|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father admit to almost becoming?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A cantor.
(d) A priest.
2. In "In the Basement," where does Lisa live?
(c) New York.
3. How does Joshua get to kiss Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) On a dare.
(b) Because she admits her feelings for him.
(c) As part of an audition.
(d) Joshua kisses her when she isn't paying attention.
4. While in law school, where does Caleb say he visited Kevin in "When in Rome"?
(a) New York.
5. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb say he didn't want Kevin to drive to dinner during his law school visit?
(a) Because Kevin was drunk.
(b) Because Kevin didn't have a license.
(c) Because Kevin was high.
(d) Because Kevin was careless.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," what does Caleb do for a living?
2. What does Nicholas say Lisa did instead of going to graduate school in "In the Basement"?
3. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
4. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
5. What does Joshua tell Elsa that makes her befriend him in "Middleman"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel about Judaism in "Middleman"?
2. In "Middleman," what does John's father say about his time in the Navy?
3. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb admit to trying to choke Kevin?
4. How does Caleb try to mend his relationship with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
5. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
6. After leaving Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome," why does Caleb return?
7. How does John describe Elsa's acting skills in "Middleman"?
8. What does the narrator's wife, Carla, say to him at the end of "In the Basement"?
9. In "When in Rome," how do Caleb and Kevin react to being mugged?
10. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe Lisa's lifestyle?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)