|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
2. How does Maria say she reacted to seeing Lisa's dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
3. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
4. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
5. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze family as a reoccurring topic and theme in this collection. What role does family play in the individual stories? What is the commentary presented about this topic?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how success is defined in this collection of stories. Compare and contrast the definitions of success in a few of the stories. How are these definitions made? Who ends up being successful and why? What overall theme of success is developed when you consider the collection as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use mirroring in these stories? Choose at least three stories and analyze how mirroring among the characters and setting is used. What makes this device effective or ineffective?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)