|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
(a) He reads it in the paper.
(b) Kevin's girlfriend tells him.
(c) He never finds out.
(d) He sees them together.
2. In "In the Basement," what does the narrator say he heard about Maria and Nicholas' prior breakup?
(a) That Maria stole money from Nicholas.
(b) That Nicholas stole jewelry from Maria.
(c) That Maria's parents made them break up.
(d) That Nicholas cheated on Maria.
3. Why is Elsa impressed with Joshua's show business career in "Middleman"?
(a) Because she thinks he is rich.
(b) It doesn't really interest her.
(c) Because she wants to be famous too.
(d) Because she has always been an actress.
4. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
5. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
(a) Because he escorts her on the subway.
(b) To help her go over lines.
(c) Because she begs him to.
(d) He doesn't meet her at auditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
2. In "In the Basement," what does Maria do for a living?
3. How does Joshua get Mr. Duckworth's attention in "Middleman"?
4. In "When in Rome," where does Kevin work?
5. At the end of "In the Basement," what does Carla tell the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Middleman," what makes Elsa talk to John?
2. At the end of "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel?
3. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb admit to trying to choke Kevin?
4. In "Middleman," what does John's father say about his time in the Navy?
5. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
6. After leaving Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome," why does Caleb return?
7. What does Caleb discover when he returns to Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome"?
8. How does John describe Elsa's acting skills in "Middleman"?
9. In what was are Caleb and Kevin different in "When in Rome"?
10. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe Lisa's lifestyle?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)