet upon returning to Essex?
(a) George Talboys.
(b) Clara Talboys.
(c) Captain Maldon.
(d) Mrs. Taylor.
9. Why does Lord Audley banish Robert from Audley Court?
(a) To protect his daughter.
(b) To protect his belongings.
(c) To please his daughter.
(d) To please his wife.
10. What does the doctor initially recommend be done with Lady Audley?
11. What place does Sir Michael swear he will never go to again?
(a) Audley Court.
12. Why does Lady Audley believe her secret will never be revealed?
(a) Because she is willing to kill anyone who learns the truth.
(b) Because she has the money to bribe anyone who knows the truth.
(c) Because she has covered her tracks too well.
(d) Because she is innocent.
13. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
(a) To protect his uncle.
(b) To extort money from Lady Audley.
(c) A loyalty to his friend and respect for his sister.
(d) To force Lady Audley to be his lover.
14. How does Lady Audley make herself cry when she goes to speak to Lord Audley?
(a) She cuts up onions.
(b) She draws on the stress of Robert's investigation.
(c) She imagines Lord Audley asking for a divorce.
(d) She pinches herself.
15. Why does Clara chase Robert out of Halcourt Talboys house?
(a) To ask about George's child.
(b) To convince him to keep looking for George or his killer.
(c) To tell him what she knows about Helen Talboys.
(d) To apologize for Halcourt's behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lord Audley react to Lady Audley's tears?
2. Who requests to speak with Robert upon his return to Essex?
3. Who does Robert speak to about Lucy Graham?
4. Why does Robert call a doctor to examine Lady Audley?
5. Who claims to have a witness who can prove Lady Audley and Helen Talboys are one and the same?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)