|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike claimed happened to all the animals on the rich woman's island in "The Rest of It"?
(a) They were eaten by the rich woman's dog.
(b) They died of starvation.
(c) They were eaten by the rich woman.
(d) They were hunted.
2. Why does Roddy visit a club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) To play in a band.
(b) To avoid going home.
(c) Because his ex-wife was there.
(d) Because he drinks often.
3. How many moths is Manion reported to have eaten?
4. Why is David disappointed after his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
(a) Because he knows he acted foolishly.
(b) Because he isn't offered the job.
(c) Because he has been lying the whole time.
(d) Because he learns the job is a hoax.
5. How does Ms. Samuel introduce Dr. Pip Love-Wellman to David Applelow?
(a) As the master of a new realm.
(b) As a futurist for the business.
(c) As the founder of a company.
(d) As the leader of their workplace.
6. In "The Suicide Room," what floor do Griffin and his friends visit to see the site of a suicide?
(a) The sixth floor.
(b) The eleventh floor.
(c) The ninth floor.
(d) The first floor.
7. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) Middle school aged.
(b) College aged.
(c) High school aged.
(d) Late 20s.
8. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He is a receptionist.
(b) He is a student.
(c) He is a professor.
(d) He is a janitor.
9. Why can't Will get inside the dorm where the girl committed suicide in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he can't find the door.
(b) Because he is on the wrong floor of the building.
(c) Because he can't get the boards off the door.
(d) Because he is too afraid to open the door.
10. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
(a) Because he really wants the job.
(b) Because he finds her attractive.
(c) He doesn't want to impress her.
(d) Because he needs a good recommendation.
11. Why does Casey run away from kissing Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because she knows it is wrong.
(b) Because she wants to watch Will finish walking around the building.
(c) Because Alyssa catches them.
(d) Because she doesn't like him any more.
12. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of visiting the lit star?
(a) He goes to work.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He reads a book.
(d) He goes home.
13. How does David Applelow react when he first sees Zach fighting with Marnie in the hallway?
(a) He holds Marnie back.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He doesn't do anything.
(d) He holds Zach back.
14. In "The Rest of It," who does Roddy think would like his house?
(a) His students.
(b) No one.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His ex-wife.
15. With whom does Roddy smoke a cigarette at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) No one.
(b) His boss.
(c) An older woman.
(d) A student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Will's friends while he walks around the dorm on a ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
2. Why does David Applelow let Zach spend the night in his apartment?
3. In "Futures," why is David Applelow unemployed?
4. During David Applelow's final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does he guess?
5. In "The Suicide Room," how did the boy die in Casey's story?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)