|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose sister is Elsa in "Middleman"?
(c) No one's.
2. While in law school, where does Caleb say he visited Kevin in "When in Rome"?
(b) New York.
3. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
(a) He reads it in the paper.
(b) He never finds out.
(c) Kevin's girlfriend tells him.
(d) He sees them together.
4. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say he once chocked his brother?
(a) With a belt.
(b) With a tie.
(c) With a rope.
(d) With his hands.
5. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe the tone of Lisa's wedding?
6. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father say about his time in the Navy?
(a) That he made his best friends there.
(b) That he converted to Christianity.
(c) That he felt others were prejudiced against him.
(d) That he didn't try his hardest.
7. In "When in Rome," who does Caleb say was arrested after he choked Kevin?
(a) Kevin and Troy.
(c) Caleb and Kevin.
8. In "When in Rome," why does Kevin say he takes his nightly work deposits to the bank in the morning?
(a) So he can get home sooner.
(b) Because it's the rule.
(c) To make his boss angry.
(d) To avoid being robbed.
9. How does Maria say she reacted to seeing Lisa's dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) She left the house quickly.
(b) She freed the dog from Lisa.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She called animal control on Lisa.
10. What does Joshua tell Elsa that makes her befriend him in "Middleman"?
(a) That he can help her get work in show business.
(b) That his dad is an agent.
(c) That his mom does voice over work on the radio.
(d) That his mom is an actress on Broadway.
11. At the end of "In the Basement" what does the narrator think about himself?
(a) That he is smarter than his wife.
(b) That he needs to go back to school.
(c) That he is nothing like Nicholas.
(d) That he might love Maria.
12. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
13. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he knew the police officer.
(b) Caleb has no idea.
(c) Because he is lucky.
(d) Because he paid the police officer.
14. Why does Kevin call Caleb at work in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he met a girl.
(b) Because his work was robbed.
(c) Because he needs a ride.
(d) Because his girlfriend left him.
15. In "In the Basement," why does the narrator believe Maria has a large amount of debt?
(a) From student loans.
(b) From Nicholas using a credit card in her name.
(c) From a failed real estate venture.
(d) From medical expenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lectures Caleb when he leaves work to meet with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
2. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
3. Why does the agent in "Middleman" take on Elsa as a client?
4. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
5. Why does Kevin show Caleb a basement at his work in "When in Rome"?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)