Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caleb say Kevin went to buy drugs during his law school visit in "When in Rome"?
2. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
3. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
4. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
5. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
Analyze the use of dialogue in these stories to develop the plot, characters and themes. In what ways is the use of dialogue strong? In what ways is it weak? How does the author's style of dialogue affect the reader's understanding of the story and themes?
Analyze family as a reoccurring topic and theme in this collection. What role does family play in the individual stories? What is the commentary presented about this topic?
Analyze the role of setting in this book. Consider how the setting influences the character, plot and themes. How does the setting sometimes act as a character itself? How is the setting often a symbol? What is effective and ineffective about Adam Ross' use of setting throughout this book?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)