|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Television work.
(b) Stage work.
(c) Voice over work.
(d) Movie work.
2. In "Middleman," what type of school is Trinity?
3. What does Nicholas say Lisa did instead of going to graduate school in "In the Basement"?
(a) She planned other people's weddings.
(b) She traveled.
(c) She tried to write a novel.
(d) She worked a series of short term jobs.
4. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
(a) He doesn't pay enough attention.
(b) He thinks she is shy.
(c) He thinks she isn't that good.
(d) He thinks she is a natural.
5. In "In the Basement," how do Nicholas and Maria feel about Lisa's house?
(a) They are upset.
(b) They laugh at it.
(c) They don't care about it.
(d) They are impressed.
6. In "In the Basement," why does the narrator believe Maria has a large amount of debt?
(a) From student loans.
(b) From medical expenses.
(c) From Nicholas using a credit card in her name.
(d) From a failed real estate venture.
7. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because Kevin never says thank you.
(b) Because Kevin never returns the favor.
(c) Because Kevin always seems to need help.
(d) Because Kevin's problems take too long to solve.
8. In "Middleman," how long does Joshua help Elsa before she tells him to stop?
(a) A few months.
(b) A year.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) Half a year.
9. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
10. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because she no longer likes the dog.
(b) Because her husband told her to.
(c) Because she is allergic to the dog.
(d) Because she couldn't house break the dog.
11. In "In the Basement," what does Maria do for a living?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is an x-ray technician.
(c) She is a doctor.
(d) She is a medical student.
12. In "When in Rome," what does Caleb do for a living?
(a) He is a judge.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a police officer.
13. How does Joshua get Mr. Duckworth's attention in "Middleman"?
(a) He reads a poem out loud.
(b) He brings over some of his mother's cooking.
(c) He shows off an expensive watch.
(d) He tells about his father's job doing voiceovers.
14. How does Joshua get to kiss Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) Because she admits her feelings for him.
(b) Joshua kisses her when she isn't paying attention.
(c) As part of an audition.
(d) On a dare.
15. In "When in Rome," why does Kevin say he takes his nightly work deposits to the bank in the morning?
(a) So he can get home sooner.
(b) To avoid being robbed.
(c) Because it's the rule.
(d) To make his boss angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator want to know more about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
2. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb say he didn't want Kevin to drive to dinner during his law school visit?
3. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy used to finance his drug habit?
4. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
5. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say Lisa did with her narrative writing?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)