|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Audley insist does not run in the Audley family genes?
(d) Immoral behavior.
2. What illness does Robert accuse Lady Audley of having as they walk alone on the Lime Walk?
(a) Morning sickness.
(b) The Plague.
(c) Mental illness.
3. How does the item Mrs. Balkham gives to Robert connect Lady Audley to Helen Talboys?
(a) It mentions a friendshipw ith Lady Audley.
(b) It expresses Helen's intention to become Lady Audley.
(c) It describes an extortion attempt on Lady Audley.
(d) It is in Lady Audley's handwriting, but signed Helen Talboys.
4. Why does Robert return to Audley Court?
(a) To find and bury George.
(b) To live in Audley Court now that it is vacant.
(c) To remove Lady Audley's things.
(d) To close up the house for his uncle.
5. Why does George return to England shortly before Robert's planned trip to Australia?
(a) To renew his acquaintanceship with his good friend.
(b) To recover his lost luggage.
(c) To plot revenge against Helen.
(d) To take custody of his child.
6. How does Lady Audley react to Robert's accusations?
(a) She offers proof against his accusations.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She becomes frightened.
(d) She calls him a liar.
7. Why do Robert and Clara plan a trip to Australia?
(a) To claim George's fortune.
(b) To show Georgie where his father made his fortune.
(c) To check on George's property there.
(d) To look for George.
8. Who is Halcourt Talboys?
(a) George's grandfather.
(b) George's cousin.
(c) George's brother.
(d) George's father.
9. Where is the institute the doctor recommends for Lady Audley?
10. Who does Robert speak to about Lucy Graham?
(a) The Talboys.
(b) The Maldons.
(c) The Dawsons.
(d) The Markses.
11. What item did Lucy Graham leave behind after she stopped working for the school that was her employer before Essex?
(b) A stack of clothing.
(c) A box.
(d) A letter.
12. With whom does Robert find himself comparing Clara Talboys?
(a) Emily Browning.
(b) Alicia Audley.
(c) Lady Audley.
(d) His childhood love, Elizabeth.
13. Why does Lady Audley claim that Helen Talboys married George Talboys?
(a) For her father.
(b) For the sake of the child.
(c) For his money.
(d) For love.
14. What does Lady Audley imagine is driving her mad with anticipation?
(a) Waiting for news of her son's death.
(b) Waiting for news of Luke and Robert's deaths.
(c) Waiting for the news of the fire.
(d) Waiting for news of George's death.
15. What does Robert take from the item Lucy Graham left behind with her former employer?
(a) A label.
(b) A bill.
(c) A letter.
(d) A blouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Robert believe Lady Audley had for faking Helen Talboys death and marrying Lord Audley?
2. Who claims to have a witness who can prove Lady Audley and Helen Talboys are one and the same?
3. What does the doctor initially recommend be done with Lady Audley?
4. What name does Helen Talboys/Lady Audley take while in the sanitarium?
5. What is the nature of the falling out Halcourt Talboys and George Talboys have had?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)