|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) Because he wants to be Jewish.
(b) Because he has a religious awakening.
(c) Because he is afraid of being Jewish.
(d) Because he wants to practice an eastern religion instead.
2. Who becomes angry with Joshua after he helps Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her agent.
3. In "Middleman," what type of school is Trinity?
4. At the end of "In the Basement," what does Carla tell the narrator?
(a) That he needs to find a job.
(b) That he is a better man than Nicholas.
(c) That she wants a divorce.
(d) That she will stop nagging him.
5. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
(a) Because he escorts her on the subway.
(b) To help her go over lines.
(c) He doesn't meet her at auditions.
(d) Because she begs him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb say he didn't want Kevin to drive to dinner during his law school visit?
2. In "In the Basement," what does Maria do for a living?
3. In "When in Rome," what does Caleb do for a living?
4. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
5. How does Joshua define being Jewish in "Middleman"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caleb discover when he returns to Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome"?
2. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb tell the story about visiting his brother in California?
3. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
4. How does John describe Elsa's acting skills in "Middleman"?
5. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
6. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb admit to trying to choke Kevin?
7. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
8. In "Middleman," what does John's father say about his time in the Navy?
9. What is the last thing Caleb does in "When in Rome"?
10. How does Caleb try to mend his relationship with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)