|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Cole at the same place the caller mentions in Chapter 32?
2. What does Pike do when he cannot sleep?
(a) Calls Cole.
(c) Takes sleeping pills.
(d) Takes steroids.
3. Who do Krantz and Cole see on the floor at Paulette's house?
4. What does Lucy tell Pike after he escapes from prison?
(a) To run away.
(b) To call his attorney.
(c) To give himself up.
(d) To leave the house.
5. Who were Pike and Wozniak chasing when Wozniak died?
(a) Edward Deege.
(b) Leonard DeVille.
(c) Eugene Dersh.
(d) Karen Garcia's killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sod farmer pull out from behind his back?
2. Who shows up at Paulette's house first in Chapter 37?
3. Who calls Cole after he leaves Lucy's house?
4. Who is Evelyn Wozniak?
5. Who does Pike meet while he is out late at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cole go to Palm Springs in Chapter 29?
2. What do Dolan and Cole discover when they go to the storage facility?
3. How does Laurence Sobek die?
4. How does Cole react to his surprise visitor when he returns home in Chapter 30?
5. What happens to Dolan at Laurence Sobek's house?
6. What does Dolan want "a piece" of in Chapter 34, and why?
7. What does Cole want from Dolan in Chapter 25?
8. Why does Pike confront Wozniak during a Sunday afternoon barbecue?
9. Why does Pike go to Paulette's house?
10. Why does Evelyn Wozniak call Cole?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)