|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many officers came to Dolan's funeral?
(a) Over a thousand.
(c) Over two thousand.
(d) Over a hundred.
2. What does Pike do when he cannot sleep?
(a) Calls Cole.
(b) Takes sleeping pills.
(c) Takes steroids.
3. Who was Wozniak's informant?
(a) Laurence Sobek.
(b) Edward Deege.
(c) Eugene Dersh.
(d) Leonard DeVille.
4. What is the name Sobek is using?
(a) Curtis Wozniak.
(b) Curtis Wood.
(c) Abel Wood.
(d) Curtis Sobek.
5. Who brings Frank Garcia to the hospital?
(c) Abbot Montoya.
6. Who visits Pike with Cole in Chapter 26?
(a) Eugene Dersh.
(b) Charlie Bauman.
(c) Samantha Dolan.
(d) Harvey Krantz.
7. Where do the police find Pike's car?
(a) The Palms Hotel.
(b) Thirtynine Palms.
(d) Twentynine Palms.
8. What movie does Cole compare the Sierra Madre to?
(b) Harry Potter.
(c) Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
9. Who were Pike and Wozniak chasing when Wozniak died?
(a) Eugene Dersh.
(b) Karen Garcia's killer.
(c) Leonard DeVille.
(d) Edward Deege.
10. Who does Cole call in the beginning of Chapter 40?
11. How does Cole think the killer is connected to Pike?
(a) Through Dolan.
(b) Through Frank.
(c) Through Karen.
(d) Through Dersh.
12. Who calls Cole after he leaves Lucy's house?
(a) Joe Pike.
(b) Samantha Dolan.
(c) Evelyn Wozniak.
(d) Paulette Renfro.
13. What does Cole put over Dolan's face?
(a) A blanket.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His shirt.
(d) A mask.
14. Why does McConnell say Wozniak is being investigated?
(a) He was a cop killer.
(b) He was an innocent man.
(c) He was involved in a burglary ring.
(d) He was a pedophile.
15. Why does Krantz arrest Cole?
(a) For lying.
(b) For murder.
(c) For killing Dolan.
(d) For obstruction of justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the media call Pike?
2. What does Cole want Dolan to help him get in Chapter 25?
3. Where does Cole think Sobek is going in Chapter 36?
4. Who does Cole call after they leave Sobek's mother's house?
5. What does Pike's late-night encounter call him?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)