|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy's ex-wife advise Roddy to do?
(a) Leave her alone.
(b) Record his conversation with Mike.
(d) Call the police.
2. Why does David Applelow take Zach to a Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
(a) Because Zach keeps complaining about being hungry.
(b) Because David loves Greek food.
(c) Because it is the closest restaurant to their apartment building.
(d) Because Zach has never had Greek food.
3. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
(a) To name the color of Ms. Samuel's aura.
(b) To read a Tarot card.
(c) To finish a crossword puzzle.
(d) To identify shapes in the stars.
4. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin killed?
(a) An unknown woman.
(b) Mike's wife.
(c) His wife.
(d) Roddy's ex-wife.
5. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Mike comes up with idea himself.
(b) A university president.
(d) Roddy's ex-wife.
6. What happens after Will walks past Griffin at the end of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) He falls to his death.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He jumps inside the window.
(d) He swings from the fire escape.
7. Who leaves Roddy a note on his office door in "The Rest of It"?
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) A female student.
(d) A co-worker.
8. Why can't Will get inside the dorm where the girl committed suicide in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he can't get the boards off the door.
(b) Because he can't find the door.
(c) Because he is on the wrong floor of the building.
(d) Because he is too afraid to open the door.
9. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
(a) No one.
(b) Ms. Samuel.
10. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) College aged.
(b) Late 20s.
(c) High school aged.
(d) Middle school aged.
11. What does Mike Donato do for a living in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He is a professor.
(b) He is a receptionist.
(c) He is a janitor.
(d) He is a student.
12. In "Futures," how does David Applelow feel when he sits with the other people interviewing for the job?
(a) Like he is overdressed.
(b) Like he isn't as qualified.
(c) Like he is underdressed.
(d) Like he is over qualified.
13. Whose letters does Roddy read in "The Rest of It"?
(a) His own.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His ex-wife's.
(d) His co-worker's.
14. Why does Roddy dislike where he lives in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He says it is too loud.
(b) He says it is too large.
(c) He says it is too dirty.
(d) He says it is too remote.
15. At the beginning of "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he once did on a boat?
(a) Ran drugs.
(b) Water Skied.
(c) Jumped off.
(d) Hid a body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
2. In "The Suicide Room," why is Manion competing with Will?
3. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
4. In "The Suicide Room," what floor do Griffin and his friends visit to see the site of a suicide?
5. Why does Casey run away from kissing Griffin in "The Suicide Room"?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)