|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will say he did right before his aunt died in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Unplugged his uncle's heart monitor.
(b) Dropped pills into her food.
(c) Asked a question about death.
(d) Tripped and fell.
2. What does David Applelow realize about himself while dining at the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) That he worries too much.
(b) That he is obsessed with youth.
(c) That he is a lot like Zach.
(d) That he isn't getting any younger.
3. Why does David like waiting for his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
(a) Because he likes to see Ms. Samuel.
(b) Because the room smells good.
(c) Because the other people waiting seem intelligent.
(d) He doesn't like waiting for the final interview.
4. In "The Suicide Room," what does Will do to empty the dorm building so he and his friends can visit the site of a suicide?
(a) He cuts off the electricity.
(b) He calls a pretend emergency dorm meeting.
(c) He says there are free drinks in a different building.
(d) He pulls a fire alarm.
5. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
(a) The local police.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The US Army.
(d) The Coast Guard.
6. In "The Rest of It," who does Roddy think would like his house?
(a) No one.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His students.
(d) His best friend.
7. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife after learning about Mike's cousin in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because she is a detective.
(b) Because she always helps him.
(c) Because she is a lawyer.
(d) Because she works for human services.
8. In "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he saw on the rich woman's island?
(a) A massacre.
(b) A police stake-out.
(c) A fire.
(d) A bomb.
9. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He is a janitor.
(b) He is a professor.
(c) He is a student.
(d) He is a receptionist.
10. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin killed?
(a) An unknown woman.
(b) Mike's wife.
(c) Roddy's ex-wife.
(d) His wife.
11. How old is David Applelow in "Futures"?
(a) Early 40s.
(b) Early 50s.
(c) Late 50s.
(d) Late 40s.
12. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he has done it before.
(b) They don't think he can do it.
(c) Because he does the first wall well.
(d) Because he is physically talented.
13. With whom does Roddy smoke a cigarette at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) His boss.
(b) A student.
(c) No one.
(d) An older woman.
14. How does Roddy feel when he returns to work on Monday in "The Rest of It"?
15. When David Applelow goes to his final interview with Ms. Samuel, how many other people are also waiting to be interviewed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roddy do over the weekend in "The Rest of It"?
2. Who is Griffin with in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
3. Whose letters does Roddy read in "The Rest of It"?
4. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
5. Where are Will's friends while he walks around the dorm on a ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)