Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Middleman," how old is Joshua?
2. At the end of "In the Basement," what does Carla tell the narrator?
3. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
4. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
5. In "In the Basement," how do Nicholas and Maria feel about Lisa's house?
Many of the stories in this collection have vague or unclear endings. What role do these endings serve? What do the endings bring to a close? What message does the author convey with vague endings?
Analyze the use of dialogue in these stories to develop the plot, characters and themes. In what ways is the use of dialogue strong? In what ways is it weak? How does the author's style of dialogue affect the reader's understanding of the story and themes?
Compare and contrast the differing roles the author constructs for adults and teenagers/children in these stories. Consider how they interact with each other as well as themselves. What message is conveyed about age groups?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)