|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Middleman," why can't Joshua get Elsa's attention?
(a) Because he is so much younger than she.
(b) Because Elsa is focused on music.
(c) Because he is too afraid to talk to her.
(d) Because they are never in the same place.
2. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
(a) To help her go over lines.
(b) Because he escorts her on the subway.
(c) Because she begs him to.
(d) He doesn't meet her at auditions.
3. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Movie work.
(b) Television work.
(c) Voice over work.
(d) Stage work.
4. In "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel about Maria taking Nicholas back?
(a) He is angry over it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is happy about it.
5. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy used to finance his drug habit?
(a) With his father's money.
(b) No one knows.
(c) By working overtime.
(d) By stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," what does Caleb do for a living?
2. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
3. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
4. Whose sister is Elsa in "Middleman"?
5. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel?
2. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
3. In "When in Rome," how do Caleb and Kevin react to being mugged?
4. After leaving Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome," why does Caleb return?
5. In what was are Caleb and Kevin different in "When in Rome"?
6. How does John try to help Elsa's acting career in "Middleman"?
7. In "In the Basement," at what things does Nicholas feel Lisa failed in her life?
8. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb admit to trying to choke Kevin?
9. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
10. In "Middleman," what does John's father say about his time in the Navy?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)