|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert sea at the London train station?
(a) George Talboys.
(b) Lady Audley.
(c) Lord Audley.
(d) Clara Talboys.
2. Who is Captain Maldon?
(a) Robert's father.
(b) George's father-in-law.
(c) George's brother.
(d) Robert's cousin.
3. To what village do Robert and his friend travel?
(c) Isle of Wight.
4. What else does Robert find in George's trunk that appears to help his investigation?
(a) A letter from Lady Audley.
(b) A will naming Robert George's sole heir.
(c) A book with an inscription from Helen.
(d) A book with a love letter tucked inside.
5. How is Robert Audley related to Lord Audley who was introduced in Chapter 1 of Volume 1?
6. Who is Phoebe?
(a) Lady Audley's maid.
(b) Lady Audley's sister.
(c) Lady Audley's friend.
(d) Lady Audley's cousin.
7. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
(a) Because Lucy is young, beautiful, and she has stolen Lord Audley's affections.
(b) Because Alicia does not want a new stepmother.
(c) Because Lucy is using Lord Audley for his money.
(d) Because Alicia is jealous of her father's happiness.
8. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
(a) She claims to have seen Robert steal.
(b) She claims Robert is insane.
(c) She claims to have reason to believe Robert is leading Alicia on.
(d) She claims to be uncomfortable with Robert's attentions.
9. How do Robert and George get into Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
(a) A balcony door.
(b) A secret passageway.
(c) A window.
(d) A service panel.
10. From where has this friend of Robert's just returned?
11. Why does Robert begin to doubt that George has left England?
(a) He is not listed on rental records for local carriages.
(b) He has not taken his luggage.
(c) He is not listed as a passenger on any ships.
(d) He is not listed as a passenger on the train records.
12. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
(b) Lady Audley.
13. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
(a) George's luggage.
(b) His personal safe.
(c) His personal papers.
(d) George's personal papers.
14. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
(a) The letters are typed.
(b) The letters are written in a strange shorthand.
(c) The letters are missing.
(d) The letters are there, but prove nothing.
15. Who does Robert find at Captain Maldon's house, caring for Georgie?
(c) Lady Audley.
(d) Mrs. Plowson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
2. Why does Robert spend a great deal of time around Lady Audley?
3. What visitor does Georgie's sitter attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert about?
4. Whose obituary do Robert and his friend read in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
5. Why does Robert request an invitation to visit Audley Court in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)