|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
(a) His personal papers.
(b) George's luggage.
(c) His personal safe.
(d) George's personal papers.
2. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
(a) Lady Audley.
3. What item does George see in Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 that makes him quiet and pensive?
(a) A baby slipper and lock of hair.
(b) A painting of an infant boy similar to George's boy.
(c) A partially completed portrait of Lady Audley.
(d) A picture of Helen Talboys.
4. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) A year.
5. Who is Helen Talboys?
(a) George's sister.
(b) George's daughter.
(c) George's wife.
(d) George's cousin.
6. Where does Robert go after Lady Audley leaves him?
(c) Isle of Wight.
(d) Audley Court.
7. Where is Robert's friend determined to go until he misses the boat in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
8. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) She claims fatigue.
(b) She claims an appointment.
(c) She claims blindness.
(d) She claims a contagious disease.
9. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
(a) A bruise on her wrist.
(b) A bruise on her cheek.
(c) A cut on her arm.
(d) A gash on her cheek.
10. In what newspapers does Robert tell Lady Audley he placed ads regarding George?
11. What child is Robert made guardian of in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
(a) The housekeeper's daughter.
(b) The cook's son.
(c) Luke Marks.
(d) Georgie Talboys.
12. Why does Alicia believe Robert is spending a great deal of time with Lady Audley?
(a) He suspects her in George's disappearance.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He wants to prove she is hurting Lord Audley.
(d) He suspects she is having an affair.
13. Why did George's father disown him?
(a) For marrying below his class.
(b) For embarassing the familiy with a drinking problem.
(c) For having a child out of wedlock.
(d) For compromising an innocent girl.
14. Why is Phoebe jealous of Lady Audley?
(a) Phoebe wants Lady Audley to help her marry a rich man, but Lady Audley refuses.
(b) Phoebe knows Lady Audley is not who she says she is.
(c) Phoebe dislikes Lady Audley because she had hoped to one day marry Lord Audley.
(d) Phoebe is jealous because Lady Audley was a servant like herself only three months ago.
15. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
(a) Boarding school.
(b) In his own home.
(c) A monastery.
(d) The home of George Talboys' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Phoebe?
2. Why does Phoebe let her fiance into Lady Audley's rooms?
3. To what village do Robert and his friend travel?
4. What business do Phoebe and her new husband purchase?
5. What does Robert suggest he plans to search in hopes of finding any information about George?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)