|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) He wasn't sure.
(b) Servants and her dogs.
(c) No one.
(d) About fifty people.
2. When the narrator of "The Suicide Room" looks to the future, what reason is given for Casey's downfall?
(a) She quits her job to have children.
(b) She has an affair after marriage.
(c) She drops out of school.
(d) She never marries.
3. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(b) Roddy's ex-wife.
(c) A university president.
(d) Mike comes up with idea himself.
4. What does Roddy ask for at the end of "The Rest of It"?
(a) For a vacation alone.
(b) For a second chance with his ex-wife.
(c) For a meeting with Mike's cousin.
(d) For a raise at work.
5. In "Futures," how does David Applelow feel when he sits with the other people interviewing for the job?
(a) Like he is overdressed.
(b) Like he isn't as qualified.
(c) Like he is underdressed.
(d) Like he is over qualified.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David Applelow in "Futures"?
2. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of visiting the lit star?
3. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
4. When does Mike surprise Roddy with a visit to his office in "The Rest of It"?
5. During David Applelow's final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does he guess?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe Lisa's lifestyle?
2. In "Ladies and Gentlemen," what debate does Sara have with herself about regret?
3. In "Ladies and Gentlemen," who is Thom?
4. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of go home after work?
5. In "Middleman," how does John meet Elsa?
6. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
7. After leaving Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome," why does Caleb return?
8. Where is Sara in the beginning of "Ladies and Gentlemen"?
9. At the end of "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel?
10. In "Futures," why does David Applelow respond to the ad in the newspaper?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)