|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
(a) He doesn't want to impress her.
(b) Because he needs a good recommendation.
(c) Because he really wants the job.
(d) Because he finds her attractive.
2. During David Applelow's final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does he guess?
(a) The meaning of symbols.
(b) The meaning of patterns.
(c) The meaning of colors.
(d) The meaning of star movements.
3. What does Will say he did right before his aunt died in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Tripped and fell.
(b) Asked a question about death.
(c) Unplugged his uncle's heart monitor.
(d) Dropped pills into her food.
4. In "The Suicide Room," how does Alyssa explain her brother's mental impairment?
(a) Childhood accident.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Poisoning accident.
(d) Birthing accident.
5. In "The Suicide Room," what does Griffin blame his grandfather's death on?
(a) A grease fire.
(b) A house fire.
(c) A lighter exploding.
(d) A bonfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roddy go to another professor's house in "The Rest of It"?
2. Who leaves Roddy a note on his office door in "The Rest of It"?
3. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
4. What does David Applelow do with the little money he has left during his unemployment?
5. How many moths is Manion reported to have eaten?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Suicide Room," what rumors are there about the dorm room of the girl who killed herself?
2. What happens when Will walks along the ledge of the dorm building in "The Suicide Room"?
3. How does Roddy react to speaking with his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
4. Why is David irritated with Zach when they go to apply for jobs in "Futures"?
5. How does David's second interview with Ms. Samuel vary from his first?
6. In "The Rest of It," what seems to dictate Roddy's decisions?
7. How does David Applelow react to his first interview with Ms. Samuel in "Futures"?
8. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
9. In "The Rest of It," how does Roddy know Mike?
10. What does David learn about the job he is interviewing for in "Futures"?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)