|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Robert find in George's trunk that appears to help his investigation?
(a) A will naming Robert George's sole heir.
(b) A letter from Lady Audley.
(c) A book with an inscription from Helen.
(d) A book with a love letter tucked inside.
2. With whom is Robert's friend hoping to reconnect?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
3. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
(d) Lady Audley.
4. Where does Robert finally meet Lady Audley?
(a) Driving in his uncle's new automobile.
(b) At the river.
(c) Driving in his uncle's carriage.
(d) At Audley Court.
5. How is Robert Audley related to Lord Audley who was introduced in Chapter 1 of Volume 1?
6. Why was George Talboys away from England?
(a) To make a fortune.
(b) To be with his mistress.
(c) To find his wife.
(d) To work for his father.
7. Why does Robert begin to doubt that George has left England?
(a) He has not taken his luggage.
(b) He is not listed as a passenger on any ships.
(c) He is not listed as a passenger on the train records.
(d) He is not listed on rental records for local carriages.
8. Which house guest proposes marriage to Alicia Audley?
(a) Sir Harry Towers.
(b) Robert Audley.
(c) George Talboys.
(d) Sir Richard Dawson.
9. Where is Robert told George has gone?
10. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes by the river?
(b) The market place.
(c) The inn.
(d) Audley Court.
11. What form of transportation does Robert believe George took on his trip?
(b) Wagon train.
12. Who does Robert interview about George's whereabouts?
(a) Lady Audley.
(b) Luke Marks.
(c) Alicia Audley.
(d) Captain Maldon.
13. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
(a) The letters are missing.
(b) The letters are typed.
(c) The letters are there, but prove nothing.
(d) The letters are written in a strange shorthand.
14. Why does Robert spend a great deal of time around Lady Audley?
(a) He suspects she is having an affair.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He suspects she knows something about George.
(d) He suspects her of hurting his uncle.
15. What does Robert tell Captain Maldon to do with the information Robert has given him?
(a) To inform the deceased's family.
(b) To go to the newspapers.
(c) To leave the country and never retunr.
(d) To warn whoever needs to be warned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
2. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
3. In what newspapers does Robert tell Lady Audley he placed ads regarding George?
4. Where does Robert go after being asked to leave Audley Court?
5. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)