|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did George's father disown him?
(a) For having a child out of wedlock.
(b) For compromising an innocent girl.
(c) For embarassing the familiy with a drinking problem.
(d) For marrying below his class.
2. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
(a) The letters are written in a strange shorthand.
(b) The letters are missing.
(c) The letters are typed.
(d) The letters are there, but prove nothing.
3. Why does Phoebe let her fiance into Lady Audley's rooms?
(a) To steal her clothing.
(b) To admire her new portrait.
(c) To steal her money.
(d) To admire her belongings.
4. Why was George Talboys away from England?
(a) To find his wife.
(b) To make a fortune.
(c) To work for his father.
(d) To be with his mistress.
5. Who does George hope to visit with when he leaves Robert sleeping by the river in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) Lord Audley.
(b) Alicia Audley.
(c) Luke Marks.
(d) Lady Audley.
6. Who is Lucy Graham?
(a) A governess working for the Dawsons.
(b) A piano teacher in Wildernsea.
(c) A sea captain's daughter from Isle of Wight.
(d) A maid working for the Audleys.
7. Who is Phoebe?
(a) Lady Audley's sister.
(b) Lady Audley's cousin.
(c) Lady Audley's friend.
(d) Lady Audley's maid.
8. Where does George go when Robert falls asleep in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) To Audley Court.
(b) To Audley Village.
(c) To Isle of Wight.
(d) To London.
9. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes by the river?
(b) The market place.
(c) The inn.
(d) Audley Court.
10. How much time does Robert tell Lady Audley he will wait in hopes of receiving an answer to his newspaper ads?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One year.
11. Who does Robert interrogate about the disturbance in his flat?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) The security company.
(c) The mortgage company.
(d) The landlord.
12. What item did this visitor give to Georgie on her visit, as discussed in Chapter 2 of Volume 2?
(a) A gun.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) A music box.
(d) A watch.
13. With whom does Lady Audley appear to have a close friendship?
(a) Her maid, Phoebe.
(b) Her stepdaughter, Alicia.
(c) Her neighbor, Mrs. Dawson.
(d) Her stepnephew, Robert.
14. Where is Robert told George has gone?
15. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
(a) Because Lucy is using Lord Audley for his money.
(b) Because Alicia does not want a new stepmother.
(c) Because Alicia is jealous of her father's happiness.
(d) Because Lucy is young, beautiful, and she has stolen Lord Audley's affections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert begin to doubt that George has left England?
2. What recreation do George and Robert decide to participate in in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
3. What is George's emotional state and its cause?
4. Who is the first neighbor to win young Lucy's affections?
5. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)