|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
(b) No one.
(c) Ms. Samuel.
2. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) Because Zach won't stop talking.
(b) Because Zach orders the most expensive item on the menu.
(c) Because there is a long wait to get a table.
(d) Because their waitress is nosey.
3. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin killed?
(a) An unknown woman.
(b) His wife.
(c) Mike's wife.
(d) Roddy's ex-wife.
4. Why does Roddy feel awkward at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because it is filled with women.
(b) Because it is empty.
(c) Because it is filled with students.
(d) Because it is too expensive for him.
5. What does David Applelow do when he doesn't hear back from Ms. Samuel after his first interview?
(a) He applies for jobs at restaurants.
(b) He goes back to Ms. Samuel's office.
(c) He moves in with Marnie.
(d) He starts taking classes at his community college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David Applelow realize about himself while dining at the Greek restaurant with Zach?
2. Why does Roddy visit a club in "The Rest of It"?
3. After leaving the final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does David Applelow discover about his apartment?
4. Why can't Will get inside the dorm where the girl committed suicide in "The Suicide Room"?
5. Why does David Applelow take Zach to a Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roddy do when his co-worker is in Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
2. How does David's second interview with Ms. Samuel vary from his first?
3. How do the main characters of "The Suicide Room" know each other?
4. In "Futures," why does David Applelow respond to the ad in the newspaper?
5. How do Griffin and his friends get inside the dorm room of the girl who killed herself in "The Suicide Room"?
6. In "The Rest of It," where does Roddy live?
7. In "Futures," what happens when Marnie and Zach argue in the hallway?
8. How do Griffin and his friends react to being inside the dorm room of the girl who killed herself in "The Suicide Room"?
9. When David and Zach first have a conversation in "Futures," what do they discuss?
10. What does Marnie tell David in "Futures" when she gives him her key?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)