|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
2. What does the narrator see waiting at the bay?
3. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
4. Who do the audience think Morel may have killed?
5. Who does Morel say he doesn't want to discover his plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the introduction say about Casares? How is the introduction helpful in understanding the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does this have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What does the fact the narrator worships an image say about 1940s society? Do the students think the author's view point is still relevant today?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)