|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say he once chocked his brother?
(a) With his hands.
(b) With a tie.
(c) With a rope.
(d) With a belt.
2. At the end of "In the Basement," what does Carla tell the narrator?
(a) That he needs to find a job.
(b) That she wants a divorce.
(c) That she will stop nagging him.
(d) That he is a better man than Nicholas.
3. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
(a) Because he always quits his jobs.
(b) Because he is undereducated.
(c) Because he was fired for stealing.
(d) Because he is working on his dissertation.
4. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
(a) Like she didn't care about who she married.
(b) Like she was auditioning for a play.
(c) Like she was trying to upset her parents.
(d) Like she was looking for a job.
5. What family radio program does Joshua record in "Middleman"?
(a) The Beginning.
(b) The Chosen.
(c) The Awakening.
(d) The Body.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
2. In "In the Basement," where does Lisa live?
3. What does Nicholas say Lisa did instead of going to graduate school in "In the Basement"?
4. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
5. How does Maria say she reacted to seeing Lisa's dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John try to help Elsa's acting career in "Middleman"?
2. In "Middleman," what does John's father say about his time in the Navy?
3. After leaving Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome," why does Caleb return?
4. What does Caleb discover when he returns to Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome"?
5. In "In the Basement," at what things does Nicholas feel Lisa failed in her life?
6. In what was are Caleb and Kevin different in "When in Rome"?
7. How does John feel when Elsa asks him to no longer accompany her on auditions in "Middleman"?
8. What does the narrator's wife, Carla, say to him at the end of "In the Basement"?
9. How does John describe Elsa's acting skills in "Middleman"?
10. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)