Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caleb say Kevin went to buy drugs during his law school visit in "When in Rome"?
2. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
3. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
4. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
5. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the differing roles the author constructs for adults and teenagers/children in these stories. Consider how they interact with each other as well as themselves. What message is conveyed about age groups?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is this collection realistic fiction? Define the genre and assess the collection to see if it fits. What other genres might be applicable to this collection? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how success is defined in this collection of stories. Compare and contrast the definitions of success in a few of the stories. How are these definitions made? Who ends up being successful and why? What overall theme of success is developed when you consider the collection as a whole?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)