|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the police determine the suspect in Karen Garcia's death?
(a) The person had the murder weapon.
(b) The person was in love with Karen.
(c) The person fits the profile.
(d) The person admitted it.
2. Who is responsible for Cole while he is at the Parker Center?
(a) Frank Garcia.
(b) Joe Pike.
(c) Harvey Krantz.
(d) Samantha Dolan.
3. What did Pike's father do to him when he was younger?
(a) Took him to the park.
(b) Laughed at him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Took him camping.
4. What does Cole learn about Buzz Cut?
(a) He is a police informant.
(b) He hates Krantz.
(c) He works with the FBI.
(d) He does not know what he is doing.
5. When does Cole think Karen's autopsy will happen?
(a) Next week.
(b) The next day.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) In the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the letters to Karen from?
2. What does Cole show Dolan he has learned when he confronts her in her car outside of Parker Center?
3. What does Lucy offer the visitor in Chapter 18?
4. What type of pet does Cole have?
5. What was Karen doing when she met Joe Pike?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cole turn off Dolan's car?
2. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
3. Why does Cole go to see Mike McConnell?
4. Why is Pike nervous about entering Parker Center, and what happens once he does enter?
5. How does Pike know Frank Garcia?
6. Why does Dolan come to Cole's house in Chapter 18?
7. Why does Dolan go to Frank Garcia's house in chapter 15?
8. Why does Joe Pike come to Cole's house in Chapter 1?
9. How does Cole react to his surprise visitor when he returns home in Chapter 30?
10. Who is Laurence Sobek?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)