|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
(a) For advice on feeding dogs.
(b) For advice on training a dog.
(c) For advice on breeding dogs.
(d) For advice on buying a dog.
2. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb start talking to Kevin again?
(a) Because Kevin needs money.
(b) Because both their parents pass away.
(c) Because Kevin becomes sick.
(d) Because Caleb misses his brother.
3. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he didn't pay his taxes.
(b) Because Kevin threw cocaine at him.
(c) Because Kevin didn't have a license.
(d) Because they drove through a red light.
4. Whose sister is Elsa in "Middleman"?
(c) No one's.
5. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Voice over work.
(b) Movie work.
(c) Television work.
(d) Stage work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Kevin say he takes his nightly work deposits to the bank in the morning?
2. Why does the narrator want to know more about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
3. In "In the Basement," how does Maria know Lisa?
4. What does Nicholas say Lisa did instead of going to graduate school in "In the Basement"?
5. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Middleman," what does John's father say about his time in the Navy?
2. How does John describe Elsa's acting skills in "Middleman"?
3. In what was are Caleb and Kevin different in "When in Rome"?
4. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
5. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
6. In "Middleman," what makes Elsa talk to John?
7. After leaving Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome," why does Caleb return?
8. How does John feel about Judaism in "Middleman"?
9. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb tell the story about visiting his brother in California?
10. Why do Nicholas and Maria tell the narrator and his wife about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)