|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in law school, where does Caleb say he visited Kevin in "When in Rome"?
(a) New York.
2. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy reacted when Kevin was choked?
(a) Troy called the police.
(b) Troy choked Caleb.
(c) Troy fought back.
(d) Troy ran away.
3. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Television work.
(b) Movie work.
(c) Voice over work.
(d) Stage work.
4. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
5. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
(a) He thinks she is shy.
(b) He thinks she is a natural.
(c) He thinks she isn't that good.
(d) He doesn't pay enough attention.
6. In "In the Basement," what does Maria do for a living?
(a) She is an x-ray technician.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a doctor.
(d) She is a medical student.
7. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
(a) For advice on feeding dogs.
(b) For advice on buying a dog.
(c) For advice on training a dog.
(d) For advice on breeding dogs.
8. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
9. In "Middleman," how long does Joshua help Elsa before she tells him to stop?
(a) Half a year.
(b) A year.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few months.
10. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
(a) From rehab.
(b) From college.
(c) From high school.
(d) From work.
11. Why does the narrator of "In the Basement" dislike the amount Maria works?
(a) Because she is pregnant.
(b) Because she is too talented for her job.
(c) Because she has no time for family.
(d) Because she makes more money than he does.
12. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
13. In "Middleman," how does Joshua's father describe their last name?
(a) As being secular.
(b) As being shameful.
(c) As being superior.
(d) As being modified.
14. Why does Caleb claim Kevin drove through a red light in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he fell asleep.
(b) Because he is a terrible driver.
(c) Because he was high.
(d) Because they were arguing.
15. At the end of "In the Basement" what does the narrator think about himself?
(a) That he is smarter than his wife.
(b) That he might love Maria.
(c) That he needs to go back to school.
(d) That he is nothing like Nicholas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
2. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
3. After choking his brother in "When in Rome," how long does Caleb go without speaking to Kevin?
4. Why does Kevin show Caleb a basement at his work in "When in Rome"?
5. What does Nicholas say Lisa did instead of going to graduate school in "In the Basement"?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)