|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes angry with Joshua after he helps Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) Her agent.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. Why do the narrator and his wife move carefully in Nicholas' apartment in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because the apartment is small.
(b) They don't move carefully.
(c) Because the apartment is filled with valuables.
(d) Because the neighbors hate noise.
3. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
4. In "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel about Maria taking Nicholas back?
(a) He is angry over it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is happy about it.
5. Why does the narrator of "In the Basement" dislike the amount Maria works?
(a) Because she makes more money than he does.
(b) Because she has no time for family.
(c) Because she is too talented for her job.
(d) Because she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
2. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
3. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Kevin reacted to being choked?
4. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
5. Who lectures Caleb when he leaves work to meet with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel about Judaism in "Middleman"?
2. In "When in Rome," how do Caleb and Kevin react to being mugged?
3. How does John feel when Elsa asks him to no longer accompany her on auditions in "Middleman"?
4. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
5. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
6. In "Middleman," what does John's father say about his time in the Navy?
7. What is the last thing Caleb does in "When in Rome"?
8. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb admit to trying to choke Kevin?
9. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
10. How does John describe Elsa's acting skills in "Middleman"?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)