|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David Applelow irritated when he goes to the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) Because there is a long wait to get a table.
(b) Because Zach won't stop talking.
(c) Because their waitress is nosey.
(d) Because Zach orders the most expensive item on the menu.
2. Who travels to Ireland in "The Rest of It"?
(a) Roddy's boss.
(d) Roddy's co-worker.
3. How does David Appelow know Marnie Kastopolis?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They are step-brother and sister
4. In "The Suicide Room," how did the boy die in Casey's story?
(a) He drove his car off a cliff.
(b) He drove his car into a lake.
(c) He drove his car into a gas pump.
(d) He drove his car into a tree.
5. Why does David Applelow let Zach spend the night in his apartment?
(a) To have company.
(b) To help Marnie.
(c) To make money.
(d) To avoid a fight.
6. What does David Applelow realize about himself while dining at the Greek restaurant with Zach?
(a) That he is obsessed with youth.
(b) That he isn't getting any younger.
(c) That he worries too much.
(d) That he is a lot like Zach.
7. With whom does Roddy smoke a cigarette at the club in "The Rest of It"?
(a) An older woman.
(b) His boss.
(c) A student.
(d) No one.
8. How many moths is Manion reported to have eaten?
9. What does Will say he did right before his aunt died in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Dropped pills into her food.
(b) Tripped and fell.
(c) Asked a question about death.
(d) Unplugged his uncle's heart monitor.
10. Who does Mike say told him to visit the island with the rich woman in "The Rest of It"?
(a) The US Army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The local police.
(d) The Coast Guard.
11. What does Dr. Pip Love-Wellman ask David Applelow during his second interview?
(a) To read a Tarot card.
(b) To identify shapes in the stars.
(c) To finish a crossword puzzle.
(d) To name the color of Ms. Samuel's aura.
12. Why do Will's friends feel confident that he can walk around the dorm on a narrow ledge in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) They don't think he can do it.
(b) Because he does the first wall well.
(c) Because he has done it before.
(d) Because he is physically talented.
13. Why can't Will get inside the dorm where the girl committed suicide in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because he can't find the door.
(b) Because he is on the wrong floor of the building.
(c) Because he can't get the boards off the door.
(d) Because he is too afraid to open the door.
14. At the beginning of "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he once did on a boat?
(a) Jumped off.
(b) Hid a body.
(c) Ran drugs.
(d) Water Skied.
15. Why does Will become angry with Casey in "The Suicide Room"?
(a) Because she doesn't stand up to Manion.
(b) Because she doesn't tell him to not commit suicide.
(c) Because she is cheating on him.
(d) Because she is slow to escape from the dorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Suicide Room," how does Alyssa explain her brother's mental impairment?
2. How old is Marnie Kastopolis' son, Zach?
3. In "The Rest of It," what does Mike tell Roddy he saw on the rich woman's island?
4. Why does Roddy go to another professor's house in "The Rest of It"?
5. In "The Rest of It," who does Mike tell Roddy lived on the island with the rich woman?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)