|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the agent in "Middleman" take on Elsa as a client?
(a) Her singing voice.
(b) Her acting skills.
(c) Her connections.
(d) Her good looks.
2. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe the tone of Lisa's wedding?
3. In "In the Basement," where does Lisa live?
(a) New York.
4. In "Middleman," why can't Joshua get Elsa's attention?
(a) Because he is so much younger than she.
(b) Because Elsa is focused on music.
(c) Because they are never in the same place.
(d) Because he is too afraid to talk to her.
5. How does Joshua get Mr. Duckworth's attention in "Middleman"?
(a) He shows off an expensive watch.
(b) He tells about his father's job doing voiceovers.
(c) He brings over some of his mother's cooking.
(d) He reads a poem out loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
2. Why is Elsa impressed with Joshua's show business career in "Middleman"?
3. In "In the Basement," why does the narrator believe Maria has a large amount of debt?
4. In "In the Basement," what does the narrator say he heard about Maria and Nicholas' prior breakup?
5. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father say about his time in the Navy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe Lisa's lifestyle?
2. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
3. Why do Nicholas and Maria tell the narrator and his wife about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
4. What is the last thing Caleb does in "When in Rome"?
5. In "Middleman," what does John's father say about his time in the Navy?
6. At the end of "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel?
7. How does Caleb try to mend his relationship with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
8. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
9. After leaving Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome," why does Caleb return?
10. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb tell the story about visiting his brother in California?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)