|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the narrator and his wife move carefully in Nicholas' apartment in "In the Basement"?
(a) They don't move carefully.
(b) Because the apartment is filled with valuables.
(c) Because the neighbors hate noise.
(d) Because the apartment is small.
2. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
(a) Because he is working on his dissertation.
(b) Because he was fired for stealing.
(c) Because he always quits his jobs.
(d) Because he is undereducated.
3. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
(a) For advice on buying a dog.
(b) For advice on training a dog.
(c) For advice on feeding dogs.
(d) For advice on breeding dogs.
4. Why does the narrator want to know more about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
(a) He doesn't want to know about Lisa.
(b) Because he remembers her from college.
(c) Because he sees her picture.
(d) Because he answers the phone when she calls.
5. After choking his brother in "When in Rome," how long does Caleb go without speaking to Kevin?
(a) Over three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Over two years.
(d) One year.
6. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
7. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
(a) Caleb has no idea.
(b) Because he knew the police officer.
(c) Because he paid the police officer.
(d) Because he is lucky.
8. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
9. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father admit to almost becoming?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A priest.
(c) A cantor.
(d) A rabbi.
10. In "When in Rome," where does Kevin work?
(a) A museum.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A store.
11. What family radio program does Joshua record in "Middleman"?
(a) The Beginning.
(b) The Chosen.
(c) The Awakening.
(d) The Body.
12. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
(a) He thinks she is a natural.
(b) He doesn't pay enough attention.
(c) He thinks she isn't that good.
(d) He thinks she is shy.
13. Whose sister is Elsa in "Middleman"?
(c) No one's.
14. While in law school, where does Caleb say he visited Kevin in "When in Rome"?
(d) New York.
15. At the end of "In the Basement," what does Carla tell the narrator?
(a) That he needs to find a job.
(b) That she wants a divorce.
(c) That he is a better man than Nicholas.
(d) That she will stop nagging him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kevin call Caleb at work in "When in Rome"?
2. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
3. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
4. What does Joshua do to try to help Elsa with her acting career in "Middleman"?
5. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say he once chocked his brother?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)