|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zach describe his older brother in "Futures"?
2. Where is Roddy in the beginning of "The Rest of It"?
(a) In a classroom.
(b) In a news room.
(c) In his office.
(d) In his car.
3. How does David Applelow react when he first sees Zach fighting with Marnie in the hallway?
(a) He holds Marnie back.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He holds Zach back.
(d) He doesn't do anything.
4. Where are Will's friends while he walks around the dorm on a ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Inside the building.
(b) Watching from the room.
(c) Standing on the ground below.
(d) On the fire escape.
5. What does Griffin think when he sees Will walk past the window at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) That he needs to hide from Will.
(b) That he could walk the ledge too.
(c) That he was caught cheating.
(d) That he could pull him in or push him down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
2. How does Ms. Samuel introduce Dr. Pip Love-Wellman to David Applelow?
3. During David Applelow's final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does he guess?
4. In "The Suicide Room," what floor do Griffin and his friends visit to see the site of a suicide?
5. What does David Applelow suggest Zach do while they are out to eat in "Futures"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," where does Roddy live?
2. In "In the Basement," at what things does Nicholas feel Lisa failed in her life?
3. How does John feel about Judaism in "Middleman"?
4. What does the narrator's wife, Carla, say to him at the end of "In the Basement"?
5. How does Sara know Peter, the man next to her on the plane, in "Ladies and Gentlemen"?
6. How do the main characters of "The Suicide Room" know each other?
7. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
8. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
9. What does David learn about Zach when he takes him out to lunch in "Futures"?
10. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)