|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
(a) Because Lucy is using Lord Audley for his money.
(b) Because Lucy is young, beautiful, and she has stolen Lord Audley's affections.
(c) Because Alicia does not want a new stepmother.
(d) Because Alicia is jealous of her father's happiness.
2. Why does Robert request an invitation to visit Audley Court in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) To visit his cousin, the love of his life.
(b) To inquire as to his inheritance.
(c) To visit his uncle and meet his new aunt.
(d) To visit his uncle and give George more vacation time.
3. How does Lady Audley explain the injury Robert notices?
(a) A cooking accident.
(b) A tight ribbon.
(c) A rose thorn.
(d) A clumsy fall.
4. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
(a) A baby slipper and a snippet of hair.
(b) A love letter from Robert Audley.
(c) A diamond brooch.
(d) A picture of Helen Talboys.
5. What item does Robert see that seems to support the idea that George has left England?
(a) A letter.
(b) An inscription in a book.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A telegram.
6. With whom has Phoebe shared a secret of Lady Audley's?
(b) Mrs. Dawson.
(c) Her fiance, Luke Marks.
7. Who does Robert interrogate about the disturbance in his flat?
(a) The mortgage company.
(b) The landlord.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) The security company.
8. Who is the first neighbor to win young Lucy's affections?
(a) Robert Audley.
(b) Luke Marks.
(c) Sir Dawson.
(d) Lord Audley.
9. Why was George Talboys away from England?
(a) To make a fortune.
(b) To find his wife.
(c) To work for his father.
(d) To be with his mistress.
10. How is Robert Audley related to Lord Audley who was introduced in Chapter 1 of Volume 1?
11. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
(a) Boarding school.
(b) In his own home.
(c) A monastery.
(d) The home of George Talboys' father.
12. Who is Phoebe?
(a) Lady Audley's friend.
(b) Lady Audley's cousin.
(c) Lady Audley's sister.
(d) Lady Audley's maid.
13. What inquiries lead Robert to believe George returned to London alone?
(a) Inquiries made to Alicia Audley.
(b) Inquiries at the rail station.
(c) Inquiries made to Lady Audley.
(d) Inquiries at the inn.
14. What does Robert suggest he plans to search in hopes of finding any information about George?
(a) A diary left with George's family.
(b) George's bank accounts.
(c) Letters and papers in George's luggage.
(d) George's house in Wildernsea.
15. With whom does Lady Audley appear to have a close friendship?
(a) Her stepnephew, Robert.
(b) Her maid, Phoebe.
(c) Her stepdaughter, Alicia.
(d) Her neighbor, Mrs. Dawson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Robert find in George's trunk that appears to help his investigation?
2. Where is the first place Robert searches for George?
3. What item did this visitor give to Georgie on her visit, as discussed in Chapter 2 of Volume 2?
4. What is George's emotional state and its cause?
5. Where does Robert's own journey take him at the end of Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)