|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," who does Roddy think would like his house?
(a) No one.
(b) His students.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His best friend.
2. Who travels to Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
(b) Roddy's boss.
(d) Roddy's co-worker.
3. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
(a) No one.
(b) Ms. Samuel.
4. In "The Suicide Room," how does Alyssa explain her brother's mental impairment?
(a) Birthing accident.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Poisoning accident.
(d) Childhood accident.
5. During David Applelow's final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does he guess?
(a) The meaning of symbols.
(b) The meaning of colors.
(c) The meaning of patterns.
(d) The meaning of star movements.
6. How does David Applelow react when he first sees Zach fighting with Marnie in the hallway?
(a) He doesn't do anything.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He holds Marnie back.
(d) He holds Zach back.
7. What does Will say he did right before his aunt died in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Tripped and fell.
(b) Dropped pills into her food.
(c) Asked a question about death.
(d) Unplugged his uncle's heart monitor.
8. What happens after Will walks past Griffin at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) He jumps inside the window.
(b) He falls to his death.
(c) He swings from the fire escape.
(d) He disappears.
9. Why does David Applelow take Zach to a Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
(a) Because Zach has never had Greek food.
(b) Because it is the closest restaurant to their apartment building.
(c) Because David loves Greek food.
(d) Because Zach keeps complaining about being hungry.
10. In "The Suicide Room," why is Manion competing with Will?
(a) To see who can get kicked out first.
(b) To see who can date the most girls.
(c) To see who can get the best grades.
(d) To see who can do the craziest stunt.
11. How does David Applelow feel after his second interview with Ms. Samuel?
12. What does Roddy do over the weekend in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Sleeps a lot.
(c) Tries to work.
(d) Visits a new restaurant.
13. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of visiting the lit star?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He goes to work.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He reads a book.
14. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He is a professor.
(b) He is a receptionist.
(c) He is a janitor.
(d) He is a student.
15. Why is Griffin's story about dying different from his friends' in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Griffin's story is true.
(b) Griffin's story is fake.
(c) Griffin doesn't cry when he tells it.
(d) Griffin cries when he tells it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Griffin been with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
2. How does Roddy know about Mike's cousin before Mike tells him in "The Rest of It"?
3. Why does Casey run away from kissing Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
4. Where are Will's friends while he walks around the dorm on a ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
5. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)