|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
2. Why is the narrator certain that people have come back to the island?
3. Why does the narrator begin to think Morel and Faustine are putting on a comic act for his benefit?
4. What announces the beginning of dinner?
5. Which Canddian city is Madeline's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Morel's machine work? Does the machine have any links with real life technology? What could Morel's machine be used to do in contemporary society?
Essay Topic 2
What are the story's supernatural and fantasy elements? How does Casares use fantasy and supernatural elements to create meaning?
Essay Topic 3
How does the narrator work out that the people he is seeing are images? Why does the fact that Faustine is an image not change the narrator's thoughts towards her?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)