|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what does the narrator say the paper he is writing is changing ?
2. Why does the narrator say he decided to go to the island despite of its dangers?
3. What are the group's favorite two records?
4. What is the name of the magazine where Bioy started his career?
5. The essayist say Casares's novels are rich in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morel say is different about the photograph he has taken of those present?
2. How does the narrator escape the basement?
3. Summarize the novel.
4. Why is the narrator cautious about meeting the real Faustine?
5. What discoveries does the narrator make in the basement?
6. Why does the narrator think either he or the others could be dead?
7. Why doesn't the narrator like being in the lowlands?
8. Why does the narrator think he could be hallucinating the people in the museum?
9. Why does the narrator think he should expose Morel's machine to the whole world?
10. Why does the narrator think the meeting could be a ruse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the introduction say about Casares? How is the introduction helpful in understanding the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
How does the narrator's paranoia affect his decision making? What does the narrator's paranoia say about the affects of solitude?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)