|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mike surprise Roddy with a visit to his office in "The Rest of It"?
(a) After Roddy's final lecture.
(b) Before Roddy's first lecture.
(c) After Roddy's first lecture.
(d) Before Roddy's final lecture.
2. Where is Roddy in the beginning of "The Rest of It"?
(a) In his car.
(b) In his office.
(c) In a news room.
(d) In a classroom.
3. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
(a) To let her son in.
(b) To feed her cat.
(c) In case of emergencies.
(d) To water her plants.
4. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) They don't think he can do it.
(b) Because he does the first wall well.
(c) Because he has done it before.
(d) Because he is physically talented.
5. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
(a) To read a Tarot card.
(b) To identify shapes in the stars.
(c) To name the color of Ms. Samuel's aura.
(d) To finish a crossword puzzle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Griffin consider breaking up with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
2. During David Applelow's final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does he guess?
3. How does Zach describe his older brother in "Futures"?
4. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of visiting the lit star?
5. In "Futures," how does David Applelow feel when he sits with the other people interviewing for the job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roddy react to speaking with his ex-wife in "The Rest of It"?
2. What things does Mike tell Roddy about in "The Rest of It"?
3. When David and Zach first have a conversation in "Futures," what do they discuss?
4. How do Griffin and his friends get inside the dorm room of the girl who killed herself in "The Suicide Room"?
5. What does Roddy do when his co-worker is in Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
6. How do the main characters of "The Suicide Room" know each other?
7. In "The Rest of It," how does Roddy know Mike?
8. Which two stories told by the characters of "The Suicide Room" seem least probable, and why?
9. How does David's second interview with Ms. Samuel vary from his first?
10. In "The Suicide Room," what rumors are there about the dorm room of the girl who killed herself?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)