|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
(a) Lady Audley.
2. Why does Alicia believe Robert is spending a great deal of time with Lady Audley?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He suspects she is having an affair.
(c) He suspects her in George's disappearance.
(d) He wants to prove she is hurting Lord Audley.
3. How does Robert know he will find letters from Helen to George in George's luggage?
(a) He saw them.
(b) Clara told him about them.
(c) Everyone keeps love letters.
(d) Captain Maldon told him about them.
4. Why did George's father disown him?
(a) For marrying below his class.
(b) For embarassing the familiy with a drinking problem.
(c) For having a child out of wedlock.
(d) For compromising an innocent girl.
5. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) She claims fatigue.
(b) She claims an appointment.
(c) She claims a contagious disease.
(d) She claims blindness.
6. What item does George see in Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 that makes him quiet and pensive?
(a) A baby slipper and lock of hair.
(b) A picture of Helen Talboys.
(c) A partially completed portrait of Lady Audley.
(d) A painting of an infant boy similar to George's boy.
7. Where is Robert's friend determined to go until he misses the boat in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
8. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
(a) The letters are missing.
(b) The letters are there, but prove nothing.
(c) The letters are typed.
(d) The letters are written in a strange shorthand.
9. What is the name of the ship George returns to England on?
(c) Queen Mary.
10. From where has this friend of Robert's just returned?
11. What business do Phoebe and her new husband purchase?
(a) Mercury Inn.
(b) Mount Stanning Inn.
(c) Sun Inn.
(d) Day's Inn.
12. Where do Robert and George stay while in Audley village in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) Sun Inn.
(b) Day's Inn.
(c) Moon Inn.
(d) Mount Stanton Inn.
13. What inquiries lead Robert to believe George returned to London alone?
(a) Inquiries made to Lady Audley.
(b) Inquiries at the inn.
(c) Inquiries at the rail station.
(d) Inquiries made to Alicia Audley.
14. What connection does Robert make between the item he has found in George's trunk and Lady Audley?
(a) The will proves George suspected he knew Lady Audley would kill him.
(b) The letter proves Lady Audley knew George.
(c) The love letter is proof of an affair between George and Lady Audley.
(d) The book's inscription is in Lady Audley's handwriting.
15. Why does Lady Audley go out in a snowstorm to visit Robert?
(a) To apologize for Lord Audley's rude behavior.
(b) To get information about his investigation into George's disappearance.
(c) To bring a message from Alicia.
(d) To care for an illness that overcame Robert in the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
2. What visitor does Georgie's sitter attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert about?
3. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
4. With whom has Phoebe shared a secret of Lady Audley's?
5. Where is George Talboys returning to England from?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)