Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Cole think Karen's autopsy will happen?
2. Who does Cole go to see in Chapter 19?
3. Who does Cole look for after the autopsy?
4. What rank was Pike in all of his classes?
5. Why does Joe call Elvis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pike go to Karen's crime scene? Who does he find there?
2. Describe the scene when PIke goes to see Eugene Dersh.
3. Why does Cole go to see Eugene Dersh after the autopsy?
4. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
5. Where does Cole think Sobek is going when the police barge into Sobek's house trying to arrest him?
6. What strange thing does Cole discover about the criminalist's report?
7. How does Krantz react to Cole and Pike watching the investigation?
8. What are Cole and Pike looking for at Karen's apartment?
9. Why does Frank Garcia fire Pike and Cole?
10. How does Pike know Frank Garcia?
A majority of the book takes place in Los Angeles. How does the author use the setting to develop the plot? How is the setting connected to events in the novel? How does the setting impact the characters' development? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
There are several conflicts in the story. Identify the main conflict. What is the conflict, and how can it be categorized? How is the conflict portrayed in the story? How is the conflict resolved? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
L.A. Requiem has several violent incidents against women--intentional and unintentional. Identify and explore these acts of violence against women. How are the events portrayed? What prompted the violence? How does each act further explain the plot and the characters involved? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)