|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the police determine the suspect in Karen Garcia's death?
(a) The person admitted it.
(b) The person was in love with Karen.
(c) The person had the murder weapon.
(d) The person fits the profile.
2. Where does Pike's flashback take place?
(a) Parker Center.
(b) A hospital.
(c) Camp Pendleton.
3. How many murders does Jerry tell Cole there are?
4. Why does Joe call Elvis?
(a) A girl is missing.
(b) He needs advice.
(c) He wants help moving.
(d) Elvis owes him money.
5. Who do Cole, Pike, and Dolan go see in Chapter 15?
(a) Eugene Dersh.
(b) Harvey Krantz.
(c) Buzz Cut.
(d) Frank Garcia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the Task Force been running?
2. What does Cole give the police?
3. What does Cole find in Karen's drawers?
4. When does Cole think Karen's autopsy will happen?
5. Who does Cole call after he gets out of Dolan's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange thing does Cole discover about the criminalist's report?
2. Who is Samantha Dolan?
3. Why will the police at Parker Center not work with Joe?
4. Why is Frank Garcia blaming the police for Karen's death?
5. Why does Dolan go to Frank Garcia's house in chapter 15?
6. Why does Joe Pike come to Cole's house in Chapter 1?
7. Describe the scene when Cole confronts Dolan in her car.
8. What happens to Edward Deege in Chapter 6?
9. Why does Pike go to Karen's crime scene? Who does he find there?
10. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)