|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Griffin think when he sees Will walk past the window at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) That he needs to hide from Will.
(b) That he was caught cheating.
(c) That he could pull him in or push him down.
(d) That he could walk the ledge too.
2. At the end of "The Rest of It," why does Roddy want to avoid Mike?
(a) Because he has lost interest in the book.
(b) Because he didn't work on the book.
(c) Because he is feeling sick.
(d) Because he changed the book.
3. What happens after Will walks past Griffin at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) He swings from the fire escape.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He jumps inside the window.
(d) He falls to his death.
4. In "The Rest of It," who does Roddy think would like his house?
(a) No one.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His students.
(d) His best friend.
5. How does Zach describe his older brother in "Futures"?
6. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He is a janitor.
(b) He is a professor.
(c) He is a student.
(d) He is a receptionist.
7. After Zach spends the night in David Applelow's apartment, what does he do the next day?
(a) Goes with David to apply for jobs.
(b) Goes shopping for David.
(c) Goes back home.
(d) Sleeps all afternoon.
8. In "Futures," how does David Applelow feel when he sits with the other people interviewing for the job?
(a) Like he is underdressed.
(b) Like he is overdressed.
(c) Like he is over qualified.
(d) Like he isn't as qualified.
9. During David Applelow's final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does he guess?
(a) The meaning of patterns.
(b) The meaning of colors.
(c) The meaning of star movements.
(d) The meaning of symbols.
10. In "The Suicide Room," what does Griffin blame his grandfather's death on?
(a) A grease fire.
(b) A house fire.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A lighter exploding.
11. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) About fifty people.
(b) He wasn't sure.
(c) Servants and her dogs.
(d) No one.
12. Why does David Applelow think admitting he doesn't believe in astrology will help him get the job in "Futures"?
(a) He says he does believe in astrology.
(b) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel doesn't believe in it.
(c) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel is testing him.
(d) Because he wants to be honest.
13. In "The Suicide Room," how did the boy die in Casey's story?
(a) He drove his car into a lake.
(b) He drove his car into a tree.
(c) He drove his car off a cliff.
(d) He drove his car into a gas pump.
14. Whose letters does Roddy read in "The Rest of It"?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His ex-wife's.
(c) His own.
(d) His co-worker's.
15. How long has Griffin been with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Several years.
(b) Only a short time.
(c) Just a week.
(d) Over a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Casey say saw the boy crash his car in "The Suicide Room"?
2. Why does Griffin consider breaking up with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
3. How does Ms. Samuel introduce Dr. Pip Love-Wellman to David Applelow?
4. Who travels to Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
5. In "The Suicide Room," what does Will do to empty the dorm building so he and his friends can visit the site of a suicide?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)