|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Suicide Room," why is Manion competing with Will?
(a) To see who can get the best grades.
(b) To see who can do the craziest stunt.
(c) To see who can get kicked out first.
(d) To see who can date the most girls.
2. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
3. Why does Roddy go to another professor's house in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he is buying the house.
(b) Because he is house sitting.
(c) Because he lives there.
(d) Because he wants company.
4. Why is Roddy excited to help Mike write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he can make money off of it.
(b) Because it would make his ex-wife happy.
(c) Because he loves to write.
(d) Roddy isn't excited to help Mike.
5. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The local police.
(c) The US Army.
(d) The Coast Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Suicide Room," how does Alyssa explain her brother's mental impairment?
2. How long has Griffin been with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
3. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
4. In "The Suicide Room," how did the boy die in Casey's story?
5. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is David irritated with Zach when they go to apply for jobs in "Futures"?
2. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
3. What does David learn about Zach when he takes him out to lunch in "Futures"?
4. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of go home after work?
5. In "The Rest of It," how does Roddy know Mike?
6. Which two stories told by the characters of "The Suicide Room" seem least probable, and why?
7. How does David Applelow react to his first interview with Ms. Samuel in "Futures"?
8. What does David learn about the job he is interviewing for in "Futures"?
9. In "The Rest of It," what seems to dictate Roddy's decisions?
10. In "Futures," why does David Applelow respond to the ad in the newspaper?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)