|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
(a) Kevin's girlfriend tells him.
(b) He reads it in the paper.
(c) He sees them together.
(d) He never finds out.
2. How does Joshua define being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) With emotional traits.
(b) He can't define it.
(c) With physical traits.
(d) With character traits.
3. While in law school, where does Caleb say he visited Kevin in "When in Rome"?
(b) New York.
4. In "In the Basement," how many children does Lisa have?
5. In "Middleman," what type of school is Trinity?
6. In "Middleman," how old is Joshua?
7. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Stage work.
(b) Movie work.
(c) Television work.
(d) Voice over work.
8. Why is Elsa impressed with Joshua's show business career in "Middleman"?
(a) It doesn't really interest her.
(b) Because she has always been an actress.
(c) Because she wants to be famous too.
(d) Because she thinks he is rich.
9. Where does Caleb say Kevin went to buy drugs during his law school visit in "When in Rome"?
(a) A schoolyard.
(b) From their uncle.
(c) Behind a restaurant.
(d) A stranger's house.
10. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
11. At the end of "In the Basement" what does the narrator think about himself?
(a) That he is smarter than his wife.
(b) That he is nothing like Nicholas.
(c) That he needs to go back to school.
(d) That he might love Maria.
12. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
(a) For advice on feeding dogs.
(b) For advice on breeding dogs.
(c) For advice on training a dog.
(d) For advice on buying a dog.
13. In "In the Basement," where does Lisa live?
(b) New York.
14. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
(a) From work.
(b) From rehab.
(c) From college.
(d) From high school.
15. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say Lisa did with her narrative writing?
(a) Burned it.
(b) Threw it away.
(c) Published it herself.
(d) Sold it for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy reacted when Kevin was choked?
2. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
3. In "Middleman," why can't Joshua get Elsa's attention?
4. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say about his unborn child's gender?
5. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb start talking to Kevin again?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)