|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the Task Force been running?
2. What does Dolan want to look at in Frank Garcia's house?
3. Who does Cole go to see in Chapter 19?
4. Who calls for Joe at Karen's apartment?
5. How was Karen killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dolan go to Frank Garcia's house in chapter 15?
2. Why does Cole go to Palm Springs in Chapter 29?
3. Why do Cole and Pike drive to Lake Hollywood?
4. Why does Cole go to see Eugene Dersh after the autopsy?
5. What strange thing does Cole discover about the criminalist's report?
6. Why does Evelyn Wozniak call Cole?
7. What does Cole discover in the letters in Karen's room?
8. Why will the police at Parker Center not work with Joe?
9. Who is John Chen?
10. Why does the police department want to keep quiet about a possible serial killer in town?
Essay Topic 1
L.A. Requiem has several violent incidents against women--intentional and unintentional. Identify and explore these acts of violence against women. How are the events portrayed? What prompted the violence? How does each act further explain the plot and the characters involved? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are several minor characters in the book (John Chen, Lucy Chenier, etc). Identify the minor characters that contribute the most to the story. Describe how each character is important to the plot development and character development of the main characters. Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
There are two characters than can be considered antagonists in the story--Laurence Sobek and Harvey Krantz. Which antagonist is the true villain? How does each antagonist shape the plot line? How is each confronted by the protagonists in the story? Does either antagonist change in the story? How? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 1,854 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)