|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cole look for after the autopsy?
(a) Edward Deege.
(b) Eugene Dersh.
(c) Joe Pike.
(d) Harvey Krantz.
2. Who does Cole meet for dinner?
(a) Ben and Joe.
(b) Lucy and Karen.
(c) Lucy and Frank.
(d) Lucy and Ben.
3. What did Pike's father do to him when he was younger?
(a) Took him to the park.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Took him camping.
(d) Laughed at him.
4. Who was the man taking pictures in the park?
(a) Frank Garcia.
(b) Elvis Cole.
(d) Lennie DeVille.
5. What does Lucy offer the visitor in Chapter 18?
(a) Another drink.
(b) To serve as legal counsel.
(c) To help free Dersh.
(d) To stay for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marks the place where Riley and Eugene reached the water?
2. Who gets in Frank Garcia's face at Karen's funeral?
3. Who takes Cole and Pike off of the Karen Garcia case?
4. Where is Cole supposed to meet Rusty's cousin, Jerry?
5. Where is Ben going?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John Chen?
2. Why is Eugene Dersh the LAPD's suspect in the five murders?
3. How does Krantz react to Cole and Pike watching the investigation?
4. Why does Frank Garcia fire Pike and Cole?
5. Why does Pike come to Cole's house in Chapter 10, and how do they interact?
6. Describe the scene when the police barge in on Pike and Cole in Karen's apartment.
7. Why does Pike go to Karen's crime scene? Who does he find there?
8. What happens to Edward Deege in Chapter 6?
9. How does Pike know Frank Garcia?
10. Why does Lucy Chenier move to Los Angeles?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)