|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
2. Why does David Applelow think admitting he doesn't believe in astrology will help him get the job in "Futures"?
(a) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel doesn't believe in it.
(b) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel is testing him.
(c) Because he wants to be honest.
(d) He says he does believe in astrology.
3. How old is David Applelow in "Futures"?
(a) Late 50s.
(b) Early 50s.
(c) Early 40s.
(d) Late 40s.
4. What does David Applelow do when he doesn't hear back from Ms. Samuel after his first interview?
(a) He applies for jobs at restaurants.
(b) He starts taking classes at his community college.
(c) He goes back to Ms. Samuel's office.
(d) He moves in with Marnie.
5. What does Roddy do over the weekend in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Visits a new restaurant.
(b) Sleeps a lot.
(c) Tries to work.
6. In "Futures," who does Marnie Kastopolis say she does not want to have a copy of her key?
(a) Ms. Samuel.
(b) Dr. Pip.
7. What does Mike claimed happened to all the animals on the rich woman's island in "The Rest of It"?
(a) They were hunted.
(b) They died of starvation.
(c) They were eaten by the rich woman's dog.
(d) They were eaten by the rich woman.
8. What does David Applelow do with the little money he has left during his unemployment?
(a) He hides his money in a book.
(b) He counts it daily.
(c) He puts a lock on his savings account.
(d) He carries it all in his wallet.
9. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy's ex-wife advise Roddy to do?
(a) Record his conversation with Mike.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) Call the police.
10. In "The Suicide Room," why is Manion competing with Will?
(a) To see who can date the most girls.
(b) To see who can get kicked out first.
(c) To see who can get the best grades.
(d) To see who can do the craziest stunt.
11. Why does Alyssa's reaction to the dorm of the girl who committed suicide upset Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he thinks she is being childish.
(b) Because he wants to feel she thinks the way he does.
(c) Because he thinks something is going on between Alyssa and Will.
(d) Because he thinks it is inappropriate.
12. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
(a) He hasn't worked in a long time.
(b) He feels unqualified for the position.
(c) Talking to people makes him nervous.
(d) He knows nothing about the job.
13. How does David Applelow feel after his second interview with Ms. Samuel?
14. In "The Rest of It," who does Roddy think would like his house?
(a) No one.
(b) His students.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His ex-wife.
15. Where is Roddy in the beginning of "The Rest of It"?
(a) In his car.
(b) In a news room.
(c) In his office.
(d) In a classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zach do after leaving the Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
2. Why does Roddy visit a club in "The Rest of It"?
3. Why does Roddy stay late at work in "The Rest of It"?
4. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
5. Why does Casey run away from kissing Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)