|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mike surprise Roddy with a visit to his office in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Before Roddy's final lecture.
(b) After Roddy's first lecture.
(c) After Roddy's final lecture.
(d) Before Roddy's first lecture.
2. What does Mike claimed happened to all the animals on the rich woman's island in "The Rest of It"?
(a) They were eaten by the rich woman.
(b) They were eaten by the rich woman's dog.
(c) They died of starvation.
(d) They were hunted.
3. How many moths is Manion reported to have eaten?
4. How does Roddy know about Mike's cousin before Mike tells him in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he overheard Mike on the phone.
(b) Because he met with the cousin.
(c) Because of something he read in the paper.
(d) He doesn't know about the cousin.
5. At the end of "The Rest of It," why does Roddy want to avoid Mike?
(a) Because he is feeling sick.
(b) Because he didn't work on the book.
(c) Because he has lost interest in the book.
(d) Because he changed the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves Roddy a note on his office door in "The Rest of It"?
2. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy's ex-wife advise Roddy to do?
3. Why does David Applelow take Zach to a Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
4. Where is Roddy in the beginning of "The Rest of It"?
5. How does David Appelow know Marnie Kastopolis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
2. When David and Zach first have a conversation in "Futures," what do they discuss?
3. Why is David irritated with Zach when they go to apply for jobs in "Futures"?
4. In "The Suicide Room," what rumors are there about the dorm room of the girl who killed herself?
5. How does David Applelow react to his first interview with Ms. Samuel in "Futures"?
6. Which two stories told by the characters of "The Suicide Room" seem least probable, and why?
7. In "Futures," why does David Applelow respond to the ad in the newspaper?
8. What does David learn about the job he is interviewing for in "Futures"?
9. What things does Mike tell Roddy about in "The Rest of It"?
10. What does David learn about Zach when he takes him out to lunch in "Futures"?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)