|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucy's job?
(a) Legal analyst.
(b) Television host.
(c) Police officer.
2. Where does Cole go at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Pike's house.
(b) Parker Center.
(c) Lake Hollywood.
(d) Eugene Dersh's house.
3. Where does Karen Garcia live?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Beverly Hills.
(c) Silver Lake.
(d) Lake Hollywood.
4. How does Lucy refer to Cole's house?
(a) A trailer.
(b) A love nest.
(c) A mountain trek.
(d) A hotel.
5. Where does Pike's flashback take place?
(a) Parker Center.
(c) Camp Pendleton.
(d) A hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is following Cole in the car?
2. What does Cole ask Rusty to get for him?
3. What does Chen's crime scene visitor point out to him at the crime scene?
4. What does Cole buy for Lucy in Chapter 9?
5. Who do Joe and Elvis meet while looking for Karen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Karen find out that Pike is in love with another woman?
2. Why does the police department want to keep quiet about a possible serial killer in town?
3. Describe the scene when the police barge in on Pike and Cole in Karen's apartment.
4. Why will the police at Parker Center not work with Joe?
5. Why does Dolan come to Cole's house in Chapter 18?
6. What strange thing does Cole discover about the criminalist's report?
7. What does Cole think is strange about Krantz when he visits Parker Center in Chapter 11?
8. Why does Cole turn off Dolan's car?
9. How does Pike know Frank Garcia?
10. Why do Cole and Pike drive to Lake Hollywood?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)