|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Futures," how does David Applelow feel when he sits with the other people interviewing for the job?
(a) Like he isn't as qualified.
(b) Like he is underdressed.
(c) Like he is over qualified.
(d) Like he is overdressed.
2. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) No one.
(b) He wasn't sure.
(c) Servants and her dogs.
(d) About fifty people.
3. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
(a) Talking to people makes him nervous.
(b) He knows nothing about the job.
(c) He hasn't worked in a long time.
(d) He feels unqualified for the position.
4. Why does Casey run away from kissing Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because she knows it is wrong.
(b) Because she wants to watch Will finish walking around the building.
(c) Because she doesn't like him any more.
(d) Because Alyssa catches them.
5. In "The Rest of It," who does Roddy think would like his house?
(a) His students.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) No one.
6. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy's ex-wife advise Roddy to do?
(a) Record his conversation with Mike.
(b) Call the police.
(d) Leave her alone.
7. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
8. Why does David Applelow take Zach to a Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
(a) Because Zach has never had Greek food.
(b) Because David loves Greek food.
(c) Because it is the closest restaurant to their apartment building.
(d) Because Zach keeps complaining about being hungry.
9. Why does Alyssa's reaction to the dorm of the girl who committed suicide upset Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he thinks something is going on between Alyssa and Will.
(b) Because he wants to feel she thinks the way he does.
(c) Because he thinks she is being childish.
(d) Because he thinks it is inappropriate.
10. How does David Applelow react when he first sees Zach fighting with Marnie in the hallway?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He holds Marnie back.
(c) He holds Zach back.
(d) He doesn't do anything.
11. What does David Applelow do when he doesn't hear back from Ms. Samuel after his first interview?
(a) He applies for jobs at restaurants.
(b) He goes back to Ms. Samuel's office.
(c) He starts taking classes at his community college.
(d) He moves in with Marnie.
12. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
(a) To let her son in.
(b) In case of emergencies.
(c) To water her plants.
(d) To feed her cat.
13. Who is Griffin with in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) He is alone.
(d) His roommate.
14. Why is David disappointed after his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
(a) Because he has been lying the whole time.
(b) Because he knows he acted foolishly.
(c) Because he learns the job is a hoax.
(d) Because he isn't offered the job.
15. In "The Suicide Room," what floor do Griffin and his friends visit to see the site of a suicide?
(a) The sixth floor.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The ninth floor.
(d) The eleventh floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David Applelow in "Futures"?
2. In "Futures," why is David Applelow unemployed?
3. How does Roddy feel when he returns to work on Monday in "The Rest of It"?
4. Why does Griffin consider breaking up with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
5. What does David Applelow do with the little money he has left during his unemployment?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)