|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does George go when Robert falls asleep in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) To Isle of Wight.
(b) To Audley Village.
(c) To London.
(d) To Audley Court.
2. What inquiries lead Robert to believe George returned to London alone?
(a) Inquiries at the inn.
(b) Inquiries at the rail station.
(c) Inquiries made to Alicia Audley.
(d) Inquiries made to Lady Audley.
3. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
(a) A love letter from Robert Audley.
(b) A diamond brooch.
(c) A picture of Helen Talboys.
(d) A baby slipper and a snippet of hair.
4. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
(a) The home of George Talboys' father.
(b) A monastery.
(c) In his own home.
(d) Boarding school.
5. What item did this visitor give to Georgie on her visit, as discussed in Chapter 2 of Volume 2?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) A music box.
(c) A gun.
(d) A watch.
6. Who is Helen Talboys?
(a) George's wife.
(b) George's sister.
(c) George's cousin.
(d) George's daughter.
7. Why does Robert begin to doubt that George has left England?
(a) He is not listed as a passenger on any ships.
(b) He is not listed on rental records for local carriages.
(c) He has not taken his luggage.
(d) He is not listed as a passenger on the train records.
8. Why was George Talboys away from England?
(a) To be with his mistress.
(b) To make a fortune.
(c) To work for his father.
(d) To find his wife.
9. Where is George Talboys returning to England from?
10. Where does Robert go for dinner after George disappears?
(a) Audley village.
(b) Sun Inn.
(c) Audley Court.
(d) Mount Stanton Inn.
11. What is the name of the ship George returns to England on?
(c) Queen Mary.
12. Why does Robert come to the conclusion that he has to take Georgie from the custody of his grandfather?
(a) Robert suspects Captain Maldon heled kill George.
(b) Robert suspects Captain Maldon means the child harm.
(c) Robert suspects Captain Maldon is not Georgie's real grandfather.
(d) Robert suspects Lady Audley plans to kidnap Georgie from his grandfather.
13. Where does Robert go after being asked to leave Audley Court?
(a) Moon Inn.
(b) Day's Inn.
(c) Sun Inn.
(d) Mount Stanning Inn.
14. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
(a) A bruise on her wrist.
(b) A gash on her cheek.
(c) A cut on her arm.
(d) A bruise on her cheek.
15. What does Robert tell Captain Maldon to do with the information Robert has given him?
(a) To go to the newspapers.
(b) To inform the deceased's family.
(c) To warn whoever needs to be warned.
(d) To leave the country and never retunr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
2. What else does Robert find in George's trunk that appears to help his investigation?
3. Where does Robert go after Lady Audley leaves him?
4. Who does Phoebe marry in Chapter 15 of Volume 1?
5. What visitor does Georgie's sitter attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert about?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)