Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the magazine where Bioy started his career?
2. Casares is from what country?
3. What do Casares's friends call him?.
4. Why does the narrator think the people he sees are a group of eccentrics?
5. What genre did Robert Stevenson think the British reading public scorned in 1880?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can the narrator see on top of the hill?
2. What does Borges say about Spanish literature?
3. What does the narrator think of Morel's speech?
4. What does the narrator begin to fear about what he calls the invaders?
5. Summarize the novel.
6. How does the narrator escape the museum?
7. How does the narrator initially try to escape from the basement?
8. What kind of machine does the narrator say he wants to develop?
9. Why does Morel call the museum the Museum?
10. What is the narrator's final plea before he dies?
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
What are the story's supernatural and fantasy elements? How does Casares use fantasy and supernatural elements to create meaning?
What are the differences between a novel and a novella in terms of the following?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)