|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What list are all the victims on?
2. Who is the most dangerous man Cole knows?
3. Who does Cole go to see at the beginning of Chapter 28?
4. How does Evelyn react to Pike in Chapter 37?
5. Why does Pike escape prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cole go to see Mike McConnell?
2. Why does Pike go to Paulette's house?
3. Why does Cole call John Chen?
4. Why does Pike confront Wozniak during a Sunday afternoon barbecue?
5. What happens to Dolan at Laurence Sobek's house?
6. Why does Evelyn Wozniak call Cole?
7. What do Dolan and Cole discover when they go to the storage facility?
8. Why is Lucy upset with Cole?
9. Why do the police show up at Cole's house?
10. Why does Cole go to Palm Springs in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several conflicts in the story. Identify the main conflict. What is the conflict, and how can it be categorized? How is the conflict portrayed in the story? How is the conflict resolved? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
L.A. Requiem is classified as a crime thriller. The book has also been described as a mystery novel and a serial-killer novel. Which of these classifications is the most appropriate for the story? Why? What other descriptions could be appropriate for the book? Use specific examples from the story to explain and justify the response.
Essay Topic 3
L.A. Requiem has several violent incidents against women--intentional and unintentional. Identify and explore these acts of violence against women. How are the events portrayed? What prompted the violence? How does each act further explain the plot and the characters involved? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)