|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of poetry does Borges favor?
2. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
3. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
4. What did the narrator find dead in the circular room?
5. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people in the meeting conclude after Morel storms out?
2. What does the narrator want to expose in his books?
3. How does the narrator spy on the dinner party?
4. How does the narrator ensure he is with Faustine forever?
5. Why does the narrator have to escape to the island?
6. What is the narrator's final plea before he dies?
7. How does the narrator initially try to escape from the basement?
8. Why does the narrator become upset with Faustine?
9. What does Morel say is different about the photograph he has taken of those present?
10. What does the narrator overhear Morel saying to a young man?
Essay Topic 1
What does the fact the narrator worships an image say about 1940s society? Do the students think the author's view point is still relevant today?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a novel and a novella in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
How does the narrator's paranoia affect his decision making? What does the narrator's paranoia say about the affects of solitude?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)