|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas say Lisa did instead of going to graduate school in "In the Basement"?
(a) She traveled.
(b) She worked a series of short term jobs.
(c) She tried to write a novel.
(d) She planned other people's weddings.
2. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say about his unborn child's gender?
(a) He never mentions the gender.
(b) He refers to the baby as a boy.
(c) He refers to the baby as a girl.
(d) He insists they keep it a secret.
3. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he didn't pay his taxes.
(b) Because they drove through a red light.
(c) Because Kevin didn't have a license.
(d) Because Kevin threw cocaine at him.
4. In "In the Basement," where does Lisa live?
(b) New York.
5. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
(a) He reads it in the paper.
(b) He never finds out.
(c) He sees them together.
(d) Kevin's girlfriend tells him.
6. In "In the Basement," how does Maria know Lisa?
(a) They were neighbors as children.
(b) They worked together.
(c) They went to high school together.
(d) They were college roommates.
7. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
(a) For advice on buying a dog.
(b) For advice on breeding dogs.
(c) For advice on feeding dogs.
(d) For advice on training a dog.
8. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
(a) Like she was auditioning for a play.
(b) Like she was trying to upset her parents.
(c) Like she was looking for a job.
(d) Like she didn't care about who she married.
9. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father say about his time in the Navy?
(a) That he felt others were prejudiced against him.
(b) That he converted to Christianity.
(c) That he made his best friends there.
(d) That he didn't try his hardest.
10. In "Middleman," what type of school is Trinity?
11. Where does Caleb say Kevin went to buy drugs during his law school visit in "When in Rome"?
(a) From their uncle.
(b) A schoolyard.
(c) Behind a restaurant.
(d) A stranger's house.
12. Why does Kevin show Caleb a basement at his work in "When in Rome"?
(a) To waste time.
(b) To try to impress him.
(c) So he can see where a robbery was attempted.
(d) So he can beg him for money.
13. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
(a) From work.
(b) From college.
(c) From high school.
(d) From rehab.
14. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
(a) He thinks she isn't that good.
(b) He thinks she is a natural.
(c) He thinks she is shy.
(d) He doesn't pay enough attention.
15. Who becomes angry with Joshua after he helps Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
2. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb say he didn't want Kevin to drive to dinner during his law school visit?
3. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
4. How does Joshua get Mr. Duckworth's attention in "Middleman"?
5. In "Middleman," where does Elsa want to go to college?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)