|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cole's visitor come to tell him?
(a) The visitor has been fired.
(b) The visitor found the killer.
(c) The visitor is in love with Cole.
(d) The visitor wants Cole back on the case.
2. What does Lucy call Cole at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) The last white knight.
(b) Dolan's crush.
(c) Dersh's saviour.
(d) The last black knight.
3. What does Cole do to the car Dolan is driving?
(a) Grabs the steering wheel.
(b) Rolls down the window.
(c) Turns off the ignition.
(d) Slams on the brakes.
4. Who do the police think is the killer?
(a) Elvis Cole.
(b) Joe Pike.
(c) Frank Garcia.
(d) Eugene Dersh.
5. What is Lucy's job?
(a) Police officer.
(b) Television host.
(d) Legal analyst.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why cannot Joe deal with the police?
2. In what gang was Frank Garcia involved?
3. Who does Cole call after he gets out of Dolan's car?
4. How did Cole navigate when he was in the Army?
5. How was Karen killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cole think is strange about Krantz when he visits Parker Center in Chapter 11?
2. What does Cole learn at Riley Ward's office?
3. What happens to Edward Deege in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Frank Garcia fire Pike and Cole?
5. Who is Eugene Dersh and what is his role in the novel?
6. How does Laurence Sobek die?
7. Why does Cole go to see Mike McConnell?
8. How does Pike know Frank Garcia?
9. Why will the police at Parker Center not work with Joe?
10. Where does Cole think Sobek is going when the police barge into Sobek's house trying to arrest him?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)