|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert choose the inn where he stays after leaving Audley Court?
(a) He hopes Luke Mark might have information on Lady Audley.
(b) It is the only inn in Audley village.
(c) It is the only inn with room during the holiday season.
(d) He hopes the owners will comp his stay.
2. Why does Robert spend a great deal of time around Lady Audley?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He suspects she is having an affair.
(c) He suspects she knows something about George.
(d) He suspects her of hurting his uncle.
3. To what village do Robert and his friend travel?
(d) Isle of Wight.
4. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
5. With whom does Lady Audley appear to have a close friendship?
(a) Her maid, Phoebe.
(b) Her stepdaughter, Alicia.
(c) Her neighbor, Mrs. Dawson.
(d) Her stepnephew, Robert.
6. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) She claims a contagious disease.
(b) She claims an appointment.
(c) She claims fatigue.
(d) She claims blindness.
7. Why does Alicia Audley dislike her stepmother?
(a) Lady Audley attracts all the men.
(b) Lady Audley is abusive to Alicia's father.
(c) Lady Audley is not faithful to Alicia's father.
(d) Lady Audley is cruel to her.
8. Why was George Talboys away from England?
(a) To work for his father.
(b) To find his wife.
(c) To be with his mistress.
(d) To make a fortune.
9. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
(a) The letters are missing.
(b) The letters are there, but prove nothing.
(c) The letters are written in a strange shorthand.
(d) The letters are typed.
10. Where does George go when Robert falls asleep in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) To London.
(b) To Audley Court.
(c) To Audley Village.
(d) To Isle of Wight.
11. Where does Robert's own journey take him at the end of Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
(a) London and Paris.
(b) America and Canada.
(c) China and Japan.
(d) Russia and all of Europe.
12. What impression does Robert get while talking to Luke and Phoebe Marks?
(a) They are good friends of Lady Audley.
(b) They know nothing about Lady Audley.
(c) They know some secret about Lady Audley.
(d) They are blackmailing Lady Audley.
13. Who does Robert run into by coincidence in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Michael Audley.
(b) George Talboys.
(c) Alicia Audley.
(d) Helen Talboys.
14. What business do Phoebe and her new husband purchase?
(a) Day's Inn.
(b) Mount Stanning Inn.
(c) Mercury Inn.
(d) Sun Inn.
15. What item does Robert see that seems to support the idea that George has left England?
(a) An inscription in a book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucy Graham?
2. What does Robert suggest he plans to search in hopes of finding any information about George?
3. Why does Lord Audley believe Alicia turned down a proposal made to her?
4. Why does Robert begin to doubt that George has left England?
5. How do Robert and George get into Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)