|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "When in Rome," what does Caleb do for a living?
(a) He is a judge.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a police officer.
(d) He is a lawyer.
2. Why does Caleb claim Kevin drove through a red light in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because they were arguing.
(b) Because he was high.
(c) Because he fell asleep.
(d) Because he is a terrible driver.
3. How does Joshua get Mr. Duckworth's attention in "Middleman"?
(a) He tells about his father's job doing voiceovers.
(b) He shows off an expensive watch.
(c) He brings over some of his mother's cooking.
(d) He reads a poem out loud.
4. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Television work.
(b) Movie work.
(c) Voice over work.
(d) Stage work.
5. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) Because he is afraid of being Jewish.
(b) Because he wants to practice an eastern religion instead.
(c) Because he has a religious awakening.
(d) Because he wants to be Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
2. In "Middleman," how long does Joshua help Elsa before she tells him to stop?
3. After choking his brother in "When in Rome," how long does Caleb go without speaking to Kevin?
4. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say Lisa did with her narrative writing?
5. How does Joshua define being Jewish in "Middleman"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "In the Basement," what is kept in a basement?
2. What is the last thing Caleb does in "When in Rome"?
3. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
4. After leaving Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome," why does Caleb return?
5. How does John feel about Judaism in "Middleman"?
6. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
7. In what was are Caleb and Kevin different in "When in Rome"?
8. In "In the Basement," at what things does Nicholas feel Lisa failed in her life?
9. How does John try to help Elsa's acting career in "Middleman"?
10. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb tell the story about visiting his brother in California?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)