|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the large hall look like it has been set up to host?
2. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
3. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
4. What is the man seeking at the beginning of this section?
5. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How much can the reader trust the narrator? What suggestions are there that everything in the novel comes from the narrator's imagination?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is it strange that the people come back to the island? How does the story change when the people return?
Essay Topic 3
How does Morel's machine work? Does the machine have any links with real life technology? What could Morel's machine be used to do in contemporary society?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)