|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David Applelow let Zach spend the night in his apartment?
(a) To make money.
(b) To avoid a fight.
(c) To have company.
(d) To help Marnie.
2. Why does Roddy go to another professor's house in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he is house sitting.
(b) Because he wants company.
(c) Because he is buying the house.
(d) Because he lives there.
3. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) College aged.
(b) Late 20s.
(c) Middle school aged.
(d) High school aged.
4. How does Roddy know about Mike's cousin before Mike tells him in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he overheard Mike on the phone.
(b) Because of something he read in the paper.
(c) Because he met with the cousin.
(d) He doesn't know about the cousin.
5. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roddy excited to help Mike write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
2. Whose letters does Roddy read in "The Rest of It"?
3. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin killed?
4. How wide is the ledge Will walks on in "The Suicide Room"?
5. In "The Suicide Room," what floor do Griffin and his friends visit to see the site of a suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David learn about Zach when he takes him out to lunch in "Futures"?
2. How does Roddy react to speaking with his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
3. What does Marnie tell David in "Futures" when she gives him her key?
4. When David and Zach first have a conversation in "Futures," what do they discuss?
5. In "The Rest of It," what seems to dictate Roddy's decisions?
6. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of go home after work?
7. In "The Rest of It," where does Roddy live?
8. What does David learn about the job he is interviewing for in "Futures"?
9. What stories do the main characters tell in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
10. Which two stories told by the characters of "The Suicide Room" seem least probable, and why?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)