|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roddy do over the weekend in "The Rest of It"?
(b) Tries to work.
(c) Sleeps a lot.
(d) Visits a new restaurant.
2. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife after learning about Mike's cousin in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because she is a detective.
(b) Because she is a lawyer.
(c) Because she always helps him.
(d) Because she works for human services.
3. Why is Roddy excited to help Mike write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Roddy isn't excited to help Mike.
(b) Because he can make money off of it.
(c) Because he loves to write.
(d) Because it would make his ex-wife happy.
4. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
(a) He hasn't worked in a long time.
(b) He knows nothing about the job.
(c) Talking to people makes him nervous.
(d) He feels unqualified for the position.
5. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) Middle school aged.
(b) Late 20s.
(c) College aged.
(d) High school aged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How wide is the ledge Will walks on in "The Suicide Room"?
2. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin is?
3. In "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he saw on the rich woman's island?
4. Where are Will's friends while he walks around the dorm on a ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
5. Why does David like waiting for his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the main characters of "The Suicide Room" know each other?
2. What does Roddy do when his co-worker is in Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
3. In "The Rest of It," what seems to dictate Roddy's decisions?
4. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of go home after work?
5. Why does Will threaten to kill himself in "The Suicide Room"?
6. What happens when Will walks along the ledge of the dorm building in "The Suicide Room"?
7. How does Roddy feel about suggesting that Mike should write a book in "The Rest of It"?
8. In "The Rest of It," where does Roddy live?
9. What things does Mike tell Roddy about in "The Rest of It"?
10. What does Marnie tell David in "Futures" when she gives him her key?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)