|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank not trust?
2. Where does Lucy Chenier live?
3. What does Dolan call Krantz?
4. What does Dolan ask Cole for help with?
5. Where does Pike's flashback take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Cole and Pike drive to Lake Hollywood?
2. What happens to Edward Deege in Chapter 6?
3. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
4. Why do the media come to Karen Garcia's funeral?
5. Why does Frank Garcia fire Pike and Cole?
6. Describe the scene when PIke goes to see Eugene Dersh.
7. Why does Lucy Chenier move to Los Angeles?
8. Who is John Chen?
9. Why is Frank Garcia blaming the police for Karen's death?
10. Why does Cole go to see Eugene Dersh after the autopsy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
L.A. Requiem is told from a first person point of view, using Elvis Cole as the narrator. How does having Cole as the sole narrator help or hinder the plot's development? What information can Cole provide the reader that other characters would not be able to provide? What information is hidden from the reader because Cole is the sole narrator? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are two characters than can be considered antagonists in the story--Laurence Sobek and Harvey Krantz. Which antagonist is the true villain? How does each antagonist shape the plot line? How is each confronted by the protagonists in the story? Does either antagonist change in the story? How? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Samantha Dolan and Lucy Chenier both play a large role in Elvis Cole's life. Describe Cole's relationship with each woman. How are they relationships similar? How are they different? How does each relationship contribute to the story and the plot development? How do Dolan and Chenier contribute to Cole's character development throughout the story? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)