|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Suicide Room," what does Will do to empty the dorm building so he and his friends can visit the site of a suicide?
(a) He cuts off the electricity.
(b) He says there are free drinks in a different building.
(c) He pulls a fire alarm.
(d) He calls a pretend emergency dorm meeting.
2. How does Zach describe his older brother in "Futures"?
3. What does David Applelow do when he doesn't hear back from Ms. Samuel after his first interview?
(a) He moves in with Marnie.
(b) He goes back to Ms. Samuel's office.
(c) He starts taking classes at his community college.
(d) He applies for jobs at restaurants.
4. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
(a) To identify shapes in the stars.
(b) To name the color of Ms. Samuel's aura.
(c) To read a Tarot card.
(d) To finish a crossword puzzle.
5. How does David Applelow feel after his second interview with Ms. Samuel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Griffin with in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
2. Where are Will's friends while he walks around the dorm on a ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
3. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
4. Why does David Applelow take Zach to a Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
5. In "Futures," who does Marnie Kastopolis say she does not want to have a copy of her key?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roddy react to speaking with his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
2. In "The Rest of It," what seems to dictate Roddy's decisions?
3. How do Griffin and his friends get inside the dorm room of the girl who killed herself in "The Suicide Room"?
4. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
5. When David and Zach first have a conversation in "Futures," what do they discuss?
6. In "Futures," why does David Applelow respond to the ad in the newspaper?
7. In "The Rest of It," how does Roddy know Mike?
8. What does David learn about the job he is interviewing for in "Futures"?
9. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of go home after work?
10. What does David learn about Zach when he takes him out to lunch in "Futures"?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)