Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) He wasn't sure.
(b) Servants and her dogs.
(c) No one.
(d) About fifty people.
2. When the narrator of "The Suicide Room" looks to the future, what reason is given for Casey's downfall?
(a) She quits her job to have children.
(b) She has an affair after marriage.
(c) She drops out of school.
(d) She never marries.
3. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(b) Roddy's ex-wife.
(c) A university president.
(d) Mike comes up with idea himself.
4. What does Roddy ask for at the end of "The Rest of It"?
(a) For a vacation alone.
(b) For a second chance with his ex-wife.
(c) For a meeting with Mike's cousin.
(d) For a raise at work.
5. In "Futures," how does David Applelow feel when he sits with the other people interviewing for the job?
(a) Like he is overdressed.
(b) Like he isn't as qualified.
(c) Like he is underdressed.
(d) Like he is over qualified.
6. How old is David Applelow in "Futures"?
(a) Early 40s.
(b) Late 40s.
(c) Late 50s.
(d) Early 50s.
7. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of visiting the lit star?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He reads a book.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He goes to work.
8. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
(a) In case of emergencies.
(b) To let her son in.
(c) To feed her cat.
(d) To water her plants.
9. When does Mike surprise Roddy with a visit to his office in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Before Roddy's final lecture.
(b) After Roddy's first lecture.
(c) After Roddy's final lecture.
(d) Before Roddy's first lecture.
10. During David Applelow's final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does he guess?
(a) The meaning of colors.
(b) The meaning of symbols.
(c) The meaning of star movements.
(d) The meaning of patterns.
11. How many moths is Manion reported to have eaten?
12. Who travels to Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Roddy's boss.
(d) Roddy's co-worker.
13. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) College aged.
(b) Late 20s.
(c) High school aged.
(d) Middle school aged.
14. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Coast Guard.
(c) The local police.
(d) The US Army.
15. Who is Griffin with in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) He is alone.
(b) His mother.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Suicide Room," how did the boy die in Casey's story?
2. After leaving the final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does David Applelow discover about his apartment?
3. Who does Casey say saw the boy crash his car in "The Suicide Room"?
4. Why does Roddy feel awkward at the club in "The Rest of It"?
5. What does David Applelow realize about himself while dining at the Greek restaurant with Zach?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)