|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the invitation to Audley Court revoked in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) Lord Audley is ill.
(b) A fire has destroyed the guest wing.
(c) The house is under construction.
(d) Lady Audley is ill.
2. From where has this friend of Robert's just returned?
3. Why do Robert and George not return to London as planned in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
(a) George's carriage has a broken wheel.
(b) Robert needs to attend to business with his uncle.
(c) George wants to see Audley Court.
(d) Robert has a headache.
4. Where does Robert finally meet Lady Audley?
(a) At Audley Court.
(b) Driving in his uncle's carriage.
(c) At the river.
(d) Driving in his uncle's new automobile.
5. What is the name of the area where Robert's flat is located?
(a) Fig Tree Court.
(b) Apple Tree Court.
(c) Lime Walk.
(d) Lemon Way.
6. Where does Robert go after being asked to leave Audley Court?
(a) Moon Inn.
(b) Mount Stanning Inn.
(c) Sun Inn.
(d) Day's Inn.
7. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
(a) Lady Audley.
8. With whom is Robert's friend hoping to reconnect?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
9. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) A week.
(b) A day.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
10. Who does Robert interview about George's whereabouts?
(a) Captain Maldon.
(b) Alicia Audley.
(c) Lady Audley.
(d) Luke Marks.
11. Why does Robert spend a great deal of time around Lady Audley?
(a) He suspects her of hurting his uncle.
(b) He suspects she is having an affair.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He suspects she knows something about George.
12. What impression does Robert get while talking to Luke and Phoebe Marks?
(a) They know nothing about Lady Audley.
(b) They know some secret about Lady Audley.
(c) They are good friends of Lady Audley.
(d) They are blackmailing Lady Audley.
13. How do Robert and George get into Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
(a) A window.
(b) A balcony door.
(c) A secret passageway.
(d) A service panel.
14. Why does Lord Audley believe Alicia turned down a proposal made to her?
(a) A crush on a schoolmate.
(b) A crush on the neighbor's son.
(c) A crush on her cousin.
(d) A crush on the groom.
15. What causes George to become angry with Robert during the storm in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) George becomes angry because he is frightened of the storm.
(b) George becomes angry with Robert's teasing.
(c) George becomes angry that Robert does not want to return to London.
(d) George becomes angry that Robert speaks against Lady Audley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucy Graham?
2. Where is Robert told George has gone?
3. Who does Robert run into by coincidence in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
4. Where does Lady Audley go after leaving Robert?
5. Why is dinner canceled in Chapter 7 of Volume 1 as Robert and George are preparing to leave for Audley Court?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)