|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
(a) Ms. Samuel.
(c) No one.
2. After leaving the final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does David Applelow discover about his apartment?
(a) That Zach stole his money.
(b) That it has been robbed.
(c) That he is being evicted.
(d) That he lost his key.
3. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
(a) He hasn't worked in a long time.
(b) He feels unqualified for the position.
(c) Talking to people makes him nervous.
(d) He knows nothing about the job.
4. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) Servants and her dogs.
(b) About fifty people.
(c) He wasn't sure.
(d) No one.
5. Where is Roddy in the beginning of "The Rest of It"?
(a) In a classroom.
(b) In his car.
(c) In a news room.
(d) In his office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
2. How does Roddy feel when he returns to work on Monday in "The Rest of It"?
3. How does David Appelow know Marnie Kastopolis?
4. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
5. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the main characters of "The Suicide Room" know each other?
2. How does John feel when Elsa asks him to no longer accompany her on auditions in "Middleman"?
3. At the end of "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel?
4. In "Middleman," what makes Elsa talk to John?
5. In "In the Basement," what history does the narrator give about Nicholas and Maria's relationship?
6. How does Sara feel as she boards her plane for Los Angeles in "Ladies and Gentlemen"?
7. How does John feel about Judaism in "Middleman"?
8. In "Ladies and Gentlemen," what debate does Sara have with herself about regret?
9. How does Sara feel about having an affair at the end of "Ladies and Gentlemen"?
10. In "Futures," why does David Applelow respond to the ad in the newspaper?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)