|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy used to finance his drug habit?
(a) By stealing.
(b) With his father's money.
(c) By working overtime.
(d) No one knows.
2. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because she is allergic to the dog.
(b) Because she no longer likes the dog.
(c) Because her husband told her to.
(d) Because she couldn't house break the dog.
3. In "When in Rome," what does Caleb do for a living?
(a) He is a judge.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a police officer.
4. Who lectures Caleb when he leaves work to meet with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
(a) No one.
(b) His boss.
(c) His co-worker.
(d) His secretary.
5. In "In the Basement," why does Nicholas say Lisa's husband's family teases him?
(a) For being poor.
(b) For being short.
(c) For marrying an undereducated woman.
(d) For marrying a cultural outsider.
6. In "Middleman," why can't Joshua get Elsa's attention?
(a) Because he is so much younger than she.
(b) Because they are never in the same place.
(c) Because Elsa is focused on music.
(d) Because he is too afraid to talk to her.
7. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
(a) Like she didn't care about who she married.
(b) Like she was looking for a job.
(c) Like she was trying to upset her parents.
(d) Like she was auditioning for a play.
8. What does Joshua do to try to help Elsa with her acting career in "Middleman"?
(a) He practices voice lessons with her.
(b) He takes her to auditions.
(c) He has his father hire her.
(d) He sets up a meeting with an agent.
9. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say about his unborn child's gender?
(a) He refers to the baby as a boy.
(b) He insists they keep it a secret.
(c) He never mentions the gender.
(d) He refers to the baby as a girl.
10. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Television work.
(b) Stage work.
(c) Voice over work.
(d) Movie work.
11. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
(a) For advice on breeding dogs.
(b) For advice on buying a dog.
(c) For advice on feeding dogs.
(d) For advice on training a dog.
12. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father say about his time in the Navy?
(a) That he felt others were prejudiced against him.
(b) That he didn't try his hardest.
(c) That he converted to Christianity.
(d) That he made his best friends there.
13. Why does Caleb claim Kevin drove through a red light in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he is a terrible driver.
(b) Because he fell asleep.
(c) Because they were arguing.
(d) Because he was high.
14. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Kevin reacted to being choked?
(a) Kevin called the police.
(b) Kevin fought back.
(c) Kevin did nothing.
(d) Kevin bit his arm.
15. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy reacted when Kevin was choked?
(a) Troy choked Caleb.
(b) Troy ran away.
(c) Troy called the police.
(d) Troy fought back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "In the Basement" dislike the amount Maria works?
2. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
3. What does Joshua tell Elsa that makes her befriend him in "Middleman"?
4. In "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel about Maria taking Nicholas back?
5. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)