|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David Applelow react when he first sees Zach fighting with Marnie in the hallway?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He holds Zach back.
(c) He holds Marnie back.
(d) He doesn't do anything.
2. After leaving the final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does David Applelow discover about his apartment?
(a) That he lost his key.
(b) That he is being evicted.
(c) That it has been robbed.
(d) That Zach stole his money.
3. Why does Roddy feel awkward at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because it is empty.
(b) Because it is filled with students.
(c) Because it is too expensive for him.
(d) Because it is filled with women.
4. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
(a) To let her son in.
(b) To water her plants.
(c) To feed her cat.
(d) In case of emergencies.
5. Why does David Applelow think admitting he doesn't believe in astrology will help him get the job in "Futures"?
(a) Because he wants to be honest.
(b) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel doesn't believe in it.
(c) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel is testing him.
(d) He says he does believe in astrology.
Short Answer Questions
1. How wide is the ledge Will walks on in "The Suicide Room"?
2. Why does David Applelow take Zach to a Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
3. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin killed?
4. In "The Rest of It," who does Roddy think would like his house?
5. At the beginning of "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he once did on a boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Futures," why does David Applelow respond to the ad in the newspaper?
2. What stories do the main characters tell in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
3. What does Roddy do when his co-worker is in Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
4. Why does Will threaten to kill himself in "The Suicide Room"?
5. Which two stories told by the characters of "The Suicide Room" seem least probable, and why?
6. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
7. In "The Rest of It," where does Roddy live?
8. How do the main characters of "The Suicide Room" know each other?
9. Why does David Applelow worry about his money in "Futures"?
10. In "The Rest of It," how does Roddy know Mike?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)