|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ms. Samuel introduce Dr. Pip Love-Wellman to David Applelow?
(a) As a futurist for the business.
(b) As the leader of their workplace.
(c) As the founder of a company.
(d) As the master of a new realm.
2. When does Mike surprise Roddy with a visit to his office in "The Rest of It"?
(a) After Roddy's final lecture.
(b) Before Roddy's final lecture.
(c) Before Roddy's first lecture.
(d) After Roddy's first lecture.
3. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy's ex-wife advise Roddy to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) Record his conversation with Mike.
4. Why is David disappointed after his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
(a) Because he learns the job is a hoax.
(b) Because he isn't offered the job.
(c) Because he knows he acted foolishly.
(d) Because he has been lying the whole time.
5. How long has Griffin been with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Only a short time.
(b) Over a year.
(c) Several years.
(d) Just a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Suicide Room," how did the boy die in Casey's story?
2. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
3. What does Roddy ask for at the end of "The Rest of It"?
4. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
5. What does Mike claimed happened to all the animals on the rich woman's island in "The Rest of It"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Futures," why does David Applelow respond to the ad in the newspaper?
2. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of go home after work?
3. What happens when Will walks along the ledge of the dorm building in "The Suicide Room"?
4. When David and Zach first have a conversation in "Futures," what do they discuss?
5. Why is David irritated with Zach when they go to apply for jobs in "Futures"?
6. What things does Mike tell Roddy about in "The Rest of It"?
7. What does David learn about Zach when he takes him out to lunch in "Futures"?
8. How does David Applelow react to his first interview with Ms. Samuel in "Futures"?
9. How does Roddy react to speaking with his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
10. In "The Rest of It," why does Roddy enjoy talking to Mike?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)