|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator eventually escape the museum?
2. When does the narrator say he likes to hunt?
3. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
4. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
5. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the narrator work out that the people he is seeing are images? Why does the fact that Faustine is an image not change the narrator's thoughts towards her?
Essay Topic 2
What was Casares' relationship with Borges? How did Casares' relationship with Borges influence his writings?
Essay Topic 3
How does the story change when Morel is introduced? In what way does Morel cause the story's conflict?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)