|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the media call Pike?
(a) Running man.
(b) Innocent cop.
(c) Vigilante killer.
(d) Cop killer.
2. Why does Krantz arrest Cole?
(a) For killing Dolan.
(b) For obstruction of justice.
(c) For lying.
(d) For murder.
3. What movie does Cole compare the Sierra Madre to?
(b) Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
(c) Harry Potter.
4. How did Abel Wozniak die?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) Krantz shot him.
(c) Leonard DeVille shot him.
(d) Pike shot him.
5. Who does Cole call in the beginning of Chapter 40?
6. Who shows up at Paulette's house first in Chapter 37?
7. What happened to Cole's visitor in Chapter 31?
(a) The person was attacked.
(b) The person was fired.
(c) The person was arrested.
(d) The person was deported.
8. Who does Cole find a photo of at Sobek's house when the police barge in?
9. What sentence does Krantz say he wants for Pike?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) House arrest.
(c) The death penalty.
(d) Life on parole.
10. Who warns Paulette and Evelyn about Sobek?
11. Who visits Pike with Cole in Chapter 26?
(a) Harvey Krantz.
(b) Eugene Dersh.
(c) Charlie Bauman.
(d) Samantha Dolan.
12. Who brings Frank Garcia to the hospital?
(d) Abbot Montoya.
13. What do drivers see when they get close to Palm Springs?
(a) Sod farms.
14. Who does Cole call after they leave Sobek's mother's house?
(c) Frank Garcia.
15. What does Watts take from Dolan's house?
(a) A phone.
(b) A jewelry box.
(c) A letter.
(d) A blue heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the officer take Cole after arresting him?
2. Who meets Cole at the same place the caller mentions in Chapter 32?
3. Who does Cole go to see at the beginning of Chapter 28?
4. What information does the caller give Cole when he returns from Lucy's house after being out all night?
5. Why does McConnell say Wozniak is being investigated?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)