|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) A day.
(d) A year.
2. Why does Alicia Audley dislike her stepmother?
(a) Lady Audley is not faithful to Alicia's father.
(b) Lady Audley attracts all the men.
(c) Lady Audley is cruel to her.
(d) Lady Audley is abusive to Alicia's father.
3. With whom is Robert's friend hoping to reconnect?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
4. What does Robert tell Captain Maldon to do with the information Robert has given him?
(a) To go to the newspapers.
(b) To warn whoever needs to be warned.
(c) To leave the country and never retunr.
(d) To inform the deceased's family.
5. What draws men to Lady Audley?
(a) Her charm.
(b) Her vivacious personality.
(c) All the above.
(d) Her beauty.
6. Where is Robert told George has gone?
7. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
(a) The home of George Talboys' father.
(b) In his own home.
(c) A monastery.
(d) Boarding school.
8. What else does Robert find in George's trunk that appears to help his investigation?
(a) A book with an inscription from Helen.
(b) A letter from Lady Audley.
(c) A will naming Robert George's sole heir.
(d) A book with a love letter tucked inside.
9. Who does Robert interview about George's whereabouts?
(a) Lady Audley.
(b) Alicia Audley.
(c) Captain Maldon.
(d) Luke Marks.
10. Where does Robert decide to begin his search for George?
11. What item does George see in Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 that makes him quiet and pensive?
(a) A partially completed portrait of Lady Audley.
(b) A baby slipper and lock of hair.
(c) A painting of an infant boy similar to George's boy.
(d) A picture of Helen Talboys.
12. Who does Robert sea at the London train station?
(a) Lord Audley.
(b) George Talboys.
(c) Clara Talboys.
(d) Lady Audley.
13. To what village do Robert and his friend travel?
(c) Isle of Wight.
14. Where does Lady Audley go after leaving Robert?
(c) Audley Court.
(d) Isle of Wight.
15. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
(a) A picture of Helen Talboys.
(b) A love letter from Robert Audley.
(c) A baby slipper and a snippet of hair.
(d) A diamond brooch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the invitation to Audley Court revoked in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
2. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
3. From where has this friend of Robert's just returned?
4. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
5. Who is Lucy Graham?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)