|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shoots Laurence Sobek?
2. What sentence does Krantz say he wants for Pike?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Life on parole.
(c) House arrest.
(d) The death penalty.
3. What does Lucy tell Pike after he escapes from prison?
(a) To give himself up.
(b) To leave the house.
(c) To call his attorney.
(d) To run away.
4. What kills Dolan?
(a) A knife.
(b) A grenade.
(c) A landmine.
(d) A shotgun.
5. What does Cole want Dolan to help him get in Chapter 25?
(a) Dersh's killer.
(b) Karen Garcia's autopsy report.
(c) Pike's bail.
(d) IAG documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Cole after he leaves Lucy's house?
2. Who is the most dangerous man Cole knows?
3. How does Cole think the killer is connected to Pike?
4. How does Evelyn react to Pike in Chapter 37?
5. What do drivers see when they get close to Palm Springs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dolan at Laurence Sobek's house?
2. How does Laurence Sobek die?
3. Why does Cole get arrested?
4. Why does Pike confront Wozniak during a Sunday afternoon barbecue?
5. Why does Evelyn Wozniak call Cole?
6. Who is Trudy?
7. Who is Laurence Sobek?
8. What does Cole want from Dolan in Chapter 25?
9. What does Dolan want "a piece" of in Chapter 34, and why?
10. How does Cole react to his surprise visitor when he returns home in Chapter 30?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)