|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Griffin been with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Over a year.
(b) Only a short time.
(c) Several years.
(d) Just a week.
2. Who is Griffin with in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) His roommate.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His mother.
(d) He is alone.
3. Why is Roddy excited to help Mike write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he loves to write.
(b) Because it would make his ex-wife happy.
(c) Because he can make money off of it.
(d) Roddy isn't excited to help Mike.
4. In "The Suicide Room," what does Will do to empty the dorm building so he and his friends can visit the site of a suicide?
(a) He cuts off the electricity.
(b) He says there are free drinks in a different building.
(c) He pulls a fire alarm.
(d) He calls a pretend emergency dorm meeting.
5. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife after learning about Mike's cousin in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because she is a detective.
(b) Because she is a lawyer.
(c) Because she always helps him.
(d) Because she works for human services.
6. In "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he saw on the rich woman's island?
(a) A police stake-out.
(b) A massacre.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A fire.
7. In "The Suicide Room," why is Manion competing with Will?
(a) To see who can date the most girls.
(b) To see who can get the best grades.
(c) To see who can get kicked out first.
(d) To see who can do the craziest stunt.
8. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
(a) He knows nothing about the job.
(b) Talking to people makes him nervous.
(c) He hasn't worked in a long time.
(d) He feels unqualified for the position.
9. How does David Applelow react when he first sees Zach fighting with Marnie in the hallway?
(a) He holds Marnie back.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He holds Zach back.
(d) He doesn't do anything.
10. What does David Applelow do when he doesn't hear back from Ms. Samuel after his first interview?
(a) He applies for jobs at restaurants.
(b) He starts taking classes at his community college.
(c) He moves in with Marnie.
(d) He goes back to Ms. Samuel's office.
11. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) Middle school aged.
(b) College aged.
(c) High school aged.
(d) Late 20s.
12. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he is physically talented.
(b) They don't think he can do it.
(c) Because he does the first wall well.
(d) Because he has done it before.
13. How many moths is Manion reported to have eaten?
14. In "Futures," how does David Applelow feel when he sits with the other people interviewing for the job?
(a) Like he is overdressed.
(b) Like he is underdressed.
(c) Like he is over qualified.
(d) Like he isn't as qualified.
15. At the end of "The Rest of It," why does Roddy want to avoid Mike?
(a) Because he changed the book.
(b) Because he didn't work on the book.
(c) Because he has lost interest in the book.
(d) Because he is feeling sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," who does Roddy think would like his house?
2. Why does Will become angry with Casey in "The Suicide Room"?
3. Why does Roddy feel awkward at the club in "The Rest of It"?
4. After Zach spends the night in David Applelow's apartment, what does he do the next day?
5. Why does Roddy go to another professor's house in "The Rest of It"?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)