|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert choose the inn where he stays after leaving Audley Court?
(a) It is the only inn in Audley village.
(b) He hopes Luke Mark might have information on Lady Audley.
(c) It is the only inn with room during the holiday season.
(d) He hopes the owners will comp his stay.
2. What impression does Robert get while talking to Luke and Phoebe Marks?
(a) They know some secret about Lady Audley.
(b) They are good friends of Lady Audley.
(c) They know nothing about Lady Audley.
(d) They are blackmailing Lady Audley.
3. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
4. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
5. Why does Lord Audley believe Alicia turned down a proposal made to her?
(a) A crush on the neighbor's son.
(b) A crush on the groom.
(c) A crush on her cousin.
(d) A crush on a schoolmate.
6. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
(a) She claims to have seen Robert steal.
(b) She claims Robert is insane.
(c) She claims to have reason to believe Robert is leading Alicia on.
(d) She claims to be uncomfortable with Robert's attentions.
7. Who does Robert find at Captain Maldon's house, caring for Georgie?
(b) Lady Audley.
(c) Mrs. Plowson.
8. Why does Alicia Audley dislike her stepmother?
(a) Lady Audley attracts all the men.
(b) Lady Audley is abusive to Alicia's father.
(c) Lady Audley is not faithful to Alicia's father.
(d) Lady Audley is cruel to her.
9. Why is dinner canceled in Chapter 7 of Volume 1 as Robert and George are preparing to leave for Audley Court?
(a) The cook has taken ill.
(b) Lady Audley has taken ill again.
(c) Lord Audley is ill.
(d) Lady Audley has been called to the sickbed of a friend.
10. In what newspapers does Robert tell Lady Audley he placed ads regarding George?
11. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
(a) Because Lucy is using Lord Audley for his money.
(b) Because Lucy is young, beautiful, and she has stolen Lord Audley's affections.
(c) Because Alicia does not want a new stepmother.
(d) Because Alicia is jealous of her father's happiness.
12. Who is the first neighbor to win young Lucy's affections?
(a) Luke Marks.
(b) Robert Audley.
(c) Lord Audley.
(d) Sir Dawson.
13. With whom does Lady Audley appear to have a close friendship?
(a) Her stepnephew, Robert.
(b) Her stepdaughter, Alicia.
(c) Her maid, Phoebe.
(d) Her neighbor, Mrs. Dawson.
14. What does the injury Lady Audley has look like to Robert?
(a) A stab wound.
(b) The result of a punch.
(c) A hand's grip.
(d) A intentional cut.
15. What does Robert suggest he plans to search in hopes of finding any information about George?
(a) A diary left with George's family.
(b) George's house in Wildernsea.
(c) George's bank accounts.
(d) Letters and papers in George's luggage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley go out in a snowstorm to visit Robert?
2. How much time does Robert tell Lady Audley he will wait in hopes of receiving an answer to his newspaper ads?
3. What visitor does Georgie's sitter attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert about?
4. Whose obituary do Robert and his friend read in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
5. Who is Helen Talboys?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)