|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
2. The town of Bearn is in what country?
3. The narrator says the men violate the sanctity of what?
4. What is the name of the magazine where Bioy started his career?
5. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Morel decide that Haynes does not have to attend the meeting?
2. How did Casares' mother influence his storytelling style?
3. Why does the narrator think either he or the others could be dead?
4. How does the narrator describe the woman he sees watching the sunset?
5. What kind of machine does the narrator say he wants to develop?
6. Why does Morel choose Villings island for his experiments?
7. How does the narrator ensure he is with Faustine forever?
8. What is Borges' opinion on the psychological novel?
9. What discoveries does the narrator make in the basement?
10. What does the narrator theorize about Morel?
Essay Topic 1
What does the introduction say about Casares? How is the introduction helpful in understanding the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Why were genre novels becoming more respected in the 40s? In what way were authors like Casares influential in the critical evaluation of genre books? How was Casares influenced by genres such as adventure books?
Essay Topic 3
How does the narrator work out that the people he is seeing are images? Why does the fact that Faustine is an image not change the narrator's thoughts towards her?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)