|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy used to finance his drug habit?
(a) No one knows.
(b) By working overtime.
(c) By stealing.
(d) With his father's money.
2. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
3. What does Joshua tell Elsa that makes her befriend him in "Middleman"?
(a) That his mom is an actress on Broadway.
(b) That his mom does voice over work on the radio.
(c) That he can help her get work in show business.
(d) That his dad is an agent.
4. What does Nicholas say Lisa did instead of going to graduate school in "In the Basement"?
(a) She planned other people's weddings.
(b) She traveled.
(c) She tried to write a novel.
(d) She worked a series of short term jobs.
5. Whose sister is Elsa in "Middleman"?
(b) No one's.
6. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say he once chocked his brother?
(a) With a rope.
(b) With his hands.
(c) With a tie.
(d) With a belt.
7. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe the tone of Lisa's wedding?
8. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
9. In "When in Rome," who does Caleb say was arrested after he choked Kevin?
(b) Kevin and Troy.
(c) Caleb and Kevin.
10. In "Middleman," where does Elsa want to go to college?
11. Why does the narrator want to know more about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because he sees her picture.
(b) Because he remembers her from college.
(c) Because he answers the phone when she calls.
(d) He doesn't want to know about Lisa.
12. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
(a) Like she was trying to upset her parents.
(b) Like she didn't care about who she married.
(c) Like she was looking for a job.
(d) Like she was auditioning for a play.
13. In "Middleman," how old is Joshua?
14. Why does Joshua ask his parents about being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) Because he has a religious awakening.
(b) Because he is afraid of being Jewish.
(c) Because he wants to practice an eastern religion instead.
(d) Because he wants to be Jewish.
15. How does Joshua get Mr. Duckworth's attention in "Middleman"?
(a) He shows off an expensive watch.
(b) He reads a poem out loud.
(c) He brings over some of his mother's cooking.
(d) He tells about his father's job doing voiceovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the narrator and his wife move carefully in Nicholas' apartment in "In the Basement"?
2. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy reacted when Kevin was choked?
3. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
4. In "Middleman," what type of school is Trinity?
5. In "In the Basement," what does Maria do for a living?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)