|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business do Phoebe and her new husband purchase?
(a) Sun Inn.
(b) Mount Stanning Inn.
(c) Mercury Inn.
(d) Day's Inn.
2. Which house guest proposes marriage to Alicia Audley?
(a) George Talboys.
(b) Sir Richard Dawson.
(c) Robert Audley.
(d) Sir Harry Towers.
3. Why does Lord Audley believe Alicia turned down a proposal made to her?
(a) A crush on the neighbor's son.
(b) A crush on the groom.
(c) A crush on her cousin.
(d) A crush on a schoolmate.
4. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
(a) A gash on her cheek.
(b) A cut on her arm.
(c) A bruise on her cheek.
(d) A bruise on her wrist.
5. With whom is Robert's friend hoping to reconnect?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
6. Where does George go when Robert falls asleep in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) To Audley Village.
(b) To Audley Court.
(c) To Isle of Wight.
(d) To London.
7. From what illness does Captain Maldon appear to suffer?
(a) Drug addiction.
(c) Mental illness.
8. Where is Robert's friend determined to go until he misses the boat in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
9. Where is George Talboys returning to England from?
10. What form of transportation does Robert believe George took on his trip?
(c) Wagon train.
11. What recreation do George and Robert decide to participate in in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
12. Where do Robert and George stay while in Audley village in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) Sun Inn.
(b) Day's Inn.
(c) Moon Inn.
(d) Mount Stanton Inn.
13. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes by the river?
(b) The inn.
(c) The market place.
(d) Audley Court.
14. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
(b) New Years.
(d) Boxer Day.
15. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
(a) The letters are there, but prove nothing.
(b) The letters are typed.
(c) The letters are written in a strange shorthand.
(d) The letters are missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert interrogate about the disturbance in his flat?
2. Where does Robert's own journey take him at the end of Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
3. Who does Robert sea at the London train station?
4. What conversation does Robert overhear that gives credence to the idea that someone broke into his flat?
5. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)