|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas say Lisa called him "out of the blue" in "In the Basement"?
(a) For advice on training a dog.
(b) For advice on breeding dogs.
(c) For advice on feeding dogs.
(d) For advice on buying a dog.
2. In "In the Basement," why does the narrator believe Maria has a large amount of debt?
(a) From a failed real estate venture.
(b) From Nicholas using a credit card in her name.
(c) From student loans.
(d) From medical expenses.
3. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb say he didn't want Kevin to drive to dinner during his law school visit?
(a) Because Kevin didn't have a license.
(b) Because Kevin was high.
(c) Because Kevin was careless.
(d) Because Kevin was drunk.
4. What does Joshua tell Elsa that makes her befriend him in "Middleman"?
(a) That his dad is an agent.
(b) That his mom is an actress on Broadway.
(c) That his mom does voice over work on the radio.
(d) That he can help her get work in show business.
5. In "Middleman," where does Elsa want to go to college?
6. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
(a) Caleb has no idea.
(b) Because he knew the police officer.
(c) Because he paid the police officer.
(d) Because he is lucky.
7. What does Joshua do to try to help Elsa with her acting career in "Middleman"?
(a) He has his father hire her.
(b) He sets up a meeting with an agent.
(c) He practices voice lessons with her.
(d) He takes her to auditions.
8. In "When in Rome," who told Caleb to always be there for Kevin?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
9. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy reacted when Kevin was choked?
(a) Troy fought back.
(b) Troy choked Caleb.
(c) Troy ran away.
(d) Troy called the police.
10. How does Nicholas say Lisa looked for a husband in "In the Basement"?
(a) Like she was auditioning for a play.
(b) Like she didn't care about who she married.
(c) Like she was trying to upset her parents.
(d) Like she was looking for a job.
11. Where was Joshua's father stationed in the Navy in "Middleman"?
12. While in law school, where does Caleb say he visited Kevin in "When in Rome"?
(c) New York.
13. In "In the Basement," why is Nicholas unemployed?
(a) Because he is working on his dissertation.
(b) Because he always quits his jobs.
(c) Because he is undereducated.
(d) Because he was fired for stealing.
14. In "Middleman," how does Joshua's father describe their last name?
(a) As being secular.
(b) As being shameful.
(c) As being superior.
(d) As being modified.
15. Why is Elsa impressed with Joshua's show business career in "Middleman"?
(a) Because she has always been an actress.
(b) It doesn't really interest her.
(c) Because she thinks he is rich.
(d) Because she wants to be famous too.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Middleman," why does Joshua meet Elsa at all of her auditions?
2. In "When in Rome," why does Caleb believe Kevin pulled the car over after they avoided a traffic ticket?
3. In "Middleman," what does Joshua's father admit to almost becoming?
4. Why does Caleb claim Kevin drove through a red light in "When in Rome"?
5. In "When in Rome," how does Caleb say Troy used to finance his drug habit?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)