* In "Futures," David Appelow is a recently unemployed man in his early 40s .
* David begins interviewing for a vague, but high paying job. He never is able to get a solid description of the job during his three interviews.
* David forms a weak friendship with his neighbor's son, Zach, a boy who is aimless and slightly self-destructive.
* David lets Zach stay with him when his mother kicks him out. Zach even goes with David to apply for jobs.
* David learns that the job for which he has been interviewing is a hoax set up by a reality television show.
* Zach steals all the of the money David had left in his apartment.
The Rest of It
* In "The Rest of It," Roddy is a recently divorced professor who still constantly thinks of his wife.
* Mike, who often cleans Roddy's office, shares stories of his dangerous and risky...
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)