Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Cole think Karen's autopsy will happen?
2. Who does Cole go to see in Chapter 19?
3. Who does Cole look for after the autopsy?
4. What rank was Pike in all of his classes?
5. Why does Joe call Elvis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pike go to Karen's crime scene? Who does he find there?
2. Describe the scene when PIke goes to see Eugene Dersh.
3. Why does Cole go to see Eugene Dersh after the autopsy?
4. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
5. Where does Cole think Sobek is going when the police barge into Sobek's house trying to arrest him?
6. What strange thing does Cole discover about the criminalist's report?
7. How does Krantz react to Cole and Pike watching the investigation?
8. What are Cole and Pike looking for at Karen's apartment?
9. Why does Frank Garcia fire Pike and Cole?
10. How does Pike know Frank Garcia?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of friendship and loyalty runs throughout the book. Identify the main friendships in the story, and explain how those friendships change and grow throughout the book. How do those friendships help move the story? How are those friendships important to the story? How might the story be different if those friendships did not exist? Use specific examples from the story in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Several of the book's character's lie for various reasons. Identify the major lies told in the story. Who tells the lie(s) and why? How do those lies hinder or progress the events in the story? How is the lie revealed as such? Who, if anyone, discovers the truth? Use specific examples from the story in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Curtis Wood/Laurence Sobek spends much of his time trying to look and act like Joe Pike in order to frame him for multiple murders. Compare and contrast Pike and Sobek/Wood. How are they similar? How are they different? What must Sobek/Wood change about himself to make him more like Pike? Why was he or why was not he successful at his impersonation? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)