|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Cole at the same place the caller mentions in Chapter 32?
2. Who was Wozniak's informant?
(a) Laurence Sobek.
(b) Eugene Dersh.
(c) Edward Deege.
(d) Leonard DeVille.
3. What does the media call Pike?
(a) Innocent cop.
(b) Running man.
(c) Cop killer.
(d) Vigilante killer.
4. What do drivers see when they get close to Palm Springs?
(d) Sod farms.
5. What does Pike do when he cannot sleep?
(a) Takes steroids.
(b) Takes sleeping pills.
(c) Calls Cole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentence does Krantz say he wants for Pike?
2. What does the sod farmer pull out from behind his back?
3. Who were Pike and Wozniak chasing when Wozniak died?
4. Who does Cole go to see at the beginning of Chapter 28?
5. Who does Cole call after they leave Sobek's mother's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Trudy?
2. Why do the police show up at Cole's house?
3. What happens to Dolan at Laurence Sobek's house?
4. Why does Cole get arrested?
5. Why does Pike confront Wozniak during a Sunday afternoon barbecue?
6. How does Cole figure the killer is connected to Pike?
7. Why does Pike go to Paulette's house?
8. What does Dolan want "a piece" of in Chapter 34, and why?
9. How does Laurence Sobek die?
10. What does Cole want from Dolan in Chapter 25?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)