|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Kevin say he takes his nightly work deposits to the bank in the morning?
(a) So he can get home sooner.
(b) To make his boss angry.
(c) Because it's the rule.
(d) To avoid being robbed.
2. Why does Kevin call Caleb at work in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he met a girl.
(b) Because he needs a ride.
(c) Because his work was robbed.
(d) Because his girlfriend left him.
3. Why is Elsa impressed with Joshua's show business career in "Middleman"?
(a) Because she wants to be famous too.
(b) Because she thinks he is rich.
(c) Because she has always been an actress.
(d) It doesn't really interest her.
4. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say Lisa did with her narrative writing?
(a) Sold it for money.
(b) Published it herself.
(c) Burned it.
(d) Threw it away.
5. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy reacted when Kevin was choked?
(a) Troy fought back.
(b) Troy choked Caleb.
(c) Troy ran away.
(d) Troy called the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb start talking to Kevin again?
2. What does recording the family radio program in "Middleman" make Joshua question?
3. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
4. What does Joshua tell Elsa that makes her befriend him in "Middleman"?
5. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say he once chocked his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
2. In "In the Basement," what is kept in a basement?
3. In what was are Caleb and Kevin different in "When in Rome"?
4. In "Middleman," what makes Elsa talk to John?
5. What does Caleb discover when he returns to Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome"?
6. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
7. What is the last thing Caleb does in "When in Rome"?
8. In "Middleman," how does John meet Elsa?
9. In "Middleman," what does John's father say about his time in the Navy?
10. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb tell the story about visiting his brother in California?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)