|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Phoebe give for asking for this money?
(a) That Luke will beat her otherwise.
(b) That Lady Audley can afford it.
(c) That Robert sent her.
(d) That Lady Audley owes her.
2. Why does Alicia Audley think Robert has asked for a walk alone with Lady Audley?
(a) To share a romantic moment alone.
(b) To accuse her of murder.
(c) To discuss the whereabouts of George Talboys.
(d) To plan a surprise party for Lord Audley.
3. Who is Halcourt Talboys?
(a) George's grandfather.
(b) George's father.
(c) George's brother.
(d) George's cousin.
4. Why does Robert call a doctor to examine Lady Audley?
(a) Because of her family history of madness.
(b) Because she has begun to run a fever.
(c) Because he is afraid she might hurt herself.
(d) Because of her odd behavior.
5. How does Robert reveal what he feels about Alicia?
(a) Robert is in love with her.
(b) Robert wishes they were not related so he could marry her.
(c) Robert is fond of her, but not in love.
(d) Robert dislikes her.
6. What name does Helen Talboys/Lady Audley take while in the sanitarium?
(a) Mrs. Maldon.
(b) Mrs. Taylor.
(c) Mrs. Padson.
(d) Mrs. Talboys.
7. What does Lady Audley claim she attempted to do when George first confronted her with the truth?
(a) Bribe him.
(b) Asked him to help fake her death.
(c) Make him a partner.
(d) Promised to return to him.
8. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
9. What reason does Robert believe Lady Audley had for faking Helen Talboys death and marrying Lord Audley?
10. Where did Lime Walk get its name?
(a) The lime color of the stone path.
(b) The lime trees that line the path.
(c) The lime that grows on the stones.
(d) The lime trees the path leads to.
11. Who does Robert learn was Lucy Graham's employer before she came to Essex?
(a) Mrs. Plowson.
(b) Mrs. Taylor.
(c) Mrs. Vincent.
(d) Mrs. Gilbert.
12. Who described Lady Audley in such a way that she resembled Helen Talboys?
(a) Captain Maldon.
13. What does Robert take from the item Lucy Graham left behind with her former employer?
(a) A letter.
(b) A blouse.
(c) A label.
(d) A bill.
14. What did Robert think Lady Audley would do when he confronted her with proof of her secret?
(a) She would tell him where George is.
(b) She would confess to Lord Audley.
(c) She would give herself up to the police.
(d) She would leave quietly.
15. What illness does Robert accuse Lady Audley of having as they walk alone on the Lime Walk?
(a) Morning sickness.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) The Plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alicia write Robert and promise that she is keeping Sir Michael as busy as possible?
2. Where does Lady Audley claim George is?
3. Why does Robert return to the home of the Talboys?
4. Who does Robert speak to about Lucy Graham?
5. What does Mrs. Balkham say Helen Talboys did after George left for Australia without warning?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)