|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The town of Bearn is in what country?
2. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
3. What are the Spanish poets and intellectuals fleeing in the 30s?
4. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
5. What large collection does the museum have in one room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the narrator like being in the lowlands?
2. What is the narrator's final plea before he dies?
3. What does Borges think is fantastic literature?
4. How does the narrator escape the museum?
5. How does the narrator describe the woman he sees watching the sunset?
6. What does Morel say is different about the photograph he has taken of those present?
7. Why does the narrator think the meeting could be a ruse?
8. How does the rug seller help the narrator escape onto the island?
9. How does the narrator ensure he is with Faustine forever?
10. Why does the narrator decide against escaping the island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a novel and a novella in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 2
How does Morel's machine work? Does the machine have any links with real life technology? What could Morel's machine be used to do in contemporary society?
Essay Topic 3
In what way are Casares' views and the way he lived life an important part of what happens on the novel?
Discuss whether it is right or wrong for an author's persona to become such an important part of a story.
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)