|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zach do after leaving the Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
(a) He moves away.
(b) He goes shopping.
(c) He asks to stay with David for another night.
(d) He apologizes to his family.
2. Why can't Will get inside the dorm where the girl committed suicide in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he is too afraid to open the door.
(b) Because he can't get the boards off the door.
(c) Because he can't find the door.
(d) Because he is on the wrong floor of the building.
3. Why does Alyssa's reaction to the dorm of the girl who committed suicide upset Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he wants to feel she thinks the way he does.
(b) Because he thinks something is going on between Alyssa and Will.
(c) Because he thinks it is inappropriate.
(d) Because he thinks she is being childish.
4. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
(b) Ms. Samuel.
(c) No one.
5. Why does David Applelow let Zach spend the night in his apartment?
(a) To avoid a fight.
(b) To make money.
(c) To have company.
(d) To help Marnie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
2. In "Futures," how does David Applelow feel when he sits with the other people interviewing for the job?
3. How does Roddy know about Mike's cousin before Mike tells him in "The Rest of It"?
4. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
5. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Griffin and his friends react to being inside the dorm room of the girl who killed herself in "The Suicide Room"?
2. What happens when Will walks along the ledge of the dorm building in "The Suicide Room"?
3. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of go home after work?
4. In "The Rest of It," why does Roddy enjoy talking to Mike?
5. Which two stories told by the characters of "The Suicide Room" seem least probable, and why?
6. In "Futures," why does David Applelow respond to the ad in the newspaper?
7. In "Futures," what happens when Marnie and Zach argue in the hallway?
8. What stories do the main characters tell in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
9. What does Roddy do when his co-worker is in Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
10. How does David's second interview with Ms. Samuel vary from his first?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)