|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What list are all the victims on?
(a) Wozniak's informant list.
(b) Krantz's arrest record.
(c) Pike's informant list.
(d) DeVille's witness list.
2. Who shows up at Cole's door after Pike leaves?
(b) Frank Garcia.
3. What does Cole put over Dolan's face?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His shirt.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A mask.
4. What sentence does Krantz say he wants for Pike?
(a) House arrest.
(b) Life on parole.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) The death penalty.
5. Why does Pike escape prison?
(a) To marry Karen.
(b) To play the victim.
(c) To seek revenge.
(d) To clear himself.
6. Who does Cole call in the beginning of Chapter 40?
7. What information does the caller give Cole when he returns from Lucy's house after being out all night?
(a) The killer's name.
(b) Pike's record.
(c) Dolan's resume.
(d) Wozniak's storage unit.
8. Who do Krantz and Cole see on the floor at Paulette's house?
9. How did Abel Wozniak die?
(a) Pike shot him.
(b) Krantz shot him.
(c) He shot himself.
(d) Leonard DeVille shot him.
10. Who brings Frank Garcia to the hospital?
(a) Abbot Montoya.
11. Who is Amanda Kimmel?
(a) Cole's neighbor.
(b) Cole's girlfriend.
(c) Dersh's neighbor.
(d) Pike's mother.
12. What do drivers see when they get close to Palm Springs?
(b) Sod farms.
13. Who does Cole find a photo of at Sobek's house when the police barge in?
14. What does Watts take from Dolan's house?
(a) A jewelry box.
(b) A blue heart.
(c) A letter.
(d) A phone.
15. What does Pike's late-night encounter call him?
(a) Sleeping man.
(b) Cop man.
(c) Running man.
(d) Murder man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Wozniak's informant?
2. Who calls Cole after he leaves Lucy's house?
3. Who were Pike and Wozniak chasing when Wozniak died?
4. What does Pike do when he cannot sleep?
5. How does Pike think the killer is connected to him?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)