|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin killed?
(a) An unknown woman.
(b) His wife.
(c) Roddy's ex-wife.
(d) Mike's wife.
2. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) About fifty people.
(b) He wasn't sure.
(c) Servants and her dogs.
(d) No one.
3. What does David Applelow do with the little money he has left during his unemployment?
(a) He counts it daily.
(b) He hides his money in a book.
(c) He puts a lock on his savings account.
(d) He carries it all in his wallet.
4. What does David Applelow suggest Zach do while they are out to eat in "Futures"?
(a) He suggests that Zach should find a new job.
(b) He suggests that Zach start writing.
(c) He suggests that Zach go back to school.
(d) He suggests that Zach move to California.
5. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
(a) To read a Tarot card.
(b) To finish a crossword puzzle.
(c) To name the color of Ms. Samuel's aura.
(d) To identify shapes in the stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say he did right before his aunt died in "The Suicide Room"?
2. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
3. Who does Casey say saw the boy crash his car in "The Suicide Room"?
4. After Zach spends the night in David Applelow's apartment, what does he do the next day?
5. Why does David Applelow let Zach spend the night in his apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Futures," what happens when Marnie and Zach argue in the hallway?
2. In "The Rest of It," where does Roddy live?
3. How do Griffin and his friends react to being inside the dorm room of the girl who killed herself in "The Suicide Room"?
4. What does David learn about Zach when he takes him out to lunch in "Futures"?
5. What does Roddy do when his co-worker is in Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
6. Why is David irritated with Zach when they go to apply for jobs in "Futures"?
7. When David and Zach first have a conversation in "Futures," what do they discuss?
8. How does David's second interview with Ms. Samuel vary from his first?
9. Why does David Applelow worry about his money in "Futures"?
10. How do the main characters of "The Suicide Room" know each other?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)