|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose obituary do Robert and his friend read in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Helen Talboys'.
(b) Michael Audley's.
(c) Mary Braddon's.
(d) Captain Maldon's.
2. What does Robert suggest he plans to search in hopes of finding any information about George?
(a) A diary left with George's family.
(b) George's bank accounts.
(c) George's house in Wildernsea.
(d) Letters and papers in George's luggage.
3. Where is Robert told George has gone?
4. What recreation do George and Robert decide to participate in in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
5. Why is dinner canceled in Chapter 7 of Volume 1 as Robert and George are preparing to leave for Audley Court?
(a) Lord Audley is ill.
(b) Lady Audley has taken ill again.
(c) The cook has taken ill.
(d) Lady Audley has been called to the sickbed of a friend.
6. What causes George to become angry with Robert during the storm in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) George becomes angry that Robert does not want to return to London.
(b) George becomes angry with Robert's teasing.
(c) George becomes angry that Robert speaks against Lady Audley.
(d) George becomes angry because he is frightened of the storm.
7. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
(a) A bruise on her cheek.
(b) A cut on her arm.
(c) A bruise on her wrist.
(d) A gash on her cheek.
8. In what newspapers does Robert tell Lady Audley he placed ads regarding George?
9. Why does Robert choose the inn where he stays after leaving Audley Court?
(a) He hopes the owners will comp his stay.
(b) It is the only inn with room during the holiday season.
(c) It is the only inn in Audley village.
(d) He hopes Luke Mark might have information on Lady Audley.
10. Why do Robert and George not return to London as planned in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
(a) George's carriage has a broken wheel.
(b) Robert needs to attend to business with his uncle.
(c) Robert has a headache.
(d) George wants to see Audley Court.
11. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
12. Where does George go when Robert falls asleep in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) To Audley Village.
(b) To Audley Court.
(c) To Isle of Wight.
(d) To London.
13. Who does Robert find at Captain Maldon's house, caring for Georgie?
(c) Lady Audley.
(d) Mrs. Plowson.
14. Why does Alicia believe Robert is spending a great deal of time with Lady Audley?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He suspects she is having an affair.
(c) He wants to prove she is hurting Lord Audley.
(d) He suspects her in George's disappearance.
15. From where has this friend of Robert's just returned?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert run into by coincidence in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
2. Who does Robert interview about George's whereabouts?
3. What business do Phoebe and her new husband purchase?
4. Where does Robert go after being asked to leave Audley Court?
5. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)