|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kevin call Caleb at work in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because his girlfriend left him.
(b) Because his work was robbed.
(c) Because he needs a ride.
(d) Because he met a girl.
2. In "Middleman," how long does Joshua help Elsa before she tells him to stop?
(a) A year.
(b) Half a year.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few weeks.
3. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father say about his time in the Navy?
(a) That he didn't try his hardest.
(b) That he made his best friends there.
(c) That he converted to Christianity.
(d) That he felt others were prejudiced against him.
4. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
5. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Movie work.
(b) Television work.
(c) Voice over work.
(d) Stage work.
6. At the end of "In the Basement," what does Carla tell the narrator?
(a) That he is a better man than Nicholas.
(b) That he needs to find a job.
(c) That she will stop nagging him.
(d) That she wants a divorce.
7. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
(a) Like she didn't care about who she married.
(b) Like she was auditioning for a play.
(c) Like she was trying to upset her parents.
(d) Like she was looking for a job.
8. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
(a) Because Caleb ordered him to.
(b) Because Troy asked him to.
(c) Because Kevin needed to get sick.
(d) Because he was arguing with Kevin.
9. In "In the Basement," why does Nicholas say Lisa's husband's family teases him?
(a) For being poor.
(b) For marrying a cultural outsider.
(c) For marrying an undereducated woman.
(d) For being short.
10. Why does the narrator want to know more about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
(a) He doesn't want to know about Lisa.
(b) Because he answers the phone when she calls.
(c) Because he remembers her from college.
(d) Because he sees her picture.
11. What family radio program does Joshua record in "Middleman"?
(a) The Beginning.
(b) The Body.
(c) The Chosen.
(d) The Awakening.
12. In "When in Rome," why does Kevin say he takes his nightly work deposits to the bank in the morning?
(a) So he can get home sooner.
(b) To make his boss angry.
(c) To avoid being robbed.
(d) Because it's the rule.
13. At the end of "In the Basement" what does the narrator think about himself?
(a) That he is smarter than his wife.
(b) That he might love Maria.
(c) That he is nothing like Nicholas.
(d) That he needs to go back to school.
14. Why does the narrator of "In the Basement" dislike the amount Maria works?
(a) Because she is pregnant.
(b) Because she has no time for family.
(c) Because she makes more money than he does.
(d) Because she is too talented for her job.
15. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb start talking to Kevin again?
(a) Because Kevin becomes sick.
(b) Because Caleb misses his brother.
(c) Because both their parents pass away.
(d) Because Kevin needs money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
2. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
3. In "In the Basement," how do Nicholas and Maria feel about Lisa's house?
4. In "In the Basement," what does the narrator say he heard about Maria and Nicholas' prior breakup?
5. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)