|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Suicide Room," what does Will do to empty the dorm building so he and his friends can visit the site of a suicide?
(a) He pulls a fire alarm.
(b) He says there are free drinks in a different building.
(c) He calls a pretend emergency dorm meeting.
(d) He cuts off the electricity.
2. What happens after Will walks past Griffin at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) He swings from the fire escape.
(b) He falls to his death.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He jumps inside the window.
3. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
(c) No one.
(d) Ms. Samuel.
4. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
(a) To name the color of Ms. Samuel's aura.
(b) To read a Tarot card.
(c) To finish a crossword puzzle.
(d) To identify shapes in the stars.
5. Why does Will become angry with Casey in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because she doesn't stand up to Manion.
(b) Because she is slow to escape from the dorm.
(c) Because she doesn't tell him to not commit suicide.
(d) Because she is cheating on him.
6. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife after learning about Mike's cousin in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because she works for human services.
(b) Because she always helps him.
(c) Because she is a lawyer.
(d) Because she is a detective.
7. What does Mike claimed happened to all the animals on the rich woman's island in "The Rest of It"?
(a) They were eaten by the rich woman.
(b) They died of starvation.
(c) They were eaten by the rich woman's dog.
(d) They were hunted.
8. In "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he saw on the rich woman's island?
(a) A fire.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A police stake-out.
(d) A massacre.
9. How does Roddy feel when he returns to work on Monday in "The Rest of It"?
10. In "The Suicide Room," what does Griffin blame his grandfather's death on?
(a) A lighter exploding.
(b) A grease fire.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A house fire.
11. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) Because their waitress is nosey.
(b) Because Zach orders the most expensive item on the menu.
(c) Because there is a long wait to get a table.
(d) Because Zach won't stop talking.
12. How many moths is Manion reported to have eaten?
13. How wide is the ledge Will walks on in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Six inches.
(b) One inch.
(c) Two inches.
(d) Three inches.
14. Why is Roddy excited to help Mike write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he can make money off of it.
(b) Roddy isn't excited to help Mike.
(c) Because it would make his ex-wife happy.
(d) Because he loves to write.
15. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
(a) He knows nothing about the job.
(b) He hasn't worked in a long time.
(c) He feels unqualified for the position.
(d) Talking to people makes him nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Futures," why is David Applelow unemployed?
2. Why does Alyssa's reaction to the dorm of the girl who committed suicide upset Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
3. Why does Roddy dislike where he lives in "The Rest of It"?
4. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
5. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)