|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Roddy smoke a cigarette at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) An older woman.
(b) A student.
(c) His boss.
(d) No one.
2. What does David Applelow realize about himself while dining at the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) That he isn't getting any younger.
(b) That he is obsessed with youth.
(c) That he is a lot like Zach.
(d) That he worries too much.
3. In "The Suicide Room," how does Alyssa feel when she finally gets inside the dorm of the girl who committed suicide?
4. In "Futures," why is David Applelow unemployed?
(a) He isn't unemployed.
(b) He quit his job.
(c) His employer went out of business.
(d) He was fired.
5. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) College aged.
(b) Middle school aged.
(c) Late 20s.
(d) High school aged.
6. Why does Roddy feel awkward at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because it is filled with students.
(b) Because it is too expensive for him.
(c) Because it is empty.
(d) Because it is filled with women.
7. What happens after Will walks past Griffin at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) He swings from the fire escape.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He jumps inside the window.
(d) He falls to his death.
8. In "The Suicide Room," how did the boy die in Casey's story?
(a) He drove his car into a tree.
(b) He drove his car into a gas pump.
(c) He drove his car into a lake.
(d) He drove his car off a cliff.
9. When does Mike surprise Roddy with a visit to his office in "The Rest of It"?
(a) After Roddy's final lecture.
(b) Before Roddy's first lecture.
(c) After Roddy's first lecture.
(d) Before Roddy's final lecture.
10. Who does Casey say saw the boy crash his car in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Her high school boyfriend.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her sister's boyfriend.
11. Why does Griffin consider breaking up with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he has been seeing another girl.
(b) Because he is bored.
(c) Because he thinks Alyssa is annoying.
(d) She says she wants to break up with him.
12. After leaving the final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does David Applelow discover about his apartment?
(a) That it has been robbed.
(b) That he lost his key.
(c) That he is being evicted.
(d) That Zach stole his money.
13. In "The Suicide Room," what does Will do to empty the dorm building so he and his friends can visit the site of a suicide?
(a) He cuts off the electricity.
(b) He calls a pretend emergency dorm meeting.
(c) He says there are free drinks in a different building.
(d) He pulls a fire alarm.
14. How does David Applelow react when he first sees Zach fighting with Marnie in the hallway?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He doesn't do anything.
(c) He holds Marnie back.
(d) He holds Zach back.
15. What does David Applelow do with the little money he has left during his unemployment?
(a) He carries it all in his wallet.
(b) He counts it daily.
(c) He hides his money in a book.
(d) He puts a lock on his savings account.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of visiting the lit star?
2. How does David Appelow know Marnie Kastopolis?
3. Why does David Applelow think admitting he doesn't believe in astrology will help him get the job in "Futures"?
4. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
5. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife after learning about Mike's cousin in "The Rest of It"?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)