|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "In the Basement" what does the narrator think about himself?
(a) That he is smarter than his wife.
(b) That he is nothing like Nicholas.
(c) That he needs to go back to school.
(d) That he might love Maria.
2. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say Lisa did with her narrative writing?
(a) Published it herself.
(b) Threw it away.
(c) Burned it.
(d) Sold it for money.
3. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father admit to almost becoming?
(a) A priest.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A cantor.
(d) A reporter.
4. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because she no longer likes the dog.
(b) Because she is allergic to the dog.
(c) Because her husband told her to.
(d) Because she couldn't house break the dog.
5. Why does Kevin show Caleb a basement at his work in "When in Rome"?
(a) So he can see where a robbery was attempted.
(b) To try to impress him.
(c) To waste time.
(d) So he can beg him for money.
6. In "When in Rome," why does Kevin say he takes his nightly work deposits to the bank in the morning?
(a) So he can get home sooner.
(b) To make his boss angry.
(c) To avoid being robbed.
(d) Because it's the rule.
7. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he paid the police officer.
(b) Caleb has no idea.
(c) Because he knew the police officer.
(d) Because he is lucky.
8. In "When in Rome," who does Caleb say was arrested after he choked Kevin?
(a) Kevin and Troy.
(b) Caleb and Kevin.
9. In "Middleman," why can't Joshua get Elsa's attention?
(a) Because he is too afraid to talk to her.
(b) Because he is so much younger than she.
(c) Because Elsa is focused on music.
(d) Because they are never in the same place.
10. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say he once chocked his brother?
(a) With a belt.
(b) With a rope.
(c) With his hands.
(d) With a tie.
11. In "Middleman," how old is Joshua?
12. Why is Elsa impressed with Joshua's show business career in "Middleman"?
(a) It doesn't really interest her.
(b) Because she thinks he is rich.
(c) Because she has always been an actress.
(d) Because she wants to be famous too.
13. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
14. In "Middleman," how does Joshua's father describe their last name?
(a) As being shameful.
(b) As being superior.
(c) As being modified.
(d) As being secular.
15. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because Kevin's problems take too long to solve.
(b) Because Kevin never says thank you.
(c) Because Kevin never returns the favor.
(d) Because Kevin always seems to need help.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
2. In "When in Rome," where does Kevin work?
3. How does Joshua define being Jewish in "Middleman"?
4. What does Nicholas say Lisa did instead of going to graduate school in "In the Basement"?
5. In "In the Basement," what does Maria do for a living?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)