|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin is?
(a) A con artist.
(b) A hit man.
(c) A president.
(d) A police officer.
2. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
(a) Because he really wants the job.
(b) Because he needs a good recommendation.
(c) He doesn't want to impress her.
(d) Because he finds her attractive.
3. Who travels to Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
(b) Roddy's boss.
(c) Roddy's co-worker.
4. In "Futures," why is David Applelow unemployed?
(a) His employer went out of business.
(b) He was fired.
(c) He quit his job.
(d) He isn't unemployed.
5. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he has done it before.
(b) Because he does the first wall well.
(c) Because he is physically talented.
(d) They don't think he can do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roddy excited to help Mike write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
2. Why does Casey run away from kissing Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
3. How does David Appelow know Marnie Kastopolis?
4. How does Roddy feel when he returns to work on Monday in "The Rest of It"?
5. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stories do the main characters tell in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
2. How does John try to help Elsa's acting career in "Middleman"?
3. Why does Will threaten to kill himself in "The Suicide Room"?
4. How does John feel at the end of "Middleman"?
5. Why is David irritated with Zach when they go to apply for jobs in "Futures"?
6. What does Caleb discover when he returns to Kevin's apartment in "When in Rome"?
7. What does Roddy do when his co-worker is in Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
8. Why does David Applelow worry about his money in "Futures"?
9. How does Caleb try to mend his relationship with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
10. How does Sara feel as she boards her plane for Los Angeles in "Ladies and Gentlemen"?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)