|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Phoebe jealous of Lady Audley?
(a) Phoebe wants Lady Audley to help her marry a rich man, but Lady Audley refuses.
(b) Phoebe is jealous because Lady Audley was a servant like herself only three months ago.
(c) Phoebe dislikes Lady Audley because she had hoped to one day marry Lord Audley.
(d) Phoebe knows Lady Audley is not who she says she is.
2. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) A year.
(b) A day.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
3. What does the injury Lady Audley has look like to Robert?
(a) A intentional cut.
(b) The result of a punch.
(c) A hand's grip.
(d) A stab wound.
4. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
(a) A monastery.
(b) The home of George Talboys' father.
(c) In his own home.
(d) Boarding school.
5. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
6. Who is the only person who is known to have been at Fig Tree Court in Robert's absence?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) Helen Talboys.
(c) A plumber.
(d) Lady Audley.
7. Why does Robert choose the inn where he stays after leaving Audley Court?
(a) It is the only inn in Audley village.
(b) He hopes the owners will comp his stay.
(c) He hopes Luke Mark might have information on Lady Audley.
(d) It is the only inn with room during the holiday season.
8. To what village do Robert and his friend travel?
(d) Isle of Wight.
9. What connection does Robert make between the item he has found in George's trunk and Lady Audley?
(a) The book's inscription is in Lady Audley's handwriting.
(b) The love letter is proof of an affair between George and Lady Audley.
(c) The letter proves Lady Audley knew George.
(d) The will proves George suspected he knew Lady Audley would kill him.
10. What form of transportation does Robert believe George took on his trip?
(a) Wagon train.
11. Why can Alicia not show Robert and George Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 when they come to visit?
(a) Lady Audley locks the rooms and keeps the key.
(b) Lord Audley is having the rooms fumigated.
(c) Lady Audley has refused Alicia entry into her rooms.
(d) Lord Audley is having the rooms redecorated.
12. How much time does Robert tell Lady Audley he will wait in hopes of receiving an answer to his newspaper ads?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One year.
13. Why does Robert request an invitation to visit Audley Court in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) To visit his uncle and give George more vacation time.
(b) To visit his uncle and meet his new aunt.
(c) To inquire as to his inheritance.
(d) To visit his cousin, the love of his life.
14. Who does Phoebe marry in Chapter 15 of Volume 1?
(a) Robert Audley.
(b) Daniel O'Brien.
(c) Mr. Dawson.
(d) Luke Marks.
15. How does Robert know he will find letters from Helen to George in George's luggage?
(a) Everyone keeps love letters.
(b) Captain Maldon told him about them.
(c) He saw them.
(d) Clara told him about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Robert and George not return to London as planned in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
2. Why does Phoebe let her fiance into Lady Audley's rooms?
3. Who does George hope to visit with when he leaves Robert sleeping by the river in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
4. What else does Robert find in George's trunk that appears to help his investigation?
5. How is Robert Audley related to Lord Audley who was introduced in Chapter 1 of Volume 1?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)