Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Cole think Karen's autopsy will happen?
2. Who does Cole go to see in Chapter 19?
3. Who does Cole look for after the autopsy?
4. What rank was Pike in all of his classes?
5. Why does Joe call Elvis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pike go to Karen's crime scene? Who does he find there?
2. Describe the scene when PIke goes to see Eugene Dersh.
3. Why does Cole go to see Eugene Dersh after the autopsy?
4. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
5. Where does Cole think Sobek is going when the police barge into Sobek's house trying to arrest him?
6. What strange thing does Cole discover about the criminalist's report?
7. How does Krantz react to Cole and Pike watching the investigation?
8. What are Cole and Pike looking for at Karen's apartment?
9. Why does Frank Garcia fire Pike and Cole?
10. How does Pike know Frank Garcia?
Cole and Pike are private investigators working for Frank Garcia to keep an eye on the police's investigation of Garcia's daughter's death. The two groups approach the case very differently. Describe how each group approaches the case. What are their main goals? What methods do they use to obtain information? Which group is more successful in breaking and solving the case? Why? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
There are two characters than can be considered antagonists in the story--Laurence Sobek and Harvey Krantz. Which antagonist is the true villain? How does each antagonist shape the plot line? How is each confronted by the protagonists in the story? Does either antagonist change in the story? How? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
A requiem is a "mass for the dead." Using this information and the story itself, explain the meaning of the book's title, L.A. Requiem. How is the book's title significant to the plot? What can the reader deduce about the book from the title?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)