|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucy Chenier live?
(b) Beverly Hills.
(c) Santa Ana.
2. Where was Krantz's previous job?
(b) Street cop.
(c) Internal Affairs Group.
(d) Bank security.
3. What does the killer inject into his body?
(c) A placebo.
4. Who comes to Karen's apartment while Pike and Cole are there?
(a) Los Angeles police officers.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her father.
5. What was Karen doing when she met Joe Pike?
(c) Taking pictures.
(d) Working at a day-care facility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aimes do to Pike?
2. Who takes Cole and Pike off of the Karen Garcia case?
3. Who do the police think is the killer?
4. What marks the place where Riley and Eugene reached the water?
5. What does Cole ask to watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the police department want to keep quiet about a possible serial killer in town?
2. What information does Jerry Swetaggen give Cole?
3. How do Cole and Pike get access to Karen's crime scene?
4. Why does Joe Pike come to Cole's house in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Pike come to Cole's house in Chapter 10, and how do they interact?
6. Why is Frank Garcia blaming the police for Karen's death?
7. Who is Samantha Dolan?
8. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
9. Why is Eugene Dersh the LAPD's suspect in the five murders?
10. What does Cole think is strange about Krantz when he visits Parker Center in Chapter 11?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)