|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume III: Chapters IV - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Phoebe unhappy owning an inn?
(a) Because her husband has become a drunkard.
(b) Because the work is too hard.
(c) Because the guests are too demanding.
(d) Because they do not make enough money.
2. What does Clara say is Halcourt Talboys' reason for treating Robert and his news as he did?
(a) Halcourt thinks George's disappearance is a trick to regain his lost inheritance.
(b) Halcourt never liked George anyway.
(c) Halcourt killed George himself.
(d) Halcourt is senile.
3. What child is Robert made guardian of in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
(a) The cook's son.
(b) Georgie Talboys.
(c) The housekeeper's daughter.
(d) Luke Marks.
4. Why does Robert believe Lady Audley might leave Audley Court without his interference?
(a) Knowledge of the letters Clara provided Robert.
(b) The warning Captain Maldon should have given her.
(c) A warning from Clara Talboys.
(d) Knowledge of Robert's continued investigation.
5. Where is Robert's friend determined to go until he misses the boat in Chapter 6 of Volume 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was George Talboys away from England?
2. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
3. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
4. Which house guest proposes marriage to Alicia Audley?
5. What idea does Phoebe plant in Lady Audley's mind during their conversation?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)