|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what does the narrator say the paper he is writing is changing ?
2. What does the woman's bosom make her look like?
3. What is the name of the Italian rug merchant?
4. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
5. What is the name of the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the rug seller tell the narrator about the island?
2. What does the narrator feel about the woman he sees watching the sunset?
3. What is happening in the museum when the narrator enters to find food?
4. Why does Morel call the museum the Museum?
5. Why does the narrator think the meeting could be a ruse?
6. What problem does the narrator have with flowers?
7. Describe the garden the narrator creates.
8. Why does the narrator decide against suicide?
9. How does the narrator try to get Morel away from Faustine?
10. What does Borges think is fantastic literature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Casares' relationship with Borges? How did Casares' relationship with Borges influence his writings?
Essay Topic 2
Why were genre novels becoming more respected in the 40s? In what way were authors like Casares influential in the critical evaluation of genre books? How was Casares influenced by genres such as adventure books?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)