|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
(d) Lady Audley.
2. Why does Robert come to the conclusion that he has to take Georgie from the custody of his grandfather?
(a) Robert suspects Captain Maldon is not Georgie's real grandfather.
(b) Robert suspects Captain Maldon heled kill George.
(c) Robert suspects Captain Maldon means the child harm.
(d) Robert suspects Lady Audley plans to kidnap Georgie from his grandfather.
3. How does Lady Audley explain the injury Robert notices?
(a) A tight ribbon.
(b) A rose thorn.
(c) A cooking accident.
(d) A clumsy fall.
4. What is the name of the area where Robert's flat is located?
(a) Lemon Way.
(b) Fig Tree Court.
(c) Apple Tree Court.
(d) Lime Walk.
5. Where is George Talboys returning to England from?
6. Who is Lucy Graham?
(a) A maid working for the Audleys.
(b) A governess working for the Dawsons.
(c) A piano teacher in Wildernsea.
(d) A sea captain's daughter from Isle of Wight.
7. Why does Robert spend a great deal of time around Lady Audley?
(a) He suspects she is having an affair.
(b) He suspects she knows something about George.
(c) He suspects her of hurting his uncle.
(d) He is in love with her.
8. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
9. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
(a) A picture of Helen Talboys.
(b) A love letter from Robert Audley.
(c) A baby slipper and a snippet of hair.
(d) A diamond brooch.
10. How much time does Robert tell Lady Audley he will wait in hopes of receiving an answer to his newspaper ads?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
11. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
(a) The letters are typed.
(b) The letters are there, but prove nothing.
(c) The letters are written in a strange shorthand.
(d) The letters are missing.
12. Where is Robert's friend determined to go until he misses the boat in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
13. What does the injury Lady Audley has look like to Robert?
(a) The result of a punch.
(b) A stab wound.
(c) A hand's grip.
(d) A intentional cut.
14. Why does Robert request an invitation to visit Audley Court in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) To visit his cousin, the love of his life.
(b) To visit his uncle and meet his new aunt.
(c) To visit his uncle and give George more vacation time.
(d) To inquire as to his inheritance.
15. What child is Robert made guardian of in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
(a) The cook's son.
(b) The housekeeper's daughter.
(c) Georgie Talboys.
(d) Luke Marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business do Phoebe and her new husband purchase?
2. What does Robert suggest he plans to search in hopes of finding any information about George?
3. What inquiries lead Robert to believe George returned to London alone?
4. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
5. Who is Helen Talboys?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)