|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
(a) High school aged.
(b) Late 20s.
(c) Middle school aged.
(d) College aged.
2. Why does Roddy feel awkward at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because it is filled with students.
(b) Because it is filled with women.
(c) Because it is empty.
(d) Because it is too expensive for him.
3. Why is Roddy excited to help Mike write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Roddy isn't excited to help Mike.
(b) Because he can make money off of it.
(c) Because it would make his ex-wife happy.
(d) Because he loves to write.
4. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) Servants and her dogs.
(b) No one.
(c) He wasn't sure.
(d) About fifty people.
5. What does David Applelow do with the little money he has left during his unemployment?
(a) He puts a lock on his savings account.
(b) He hides his money in a book.
(c) He carries it all in his wallet.
(d) He counts it daily.
6. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of visiting the lit star?
(a) He reads a book.
(b) He goes to work.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He goes home.
7. How does Roddy know about Mike's cousin before Mike tells him in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because he met with the cousin.
(b) Because he overheard Mike on the phone.
(c) He doesn't know about the cousin.
(d) Because of something he read in the paper.
8. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
(a) To feed her cat.
(b) In case of emergencies.
(c) To water her plants.
(d) To let her son in.
9. In "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he saw on the rich woman's island?
(a) A fire.
(b) A police stake-out.
(c) A massacre.
(d) A bomb.
10. When the narrator of "The Suicide Room" looks to the future, what reason is given for Casey's downfall?
(a) She drops out of school.
(b) She quits her job to have children.
(c) She has an affair after marriage.
(d) She never marries.
11. Why does Roddy visit a club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Because his ex-wife was there.
(b) To avoid going home.
(c) Because he drinks often.
(d) To play in a band.
12. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Coast Guard.
(c) The US Army.
(d) The local police.
13. What does David Applelow suggest Zach do while they are out to eat in "Futures"?
(a) He suggests that Zach go back to school.
(b) He suggests that Zach start writing.
(c) He suggests that Zach should find a new job.
(d) He suggests that Zach move to California.
14. In "The Suicide Room," why is Manion competing with Will?
(a) To see who can do the craziest stunt.
(b) To see who can get kicked out first.
(c) To see who can date the most girls.
(d) To see who can get the best grades.
15. Where are Will's friends while he walks around the dorm on a ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) On the fire escape.
(b) Watching from the room.
(c) Inside the building.
(d) Standing on the ground below.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Futures," why is David Applelow unemployed?
2. What does Roddy ask for at the end of "The Rest of It"?
3. What does Zach do after leaving the Greek restaurant in "Futures"?
4. With whom does Roddy smoke a cigarette at the club in "The Rest of It"?
5. Why is David disappointed after his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)