|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cole call after they leave Sobek's mother's house?
(d) Frank Garcia.
2. Who visits Pike with Cole in Chapter 26?
(a) Harvey Krantz.
(b) Samantha Dolan.
(c) Charlie Bauman.
(d) Eugene Dersh.
3. What do drivers see when they get close to Palm Springs?
(b) Sod farms.
4. Who shoots Laurence Sobek?
5. Who brings Frank Garcia to the hospital?
(b) Abbot Montoya.
6. Why does Cole lose his license?
(a) He pleads guilty to a felony.
(b) Pike takes it away.
(c) Krantz hates him.
(d) Lucy tells him to give it up.
7. How many officers came to Dolan's funeral?
(a) Over a thousand.
(b) Over two thousand.
(c) Over a hundred.
8. Why does McConnell say Wozniak is being investigated?
(a) He was involved in a burglary ring.
(b) He was a cop killer.
(c) He was an innocent man.
(d) He was a pedophile.
9. How does Cole think the killer is connected to Pike?
(a) Through Karen.
(b) Through Dersh.
(c) Through Dolan.
(d) Through Frank.
10. What does Pike do when he cannot sleep?
(b) Takes sleeping pills.
(c) Calls Cole.
(d) Takes steroids.
11. Who meets Cole at the same place the caller mentions in Chapter 32?
12. What information does the caller give Cole when he returns from Lucy's house after being out all night?
(a) The killer's name.
(b) Dolan's resume.
(c) Pike's record.
(d) Wozniak's storage unit.
13. in Chapter 23, who is accused of Dersh's murder?
(c) Amanda Kimmel.
14. What does Krantz find in Sobek's fridge?
(a) Newspaper clippings.
15. What does Cole do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Goes for a run.
(b) Bails Pike out of jail.
(c) Retraces Pike's run.
(d) Calls Dolan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the police find Pike's car?
2. Who is Evelyn Wozniak?
3. Where does Cole think Sobek is going in Chapter 36?
4. What show does Amanda Kimmel watch?
5. Who was Wozniak's informant?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)