|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is David Applelow in "Futures"?
(a) Early 50s.
(b) Early 40s.
(c) Late 40s.
(d) Late 50s.
2. What does Roddy ask for at the end of "The Rest of It"?
(a) For a second chance with his ex-wife.
(b) For a vacation alone.
(c) For a raise at work.
(d) For a meeting with Mike's cousin.
3. Why is Griffin's story about dying different from his friends' in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Griffin doesn't cry when he tells it.
(b) Griffin cries when he tells it.
(c) Griffin's story is fake.
(d) Griffin's story is true.
4. How does Ms. Samuel introduce Dr. Pip Love-Wellman to David Applelow?
(a) As the leader of their workplace.
(b) As a futurist for the business.
(c) As the master of a new realm.
(d) As the founder of a company.
5. In "Futures," how does David Applelow feel when he sits with the other people interviewing for the job?
(a) Like he isn't as qualified.
(b) Like he is over qualified.
(c) Like he is overdressed.
(d) Like he is underdressed.
6. In "The Suicide Room," why is Manion competing with Will?
(a) To see who can date the most girls.
(b) To see who can get kicked out first.
(c) To see who can get the best grades.
(d) To see who can do the craziest stunt.
7. Who suggests that Mike should write a book about his life in "The Rest of It"?
(a) A university president.
(c) Roddy's ex-wife.
(d) Mike comes up with idea himself.
8. Where is Roddy in the beginning of "The Rest of It"?
(a) In his car.
(b) In his office.
(c) In a news room.
(d) In a classroom.
9. How does Zach describe his older brother in "Futures"?
10. How does David Applelow feel after his second interview with Ms. Samuel?
11. What makes David Applelow nervous about his job interview in "Futures"?
(a) He knows nothing about the job.
(b) He hasn't worked in a long time.
(c) Talking to people makes him nervous.
(d) He feels unqualified for the position.
12. Why does David Applelow think admitting he doesn't believe in astrology will help him get the job in "Futures"?
(a) He says he does believe in astrology.
(b) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel doesn't believe in it.
(c) Because he thinks Ms. Samuel is testing him.
(d) Because he wants to be honest.
13. When the narrator of "The Suicide Room" looks to the future, what reason is given for Casey's downfall?
(a) She quits her job to have children.
(b) She drops out of school.
(c) She has an affair after marriage.
(d) She never marries.
14. In "Futures," why is David Applelow unemployed?
(a) His employer went out of business.
(b) He quit his job.
(c) He isn't unemployed.
(d) He was fired.
15. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
(a) No one.
(b) He wasn't sure.
(c) About fifty people.
(d) Servants and her dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roddy go to another professor's house in "The Rest of It"?
2. In "The Suicide Room," what does Griffin blame his grandfather's death on?
3. In "The Rest of It," what does Roddy do instead of visiting the lit star?
4. Why is David disappointed after his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
5. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)