|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
(a) Because he is working on his dissertation.
(b) Because he always quits his jobs.
(c) Because he was fired for stealing.
(d) Because he is undereducated.
2. In "Middleman," what type of school is Trinity?
3. What does recording the family radio program in "Middleman" make Joshua question?
(c) The afterlife.
4. In "In the Basement," how do Nicholas and Maria feel about Lisa's house?
(a) They laugh at it.
(b) They don't care about it.
(c) They are upset.
(d) They are impressed.
5. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because Kevin's problems take too long to solve.
(b) Because Kevin never says thank you.
(c) Because Kevin never returns the favor.
(d) Because Kevin always seems to need help.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy used to finance his drug habit?
2. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
3. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
4. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
5. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel about Judaism in "Middleman"?
2. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
3. In "In the Basement," what is kept in a basement?
4. What is the last thing Caleb does in "When in Rome"?
5. After leaving Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome," why does Caleb return?
6. Why do Nicholas and Maria tell the narrator and his wife about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
7. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
8. How does John feel when Elsa asks him to no longer accompany her on auditions in "Middleman"?
9. What does Caleb discover when he returns to Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome"?
10. In "When in Rome," how do Caleb and Kevin react to being mugged?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)