|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
2. How does the narrator recognize the poisonous plants?
3. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
4. What kind of bloody animal does the narrator say he has added to his diet?
5. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the narrator's paranoia affect his decision making? What does the narrator's paranoia say about the affects of solitude?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the woman on the island have such an affect on the narrator? What do his feelings for her say about Casares' own thoughts on love?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)