|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
2. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin is?
(a) A con artist.
(b) A president.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A hit man.
3. In "The Suicide Room," what floor do Griffin and his friends visit to see the site of a suicide?
(a) The first floor.
(b) The ninth floor.
(c) The eleventh floor.
(d) The sixth floor.
4. Who does Casey say saw the boy crash his car in "The Suicide Room"?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her sister's boyfriend.
(d) Her high school boyfriend.
5. In "Futures," why is David Applelow unemployed?
(a) His employer went out of business.
(b) He was fired.
(c) He isn't unemployed.
(d) He quit his job.
6. What does Roddy do over the weekend in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Visits a new restaurant.
(b) Tries to work.
(d) Sleeps a lot.
7. Why does Griffin consider breaking up with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) Because he has been seeing another girl.
(c) She says she wants to break up with him.
(d) Because he thinks Alyssa is annoying.
8. With whom does Roddy smoke a cigarette at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) An older woman.
(b) No one.
(c) A student.
(d) His boss.
9. When the narrator of "The Suicide Room" looks to the future, what reason is given for Casey's downfall?
(a) She never marries.
(b) She has an affair after marriage.
(c) She quits her job to have children.
(d) She drops out of school.
10. How old is David Applelow in "Futures"?
(a) Late 50s.
(b) Late 40s.
(c) Early 50s.
(d) Early 40s.
11. During David Applelow's final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does he guess?
(a) The meaning of colors.
(b) The meaning of patterns.
(c) The meaning of star movements.
(d) The meaning of symbols.
12. How does Zach describe his older brother in "Futures"?
13. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
(a) Because he really wants the job.
(b) He doesn't want to impress her.
(c) Because he needs a good recommendation.
(d) Because he finds her attractive.
14. In "Futures," who does Marnie Kastopolis say she does not want to have a copy of her key?
(b) Dr. Pip.
(c) Ms. Samuel.
15. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) College aged.
(b) Middle school aged.
(c) High school aged.
(d) Late 20s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Suicide Room," how does Alyssa feel when she finally gets inside the dorm of the girl who committed suicide?
2. Who travels to Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
3. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
4. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
5. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)