|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy call Cole at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) The last black knight.
(b) Dersh's saviour.
(c) The last white knight.
(d) Dolan's crush.
2. What does Cole give the police?
(a) A picture of Karen.
(b) His cell phone.
(c) The murder weapon.
(d) Information from Frank Garcia.
3. What does Cole notice about his surprise visitor in Chapter 18?
(a) The visitor is drunk.
(b) The visitor is homeless.
(c) The visitor is hungry.
(d) The visitor is the killer.
4. Who calls for Joe at Karen's apartment?
(a) The FBI.
(c) Frank's lawyer.
(d) The watch commander.
5. To what does Cole compare the group of people watching Karen's funeral?
(a) A business meeting.
(b) The media.
(d) A firing squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was IAG interviewing?
2. How did Joe Pike and Karen meet?
3. Who takes Cole and Pike off of the Karen Garcia case?
4. Where is Cole supposed to meet Rusty's cousin, Jerry?
5. Where do Joe and Elvis find Karen's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the police department want to keep quiet about a possible serial killer in town?
2. What does Cole learn at Riley Ward's office?
3. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
4. Why is Frank Garcia blaming the police for Karen's death?
5. Why does Cole talk to Curtis Wood?
6. Describe the scene when Cole confronts Dolan in her car.
7. How does Pike know Frank Garcia?
8. Describe the scene when the police barge in on Pike and Cole in Karen's apartment.
9. Why does Cole go to see Eugene Dersh after the autopsy?
10. Why is Cole angry when he arrives at the coroner's office?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)