|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose letters does Roddy read in "The Rest of It"?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His ex-wife's.
(c) His own.
(d) His co-worker's.
2. In "The Suicide Room," how does Alyssa explain her brother's mental impairment?
(a) Poisoning accident.
(b) Birthing accident.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Childhood accident.
3. In "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he saw on the rich woman's island?
(a) A massacre.
(b) A police stake-out.
(c) A fire.
(d) A bomb.
4. How does David Appelow know Marnie Kastopolis?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They are step-brother and sister
(d) They went to school together.
5. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike claimed happened to all the animals on the rich woman's island in "The Rest of It"?
2. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
3. At the beginning of "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he once did on a boat?
4. Where is Roddy in the beginning of "The Rest of It"?
5. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of visiting the lit star?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator of "In the Basement" feel about Nicholas' relationship with Maria?
2. Where is Sara in the beginning of "Ladies and Gentlemen"?
3. In "The Rest of It," why does Roddy enjoy talking to Mike?
4. In "Middleman," what makes Elsa talk to John?
5. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb admit to trying to choke Kevin?
6. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe Lisa's lifestyle?
7. How do Griffin and his friends get inside the dorm room of the girl who killed herself in "The Suicide Room"?
8. How does Roddy feel about suggesting that Mike should write a book in "The Rest of It"?
9. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
10. At the end of "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)