|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator scream at Morel to humiliate him?
2. Who do the audience think Morel may have killed?
3. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
4. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
5. What concept does the narrator say he finds delightful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Casares' relationship with Borges? How did Casares' relationship with Borges influence his writings?
Essay Topic 2
How does solitude affect the narrator and his mind? How do you think one could fight the problems caused by solitude in such a situation?
Essay Topic 3
Why were genre novels becoming more respected in the 40s? In what way were authors like Casares influential in the critical evaluation of genre books? How was Casares influenced by genres such as adventure books?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)