|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb start talking to Kevin again?
(a) Because Caleb misses his brother.
(b) Because both their parents pass away.
(c) Because Kevin needs money.
(d) Because Kevin becomes sick.
2. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he didn't pay his taxes.
(b) Because Kevin didn't have a license.
(c) Because they drove through a red light.
(d) Because Kevin threw cocaine at him.
3. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
(a) He sees them together.
(b) He never finds out.
(c) He reads it in the paper.
(d) Kevin's girlfriend tells him.
4. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
(a) Like she was looking for a job.
(b) Like she didn't care about who she married.
(c) Like she was auditioning for a play.
(d) Like she was trying to upset her parents.
5. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Kevin reacted to being choked?
(a) Kevin fought back.
(b) Kevin bit his arm.
(c) Kevin did nothing.
(d) Kevin called the police.
6. How does Joshua get to kiss Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) On a dare.
(b) Because she admits her feelings for him.
(c) Joshua kisses her when she isn't paying attention.
(d) As part of an audition.
7. What does Joshua do to try to help Elsa with her acting career in "Middleman"?
(a) He has his father hire her.
(b) He sets up a meeting with an agent.
(c) He takes her to auditions.
(d) He practices voice lessons with her.
8. How does Joshua define being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) With physical traits.
(b) With emotional traits.
(c) He can't define it.
(d) With character traits.
9. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
10. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
(a) For advice on buying a dog.
(b) For advice on training a dog.
(c) For advice on feeding dogs.
(d) For advice on breeding dogs.
11. In "In the Basement," how do Nicholas and Maria feel about Lisa's house?
(a) They are upset.
(b) They laugh at it.
(c) They are impressed.
(d) They don't care about it.
12. Who becomes angry with Joshua after he helps Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her agent.
13. In "In the Basement," where does Lisa live?
(d) New York.
14. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
(a) He doesn't meet her at auditions.
(b) To help her go over lines.
(c) Because he escorts her on the subway.
(d) Because she begs him to.
15. In "In the Basement," what does the narrator say he heard about Maria and Nicholas' prior breakup?
(a) That Nicholas stole jewelry from Maria.
(b) That Nicholas cheated on Maria.
(c) That Maria stole money from Nicholas.
(d) That Maria's parents made them break up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
2. Why does the narrator want to know more about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
3. In "When in Rome," where does Kevin work?
4. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
5. In "In the Basement," why does the narrator believe Maria has a large amount of debt?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)