|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joshua get Mr. Duckworth's attention in "Middleman"?
(a) He brings over some of his mother's cooking.
(b) He shows off an expensive watch.
(c) He tells about his father's job doing voiceovers.
(d) He reads a poem out loud.
2. At the end of "In the Basement" what does the narrator think about himself?
(a) That he is smarter than his wife.
(b) That he needs to go back to school.
(c) That he is nothing like Nicholas.
(d) That he might love Maria.
3. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say he once chocked his brother?
(a) With his hands.
(b) With a belt.
(c) With a rope.
(d) With a tie.
4. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
5. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
(a) Because he is undereducated.
(b) Because he always quits his jobs.
(c) Because he is working on his dissertation.
(d) Because he was fired for stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say Lisa did with her narrative writing?
2. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
3. Why is Elsa impressed with Joshua's show business career in "Middleman"?
4. Who becomes angry with Joshua after he helps Elsa in "Middleman"?
5. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last thing Caleb does in "When in Rome"?
2. What does the narrator's wife, Carla, say to him at the end of "In the Basement"?
3. In "When in Rome," how do Caleb and Kevin react to being mugged?
4. In "In the Basement," at what things does Nicholas feel Lisa failed in her life?
5. How does John try to help Elsa's acting career in "Middleman"?
6. How does John feel when Elsa asks him to no longer accompany her on auditions in "Middleman"?
7. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
8. At the end of "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel?
9. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
10. How does Caleb try to mend his relationship with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)