|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
(a) Because he finds her attractive.
(b) Because he needs a good recommendation.
(c) He doesn't want to impress her.
(d) Because he really wants the job.
2. Why does Roddy dislike where he lives in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He says it is too remote.
(b) He says it is too large.
(c) He says it is too loud.
(d) He says it is too dirty.
3. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin is?
(a) A president.
(b) A hit man.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A con artist.
4. Why does Roddy feel awkward at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because it is empty.
(b) Because it is filled with students.
(c) Because it is too expensive for him.
(d) Because it is filled with women.
5. In "Futures," who does Marnie Kastopolis say she does not want to have a copy of her key?
(b) Dr. Pip.
(c) Ms. Samuel.
6. What does Roddy do over the weekend in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Visits a new restaurant.
(b) Sleeps a lot.
(c) Tries to work.
7. Who is Griffin with in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) He is alone.
(b) His mother.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His roommate.
8. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
(b) No one.
(c) Ms. Samuel.
9. Why does David like waiting for his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
(a) Because he likes to see Ms. Samuel.
(b) Because the room smells good.
(c) Because the other people waiting seem intelligent.
(d) He doesn't like waiting for the final interview.
10. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He is a janitor.
(b) He is a receptionist.
(c) He is a student.
(d) He is a professor.
11. Why does Will become angry with Casey in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because she is slow to escape from the dorm.
(b) Because she is cheating on him.
(c) Because she doesn't stand up to Manion.
(d) Because she doesn't tell him to not commit suicide.
12. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(a) A university president.
(c) Roddy's ex-wife.
(d) Mike comes up with idea himself.
13. In "The Suicide Room," how did the boy die in Casey's story?
(a) He drove his car off a cliff.
(b) He drove his car into a gas pump.
(c) He drove his car into a lake.
(d) He drove his car into a tree.
14. Why does Roddy go to another professor's house in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he wants company.
(b) Because he lives there.
(c) Because he is buying the house.
(d) Because he is house sitting.
15. How does David Applelow feel after his second interview with Ms. Samuel?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he once did on a boat?
2. How does David Appelow know Marnie Kastopolis?
3. How many moths is Manion reported to have eaten?
4. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
5. What does Zach do after leaving the Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)