|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caleb discover that the mugger in "When in Rome" knows his brother?
(a) He never finds out.
(b) He reads it in the paper.
(c) He sees them together.
(d) Kevin's girlfriend tells him.
2. In "In the Basement," what does the narrator say he heard about Maria and Nicholas' prior breakup?
(a) That Maria's parents made them break up.
(b) That Nicholas cheated on Maria.
(c) That Maria stole money from Nicholas.
(d) That Nicholas stole jewelry from Maria.
3. What does Joshua tell Elsa that makes her befriend him in "Middleman"?
(a) That his mom is an actress on Broadway.
(b) That his dad is an agent.
(c) That he can help her get work in show business.
(d) That his mom does voice over work on the radio.
4. In "When in Rome," how does Kevin know Troy?
(a) From high school.
(b) From work.
(c) From rehab.
(d) From college.
5. In "Middleman," what does Joshua tell Elsa he has done as an actor?
(a) Stage work.
(b) Television work.
(c) Voice over work.
(d) Movie work.
6. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
7. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb start talking to Kevin again?
(a) Because Kevin becomes sick.
(b) Because both their parents pass away.
(c) Because Caleb misses his brother.
(d) Because Kevin needs money.
8. Why do the narrator and his wife move carefully in Nicholas' apartment in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because the neighbors hate noise.
(b) They don't move carefully.
(c) Because the apartment is filled with valuables.
(d) Because the apartment is small.
9. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Kevin reacted to being choked?
(a) Kevin called the police.
(b) Kevin bit his arm.
(c) Kevin fought back.
(d) Kevin did nothing.
10. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he knew the police officer.
(b) Because he paid the police officer.
(c) Because he is lucky.
(d) Caleb has no idea.
11. In "In the Basement," why does Nicholas say Lisa's husband's family teases him?
(a) For being poor.
(b) For marrying a cultural outsider.
(c) For being short.
(d) For marrying an undereducated woman.
12. Whose sister is Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) No one's.
13. How does Joshua get Mr. Duckworth's attention in "Middleman"?
(a) He shows off an expensive watch.
(b) He tells about his father's job doing voiceovers.
(c) He brings over some of his mother's cooking.
(d) He reads a poem out loud.
14. Where does Caleb say Kevin went to buy drugs during his law school visit in "When in Rome"?
(a) A stranger's house.
(b) Behind a restaurant.
(c) From their uncle.
(d) A schoolyard.
15. Who lectures Caleb when he leaves work to meet with Kevin in "When in Rome"?
(a) His boss.
(b) His co-worker.
(c) His secretary.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
2. In "Middleman," how does Joshua's father describe their last name?
3. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb say he didn't want Kevin to drive to dinner during his law school visit?
4. In "In the Basement," what does Maria do for a living?
5. What family radio program does Joshua record in "Middleman"?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)