|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cole think Sobek is going in Chapter 36?
(a) Beverly Hills.
(b) Palm Springs.
(c) Parker Center.
(d) Lake Hollywood.
2. What does Lucy tell Pike after he escapes from prison?
(a) To call his attorney.
(b) To give himself up.
(c) To run away.
(d) To leave the house.
3. What does Watts take from Dolan's house?
(a) A jewelry box.
(b) A letter.
(c) A blue heart.
(d) A phone.
4. What does Pike's late-night encounter call him?
(a) Cop man.
(b) Sleeping man.
(c) Murder man.
(d) Running man.
5. Who shows up at Paulette's house first in Chapter 37?
6. What sentence does Krantz say he wants for Pike?
(a) The death penalty.
(b) Life on parole.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) House arrest.
7. How does Evelyn react to Pike in Chapter 37?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is in love.
(d) She is happy.
8. What does Krantz find in Sobek's fridge?
(c) Newspaper clippings.
9. Who does Cole go to see at the beginning of Chapter 28?
(a) Joe Pike.
(b) Mike McConnell.
(c) Abel Wozniak.
(d) Harvey Krantz.
10. Who shoots Laurence Sobek?
11. What does Cole do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Calls Dolan.
(b) Retraces Pike's run.
(c) Goes for a run.
(d) Bails Pike out of jail.
12. Why does Krantz arrest Cole?
(a) For killing Dolan.
(b) For murder.
(c) For lying.
(d) For obstruction of justice.
13. Where do the police find Pike's car?
(a) Twentynine Palms.
(c) The Palms Hotel.
(d) Thirtynine Palms.
14. What does the media call Pike?
(a) Cop killer.
(b) Innocent cop.
(c) Vigilante killer.
(d) Running man.
15. Who brings Frank Garcia to the hospital?
(c) Abbot Montoya.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Chapter 23, who is accused of Dersh's murder?
2. Why does Cole lose his license?
3. Who shows up at Cole's door after Pike leaves?
4. Who do Krantz and Cole see on the floor at Paulette's house?
5. What type of car does Sobek drive?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)