|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zach do after leaving the Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
(a) He apologizes to his family.
(b) He moves away.
(c) He asks to stay with David for another night.
(d) He goes shopping.
2. In "The Suicide Room," what does Will do to empty the dorm building so he and his friends can visit the site of a suicide?
(a) He cuts off the electricity.
(b) He calls a pretend emergency dorm meeting.
(c) He pulls a fire alarm.
(d) He says there are free drinks in a different building.
3. How does Zach describe his older brother in "Futures"?
4. Who leaves Roddy a note on his office door in "The Rest of It"?
(a) A co-worker.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) A female student.
5. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Futures," who does Marnie Kastopolis say she does not want to have a copy of her key?
2. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
3. Why does Roddy go to another professor's house in "The Rest of It"?
4. Why does David Applelow let Zach spend the night in his apartment?
5. Why does Will become angry with Casey in "The Suicide Room"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David learn about the job he is interviewing for in "Futures"?
2. In "The Rest of It," why does Roddy enjoy talking to Mike?
3. How does Roddy react to speaking with his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
4. What does Marnie tell David in "Futures" when she gives him her key?
5. Which two stories told by the characters of "The Suicide Room" seem least probable, and why?
6. How do Griffin and his friends get inside the dorm room of the girl who killed herself in "The Suicide Room"?
7. What happens when Will walks along the ledge of the dorm building in "The Suicide Room"?
8. In "The Rest of It," what seems to dictate Roddy's decisions?
9. In "Futures," why does David Applelow respond to the ad in the newspaper?
10. How do the main characters of "The Suicide Room" know each other?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)