|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lectures Caleb when he leaves work to meet with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
(a) No one.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His boss.
(d) His co-worker.
2. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
(a) Because he was arguing with Kevin.
(b) Because Caleb ordered him to.
(c) Because Troy asked him to.
(d) Because Kevin needed to get sick.
3. What does recording the family radio program in "Middleman" make Joshua question?
(c) The afterlife.
4. Why is Elsa impressed with Joshua's show business career in "Middleman"?
(a) It doesn't really interest her.
(b) Because she wants to be famous too.
(c) Because she has always been an actress.
(d) Because she thinks he is rich.
5. In "Middleman," how does Joshua's father describe their last name?
(a) As being shameful.
(b) As being superior.
(c) As being modified.
(d) As being secular.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe the tone of Lisa's wedding?
2. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
3. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
4. How does Joshua get to kiss Elsa in "Middleman"?
5. In "When in Rome," who does Caleb say was arrested after he choked Kevin?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what was are Caleb and Kevin different in "When in Rome"?
2. In "When in Rome," how do Caleb and Kevin react to being mugged?
3. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb tell the story about visiting his brother in California?
4. What does Caleb discover when he returns to Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome"?
5. How does Caleb try to mend his relationship with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
6. In "Middleman," what makes Elsa talk to John?
7. In "Middleman," how does John meet Elsa?
8. At the end of "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel?
9. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
10. In "In the Basement," at what things does Nicholas feel Lisa failed in her life?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)