Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caleb say Kevin went to buy drugs during his law school visit in "When in Rome"?
2. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
3. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
4. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
5. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
Essay Topic 1
Most of the stories in this collection are centered on male characters and male concerns. How does this focus affect the definitions of gender within the text? What role/roles is/are assigned to women? What commentary on gender appears throughout this collection?
Essay Topic 2
The stories in this collection are narrated by both first and third person narrators. Examine the use of both styles of narration. Why does the author use each when he does? What purpose does each style of narration have? What are the strengths and weaknesses of both styles in this collection?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters in this collection of stories are opposites of one another. Analyze the use of opposite characters within a story or stories. How do they develop the plot? How do they develop the themes?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)