|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caleb dislike helping his brother in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because Kevin never returns the favor.
(b) Because Kevin never says thank you.
(c) Because Kevin's problems take too long to solve.
(d) Because Kevin always seems to need help.
2. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father admit to almost becoming?
(a) A rabbi.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A priest.
(d) A cantor.
3. In "Middleman," what does Joshua think of Elsa's acting skills the first time she performs for him?
(a) He thinks she is a natural.
(b) He doesn't pay enough attention.
(c) He thinks she is shy.
(d) He thinks she isn't that good.
4. How does Joshua get Mr. Duckworth's attention in "Middleman"?
(a) He brings over some of his mother's cooking.
(b) He tells about his father's job doing voiceovers.
(c) He reads a poem out loud.
(d) He shows off an expensive watch.
5. Why does Kevin show Caleb a basement at his work in "When in Rome"?
(a) To waste time.
(b) So he can see where a robbery was attempted.
(c) So he can beg him for money.
(d) To try to impress him.
6. Why does Lisa keep her dog in the basement in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because her husband told her to.
(b) Because she no longer likes the dog.
(c) Because she couldn't house break the dog.
(d) Because she is allergic to the dog.
7. In "In the Basement," what does the narrator say he heard about Maria and Nicholas' prior breakup?
(a) That Nicholas stole jewelry from Maria.
(b) That Nicholas cheated on Maria.
(c) That Maria's parents made them break up.
(d) That Maria stole money from Nicholas.
8. At the end of "In the Basement," what does Carla tell the narrator?
(a) That he needs to find a job.
(b) That she will stop nagging him.
(c) That she wants a divorce.
(d) That he is a better man than Nicholas.
9. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
(a) For advice on training a dog.
(b) For advice on buying a dog.
(c) For advice on feeding dogs.
(d) For advice on breeding dogs.
10. What season is it in "In the Basement"?
11. In "In the Basement," what does Nicholas say about his unborn child's gender?
(a) He refers to the baby as a boy.
(b) He never mentions the gender.
(c) He insists they keep it a secret.
(d) He refers to the baby as a girl.
12. In "In the Basement," where does Lisa live?
(a) New York.
13. In "Middleman," why can't Joshua get Elsa's attention?
(a) Because he is so much younger than she.
(b) Because Elsa is focused on music.
(c) Because he is too afraid to talk to her.
(d) Because they are never in the same place.
14. How does Joshua get to kiss Elsa in "Middleman"?
(a) Joshua kisses her when she isn't paying attention.
(b) Because she admits her feelings for him.
(c) As part of an audition.
(d) On a dare.
15. In "In the Basement," how does Nicholas describe the tone of Lisa's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
2. Why does Caleb say he thought he would be arrested in "When in Rome"?
3. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Kevin reacted to being choked?
4. Why is Elsa impressed with Joshua's show business career in "Middleman"?
5. Who becomes angry with Joshua after he helps Elsa in "Middleman"?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)