|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kevin call Caleb at work in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he met a girl.
(b) Because his girlfriend left him.
(c) Because his work was robbed.
(d) Because he needs a ride.
2. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
3. What does Joshua tell Elsa that makes her befriend him in "Middleman"?
(a) That he can help her get work in show business.
(b) That his mom is an actress on Broadway.
(c) That his dad is an agent.
(d) That his mom does voice over work on the radio.
4. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
5. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
(a) From college.
(b) From rehab.
(c) From work.
(d) From high school.
6. In "Middleman," how old is Joshua?
7. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) Because he wants to be Jewish.
(b) Because he is afraid of being Jewish.
(c) Because he wants to practice an eastern religion instead.
(d) Because he has a religious awakening.
8. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because Kevin never returns the favor.
(b) Because Kevin's problems take too long to solve.
(c) Because Kevin always seems to need help.
(d) Because Kevin never says thank you.
9. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
10. In "Middleman," what type of school is Trinity?
11. In "In the Basement," how does Maria know Lisa?
(a) They worked together.
(b) They were college roommates.
(c) They went to high school together.
(d) They were neighbors as children.
12. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Movie work.
(b) Television work.
(c) Voice over work.
(d) Stage work.
13. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he paid the police officer.
(b) Because he is lucky.
(c) Caleb has no idea.
(d) Because he knew the police officer.
14. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
(a) Because he always quits his jobs.
(b) Because he was fired for stealing.
(c) Because he is working on his dissertation.
(d) Because he is undereducated.
15. Where does Caleb say Kevin went to buy drugs during his law school visit in "When in Rome"?
(a) A schoolyard.
(b) From their uncle.
(c) Behind a restaurant.
(d) A stranger's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In the Basement," what does the narrator say he heard about Maria and Nicholas' prior breakup?
2. In "In the Basement," why does the narrator believe Maria has a large amount of debt?
3. In "Middleman," why can't Joshua get Elsa's attention?
4. At the end of "In the Basement," what does Carla tell the narrator?
5. How does Maria say she reacted to seeing Lisa's dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)