|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "When in Rome," who does Caleb say was arrested after he choked Kevin?
(a) Kevin and Troy.
(b) Caleb and Kevin.
2. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
(a) Because he is working on his dissertation.
(b) Because he is undereducated.
(c) Because he was fired for stealing.
(d) Because he always quits his jobs.
3. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he is lucky.
(b) Caleb has no idea.
(c) Because he knew the police officer.
(d) Because he paid the police officer.
4. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Stage work.
(b) Television work.
(c) Movie work.
(d) Voice over work.
5. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
(a) From high school.
(b) From work.
(c) From college.
(d) From rehab.
6. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because she is allergic to the dog.
(b) Because she couldn't house break the dog.
(c) Because she no longer likes the dog.
(d) Because her husband told her to.
7. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because Kevin never says thank you.
(b) Because Kevin's problems take too long to solve.
(c) Because Kevin never returns the favor.
(d) Because Kevin always seems to need help.
8. How does Joshua get to kiss Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) Because she admits her feelings for him.
(b) Joshua kisses her when she isn't paying attention.
(c) On a dare.
(d) As part of an audition.
9. Who becomes angry with Joshua after he helps Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her agent.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
10. Why does the narrator of "In the Basement" dislike the amount Maria works?
(a) Because she has no time for family.
(b) Because she is too talented for her job.
(c) Because she is pregnant.
(d) Because she makes more money than he does.
11. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
12. In "When in Rome," where does Kevin work?
(a) A store.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A museum.
(d) A restaurant.
13. In "Middleman," how long does Joshua help Elsa before she tells him to stop?
(a) A year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) Half a year.
(d) A few months.
14. How does Maria say she reacted to seeing Lisa's dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) She called animal control on Lisa.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She left the house quickly.
(d) She freed the dog from Lisa.
15. At the end of "In the Basement," what does Carla tell the narrator?
(a) That she will stop nagging him.
(b) That she wants a divorce.
(c) That he is a better man than Nicholas.
(d) That he needs to find a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joshua do to try to help Elsa with her acting career in "Middleman"?
2. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
3. At the end of "In the Basement" what does the narrator think about himself?
4. What does recording the family radio program in "Middleman" make Joshua question?
5. Why does Kevin call Caleb at work in "When in Rome"?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)