|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
(a) Because he is working on his dissertation.
(b) Because he always quits his jobs.
(c) Because he was fired for stealing.
(d) Because he is undereducated.
2. In "In the Basement," why does Nicholas say Lisa's husband's family teases him?
(a) For being short.
(b) For marrying an undereducated woman.
(c) For marrying a cultural outsider.
(d) For being poor.
3. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say about his unborn child's gender?
(a) He never mentions the gender.
(b) He insists they keep it a secret.
(c) He refers to the baby as a girl.
(d) He refers to the baby as a boy.
4. Why does Kevin show Caleb a basement at his work in "When in Rome"?
(a) So he can see where a robbery was attempted.
(b) To try to impress him.
(c) So he can beg him for money.
(d) To waste time.
5. In "When in Rome," what does Caleb do for a living?
(a) He is a judge.
(b) He is a police officer.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Middleman," where does Elsa want to go to college?
2. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father admit to almost becoming?
3. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
4. What family radio program does Joshua record in "Middleman"?
5. Why is Elsa impressed with Joshua's show business career in "Middleman"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb admit to trying to choke Kevin?
2. In "Middleman," what makes Elsa talk to John?
3. In what was are Caleb and Kevin different in "When in Rome"?
4. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe Lisa's lifestyle?
5. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
6. What does Caleb discover when he returns to Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome"?
7. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
8. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb tell the story about visiting his brother in California?
9. In "Middleman," how does John meet Elsa?
10. How does John describe Elsa's acting skills in "Middleman"?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)