|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Griffin consider breaking up with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) She says she wants to break up with him.
(b) Because he is bored.
(c) Because he has been seeing another girl.
(d) Because he thinks Alyssa is annoying.
2. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he has done it before.
(b) Because he does the first wall well.
(c) Because he is physically talented.
(d) They don't think he can do it.
3. In "The Suicide Room," what does Griffin blame his grandfather's death on?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A house fire.
(c) A lighter exploding.
(d) A grease fire.
4. What does David Applelow suggest Zach do while they are out to eat in "Futures"?
(a) He suggests that Zach should find a new job.
(b) He suggests that Zach move to California.
(c) He suggests that Zach start writing.
(d) He suggests that Zach go back to school.
5. In "The Suicide Room," what does Will do to empty the dorm building so he and his friends can visit the site of a suicide?
(a) He says there are free drinks in a different building.
(b) He cuts off the electricity.
(c) He pulls a fire alarm.
(d) He calls a pretend emergency dorm meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
2. Why is David disappointed after his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
3. Who does Casey say saw the boy crash his car in "The Suicide Room"?
4. What does Will say he did right before his aunt died in "The Suicide Room"?
5. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which two stories told by the characters of "The Suicide Room" seem least probable, and why?
2. How does David's second interview with Ms. Samuel vary from his first?
3. What things does Mike tell Roddy about in "The Rest of It"?
4. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
5. In "Futures," what happens when Marnie and Zach argue in the hallway?
6. In "The Rest of It," what seems to dictate Roddy's decisions?
7. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of go home after work?
8. In "The Rest of It," how does Roddy know Mike?
9. Why does Will threaten to kill himself in "The Suicide Room"?
10. How do Griffin and his friends react to being inside the dorm room of the girl who killed herself in "The Suicide Room"?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)