|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) Because he wants to practice an eastern religion instead.
(b) Because he wants to be Jewish.
(c) Because he is afraid of being Jewish.
(d) Because he has a religious awakening.
2. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
(a) He thinks she is a natural.
(b) He thinks she isn't that good.
(c) He thinks she is shy.
(d) He doesn't pay enough attention.
3. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because Kevin never returns the favor.
(b) Because Kevin's problems take too long to solve.
(c) Because Kevin always seems to need help.
(d) Because Kevin never says thank you.
4. At the end of "In the Basement" what does the narrator think about himself?
(a) That he is nothing like Nicholas.
(b) That he might love Maria.
(c) That he needs to go back to school.
(d) That he is smarter than his wife.
5. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
(a) From work.
(b) From college.
(c) From rehab.
(d) From high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Middleman," where does Elsa want to go to college?
2. While in law school, where does Caleb say he visited Kevin in "When in Rome"?
3. In "Middleman," how long does Joshua help Elsa before she tells him to stop?
4. Who lectures Caleb when he leaves work to meet with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
5. What does Nicholas say Lisa did instead of going to graduate school in "In the Basement"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel about Judaism in "Middleman"?
2. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe Lisa's lifestyle?
3. Why do Nicholas and Maria tell the narrator and his wife about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
4. In "In the Basement," what is kept in a basement?
5. At the end of "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel?
6. In "Middleman," how does John meet Elsa?
7. In "Middleman," what does John's father say about his time in the Navy?
8. What does the narrator's wife, Carla, say to him at the end of "In the Basement"?
9. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
10. How does John try to help Elsa's acting career in "Middleman"?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)