|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Suicide Room," what does Will do to empty the dorm building so he and his friends can visit the site of a suicide?
(a) He cuts off the electricity.
(b) He says there are free drinks in a different building.
(c) He calls a pretend emergency dorm meeting.
(d) He pulls a fire alarm.
2. In "Futures," who does David Applelow have a beer with in Marnie Kastopolis' apartment?
(a) Ms. Samuel.
(c) No one.
3. At the beginning of "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he once did on a boat?
(a) Ran drugs.
(b) Hid a body.
(c) Jumped off.
(d) Water Skied.
4. In "The Rest of It," who does Roddy think would like his house?
(a) His students.
(b) No one.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His best friend.
5. What does David Applelow suggest Zach do while they are out to eat in "Futures"?
(a) He suggests that Zach go back to school.
(b) He suggests that Zach start writing.
(c) He suggests that Zach should find a new job.
(d) He suggests that Zach move to California.
6. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike say his cousin killed?
(a) Roddy's ex-wife.
(b) His wife.
(c) An unknown woman.
(d) Mike's wife.
7. Where are Will's friends while he walks around the dorm on a ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) On the fire escape.
(b) Standing on the ground below.
(c) Inside the building.
(d) Watching from the room.
8. Why does Roddy dislike where he lives in "The Rest of It"?
(a) He says it is too dirty.
(b) He says it is too remote.
(c) He says it is too large.
(d) He says it is too loud.
9. Why does David Applelow take Zach to a Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
(a) Because David loves Greek food.
(b) Because Zach has never had Greek food.
(c) Because Zach keeps complaining about being hungry.
(d) Because it is the closest restaurant to their apartment building.
10. In "The Suicide Room," what does Griffin blame his grandfather's death on?
(a) A house fire.
(b) A lighter exploding.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A grease fire.
11. Why does Will become angry with Casey in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because she doesn't stand up to Manion.
(b) Because she doesn't tell him to not commit suicide.
(c) Because she is slow to escape from the dorm.
(d) Because she is cheating on him.
12. How does David Appelow know Marnie Kastopolis?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are step-brother and sister
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They are neighbors.
13. Who is Griffin with in the beginning of "The Suicide Room"?
(a) His roommate.
(b) He is alone.
(c) His mother.
(d) His girlfriend.
14. After Zach spends the night in David Applelow's apartment, what does he do the next day?
(a) Goes back home.
(b) Sleeps all afternoon.
(c) Goes with David to apply for jobs.
(d) Goes shopping for David.
15. Why does David Applelow want to impress Ms. Samuel when he first meets her?
(a) Because he needs a good recommendation.
(b) Because he finds her attractive.
(c) Because he really wants the job.
(d) He doesn't want to impress her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
2. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
3. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
4. Why does Roddy call his ex-wife after learning about Mike's cousin in "The Rest of It"?
5. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)