|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
(a) Because he is working on his dissertation.
(b) Because he always quits his jobs.
(c) Because he was fired for stealing.
(d) Because he is undereducated.
2. What does Joshua tell Elsa that makes her befriend him in "Middleman"?
(a) That his mom is an actress on Broadway.
(b) That his mom does voice over work on the radio.
(c) That he can help her get work in show business.
(d) That his dad is an agent.
3. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy used to finance his drug habit?
(a) With his father's money.
(b) No one knows.
(c) By stealing.
(d) By working overtime.
4. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
(a) To help her go over lines.
(b) Because he escorts her on the subway.
(c) Because she begs him to.
(d) He doesn't meet her at auditions.
5. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) Because he has a religious awakening.
(b) Because he is afraid of being Jewish.
(c) Because he wants to be Jewish.
(d) Because he wants to practice an eastern religion instead.
6. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say Lisa did with her narrative writing?
(a) Published it herself.
(b) Threw it away.
(c) Sold it for money.
(d) Burned it.
7. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because Kevin didn't have a license.
(b) Because Kevin threw cocaine at him.
(c) Because they drove through a red light.
(d) Because he didn't pay his taxes.
8. In "In the Basement," what does the narrator say he heard about Maria and Nicholas' prior breakup?
(a) That Nicholas stole jewelry from Maria.
(b) That Maria stole money from Nicholas.
(c) That Nicholas cheated on Maria.
(d) That Maria's parents made them break up.
9. How does Maria say she reacted to seeing Lisa's dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She called animal control on Lisa.
(c) She left the house quickly.
(d) She freed the dog from Lisa.
10. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
(a) Because Kevin needed to get sick.
(b) Because Troy asked him to.
(c) Because he was arguing with Kevin.
(d) Because Caleb ordered him to.
11. In "Middleman," how old is Joshua?
12. How does Joshua get to kiss Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) On a dare.
(b) Joshua kisses her when she isn't paying attention.
(c) Because she admits her feelings for him.
(d) As part of an audition.
13. In "Middleman," what type of school is Trinity?
14. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
(a) He thinks she is shy.
(b) He thinks she isn't that good.
(c) He doesn't pay enough attention.
(d) He thinks she is a natural.
15. Why does the agent in "Middleman" take on Elsa as a client?
(a) Her singing voice.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her connections.
(d) Her acting skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb start talking to Kevin again?
2. Why does Kevin call Caleb at work in "When in Rome"?
3. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Kevin reacted to being choked?
4. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy reacted when Kevin was choked?
5. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say he once chocked his brother?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)