|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "In the Basement," how do Nicholas and Maria feel about Lisa's house?
(a) They are upset.
(b) They don't care about it.
(c) They are impressed.
(d) They laugh at it.
2. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
(a) He doesn't pay enough attention.
(b) He thinks she is shy.
(c) He thinks she is a natural.
(d) He thinks she isn't that good.
3. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
(a) To help her go over lines.
(b) He doesn't meet her at auditions.
(c) Because she begs him to.
(d) Because he escorts her on the subway.
4. In "When in Rome," where does Kevin work?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A museum.
(d) A store.
5. In "In the Basement," how does Maria know Lisa?
(a) They went to high school together.
(b) They were college roommates.
(c) They were neighbors as children.
(d) They worked together.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb say he didn't want Kevin to drive to dinner during his law school visit?
2. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
3. In "Middleman," how does Joshua's father describe their last name?
4. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
5. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb tell the story about visiting his brother in California?
2. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe Lisa's lifestyle?
3. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb admit to trying to choke Kevin?
4. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
5. In "When in Rome," how do Caleb and Kevin react to being mugged?
6. In "In the Basement," what is kept in a basement?
7. How does John feel when Elsa asks him to no longer accompany her on auditions in "Middleman"?
8. In "Middleman," what makes Elsa talk to John?
9. After leaving Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome," why does Caleb return?
10. Why do Nicholas and Maria tell the narrator and his wife about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)