|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "In the Basement," what does Maria do for a living?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is an x-ray technician.
(c) She is a doctor.
(d) She is a medical student.
2. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
(a) From college.
(b) From rehab.
(c) From work.
(d) From high school.
3. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father admit to almost becoming?
(a) A priest.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A cantor.
(d) A rabbi.
4. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say about his unborn child's gender?
(a) He never mentions the gender.
(b) He refers to the baby as a girl.
(c) He refers to the baby as a boy.
(d) He insists they keep it a secret.
5. In "In the Basement," what does the narrator say he heard about Maria and Nicholas' prior breakup?
(a) That Nicholas cheated on Maria.
(b) That Maria stole money from Nicholas.
(c) That Maria's parents made them break up.
(d) That Nicholas stole jewelry from Maria.
6. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
(a) To help her go over lines.
(b) He doesn't meet her at auditions.
(c) Because he escorts her on the subway.
(d) Because she begs him to.
7. In "In the Basement," how do Nicholas and Maria feel about Lisa's house?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They don't care about it.
(c) They are upset.
(d) They laugh at it.
8. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
(a) Like she was auditioning for a play.
(b) Like she was trying to upset her parents.
(c) Like she didn't care about who she married.
(d) Like she was looking for a job.
9. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
10. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
(a) He sees them together.
(b) He never finds out.
(c) He reads it in the paper.
(d) Kevin's girlfriend tells him.
11. In "When in Rome," where does Kevin work?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A museum.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A store.
12. In "In the Basement," how does Maria know Lisa?
(a) They went to high school together.
(b) They were college roommates.
(c) They worked together.
(d) They were neighbors as children.
13. At the end of "In the Basement" what does the narrator think about himself?
(a) That he is smarter than his wife.
(b) That he needs to go back to school.
(c) That he might love Maria.
(d) That he is nothing like Nicholas.
14. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because her husband told her to.
(b) Because she couldn't house break the dog.
(c) Because she no longer likes the dog.
(d) Because she is allergic to the dog.
15. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy used to finance his drug habit?
(a) By stealing.
(b) With his father's money.
(c) By working overtime.
(d) No one knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
2. In "Middleman," how does Joshua's father describe their last name?
3. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
4. What does recording the family radio program in "Middleman" make Joshua question?
5. In "In the Basement," why does the narrator believe Maria has a large amount of debt?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)