|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what part of the island is the narrator's boat?
2. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
3. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
4. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
5. What does Morel tell those gathered that he has done without their permission?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a novel and a novella in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
How does Morel's machine work? Does the machine have any links with real life technology? What could Morel's machine be used to do in contemporary society?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)