|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
(a) He doesn't want to impress her.
(b) Because he really wants the job.
(c) Because he finds her attractive.
(d) Because he needs a good recommendation.
2. Why does David Applelow let Zach spend the night in his apartment?
(a) To make money.
(b) To help Marnie.
(c) To avoid a fight.
(d) To have company.
3. Why does Griffin consider breaking up with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he has been seeing another girl.
(b) Because he thinks Alyssa is annoying.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) She says she wants to break up with him.
4. Why is Roddy excited to help Mike write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he can make money off of it.
(b) Because it would make his ex-wife happy.
(c) Because he loves to write.
(d) Roddy isn't excited to help Mike.
5. With whom does Roddy smoke a cigarette at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) His boss.
(b) An older woman.
(c) No one.
(d) A student.
6. What does Will say he did right before his aunt died in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Asked a question about death.
(b) Unplugged his uncle's heart monitor.
(c) Dropped pills into her food.
(d) Tripped and fell.
7. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
(a) The US Army.
(b) The local police.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) The Navy.
8. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) College aged.
(b) Middle school aged.
(c) Late 20s.
(d) High school aged.
9. Why does Will become angry with Casey in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because she doesn't tell him to not commit suicide.
(b) Because she doesn't stand up to Manion.
(c) Because she is cheating on him.
(d) Because she is slow to escape from the dorm.
10. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
(a) In case of emergencies.
(b) To feed her cat.
(c) To water her plants.
(d) To let her son in.
11. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
(a) Ms. Samuel.
(c) No one.
12. How does David Applelow react when he first sees Zach fighting with Marnie in the hallway?
(a) He doesn't do anything.
(b) He holds Marnie back.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He holds Zach back.
13. How does Zach describe his older brother in "Futures"?
14. How many moths is Manion reported to have eaten?
15. How does Roddy feel when he returns to work on Monday in "The Rest of It"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," who does Roddy think would like his house?
2. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
3. In "Futures," who does Marnie Kastopolis say she does not want to have a copy of her key?
4. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife after learning about Mike's cousin in "The Rest of It"?
5. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)