|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Phoebe and her new husband get the money to purchase their new business?
(a) Hard work.
(b) A wedding gift.
(c) Lady Audley.
(d) A family inheritance.
2. Who does Robert run into by coincidence in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
(a) Alicia Audley.
(b) Michael Audley.
(c) Helen Talboys.
(d) George Talboys.
3. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
(a) Boxer Day.
(c) New Years.
4. What child is Robert made guardian of in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
(a) The cook's son.
(b) The housekeeper's daughter.
(c) Georgie Talboys.
(d) Luke Marks.
5. From where has this friend of Robert's just returned?
6. Who is Helen Talboys?
(a) George's wife.
(b) George's cousin.
(c) George's sister.
(d) George's daughter.
7. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
(a) The letters are there, but prove nothing.
(b) The letters are written in a strange shorthand.
(c) The letters are missing.
(d) The letters are typed.
8. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
(a) George's personal papers.
(b) George's luggage.
(c) His personal safe.
(d) His personal papers.
9. Why did George's father disown him?
(a) For having a child out of wedlock.
(b) For marrying below his class.
(c) For embarassing the familiy with a drinking problem.
(d) For compromising an innocent girl.
10. Who is the first neighbor to win young Lucy's affections?
(a) Luke Marks.
(b) Sir Dawson.
(c) Robert Audley.
(d) Lord Audley.
11. What item does George see in Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 that makes him quiet and pensive?
(a) A partially completed portrait of Lady Audley.
(b) A picture of Helen Talboys.
(c) A baby slipper and lock of hair.
(d) A painting of an infant boy similar to George's boy.
12. What draws men to Lady Audley?
(a) All the above.
(b) Her charm.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her vivacious personality.
13. Where does Robert decide to begin his search for George?
14. What conversation does Robert overhear that gives credence to the idea that someone broke into his flat?
(a) One about a graceful woman.
(b) One about a corrupt cop.
(c) One about a corrupt housekeeper.
(d) One about a dirty, uncouth man.
15. Where does Robert go after being asked to leave Audley Court?
(a) Moon Inn.
(b) Sun Inn.
(c) Mount Stanning Inn.
(d) Day's Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert go after Lady Audley leaves him?
2. Why does Robert spend a great deal of time around Lady Audley?
3. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
4. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
5. Where does Robert's own journey take him at the end of Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)