|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "When in Rome," what does Caleb do for a living?
(a) He is a judge.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a police officer.
(d) He is a lawyer.
2. Why does Kevin show Caleb a basement at his work in "When in Rome"?
(a) So he can beg him for money.
(b) To waste time.
(c) So he can see where a robbery was attempted.
(d) To try to impress him.
3. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Stage work.
(b) Movie work.
(c) Voice over work.
(d) Television work.
4. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
5. How does Joshua define being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) With character traits.
(b) He can't define it.
(c) With emotional traits.
(d) With physical traits.
6. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father admit to almost becoming?
(a) A rabbi.
(b) A cantor.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A priest.
7. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
(a) For advice on training a dog.
(b) For advice on buying a dog.
(c) For advice on feeding dogs.
(d) For advice on breeding dogs.
8. In "When in Rome," who does Caleb say was arrested after he choked Kevin?
(b) Caleb and Kevin.
(d) Kevin and Troy.
9. In "Middleman," where does Elsa want to go to college?
10. In "In the Basement," where does Lisa live?
(a) New York.
11. In "In the Basement," what does the narrator say he heard about Maria and Nicholas' prior breakup?
(a) That Nicholas stole jewelry from Maria.
(b) That Nicholas cheated on Maria.
(c) That Maria's parents made them break up.
(d) That Maria stole money from Nicholas.
12. How does Joshua get Mr. Duckworth's attention in "Middleman"?
(a) He brings over some of his mother's cooking.
(b) He shows off an expensive watch.
(c) He reads a poem out loud.
(d) He tells about his father's job doing voiceovers.
13. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because she no longer likes the dog.
(b) Because she is allergic to the dog.
(c) Because she couldn't house break the dog.
(d) Because her husband told her to.
14. In "When in Rome," why does Kevin say he takes his nightly work deposits to the bank in the morning?
(a) To avoid being robbed.
(b) To make his boss angry.
(c) So he can get home sooner.
(d) Because it's the rule.
15. In "Middleman," why can't Joshua get Elsa's attention?
(a) Because he is so much younger than she.
(b) Because they are never in the same place.
(c) Because Elsa is focused on music.
(d) Because he is too afraid to talk to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In the Basement," why does the narrator believe Maria has a large amount of debt?
2. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
3. What family radio program does Joshua record in "Middleman"?
4. Why does the agent in "Middleman" take on Elsa as a client?
5. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)