|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Futures," why is David Applelow unemployed?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He isn't unemployed.
(c) He quit his job.
(d) His employer went out of business.
2. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin killed?
(a) His wife.
(b) Roddy's ex-wife.
(c) Mike's wife.
(d) An unknown woman.
3. In "The Suicide Room," what does Griffin blame his grandfather's death on?
(a) A grease fire.
(b) A house fire.
(c) A lighter exploding.
(d) A bonfire.
4. Why does Will become angry with Casey in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because she doesn't stand up to Manion.
(b) Because she is cheating on him.
(c) Because she doesn't tell him to not commit suicide.
(d) Because she is slow to escape from the dorm.
5. At the end of "The Rest of It," why does Roddy want to avoid Mike?
(a) Because he changed the book.
(b) Because he didn't work on the book.
(c) Because he is feeling sick.
(d) Because he has lost interest in the book.
6. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) Because Zach won't stop talking.
(b) Because their waitress is nosey.
(c) Because Zach orders the most expensive item on the menu.
(d) Because there is a long wait to get a table.
7. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
8. Who is Griffin with in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) He is alone.
(b) His roommate.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His mother.
9. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He is a professor.
(b) He is a student.
(c) He is a receptionist.
(d) He is a janitor.
10. How wide is the ledge Will walks on in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Six inches.
(b) Two inches.
(c) Three inches.
(d) One inch.
11. Why does Casey run away from kissing Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because she wants to watch Will finish walking around the building.
(b) Because Alyssa catches them.
(c) Because she doesn't like him any more.
(d) Because she knows it is wrong.
12. What does Mike claimed happened to all the animals on the rich woman's island in "The Rest of It"?
(a) They were eaten by the rich woman's dog.
(b) They were hunted.
(c) They died of starvation.
(d) They were eaten by the rich woman.
13. At the beginning of "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he once did on a boat?
(a) Ran drugs.
(b) Jumped off.
(c) Hid a body.
(d) Water Skied.
14. What does Griffin think when he sees Will walk past the window at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) That he could pull him in or push him down.
(b) That he needs to hide from Will.
(c) That he could walk the ledge too.
(d) That he was caught cheating.
15. How long has Griffin been with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Several years.
(b) Just a week.
(c) Over a year.
(d) Only a short time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
2. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
3. How does Roddy feel when he returns to work on Monday in "The Rest of It"?
4. In "The Suicide Room," what does Will do to empty the dorm building so he and his friends can visit the site of a suicide?
5. When does Mike surprise Roddy with a visit to his office in "The Rest of It"?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)