|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of visiting the lit star?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He goes to work.
(d) He reads a book.
2. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
(a) He doesn't want to impress her.
(b) Because he finds her attractive.
(c) Because he really wants the job.
(d) Because he needs a good recommendation.
3. Why does Roddy visit a club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because his ex-wife was there.
(b) Because he drinks often.
(c) To avoid going home.
(d) To play in a band.
4. What does David Applelow do when he doesn't hear back from Ms. Samuel after his first interview?
(a) He starts taking classes at his community college.
(b) He goes back to Ms. Samuel's office.
(c) He applies for jobs at restaurants.
(d) He moves in with Marnie.
5. Who leaves Roddy a note on his office door in "The Rest of It"?
(a) A female student.
(b) A co-worker.
(c) His ex-wife.
6. Why is Roddy excited to help Mike write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because it would make his ex-wife happy.
(b) Because he can make money off of it.
(c) Roddy isn't excited to help Mike.
(d) Because he loves to write.
7. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) Because there is a long wait to get a table.
(b) Because Zach orders the most expensive item on the menu.
(c) Because their waitress is nosey.
(d) Because Zach won't stop talking.
8. In "Futures," who does Marnie Kastopolis say she does not want to have a copy of her key?
(a) Dr. Pip.
(d) Ms. Samuel.
9. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
(a) In case of emergencies.
(b) To feed her cat.
(c) To let her son in.
(d) To water her plants.
10. Whose letters does Roddy read in "The Rest of It"?
(a) His ex-wife's.
(b) His own.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His co-worker's.
11. What does Zach do after leaving the Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
(a) He apologizes to his family.
(b) He goes shopping.
(c) He asks to stay with David for another night.
(d) He moves away.
12. At the beginning of "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he once did on a boat?
(a) Jumped off.
(b) Hid a body.
(c) Ran drugs.
(d) Water Skied.
13. What happens after Will walks past Griffin at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) He falls to his death.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He swings from the fire escape.
(d) He jumps inside the window.
14. Why does Casey run away from kissing Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because she knows it is wrong.
(b) Because Alyssa catches them.
(c) Because she doesn't like him any more.
(d) Because she wants to watch Will finish walking around the building.
15. Why does Roddy feel awkward at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because it is too expensive for him.
(b) Because it is filled with women.
(c) Because it is empty.
(d) Because it is filled with students.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin killed?
2. When the narrator of "The Suicide Room" looks to the future, what reason is given for Casey's downfall?
3. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
4. In "The Suicide Room," how did the boy die in Casey's story?
5. What does David Applelow suggest Zach do while they are out to eat in "Futures"?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)