|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry say the medical examiner thinks was in Karen's wound?
(b) A bullet.
2. Who does Cole meet for dinner?
(a) Lucy and Frank.
(b) Lucy and Ben.
(c) Lucy and Karen.
(d) Ben and Joe.
3. Who comes to Cole's house unexpectedly?
(a) Joe Pike.
(c) Frank Garcia.
4. What does Dolan call Krantz?
(b) Cop killer.
5. What does Aimes do to Pike?
(a) Breaks his leg.
(b) Breaks his arm.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Breaks his wrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cole navigate when he was in the Army?
2. Why does Pike go to see Eugene Dersh?
3. Who follows Pike to the family day picnic?
4. Who do the police think is the killer?
5. Who is John Chen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Krantz react to Cole and Pike watching the investigation?
2. What information does Jerry Swetaggen give Cole?
3. Why does the police department want to keep quiet about a possible serial killer in town?
4. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
5. Why does Pike go to Karen's crime scene? Who does he find there?
6. Why does Cole turn off Dolan's car?
7. Why is Frank Garcia blaming the police for Karen's death?
8. What does Cole learn at Riley Ward's office?
9. Why does Dolan come to Cole's house in Chapter 18?
10. What happens to Edward Deege in Chapter 6?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)