|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cole find a photo of at Sobek's house when the police barge in?
2. What do drivers see when they get close to Palm Springs?
(b) Sod farms.
3. Who does Cole call in the beginning of Chapter 40?
4. Who is the most dangerous man Cole knows?
5. Why does Krantz arrest Cole?
(a) For killing Dolan.
(b) For obstruction of justice.
(c) For lying.
(d) For murder.
6. What list are all the victims on?
(a) Pike's informant list.
(b) Wozniak's informant list.
(c) Krantz's arrest record.
(d) DeVille's witness list.
7. Who visits Pike with Cole in Chapter 26?
(a) Samantha Dolan.
(b) Harvey Krantz.
(c) Eugene Dersh.
(d) Charlie Bauman.
8. What sentence does Krantz say he wants for Pike?
(a) Life on parole.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) House arrest.
(d) The death penalty.
9. What does Cole take from the storage unit?
(a) Wozniak's daybooks.
(b) Krantz's daybooks.
(c) Pike's daybooks.
(d) Paulette's journal.
10. What kills Dolan?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A landmine.
(c) A knife.
(d) A shotgun.
11. Who is Evelyn Wozniak?
(a) Pike's daughter.
(b) Abel's daughter.
(c) Abel's wife.
(d) Pike's wife.
12. Why does McConnell say Wozniak is being investigated?
(a) He was an innocent man.
(b) He was involved in a burglary ring.
(c) He was a cop killer.
(d) He was a pedophile.
13. How many officers came to Dolan's funeral?
(a) Over a hundred.
(b) Over two thousand.
(d) Over a thousand.
14. Where do the police find Pike's car?
(b) Thirtynine Palms.
(c) Twentynine Palms.
(d) The Palms Hotel.
15. What file is missing from the records department?
(a) Joe Pike's.
(b) Harvey Krantz's.
(c) Leonard DeVille's.
(d) Abel Wozniak's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Cole after he leaves Lucy's house?
2. Who were Pike and Wozniak chasing when Wozniak died?
3. Who brings Frank Garcia to the hospital?
4. What information does the caller give Cole when he returns from Lucy's house after being out all night?
5. in Chapter 23, who is accused of Dersh's murder?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)