|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visited Gene Dersh?
(a) TV reporters.
(b) Frank Garcia.
(c) Joe Pike.
(d) Harvey Krantz.
2. Who comes to Cole's house unexpectedly?
(b) Joe Pike.
(c) Frank Garcia.
3. What branch of the military was Pike in?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Coast Guard.
4. What does Cole learn about Buzz Cut?
(a) He hates Krantz.
(b) He is a police informant.
(c) He does not know what he is doing.
(d) He works with the FBI.
5. Where was Krantz's previous job?
(b) Internal Affairs Group.
(c) Street cop.
(d) Bank security.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers Karen's body?
2. Where does Pike's flashback take place?
3. What does Cole read while waiting for Krantz?
4. How many murders does Jerry tell Cole there are?
5. What does Jerry say the medical examiner thinks was in Karen's wound?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
2. Why does Pike go to Karen's crime scene? Who does he find there?
3. How did Pike and Karen meet?
4. Why do Cole and Pike drive to Lake Hollywood?
5. How does Karen find out that Pike is in love with another woman?
6. What does Cole see on the television when he returns home from Karen's funeral?
7. Who is Samantha Dolan?
8. What happens to Edward Deege in Chapter 6?
9. What strange thing does Cole discover about the criminalist's report?
10. Why does Cole turn off Dolan's car?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)