|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert return to Audley Court?
(a) To close up the house for his uncle.
(b) To find and bury George.
(c) To live in Audley Court now that it is vacant.
(d) To remove Lady Audley's things.
2. Who does Robert finally marry in the final pages of the book?
3. Why does George return to England shortly before Robert's planned trip to Australia?
(a) To plot revenge against Helen.
(b) To take custody of his child.
(c) To renew his acquaintanceship with his good friend.
(d) To recover his lost luggage.
4. Why does Robert call a doctor to examine Lady Audley?
(a) Because she has begun to run a fever.
(b) Because he is afraid she might hurt herself.
(c) Because of her odd behavior.
(d) Because of her family history of madness.
5. Who described Lady Audley in such a way that she resembled Helen Talboys?
(d) Captain Maldon.
6. What excuse does Phoebe give for asking for this money?
(a) That Luke will beat her otherwise.
(b) That Robert sent her.
(c) That Lady Audley can afford it.
(d) That Lady Audley owes her.
7. What threat does Lady Audley make against Robert?
(a) She threatens to kill him.
(b) She promises to tell her husband they are lovers.
(c) She threatens to kill Lord Audley.
(d) She promises to throw him in an asylum.
8. What does Lady Audley claim she attempted to do when George first confronted her with the truth?
(a) Asked him to help fake her death.
(b) Bribe him.
(c) Make him a partner.
(d) Promised to return to him.
9. How does Lord Audley react to Lady Audley's tears?
(a) With care and concern.
(b) With criticism.
(c) With disinterest.
(d) With disbelief.
10. Where did Lime Walk get its name?
(a) The lime trees the path leads to.
(b) The lime trees that line the path.
(c) The lime color of the stone path.
(d) The lime that grows on the stones.
11. How does Lady Audley react to Robert's accusations?
(a) She becomes frightened.
(b) She calls him a liar.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She offers proof against his accusations.
12. What does Mrs. Balkham say Helen Talboys did after George left for Australia without warning?
(a) She became depressed and destitute.
(b) She tried to work.
(c) She tried to marry another man, but could not.
(d) She gave her baby to strangers and committed suicide.
13. Who does Robert speak to about Lucy Graham?
(a) The Talboys.
(b) The Markses.
(c) The Dawsons.
(d) The Maldons.
14. What does the doctor initially recommend be done with Lady Audley?
15. Who is Mrs. Balkham?
(a) A woman from Australia who knew George.
(b) A woman from London who was good friends with Lady Audley.
(c) A woman from the Isle of Wight who knows Captain Maldon.
(d) A woman from Wildernsea who remembers Helen Talboys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara ask Robert to do with George's killer should he or she be found?
2. How does Lady Audley make herself cry when she goes to speak to Lord Audley?
3. What reason does Robert believe Lady Audley had for faking Helen Talboys death and marrying Lord Audley?
4. What does Clara say is Halcourt Talboys' reason for treating Robert and his news as he did?
5. Why is Phoebe unhappy owning an inn?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)