|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cole learn about Buzz Cut?
2. Who was IAG interviewing?
3. Why do people call Krantz "pants"?
4. What did someone call Pike when he walks into the Parker Center?
5. What does Cole try to fix at his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will the police at Parker Center not work with Joe?
2. Why does Dolan come to Cole's house in Chapter 18?
3. How does Krantz react to Cole and Pike watching the investigation?
4. Why does Pike go to Karen's crime scene? Who does he find there?
5. Why does Cole turn off Dolan's car?
6. How does Karen find out that Pike is in love with another woman?
7. What happens to Edward Deege in Chapter 6?
8. Why is Frank Garcia blaming the police for Karen's death?
9. Describe the scene when PIke goes to see Eugene Dersh.
10. Why does Cole go back to Lake Hollywood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader does not learn a great deal about Pike's emotions and personal relationships with women. In the story, Pike has intimate relationships with two women--Paulette Wozniak and Karen Garcia. Describe these two relationships. How are they similar? How are they different? How do these relationships show another side of Pike the reader has not seen previously? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are several minor characters in the book (John Chen, Lucy Chenier, etc). Identify the minor characters that contribute the most to the story. Describe how each character is important to the plot development and character development of the main characters. Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
L.A. Requiem has several violent incidents against women--intentional and unintentional. Identify and explore these acts of violence against women. How are the events portrayed? What prompted the violence? How does each act further explain the plot and the characters involved? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)