|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most dangerous man Cole knows?
2. Who do Krantz and Cole see on the floor at Paulette's house?
3. What is the name Sobek is using?
4. Who does Pike meet while he is out late at night?
5. Who shows up at Cole's door after Pike leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dolan want "a piece" of in Chapter 34, and why?
2. What does Cole want from Dolan in Chapter 25?
3. Why does Cole go to see Mike McConnell?
4. Why does Cole go to Palm Springs in Chapter 29?
5. Who is Trudy?
6. Why does Cole get arrested?
7. What does Cole's lawyer recommend he do?
8. How does Cole figure the killer is connected to Pike?
9. Why does Pike confront Wozniak during a Sunday afternoon barbecue?
10. Why do the police show up at Cole's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several minor characters in the book (John Chen, Lucy Chenier, etc). Identify the minor characters that contribute the most to the story. Describe how each character is important to the plot development and character development of the main characters. Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
A requiem is a "mass for the dead." Using this information and the story itself, explain the meaning of the book's title, L.A. Requiem. How is the book's title significant to the plot? What can the reader deduce about the book from the title?
Essay Topic 3
L.A. Requiem has several violent incidents against women--intentional and unintentional. Identify and explore these acts of violence against women. How are the events portrayed? What prompted the violence? How does each act further explain the plot and the characters involved? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)