|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
2. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
3. Why can't the narrator initially escape from the museum?
4. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
5. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does solitude affect the narrator and his mind? How do you think one could fight the problems caused by solitude in such a situation?
Essay Topic 2
How does the narrator work out that the people he is seeing are images? Why does the fact that Faustine is an image not change the narrator's thoughts towards her?
Essay Topic 3
What does the fact the narrator worships an image say about 1940s society? Do the students think the author's view point is still relevant today?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)