|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) High school aged.
(b) Middle school aged.
(c) College aged.
(d) Late 20s.
2. In "The Suicide Room," what does Griffin blame his grandfather's death on?
(a) A grease fire.
(b) A house fire.
(c) A lighter exploding.
(d) A bonfire.
3. Why does David Applelow think admitting he doesn't believe in astrology will help him get the job in "Futures"?
(a) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel doesn't believe in it.
(b) Because he wants to be honest.
(c) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel is testing him.
(d) He says he does believe in astrology.
4. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) Servants and her dogs.
(b) He wasn't sure.
(c) About fifty people.
(d) No one.
5. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) They don't think he can do it.
(b) Because he is physically talented.
(c) Because he does the first wall well.
(d) Because he has done it before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
2. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
3. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
4. How old is David Applelow in "Futures"?
5. In "The Suicide Room," how does Alyssa explain her brother's mental impairment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stories do the main characters tell in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
2. In "The Rest of It," how does Roddy know Mike?
3. How does David Applelow react to his first interview with Ms. Samuel in "Futures"?
4. What does David learn about the job he is interviewing for in "Futures"?
5. What does Roddy do when his co-worker is in Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
6. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of go home after work?
7. What happens when Will walks along the ledge of the dorm building in "The Suicide Room"?
8. In "The Rest of It," what seems to dictate Roddy's decisions?
9. In "Futures," what happens when Marnie and Zach argue in the hallway?
10. How do Griffin and his friends get inside the dorm room of the girl who killed herself in "The Suicide Room"?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)