|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Suicide Room," why is Manion competing with Will?
(a) To see who can do the craziest stunt.
(b) To see who can get kicked out first.
(c) To see who can date the most girls.
(d) To see who can get the best grades.
2. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) No one.
(b) He wasn't sure.
(c) About fifty people.
(d) Servants and her dogs.
3. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
4. In "The Suicide Room," how did the boy die in Casey's story?
(a) He drove his car into a gas pump.
(b) He drove his car off a cliff.
(c) He drove his car into a lake.
(d) He drove his car into a tree.
5. Why does Casey run away from kissing Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because she doesn't like him any more.
(b) Because Alyssa catches them.
(c) Because she knows it is wrong.
(d) Because she wants to watch Will finish walking around the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
2. How old is David Applelow in "Futures"?
3. What does Griffin think when he sees Will walk past the window at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
4. In "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he saw on the rich woman's island?
5. Where are Will's friends while he walks around the dorm on a ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things does Mike tell Roddy about in "The Rest of It"?
2. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of go home after work?
3. How does Roddy feel about suggesting that Mike should write a book in "The Rest of It"?
4. In "The Rest of It," what seems to dictate Roddy's decisions?
5. What does Roddy do when his co-worker is in Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
6. In "Futures," what happens when Marnie and Zach argue in the hallway?
7. In "The Rest of It," why does Roddy enjoy talking to Mike?
8. Which two stories told by the characters of "The Suicide Room" seem least probable, and why?
9. Why is David irritated with Zach when they go to apply for jobs in "Futures"?
10. Why does David Applelow worry about his money in "Futures"?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)