|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
2. How does the narrator recognize the poisonous plants?
3. What does Faustine tell Morel she thinks he is?
4. About whom does the narrator dream in this section?
5. What part of the island does the narrator say has polluted air?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the narrator work out that the people he is seeing are images? Why does the fact that Faustine is an image not change the narrator's thoughts towards her?
Essay Topic 2
What was Casares' relationship with Borges? How did Casares' relationship with Borges influence his writings?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)