|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Wozniak's informant?
(a) Eugene Dersh.
(b) Laurence Sobek.
(c) Leonard DeVille.
(d) Edward Deege.
2. Why does Cole lose his license?
(a) Krantz hates him.
(b) Lucy tells him to give it up.
(c) He pleads guilty to a felony.
(d) Pike takes it away.
3. What does Krantz find in Sobek's fridge?
(a) Newspaper clippings.
4. What does Cole put over Dolan's face?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A mask.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His jacket.
5. What does Cole want Dolan to help him get in Chapter 25?
(a) Karen Garcia's autopsy report.
(b) IAG documents.
(c) Dersh's killer.
(d) Pike's bail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Cole's visitor in Chapter 31?
2. Who does Cole call in the beginning of Chapter 40?
3. What movie does Cole compare the Sierra Madre to?
4. Who calls Cole after he leaves Lucy's house?
5. Who does Cole compare Krantz to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cole react to his surprise visitor when he returns home in Chapter 30?
2. What does Dolan want "a piece" of in Chapter 34, and why?
3. Who is Trudy?
4. Why does Cole go to see Mike McConnell?
5. Why does Pike confront Wozniak during a Sunday afternoon barbecue?
6. What happens to Dolan at Laurence Sobek's house?
7. What does Cole want from Dolan in Chapter 25?
8. Why does Cole get arrested?
9. Why does Cole go to Palm Springs in Chapter 29?
10. Why does Cole call John Chen?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)