|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David Applelow do with the little money he has left during his unemployment?
(a) He carries it all in his wallet.
(b) He puts a lock on his savings account.
(c) He hides his money in a book.
(d) He counts it daily.
2. Why can't Will get inside the dorm where the girl committed suicide in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he is on the wrong floor of the building.
(b) Because he can't get the boards off the door.
(c) Because he is too afraid to open the door.
(d) Because he can't find the door.
3. How does David Appelow know Marnie Kastopolis?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) They are step-brother and sister
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are neighbors.
4. In "The Suicide Room," how does Alyssa explain her brother's mental impairment?
(a) Childhood accident.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Birthing accident.
(d) Poisoning accident.
5. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
(a) He knows nothing about the job.
(b) He hasn't worked in a long time.
(c) He feels unqualified for the position.
(d) Talking to people makes him nervous.
6. Whose letters does Roddy read in "The Rest of It"?
(a) His co-worker's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His own.
(d) His ex-wife's.
7. What happens after Will walks past Griffin at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) He swings from the fire escape.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He jumps inside the window.
(d) He falls to his death.
8. How long has Griffin been with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Only a short time.
(b) Over a year.
(c) Just a week.
(d) Several years.
9. Why does Roddy feel awkward at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because it is filled with women.
(b) Because it is too expensive for him.
(c) Because it is filled with students.
(d) Because it is empty.
10. When does Mike surprise Roddy with a visit to his office in "The Rest of It"?
(a) After Roddy's final lecture.
(b) Before Roddy's final lecture.
(c) Before Roddy's first lecture.
(d) After Roddy's first lecture.
11. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) Late 20s.
(b) High school aged.
(c) Middle school aged.
(d) College aged.
12. In "The Suicide Room," what does Griffin blame his grandfather's death on?
(a) A grease fire.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A house fire.
(d) A lighter exploding.
13. How does Roddy know about Mike's cousin before Mike tells him in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He doesn't know about the cousin.
(b) Because of something he read in the paper.
(c) Because he met with the cousin.
(d) Because he overheard Mike on the phone.
14. After Zach spends the night in David Applelow's apartment, what does he do the next day?
(a) Goes with David to apply for jobs.
(b) Sleeps all afternoon.
(c) Goes shopping for David.
(d) Goes back home.
15. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He is a professor.
(b) He is a student.
(c) He is a janitor.
(d) He is a receptionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Will's friends while he walks around the dorm on a ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
2. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife after learning about Mike's cousin in "The Rest of It"?
3. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
4. Why does Roddy stay late at work in "The Rest of It"?
5. Why is David disappointed after his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)