|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator find fresh flowers?
2. What does the narrator see waiting at the bay?
3. Who do the audience think Morel may have killed?
4. What does the large hall look like it has been set up to host?
5. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the narrator to the person he is at the beginning of the book to the person he is at the end.
1. What does the narrator hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events change the narrator's ideas about life?
3. How has the narrator's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What does the introduction say about Casares? How is the introduction helpful in understanding the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does this have on the story?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)