|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "The Rest of It," why does Roddy want to avoid Mike?
(a) Because he has lost interest in the book.
(b) Because he changed the book.
(c) Because he is feeling sick.
(d) Because he didn't work on the book.
2. Why does David Applelow think admitting he doesn't believe in astrology will help him get the job in "Futures"?
(a) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel is testing him.
(b) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel doesn't believe in it.
(c) Because he wants to be honest.
(d) He says he does believe in astrology.
3. During David Applelow's final interview with Ms. Samuel, what does he guess?
(a) The meaning of colors.
(b) The meaning of patterns.
(c) The meaning of symbols.
(d) The meaning of star movements.
4. How old is David Applelow in "Futures"?
(a) Early 40s.
(b) Late 50s.
(c) Late 40s.
(d) Early 50s.
5. In "The Suicide Room," how did the boy die in Casey's story?
(a) He drove his car into a gas pump.
(b) He drove his car off a cliff.
(c) He drove his car into a tree.
(d) He drove his car into a lake.
6. Why does Griffin consider breaking up with Alyssa in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) She says she wants to break up with him.
(c) Because he thinks Alyssa is annoying.
(d) Because he has been seeing another girl.
7. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) No one.
(b) He wasn't sure.
(c) Servants and her dogs.
(d) About fifty people.
8. In "The Suicide Room," why is Manion competing with Will?
(a) To see who can do the craziest stunt.
(b) To see who can date the most girls.
(c) To see who can get the best grades.
(d) To see who can get kicked out first.
9. Why does Roddy feel awkward at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because it is filled with women.
(b) Because it is too expensive for him.
(c) Because it is filled with students.
(d) Because it is empty.
10. After Zach spends the night in David Applelow's apartment, what does he do the next day?
(a) Goes shopping for David.
(b) Sleeps all afternoon.
(c) Goes back home.
(d) Goes with David to apply for jobs.
11. What does Griffin think when he sees Will walk past the window at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) That he could walk the ledge too.
(b) That he needs to hide from Will.
(c) That he was caught cheating.
(d) That he could pull him in or push him down.
12. How does David Appelow know Marnie Kastopolis?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) They are step-brother and sister
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They went to school together.
13. Why does Roddy dislike where he lives in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He says it is too remote.
(b) He says it is too large.
(c) He says it is too dirty.
(d) He says it is too loud.
14. Why can't Will get inside the dorm where the girl committed suicide in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he can't get the boards off the door.
(b) Because he is on the wrong floor of the building.
(c) Because he can't find the door.
(d) Because he is too afraid to open the door.
15. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin is?
(a) A hit man.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A con artist.
(d) A president.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
2. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
3. How does Ms. Samuel introduce Dr. Pip Love-Wellman to David Applelow?
4. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
5. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)