|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume I: Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phoebe let her fiance into Lady Audley's rooms?
(a) To admire her new portrait.
(b) To steal her clothing.
(c) To admire her belongings.
(d) To steal her money.
2. What does Robert try to avoid in everyday affairs?
3. Why does Alicia Audley dislike her stepmother?
(a) Lady Audley is abusive to Alicia's father.
(b) Lady Audley is not faithful to Alicia's father.
(c) Lady Audley attracts all the men.
(d) Lady Audley is cruel to her.
4. What child is Robert made guardian of in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
(a) Georgie Talboys.
(b) Luke Marks.
(c) The cook's son.
(d) The housekeeper's daughter.
5. What causes George to become angry with Robert during the storm in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) George becomes angry that Robert speaks against Lady Audley.
(b) George becomes angry that Robert does not want to return to London.
(c) George becomes angry with Robert's teasing.
(d) George becomes angry because he is frightened of the storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
2. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
3. Why is Phoebe jealous of Lady Audley?
4. Where is the first place Robert searches for George?
5. Why do Robert and George not return to London as planned in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)