|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cole find a photo of at Sobek's house when the police barge in?
2. Why is Lucy mad at Cole in Chapter 31?
3. Who does Cole call after they leave Sobek's mother's house?
4. Who is Amanda Kimmel?
5. What list are all the victims on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cole want from Dolan in Chapter 25?
2. What does Cole's lawyer recommend he do?
3. How does Laurence Sobek die?
4. Why is Lucy upset with Cole?
5. Why does Pike confront Wozniak during a Sunday afternoon barbecue?
6. How does Cole figure the killer is connected to Pike?
7. Where does Cole think Sobek is going when the police barge into Sobek's house trying to arrest him?
8. Why does Cole get arrested?
9. Why does Pike go to Paulette's house?
10. What happens to Dolan at Laurence Sobek's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A majority of the book takes place in Los Angeles. How does the author use the setting to develop the plot? How is the setting connected to events in the novel? How does the setting impact the characters' development? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are several conflicts in the story. Identify the main conflict. What is the conflict, and how can it be categorized? How is the conflict portrayed in the story? How is the conflict resolved? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of friendship and loyalty runs throughout the book. Identify the main friendships in the story, and explain how those friendships change and grow throughout the book. How do those friendships help move the story? How are those friendships important to the story? How might the story be different if those friendships did not exist? Use specific examples from the story in the response.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)