|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What file is missing from the records department?
2. Who does Cole find a photo of at Sobek's house when the police barge in?
3. What show does Amanda Kimmel watch?
4. Who visits Pike with Cole in Chapter 26?
5. Who is Amanda Kimmel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cole want from Dolan in Chapter 25?
2. How does Cole figure the killer is connected to Pike?
3. Who is Laurence Sobek?
4. Why is Lucy upset with Cole?
5. Why does Cole go to Palm Springs in Chapter 29?
6. Why does Cole go to see Mike McConnell?
7. What does Cole's lawyer recommend he do?
8. Why does Evelyn Wozniak call Cole?
9. Why does Pike confront Wozniak during a Sunday afternoon barbecue?
10. Why do the police show up at Cole's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader does not learn a great deal about Pike's emotions and personal relationships with women. In the story, Pike has intimate relationships with two women--Paulette Wozniak and Karen Garcia. Describe these two relationships. How are they similar? How are they different? How do these relationships show another side of Pike the reader has not seen previously? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
L.A. Requiem is classified as a crime thriller. The book has also been described as a mystery novel and a serial-killer novel. Which of these classifications is the most appropriate for the story? Why? What other descriptions could be appropriate for the book? Use specific examples from the story to explain and justify the response.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of friendship and loyalty runs throughout the book. Identify the main friendships in the story, and explain how those friendships change and grow throughout the book. How do those friendships help move the story? How are those friendships important to the story? How might the story be different if those friendships did not exist? Use specific examples from the story in the response.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)