|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Cole and Pike off of the Karen Garcia case?
(a) Frank Garcia.
(b) Councilman Maldenado.
(c) Samantha Dolan.
(d) Harvey Krantz.
2. What does Cole buy for Lucy in Chapter 9?
(a) A CD player.
(c) A car.
(d) A smoothie.
3. Who long did the police work the crime scene?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Six hours.
4. Who is Joe Pike?
(a) Elvis's brother.
(b) Lucy's brother.
(c) Elvis's partner.
(d) Lucy's boyfriend.
5. What is the good news Dolan has for Frank Garcia in Chapter 15?
(a) They caught Karen's killer.
(b) They are staking out the funeral.
(c) They are releasing Karen's body.
(d) They found something in the letters.
6. What reason does Krantz give Frank Garcia for not having arrested Dersh yet?
(a) Dersh is not a suspect.
(b) He did not do it.
(c) There is not enough evidence.
(d) Dersh is free on bail.
7. Where does Cole go at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Back to his house.
(b) Back to Lucy's house.
(c) Back to the police station.
(d) Back to the lake.
8. What does Lucy offer the visitor in Chapter 18?
(a) Another drink.
(b) To stay for dinner.
(c) To serve as legal counsel.
(d) To help free Dersh.
9. How many murders does Jerry tell Cole there are?
10. What does Cole go to get from Krantz in Chapter 11?
(a) Karen's will.
(b) Frank's money.
(c) The Special Files report.
(d) The criminalist's report.
11. Who do Cole, Pike, and Dolan go see in Chapter 15?
(a) Harvey Krantz.
(b) Eugene Dersh.
(c) Buzz Cut.
(d) Frank Garcia.
12. Where do Joe and Elvis find Karen's car?
(a) Behind Jungle Juice.
(b) In the river.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) Behind a flower shop.
13. What did Pike's father do to him when he was younger?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Took him to the park.
(c) Laughed at him.
(d) Took him camping.
14. Who is Cole surprised to see at Karen's funeral?
(a) Eugene Dersh.
(b) Joe Pike.
(c) Frank Garcia.
(d) Edward Deege.
15. Where does Cole have to go the next morning after observing the Karen Garcia crime scene?
(a) Karen's house.
(b) Frank's house.
(c) The crime scene.
(d) Parker Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What division are the military trainers looking to fill?
2. Who were the letters to Karen from?
3. How does Cole get to see the person that refuses to see the media?
4. Why does Pike go to see Eugene Dersh?
5. Who does Frank blame for his daughter's death?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)