|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of transportation does Robert believe George took on his trip?
(a) Wagon train.
2. What child is Robert made guardian of in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
(a) The cook's son.
(b) The housekeeper's daughter.
(c) Luke Marks.
(d) Georgie Talboys.
3. Who does Robert interview about George's whereabouts?
(a) Luke Marks.
(b) Captain Maldon.
(c) Alicia Audley.
(d) Lady Audley.
4. Why does Robert choose the inn where he stays after leaving Audley Court?
(a) He hopes the owners will comp his stay.
(b) It is the only inn in Audley village.
(c) It is the only inn with room during the holiday season.
(d) He hopes Luke Mark might have information on Lady Audley.
5. What else does Robert find in George's trunk that appears to help his investigation?
(a) A book with a love letter tucked inside.
(b) A will naming Robert George's sole heir.
(c) A letter from Lady Audley.
(d) A book with an inscription from Helen.
6. What is the name of the area where Robert's flat is located?
(a) Fig Tree Court.
(b) Apple Tree Court.
(c) Lemon Way.
(d) Lime Walk.
7. Why is Phoebe jealous of Lady Audley?
(a) Phoebe wants Lady Audley to help her marry a rich man, but Lady Audley refuses.
(b) Phoebe is jealous because Lady Audley was a servant like herself only three months ago.
(c) Phoebe dislikes Lady Audley because she had hoped to one day marry Lord Audley.
(d) Phoebe knows Lady Audley is not who she says she is.
8. Where does Robert finally meet Lady Audley?
(a) Driving in his uncle's new automobile.
(b) At the river.
(c) Driving in his uncle's carriage.
(d) At Audley Court.
9. How does Lady Audley explain the injury Robert notices?
(a) A rose thorn.
(b) A clumsy fall.
(c) A tight ribbon.
(d) A cooking accident.
10. What conversation does Robert overhear that gives credence to the idea that someone broke into his flat?
(a) One about a corrupt cop.
(b) One about a dirty, uncouth man.
(c) One about a graceful woman.
(d) One about a corrupt housekeeper.
11. Why can Alicia not show Robert and George Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 when they come to visit?
(a) Lady Audley locks the rooms and keeps the key.
(b) Lord Audley is having the rooms redecorated.
(c) Lord Audley is having the rooms fumigated.
(d) Lady Audley has refused Alicia entry into her rooms.
12. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
13. What is the name of the ship George returns to England on?
(b) Queen Mary.
14. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
(a) The letters are missing.
(b) The letters are there, but prove nothing.
(c) The letters are written in a strange shorthand.
(d) The letters are typed.
15. Which house guest proposes marriage to Alicia Audley?
(a) Robert Audley.
(b) George Talboys.
(c) Sir Harry Towers.
(d) Sir Richard Dawson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert decide to begin his search for George?
2. Who does Robert think might have had reason to enter his apartment?
3. Where does George go when Robert falls asleep in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
4. How does Robert know he will find letters from Helen to George in George's luggage?
5. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)