Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caleb say Kevin went to buy drugs during his law school visit in "When in Rome"?
2. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
3. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
4. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
5. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the collection as a whole. Is there an overall theme that runs through each story? Define and analyze this theme. What does the author convey about this theme after reading every story?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how success is defined in this collection of stories. Compare and contrast the definitions of success in a few of the stories. How are these definitions made? Who ends up being successful and why? What overall theme of success is developed when you consider the collection as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the differing roles the author constructs for adults and teenagers/children in these stories. Consider how they interact with each other as well as themselves. What message is conveyed about age groups?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)