|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume I, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inquiries lead Robert to believe George returned to London alone?
(a) Inquiries at the rail station.
(b) Inquiries at the inn.
(c) Inquiries made to Alicia Audley.
(d) Inquiries made to Lady Audley.
2. Where does George go when Robert falls asleep in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) To Audley Village.
(b) To Audley Court.
(c) To London.
(d) To Isle of Wight.
3. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
(a) Because Lucy is young, beautiful, and she has stolen Lord Audley's affections.
(b) Because Alicia is jealous of her father's happiness.
(c) Because Lucy is using Lord Audley for his money.
(d) Because Alicia does not want a new stepmother.
4. Why is dinner canceled in Chapter 7 of Volume 1 as Robert and George are preparing to leave for Audley Court?
(a) Lady Audley has taken ill again.
(b) The cook has taken ill.
(c) Lord Audley is ill.
(d) Lady Audley has been called to the sickbed of a friend.
5. Why can Alicia not show Robert and George Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1 when they come to visit?
(a) Lord Audley is having the rooms fumigated.
(b) Lady Audley has refused Alicia entry into her rooms.
(c) Lady Audley locks the rooms and keeps the key.
(d) Lord Audley is having the rooms redecorated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
2. What recreation do George and Robert decide to participate in in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
3. Why is Phoebe jealous of Lady Audley?
4. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
5. Why does Robert request an invitation to visit Audley Court in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)