|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) Because Zach orders the most expensive item on the menu.
(b) Because Zach won't stop talking.
(c) Because there is a long wait to get a table.
(d) Because their waitress is nosey.
2. Why is Griffin's story about dying different from his friends' in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Griffin's story is true.
(b) Griffin's story is fake.
(c) Griffin cries when he tells it.
(d) Griffin doesn't cry when he tells it.
3. In "The Suicide Room," what floor do Griffin and his friends visit to see the site of a suicide?
(a) The first floor.
(b) The sixth floor.
(c) The ninth floor.
(d) The eleventh floor.
4. In "Futures," how does David Applelow feel when he sits with the other people interviewing for the job?
(a) Like he is underdressed.
(b) Like he is over qualified.
(c) Like he isn't as qualified.
(d) Like he is overdressed.
5. Why does David Applelow think admitting he doesn't believe in astrology will help him get the job in "Futures"?
(a) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel doesn't believe in it.
(b) Because he wants to be honest.
(c) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel is testing him.
(d) He says he does believe in astrology.
6. Why does Alyssa's reaction to the dorm of the girl who committed suicide upset Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he thinks she is being childish.
(b) Because he thinks something is going on between Alyssa and Will.
(c) Because he wants to feel she thinks the way he does.
(d) Because he thinks it is inappropriate.
7. Why does Roddy go to another professor's house in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he lives there.
(b) Because he is buying the house.
(c) Because he is house sitting.
(d) Because he wants company.
8. Why does Roddy stay late at work in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he wants overtime pay.
(b) Because he has too much work.
(c) To clean up his office.
(d) To avoid going home.
9. In "The Suicide Room," what does Griffin blame his grandfather's death on?
(a) A lighter exploding.
(b) A house fire.
(c) A grease fire.
(d) A bonfire.
10. In "Futures," why is David Applelow unemployed?
(a) His employer went out of business.
(b) He quit his job.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He isn't unemployed.
11. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin is?
(a) A con artist.
(b) A hit man.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A president.
12. Why does Roddy visit a club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) To play in a band.
(b) Because his ex-wife was there.
(c) To avoid going home.
(d) Because he drinks often.
13. In "The Suicide Room," why is Manion competing with Will?
(a) To see who can get the best grades.
(b) To see who can get kicked out first.
(c) To see who can date the most girls.
(d) To see who can do the craziest stunt.
14. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he is physically talented.
(b) They don't think he can do it.
(c) Because he does the first wall well.
(d) Because he has done it before.
15. What happens after Will walks past Griffin at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) He falls to his death.
(b) He jumps inside the window.
(c) He swings from the fire escape.
(d) He disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Roddy in the beginning of "The Rest of It"?
2. With whom does Roddy smoke a cigarette at the club in "The Rest of It"?
3. Why does Griffin consider breaking up with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
4. How does David Applelow react when he first sees Zach fighting with Marnie in the hallway?
5. In "The Suicide Room," how does Alyssa explain her brother's mental impairment?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)