|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
2. How is the aquarium different from the last time the narrator saw it?
3. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
4. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
5. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What does the introduction say about Casares? How is the introduction helpful in understanding the novel?
Essay Topic 2What are the story's supernatural and fantasy elements? How does Casares use fantasy and supernatural elements to create meaning?
Essay Topic 3What was Casares' relationship with Borges? How did Casares' relationship with Borges influence his writings?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)