|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the Task Force been running?
(a) Almost a week.
(b) Almost a month.
(c) Almost a year.
(d) Almost two years.
2. Who follows Pike to the family day picnic?
(b) Internal Affairs.
(c) Private investigators.
3. What does Cole try to fix at his house?
(a) The bathroom sink.
(b) The kitchen floor tiles.
(c) The kitchen faucet.
(d) The back deck.
4. What is the good news Dolan has for Frank Garcia in Chapter 15?
(a) They found something in the letters.
(b) They are releasing Karen's body.
(c) They caught Karen's killer.
(d) They are staking out the funeral.
5. What reason does Krantz give Frank Garcia for not having arrested Dersh yet?
(a) Dersh is free on bail.
(b) There is not enough evidence.
(c) Dersh is not a suspect.
(d) He did not do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Elvis Cole?
2. Why cannot Joe deal with the police?
3. What does Cole read while waiting for Krantz?
4. How was Karen killed?
5. What does Cole ask to watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe Pike come to Cole's house in Chapter 1?
2. Why do the media come to Karen Garcia's funeral?
3. Why does Dolan come to Cole's house in Chapter 18?
4. Why does Cole call John Chen?
5. Why is Frank Garcia blaming the police for Karen's death?
6. Why is Eugene Dersh the LAPD's suspect in the five murders?
7. What are Cole and Pike looking for at Karen's apartment?
8. Why does Cole go to Palm Springs in Chapter 29?
9. Why does Evelyn Wozniak call Cole?
10. Why does Pike come to Cole's house in Chapter 10, and how do they interact?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)