|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what does the narrator say the paper he is writing is changing ?
2. What does the Italian in Calcutta sell?
3. Casares is from what country?
4. Who translated the 1964 American edition of the Invention of Morel?
5. The narrator says the men violate the sanctity of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of machine does the narrator say he wants to develop?
2. What is happening in the museum when the narrator enters to find food?
3. What does the narrator begin to fear about what he calls the invaders?
4. What does the narrator feel about the woman he sees watching the sunset?
5. What does the narrator think of Morel's speech?
6. How does the narrator describe the museum?
7. How does the narrator spy on the dinner party?
8. What is Borges' opinion on the psychological novel?
9. Why does the narrator think either he or the others could be dead?
10. What does the narrator overhear Morel saying to a young man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the introduction say about Casares? How is the introduction helpful in understanding the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What are the story's supernatural and fantasy elements? How does Casares use fantasy and supernatural elements to create meaning?
Essay Topic 3
What does the fact the narrator worships an image say about 1940s society? Do the students think the author's view point is still relevant today?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)