|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
2. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
3. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
4. What does the narrator bring to give to the woman on the beach?
5. Morel compares his invention to what?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What does the fact the narrator worships an image say about 1940s society? Do the students think the author's view point is still relevant today?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a novel and a novella in terms of the following?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)