|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "In the Basement," what does Carla tell the narrator?
(a) That he is a better man than Nicholas.
(b) That she wants a divorce.
(c) That she will stop nagging him.
(d) That he needs to find a job.
2. How does Joshua define being Jewish in "Middleman"?
(a) With physical traits.
(b) He can't define it.
(c) With character traits.
(d) With emotional traits.
3. Whose sister is Elsa in "Middleman"?
(d) No one's.
4. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
(a) Like she was auditioning for a play.
(b) Like she was trying to upset her parents.
(c) Like she didn't care about who she married.
(d) Like she was looking for a job.
5. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father admit to almost becoming?
(a) A rabbi.
(b) A cantor.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A priest.
6. In "In the Basement," how does the narrator feel about Maria taking Nicholas back?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He is happy about it.
(d) He is angry over it.
7. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe the tone of Lisa's wedding?
8. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Television work.
(b) Movie work.
(c) Stage work.
(d) Voice over work.
9. In "When in Rome," who does Caleb say was arrested after he choked Kevin?
(a) Caleb and Kevin.
(c) Kevin and Troy.
10. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because Kevin didn't have a license.
(b) Because Kevin threw cocaine at him.
(c) Because he didn't pay his taxes.
(d) Because they drove through a red light.
11. Why does Kevin call Caleb at work in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because his work was robbed.
(b) Because his girlfriend left him.
(c) Because he needs a ride.
(d) Because he met a girl.
12. How does Joshua get to kiss Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) As part of an audition.
(b) Because she admits her feelings for him.
(c) Joshua kisses her when she isn't paying attention.
(d) On a dare.
13. In "In the Basement," where does Lisa live?
(d) New York.
14. Why do the narrator and his wife move carefully in Nicholas' apartment in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because the apartment is filled with valuables.
(b) They don't move carefully.
(c) Because the apartment is small.
(d) Because the neighbors hate noise.
15. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Kevin reacted to being choked?
(a) Kevin called the police.
(b) Kevin did nothing.
(c) Kevin fought back.
(d) Kevin bit his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
2. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
3. In "Middleman," how does Joshua's father describe their last name?
4. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
5. What family radio program does Joshua record in "Middleman"?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)