|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Middleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator want to know more about Lisa in "In the Basement"?
(a) Because he answers the phone when she calls.
(b) Because he remembers her from college.
(c) Because he sees her picture.
(d) He doesn't want to know about Lisa.
2. Why does Caleb say Kevin did not get a traffic ticket in "When in Rome"?
(a) Because he paid the police officer.
(b) Because he knew the police officer.
(c) Because he is lucky.
(d) Caleb has no idea.
3. Why does Marnie Kastopolis give David Appelow a key to her apartment?
(a) To let her son in.
(b) To feed her cat.
(c) To water her plants.
(d) In case of emergencies.
4. In "In the Basement," why does the narrator believe Maria has a large amount of debt?
(a) From Nicholas using a credit card in her name.
(b) From a failed real estate venture.
(c) From student loans.
(d) From medical expenses.
5. In "In the Basement," why does Nicholas say Lisa's husband's family teases him?
(a) For marrying an undereducated woman.
(b) For being short.
(c) For marrying a cultural outsider.
(d) For being poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How wide is the ledge Will walks on in "The Suicide Room"?
2. In "Middleman," how does Joshua's father describe their last name?
3. In "When in Rome," why does Kevin say he takes his nightly work deposits to the bank in the morning?
4. Why does David Applelow think admitting he doesn't believe in astrology will help him get the job in "Futures"?
5. Why does David like waiting for his final interview with Ms. Samuel?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)