|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(b) Roddy's ex-wife.
(c) A university president.
(d) Mike comes up with idea himself.
2. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) Because there is a long wait to get a table.
(b) Because Zach orders the most expensive item on the menu.
(c) Because their waitress is nosey.
(d) Because Zach won't stop talking.
3. Who does Casey say saw the boy crash his car in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her high school boyfriend.
(c) Her sister's boyfriend.
4. How many moths is Manion reported to have eaten?
5. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
(a) No one.
(c) Ms. Samuel.
6. In "The Rest of It," who does Roddy think would like his house?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) No one.
(d) His students.
7. With whom does Roddy smoke a cigarette at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) A student.
(b) His boss.
(c) No one.
(d) An older woman.
8. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
(a) To identify shapes in the stars.
(b) To finish a crossword puzzle.
(c) To read a Tarot card.
(d) To name the color of Ms. Samuel's aura.
9. What does Griffin think when he sees Will walk past the window at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) That he needs to hide from Will.
(b) That he was caught cheating.
(c) That he could pull him in or push him down.
(d) That he could walk the ledge too.
10. Why does David like waiting for his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
(a) He doesn't like waiting for the final interview.
(b) Because the other people waiting seem intelligent.
(c) Because he likes to see Ms. Samuel.
(d) Because the room smells good.
11. In "The Suicide Room," what does Griffin blame his grandfather's death on?
(a) A grease fire.
(b) A lighter exploding.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A house fire.
12. Why does Roddy visit a club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because his ex-wife was there.
(b) To play in a band.
(c) To avoid going home.
(d) Because he drinks often.
13. How does Roddy feel when he returns to work on Monday in "The Rest of It"?
14. What does David Applelow suggest Zach do while they are out to eat in "Futures"?
(a) He suggests that Zach start writing.
(b) He suggests that Zach go back to school.
(c) He suggests that Zach should find a new job.
(d) He suggests that Zach move to California.
15. In "Futures," who does Marnie Kastopolis say she does not want to have a copy of her key?
(b) Ms. Samuel.
(d) Dr. Pip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
2. Why does Roddy stay late at work in "The Rest of It"?
3. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of visiting the lit star?
4. When the narrator of "The Suicide Room" looks to the future, what reason is given for Casey's downfall?
5. Why does David Applelow take Zach to a Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)