|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what part of the island is the narrator's boat?
2. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
3. What does the narrator find when he enters the museum?
4. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
5. What does Morel say is the name of the company with which he worked on his machine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were genre novels becoming more respected in the 40s? In what way were authors like Casares influential in the critical evaluation of genre books? How was Casares influenced by genres such as adventure books?
Essay Topic 2
What are the story's supernatural and fantasy elements? How does Casares use fantasy and supernatural elements to create meaning?
Essay Topic 3
How does the story change when Morel is introduced? In what way does Morel cause the story's conflict?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)