|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) About fifty people.
(b) No one.
(c) Servants and her dogs.
(d) He wasn't sure.
2. What does Roddy do over the weekend in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Tries to work.
(b) Sleeps a lot.
(c) Visits a new restaurant.
3. Why does David Applelow take Zach to a Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
(a) Because Zach has never had Greek food.
(b) Because it is the closest restaurant to their apartment building.
(c) Because David loves Greek food.
(d) Because Zach keeps complaining about being hungry.
4. Whose letters does Roddy read in "The Rest of It"?
(a) His ex-wife's.
(b) His co-worker's.
(c) His own.
(d) His mother's.
5. What does David Applelow suggest Zach do while they are out to eat in "Futures"?
(a) He suggests that Zach go back to school.
(b) He suggests that Zach should find a new job.
(c) He suggests that Zach move to California.
(d) He suggests that Zach start writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels to Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
2. Why is Roddy excited to help Mike write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
3. In "Futures," who does Marnie Kastopolis say she does not want to have a copy of her key?
4. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
5. How long has Griffin been with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the main characters of "The Suicide Room" know each other?
2. Why is David irritated with Zach when they go to apply for jobs in "Futures"?
3. How does Roddy react to speaking with his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
4. What stories do the main characters tell in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
5. In "The Rest of It," what seems to dictate Roddy's decisions?
6. Why does Will threaten to kill himself in "The Suicide Room"?
7. How does Roddy feel about suggesting that Mike should write a book in "The Rest of It"?
8. Which two stories told by the characters of "The Suicide Room" seem least probable, and why?
9. In "Futures," what happens when Marnie and Zach argue in the hallway?
10. In "The Rest of It," how does Roddy know Mike?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)