|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
2. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
(b) New Years.
(d) Boxer Day.
3. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
(c) Lady Audley.
4. With whom is Robert's friend hoping to reconnect?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His son.
5. What item did this visitor give to Georgie on her visit, as discussed in Chapter 2 of Volume 2?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) A music box.
(c) A gun.
(d) A watch.
6. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
(a) Because Alicia does not want a new stepmother.
(b) Because Alicia is jealous of her father's happiness.
(c) Because Lucy is young, beautiful, and she has stolen Lord Audley's affections.
(d) Because Lucy is using Lord Audley for his money.
7. What is the name of the ship George returns to England on?
(d) Queen Mary.
8. With whom does Lady Audley appear to have a close friendship?
(a) Her stepdaughter, Alicia.
(b) Her maid, Phoebe.
(c) Her stepnephew, Robert.
(d) Her neighbor, Mrs. Dawson.
9. Why does Robert begin to doubt that George has left England?
(a) He has not taken his luggage.
(b) He is not listed as a passenger on the train records.
(c) He is not listed as a passenger on any ships.
(d) He is not listed on rental records for local carriages.
10. Whose obituary do Robert and his friend read in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Captain Maldon's.
(b) Helen Talboys'.
(c) Michael Audley's.
(d) Mary Braddon's.
11. Where is George Talboys returning to England from?
12. Who is Helen Talboys?
(a) George's cousin.
(b) George's sister.
(c) George's wife.
(d) George's daughter.
13. Where does Robert decide to begin his search for George?
14. Why does Lady Audley go out in a snowstorm to visit Robert?
(a) To care for an illness that overcame Robert in the night.
(b) To bring a message from Alicia.
(c) To apologize for Lord Audley's rude behavior.
(d) To get information about his investigation into George's disappearance.
15. How do Robert and George get into Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
(a) A service panel.
(b) A secret passageway.
(c) A balcony door.
(d) A window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Robert suspect George ran into some serious misfortune?
2. What connection does Robert make between the item he has found in George's trunk and Lady Audley?
3. In what newspapers does Robert tell Lady Audley he placed ads regarding George?
4. What draws men to Lady Audley?
5. How is Robert Audley related to Lord Audley who was introduced in Chapter 1 of Volume 1?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)