Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Robert go for dinner after George disappears?
(a) Audley village.
(b) Mount Stanton Inn.
(c) Sun Inn.
(d) Audley Court.
2. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
(a) The home of George Talboys' father.
(b) In his own home.
(c) A monastery.
(d) Boarding school.
3. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
(a) A gash on her cheek.
(b) A cut on her arm.
(c) A bruise on her cheek.
(d) A bruise on her wrist.
4. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
(a) She claims to have reason to believe Robert is leading Alicia on.
(b) She claims to be uncomfortable with Robert's attentions.
(c) She claims Robert is insane.
(d) She claims to have seen Robert steal.
5. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
(a) A baby slipper and a snippet of hair.
(b) A picture of Helen Talboys.
(c) A diamond brooch.
(d) A love letter from Robert Audley.
6. Who is Lucy Graham?
(a) A piano teacher in Wildernsea.
(b) A sea captain's daughter from Isle of Wight.
(c) A governess working for the Dawsons.
(d) A maid working for the Audleys.
7. Who does Robert interview about George's whereabouts?
(a) Alicia Audley.
(b) Lady Audley.
(c) Luke Marks.
(d) Captain Maldon.
8. Who is Helen Talboys?
(a) George's sister.
(b) George's daughter.
(c) George's wife.
(d) George's cousin.
9. Where did Phoebe and her new husband get the money to purchase their new business?
(a) Lady Audley.
(b) A wedding gift.
(c) Hard work.
(d) A family inheritance.
10. Why do Robert and George not return to London as planned in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
(a) George's carriage has a broken wheel.
(b) George wants to see Audley Court.
(c) Robert has a headache.
(d) Robert needs to attend to business with his uncle.
11. What item did this visitor give to Georgie on her visit, as discussed in Chapter 2 of Volume 2?
(a) A music box.
(b) A gun.
(c) A watch.
(d) A fishing pole.
12. What makes Robert suspect George ran into some serious misfortune?
(a) It is not like George to disappear without leaving word.
(b) George would not leave the country without his luggage.
(c) George would not leave the country without his wife and child.
(d) George would not leave the country without his medication.
13. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
(a) Because Lucy is young, beautiful, and she has stolen Lord Audley's affections.
(b) Because Alicia is jealous of her father's happiness.
(c) Because Alicia does not want a new stepmother.
(d) Because Lucy is using Lord Audley for his money.
14. Who does George hope to visit with when he leaves Robert sleeping by the river in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) Luke Marks.
(b) Lady Audley.
(c) Alicia Audley.
(d) Lord Audley.
15. Why does Robert choose the inn where he stays after leaving Audley Court?
(a) It is the only inn with room during the holiday season.
(b) It is the only inn in Audley village.
(c) He hopes Luke Mark might have information on Lady Audley.
(d) He hopes the owners will comp his stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Robert tell Lady Audley he will wait in hopes of receiving an answer to his newspaper ads?
2. How do Robert and George get into Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
3. Who does Robert interrogate about the disturbance in his flat?
4. Where is the first place Robert searches for George?
5. Why does Robert request an invitation to visit Audley Court in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)