|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes George to become angry with Robert during the storm in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) George becomes angry with Robert's teasing.
(b) George becomes angry that Robert does not want to return to London.
(c) George becomes angry because he is frightened of the storm.
(d) George becomes angry that Robert speaks against Lady Audley.
2. Where is George Talboys returning to England from?
3. Where do Robert and George stay while in Audley village in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) Sun Inn.
(b) Moon Inn.
(c) Day's Inn.
(d) Mount Stanton Inn.
4. Why did George's father disown him?
(a) For embarassing the familiy with a drinking problem.
(b) For marrying below his class.
(c) For having a child out of wedlock.
(d) For compromising an innocent girl.
5. What item does George see in Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 that makes him quiet and pensive?
(a) A picture of Helen Talboys.
(b) A baby slipper and lock of hair.
(c) A partially completed portrait of Lady Audley.
(d) A painting of an infant boy similar to George's boy.
6. Where does Lady Audley go after leaving Robert?
(b) Audley Court.
(c) Isle of Wight.
7. Why does Lady Audley go out in a snowstorm to visit Robert?
(a) To care for an illness that overcame Robert in the night.
(b) To bring a message from Alicia.
(c) To apologize for Lord Audley's rude behavior.
(d) To get information about his investigation into George's disappearance.
8. Where does Robert go after being asked to leave Audley Court?
(a) Mount Stanning Inn.
(b) Day's Inn.
(c) Moon Inn.
(d) Sun Inn.
9. What connection does Robert make between the item he has found in George's trunk and Lady Audley?
(a) The will proves George suspected he knew Lady Audley would kill him.
(b) The book's inscription is in Lady Audley's handwriting.
(c) The love letter is proof of an affair between George and Lady Audley.
(d) The letter proves Lady Audley knew George.
10. What item did this visitor give to Georgie on her visit, as discussed in Chapter 2 of Volume 2?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) A music box.
(c) A gun.
(d) A watch.
11. What item does Robert see that seems to support the idea that George has left England?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A letter.
(c) A telegram.
(d) An inscription in a book.
12. Why was George Talboys away from England?
(a) To find his wife.
(b) To make a fortune.
(c) To work for his father.
(d) To be with his mistress.
13. Why does Robert spend a great deal of time around Lady Audley?
(a) He suspects she knows something about George.
(b) He suspects she is having an affair.
(c) He suspects her of hurting his uncle.
(d) He is in love with her.
14. What makes Robert suspect George ran into some serious misfortune?
(a) It is not like George to disappear without leaving word.
(b) George would not leave the country without his luggage.
(c) George would not leave the country without his medication.
(d) George would not leave the country without his wife and child.
15. What recreation do George and Robert decide to participate in in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where has this friend of Robert's just returned?
2. Who does Robert sea at the London train station?
3. Where does Robert decide to begin his search for George?
4. Why is the invitation to Audley Court revoked in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
5. Where does Robert go for dinner after George disappears?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)