|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Morel like the tides?
2. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
3. What does Morel say will happen if the dials on the machine are synchronized?
4. Morel compares his invention to what?
5. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the narrator's paranoia affect his decision making? What does the narrator's paranoia say about the affects of solitude?
Essay Topic 2
How does solitude affect the narrator and his mind? How do you think one could fight the problems caused by solitude in such a situation?
Essay Topic 3
What was Casares' relationship with Borges? How did Casares' relationship with Borges influence his writings?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)