|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike claimed happened to all the animals on the rich woman's island in "The Rest of It"?
(a) They died of starvation.
(b) They were eaten by the rich woman's dog.
(c) They were eaten by the rich woman.
(d) They were hunted.
2. How wide is the ledge Will walks on in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) One inch.
(b) Six inches.
(c) Two inches.
(d) Three inches.
3. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
(a) The US Army.
(b) The local police.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) The Navy.
4. Why is Roddy excited to help Mike write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because it would make his ex-wife happy.
(b) Because he can make money off of it.
(c) Roddy isn't excited to help Mike.
(d) Because he loves to write.
5. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) Because Zach orders the most expensive item on the menu.
(b) Because there is a long wait to get a table.
(c) Because their waitress is nosey.
(d) Because Zach won't stop talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he saw on the rich woman's island?
2. What does Zach do after leaving the Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
3. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
4. What does Will say he did right before his aunt died in "The Suicide Room"?
5. How does David Applelow feel after his second interview with Ms. Samuel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is David irritated with Zach when they go to apply for jobs in "Futures"?
2. What stories do the main characters tell in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
3. In "The Rest of It," why does Roddy enjoy talking to Mike?
4. How does Roddy feel about suggesting that Mike should write a book in "The Rest of It"?
5. What things does Mike tell Roddy about in "The Rest of It"?
6. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
7. Why does Will threaten to kill himself in "The Suicide Room"?
8. What does David learn about the job he is interviewing for in "Futures"?
9. How do Griffin and his friends react to being inside the dorm room of the girl who killed herself in "The Suicide Room"?
10. What does David learn about Zach when he takes him out to lunch in "Futures"?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)