|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cole have to go the next morning after observing the Karen Garcia crime scene?
(a) The crime scene.
(b) Karen's house.
(c) Frank's house.
(d) Parker Center.
2. What does Cole ask Rusty to get for him?
(b) A free beer.
(c) The original criminalist's report.
(d) The original autopsy report.
3. When does Cole think Karen's autopsy will happen?
(a) The next day.
(b) In the morning.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Next week.
4. Why does Pike go to see Eugene Dersh?
(a) To confront him.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To arrest him.
(d) To see if he is the killer.
5. Why does Joe call Elvis?
(a) Elvis owes him money.
(b) He needs advice.
(c) A girl is missing.
(d) He wants help moving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work is the man on the street looking for?
2. What does Cole buy for Lucy in Chapter 9?
3. What marks the place where Riley and Eugene reached the water?
4. What do the police deny Cole?
5. Where does Cole go at the end of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the media come to Karen Garcia's funeral?
2. Why is Eugene Dersh the LAPD's suspect in the five murders?
3. Why does Cole go back to Lake Hollywood?
4. Why does Cole talk to Curtis Wood?
5. Why does the police department want to keep quiet about a possible serial killer in town?
6. What happens to Edward Deege in Chapter 6?
7. Why does Dolan come to Cole's house in Chapter 18?
8. Describe the scene when PIke goes to see Eugene Dersh.
9. Why does Cole turn off Dolan's car?
10. How did Pike and Karen meet?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)