|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does George go when Robert falls asleep in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) To London.
(b) To Audley Court.
(c) To Isle of Wight.
(d) To Audley Village.
2. Where is Robert's friend determined to go until he misses the boat in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
3. Who does Robert run into by coincidence in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Michael Audley.
(b) Alicia Audley.
(c) George Talboys.
(d) Helen Talboys.
4. How is Robert Audley related to Lord Audley who was introduced in Chapter 1 of Volume 1?
5. What connection does Robert make between the item he has found in George's trunk and Lady Audley?
(a) The book's inscription is in Lady Audley's handwriting.
(b) The will proves George suspected he knew Lady Audley would kill him.
(c) The letter proves Lady Audley knew George.
(d) The love letter is proof of an affair between George and Lady Audley.
6. With whom has Phoebe shared a secret of Lady Audley's?
(c) Her fiance, Luke Marks.
(d) Mrs. Dawson.
7. Why does Robert begin to doubt that George has left England?
(a) He is not listed as a passenger on any ships.
(b) He is not listed as a passenger on the train records.
(c) He is not listed on rental records for local carriages.
(d) He has not taken his luggage.
8. What is George's emotional state and its cause?
(a) George is grief stricken over the death of his wife.
(b) George is happy to be back in England.
(c) George is anxious to face his family.
(d) George is bored and ready to leave Robert's company.
9. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes by the river?
(a) The inn.
(b) Audley Court.
(d) The market place.
10. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
(a) George's personal papers.
(b) George's luggage.
(c) His personal papers.
(d) His personal safe.
11. Why does Robert spend a great deal of time around Lady Audley?
(a) He suspects she knows something about George.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He suspects she is having an affair.
(d) He suspects her of hurting his uncle.
12. Who is Captain Maldon?
(a) George's father-in-law.
(b) George's brother.
(c) Robert's father.
(d) Robert's cousin.
13. What is the name of the area where Robert's flat is located?
(a) Apple Tree Court.
(b) Lime Walk.
(c) Fig Tree Court.
(d) Lemon Way.
14. Who is Lucy Graham?
(a) A sea captain's daughter from Isle of Wight.
(b) A maid working for the Audleys.
(c) A piano teacher in Wildernsea.
(d) A governess working for the Dawsons.
15. Why does Lady Audley go out in a snowstorm to visit Robert?
(a) To get information about his investigation into George's disappearance.
(b) To apologize for Lord Audley's rude behavior.
(c) To bring a message from Alicia.
(d) To care for an illness that overcame Robert in the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place Robert searches for George?
2. What is the name of the ship George returns to England on?
3. Who does Robert interrogate about the disturbance in his flat?
4. Why can Alicia not show Robert and George Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 when they come to visit?
5. Who is Phoebe?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)