|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kevin call Caleb at work in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because his work was robbed.
(b) Because he met a girl.
(c) Because his girlfriend left him.
(d) Because he needs a ride.
2. How does Joshua define being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) With character traits.
(b) With emotional traits.
(c) With physical traits.
(d) He can't define it.
3. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
(a) Because he is working on his dissertation.
(b) Because he always quits his jobs.
(c) Because he was fired for stealing.
(d) Because he is undereducated.
4. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
(a) He thinks she isn't that good.
(b) He doesn't pay enough attention.
(c) He thinks she is a natural.
(d) He thinks she is shy.
5. How does Maria say she reacted to seeing Lisa's dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) She called animal control on Lisa.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She left the house quickly.
(d) She freed the dog from Lisa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
2. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say about his unborn child's gender?
3. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
4. At the end of "In the Basement" what does the narrator think about himself?
5. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what was are Caleb and Kevin different in "When in Rome"?
2. How does John feel about Judaism in "Middleman"?
3. In "When in Rome," how do Caleb and Kevin react to being mugged?
4. What does Caleb discover when he returns to Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome"?
5. How does John describe Elsa's acting skills in "Middleman"?
6. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
7. In "Middleman," what makes Elsa talk to John?
8. What does the narrator's wife, Carla, say to him at the end of "In the Basement"?
9. At the end of "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel?
10. How does Caleb try to mend his relationship with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)