|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
(a) Because she begs him to.
(b) To help her go over lines.
(c) Because he escorts her on the subway.
(d) He doesn't meet her at auditions.
2. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he is lucky.
(b) Caleb has no idea.
(c) Because he knew the police officer.
(d) Because he paid the police officer.
3. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
4. Why does Kevin call Caleb at work in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because his work was robbed.
(b) Because he needs a ride.
(c) Because he met a girl.
(d) Because his girlfriend left him.
5. In "When in Rome," where does Kevin work?
(a) A store.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A museum.
(d) A gas station.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joshua get to kiss Elsa in "Middleman"?
2. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
3. Whose sister is Elsa in "Middleman"?
4. Why do the narrator and his wife move carefully in Nicholas' apartment in "In the Basement"?
5. In "Middleman," how long does Joshua help Elsa before she tells him to stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John describe Elsa's acting skills in "Middleman"?
2. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb admit to trying to choke Kevin?
3. What is the last thing Caleb does in "When in Rome"?
4. How does John try to help Elsa's acting career in "Middleman"?
5. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
6. In "Middleman," what makes Elsa talk to John?
7. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb tell the story about visiting his brother in California?
8. In "When in Rome," how do Caleb and Kevin react to being mugged?
9. How does Caleb try to mend his relationship with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
10. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)