|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator find when he enters the museum?
2. Who do the audience think Morel may have killed?
3. What language are the two men speaking?
4. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
5. Why is the narrator certain that people have come back to the island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the introduction say about Casares? How is the introduction helpful in understanding the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does the story change when Morel is introduced? In what way does Morel cause the story's conflict?
Essay Topic 3
How does solitude affect the narrator and his mind? How do you think one could fight the problems caused by solitude in such a situation?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)