|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Joe and Elvis meet while looking for Karen?
(a) A truck driver.
(b) Karen's boyfriend.
(c) Karen's ex-husband.
(d) A homeless man.
2. Who takes Cole and Pike off of the Karen Garcia case?
(a) Harvey Krantz.
(b) Samantha Dolan.
(c) Councilman Maldenado.
(d) Frank Garcia.
3. What does Cole confront Dolan about in her car?
(a) The false reports.
(b) His visit with Eugene Dersh.
(c) Her listening to Krantz.
(d) Her lack of trust.
4. What is the good news Dolan has for Frank Garcia in Chapter 15?
(a) They are staking out the funeral.
(b) They are releasing Karen's body.
(c) They caught Karen's killer.
(d) They found something in the letters.
5. What favor does Dolan ask Cole?
(a) To search Karen's apartment.
(b) To search Dersh's house.
(c) To talk to Dersh.
(d) To talk to Frank Garcia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the letters to Karen from?
2. What does Cole try to fix at his house?
3. What does the killer inject into his body?
4. Who does Cole try to get information from at Parker Center?
5. Where was Krantz's previous job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Cole and Pike get access to Karen's crime scene?
2. Why does Cole talk to Curtis Wood?
3. How did Pike and Karen meet?
4. Describe the scene when Cole confronts Dolan in her car.
5. Why does Joe Pike come to Cole's house in Chapter 1?
6. Describe the scene when the police barge in on Pike and Cole in Karen's apartment.
7. Describe the scene when PIke goes to see Eugene Dersh.
8. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
9. What strange thing does Cole discover about the criminalist's report?
10. How does Pike know Frank Garcia?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)