|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator want to know more about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because he answers the phone when she calls.
(b) Because he sees her picture.
(c) He doesn't want to know about Lisa.
(d) Because he remembers her from college.
2. In "When in Rome," who does Caleb say was arrested after he choked Kevin?
(a) Kevin and Troy.
(c) Caleb and Kevin.
3. At the end of "In the Basement," what does Carla tell the narrator?
(a) That he is a better man than Nicholas.
(b) That he needs to find a job.
(c) That she will stop nagging him.
(d) That she wants a divorce.
4. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy used to finance his drug habit?
(a) No one knows.
(b) By stealing.
(c) With his father's money.
(d) By working overtime.
5. In "When in Rome," why does Kevin say he takes his nightly work deposits to the bank in the morning?
(a) So he can get home sooner.
(b) To avoid being robbed.
(c) To make his boss angry.
(d) Because it's the rule.
6. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he paid the police officer.
(b) Caleb has no idea.
(c) Because he is lucky.
(d) Because he knew the police officer.
7. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
8. In "In the Basement," how do Nicholas and Maria feel about Lisa's house?
(a) They laugh at it.
(b) They don't care about it.
(c) They are impressed.
(d) They are upset.
9. How does Joshua get Mr. Duckworth's attention in "Middleman"?
(a) He shows off an expensive watch.
(b) He tells about his father's job doing voiceovers.
(c) He brings over some of his mother's cooking.
(d) He reads a poem out loud.
10. What does recording the family radio program in "Middleman" make Joshua question?
(d) The afterlife.
11. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
12. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
(a) To help her go over lines.
(b) Because she begs him to.
(c) Because he escorts her on the subway.
(d) He doesn't meet her at auditions.
13. In "Middleman," what type of school is Trinity?
14. In "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel about Maria taking Nicholas back?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He is happy about it.
(d) He is angry over it.
15. In "Middleman," how old is Joshua?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lectures Caleb when he leaves work to meet with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
2. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
3. While in law school, where does Caleb say he visited Kevin in "When in Rome"?
4. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
5. After choking his brother in "When in Rome," how long does Caleb go without speaking to Kevin?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)