|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cole lose his license?
2. How many officers came to Dolan's funeral?
3. What kills Dolan?
4. Who does Cole find a photo of at Sobek's house when the police barge in?
5. Who does Cole call after they leave Sobek's mother's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Cole think Sobek is going when the police barge into Sobek's house trying to arrest him?
2. How does Cole react to his surprise visitor when he returns home in Chapter 30?
3. Why does Pike go to Paulette's house?
4. Why does Cole go to Palm Springs in Chapter 29?
5. Why does Cole get arrested?
6. Why do the police show up at Cole's house?
7. What happens to Dolan at Laurence Sobek's house?
8. How does Cole figure the killer is connected to Pike?
9. Who is Laurence Sobek?
10. Why does Pike confront Wozniak during a Sunday afternoon barbecue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Curtis Wood/Laurence Sobek spends much of his time trying to look and act like Joe Pike in order to frame him for multiple murders. Compare and contrast Pike and Sobek/Wood. How are they similar? How are they different? What must Sobek/Wood change about himself to make him more like Pike? Why was he or why was not he successful at his impersonation? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
L.A. Requiem is told from a first person point of view, using Elvis Cole as the narrator. How does having Cole as the sole narrator help or hinder the plot's development? What information can Cole provide the reader that other characters would not be able to provide? What information is hidden from the reader because Cole is the sole narrator? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of revenge plays an important role in the story. What characters are out for revenge and why? How does each character's notion of revenge differ? How does the character's desire for revenge shape that character's personality? How does revenge influence the plot? Use specific examples from the story in your response.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)