|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
2. How does the narrator describe Faustine's behavior?
3. How is the aquarium different from the last time the narrator saw it?
4. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
5. Why does the narrator decide against killing himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and help to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What was Casares' relationship with Borges? How did Casares' relationship with Borges influence his writings?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)