|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "In the Basement," why does the narrator believe Maria has a large amount of debt?
(a) From medical expenses.
(b) From student loans.
(c) From Nicholas using a credit card in her name.
(d) From a failed real estate venture.
2. In "When in Rome," who does Caleb say was arrested after he choked Kevin?
(a) Caleb and Kevin.
(d) Kevin and Troy.
3. In "In the Basement," why does Nicholas say Lisa's husband's family teases him?
(a) For marrying a cultural outsider.
(b) For marrying an undereducated woman.
(c) For being poor.
(d) For being short.
4. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
5. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe the tone of Lisa's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lectures Caleb when he leaves work to meet with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
2. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
3. Why does the narrator want to know more about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
4. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father admit to almost becoming?
5. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
2. How does John try to help Elsa's acting career in "Middleman"?
3. How does Caleb try to mend his relationship with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
4. Why do Nicholas and Maria tell the narrator and his wife about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
5. How does John describe Elsa's acting skills in "Middleman"?
6. In "In the Basement," at what things does Nicholas feel Lisa failed in her life?
7. How does John feel about Judaism in "Middleman"?
8. In "Middleman," how does John meet Elsa?
9. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
10. After leaving Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome," why does Caleb return?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)