|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Middleman," what type of school is Trinity?
2. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
3. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
(a) He reads it in the paper.
(b) He never finds out.
(c) Kevin's girlfriend tells him.
(d) He sees them together.
4. How does Joshua define being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) He can't define it.
(b) With character traits.
(c) With emotional traits.
(d) With physical traits.
5. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because Kevin's problems take too long to solve.
(b) Because Kevin always seems to need help.
(c) Because Kevin never says thank you.
(d) Because Kevin never returns the favor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe the tone of Lisa's wedding?
2. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Kevin reacted to being choked?
3. Why does the agent in "Middleman" take on Elsa as a client?
4. Why does the narrator want to know more about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
5. In "In the Basement," why does Nicholas say Lisa's husband's family teases him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
2. At the end of "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel?
3. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb tell the story about visiting his brother in California?
4. What does the narrator's wife, Carla, say to him at the end of "In the Basement"?
5. What is the last thing Caleb does in "When in Rome"?
6. How does John feel about Judaism in "Middleman"?
7. How does John feel when Elsa asks him to no longer accompany her on auditions in "Middleman"?
8. In what was are Caleb and Kevin different in "When in Rome"?
9. In "Middleman," what makes Elsa talk to John?
10. Why do Nicholas and Maria tell the narrator and his wife about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)