|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "When in Rome," what does Caleb do for a living?
(a) He is a police officer.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a judge.
(d) He is a teacher.
2. In "In the Basement," what does the narrator say he heard about Maria and Nicholas' prior breakup?
(a) That Nicholas cheated on Maria.
(b) That Maria stole money from Nicholas.
(c) That Maria's parents made them break up.
(d) That Nicholas stole jewelry from Maria.
3. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
(a) Like she didn't care about who she married.
(b) Like she was auditioning for a play.
(c) Like she was looking for a job.
(d) Like she was trying to upset her parents.
4. In "In the Basement," how does Maria know Lisa?
(a) They worked together.
(b) They went to high school together.
(c) They were college roommates.
(d) They were neighbors as children.
5. After choking his brother in "When in Rome," how long does Caleb go without speaking to Kevin?
(a) Over two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Over three years.
(d) Six months.
6. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because she is allergic to the dog.
(b) Because she couldn't house break the dog.
(c) Because she no longer likes the dog.
(d) Because her husband told her to.
7. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because Kevin never says thank you.
(b) Because Kevin always seems to need help.
(c) Because Kevin never returns the favor.
(d) Because Kevin's problems take too long to solve.
8. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb say he didn't want Kevin to drive to dinner during his law school visit?
(a) Because Kevin was high.
(b) Because Kevin didn't have a license.
(c) Because Kevin was drunk.
(d) Because Kevin was careless.
9. How does Maria say she reacted to seeing Lisa's dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) She called animal control on Lisa.
(b) She left the house quickly.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She freed the dog from Lisa.
10. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
(a) From work.
(b) From high school.
(c) From rehab.
(d) From college.
11. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father admit to almost becoming?
(a) A cantor.
(b) A priest.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A reporter.
12. Why does the narrator of "In the Basement" dislike the amount Maria works?
(a) Because she is too talented for her job.
(b) Because she makes more money than he does.
(c) Because she is pregnant.
(d) Because she has no time for family.
13. In "In the Basement," what does Maria do for a living?
(a) She is a doctor.
(b) She is an x-ray technician.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a medical student.
14. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
(a) For advice on training a dog.
(b) For advice on buying a dog.
(c) For advice on feeding dogs.
(d) For advice on breeding dogs.
15. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elsa impressed with Joshua's show business career in "Middleman"?
2. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Kevin reacted to being choked?
3. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
4. Who lectures Caleb when he leaves work to meet with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
5. Why do the narrator and his wife move carefully in Nicholas' apartment in "In the Basement"?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)