|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose photograph does Morel say he can show them?
2. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
3. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
4. What problem does the narrator have with the room where he sleeps that night?
5. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and help to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a novel and a novella in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)