|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy's ex-wife advise Roddy to do?
(a) Record his conversation with Mike.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Leave her alone.
2. With whom does Roddy smoke a cigarette at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) His boss.
(b) A student.
(c) No one.
(d) An older woman.
3. When the narrator of "The Suicide Room" looks to the future, what reason is given for Casey's downfall?
(a) She quits her job to have children.
(b) She drops out of school.
(c) She never marries.
(d) She has an affair after marriage.
4. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he is physically talented.
(b) They don't think he can do it.
(c) Because he does the first wall well.
(d) Because he has done it before.
5. Who leaves Roddy a note on his office door in "The Rest of It"?
(a) A female student.
(b) A co-worker.
(c) His ex-wife.
6. Why does David like waiting for his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
(a) He doesn't like waiting for the final interview.
(b) Because he likes to see Ms. Samuel.
(c) Because the room smells good.
(d) Because the other people waiting seem intelligent.
7. Who is Griffin with in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His roommate.
(c) His mother.
(d) He is alone.
8. Why does Roddy go to another professor's house in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he is house sitting.
(b) Because he is buying the house.
(c) Because he wants company.
(d) Because he lives there.
9. Why is Griffin's story about dying different from his friends' in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Griffin's story is true.
(b) Griffin cries when he tells it.
(c) Griffin doesn't cry when he tells it.
(d) Griffin's story is fake.
10. In "The Suicide Room," what does Will do to empty the dorm building so he and his friends can visit the site of a suicide?
(a) He says there are free drinks in a different building.
(b) He calls a pretend emergency dorm meeting.
(c) He cuts off the electricity.
(d) He pulls a fire alarm.
11. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
(a) Because he finds her attractive.
(b) He doesn't want to impress her.
(c) Because he really wants the job.
(d) Because he needs a good recommendation.
12. Why does Roddy stay late at work in "The Rest of It"?
(a) To avoid going home.
(b) To clean up his office.
(c) Because he wants overtime pay.
(d) Because he has too much work.
13. In "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he saw on the rich woman's island?
(a) A police stake-out.
(b) A fire.
(c) A massacre.
(d) A bomb.
14. What does David Applelow realize about himself while dining at the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) That he is obsessed with youth.
(b) That he worries too much.
(c) That he isn't getting any younger.
(d) That he is a lot like Zach.
15. In "The Suicide Room," how does Alyssa explain her brother's mental impairment?
(a) Birthing accident.
(b) Childhood accident.
(c) Poisoning accident.
(d) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose letters does Roddy read in "The Rest of It"?
2. In "Futures," why is David Applelow unemployed?
3. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin is?
4. When does Mike surprise Roddy with a visit to his office in "The Rest of It"?
5. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)