|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Morel like the tides?
(a) They stop people from leaving.
(b) They ward away visitors.
(c) They are fun for swimming.
(d) They provide power for his machine.
2. With whom does the narrator think the invaders are working?
(a) The government.
(b) The police.
(c) The army.
(d) His parents.
3. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
(a) Kissing her.
(b) Trampling on the narrator's flowers.
(c) Swearing at the narrator.
(d) Eating the narrator's berries.
4. About whom does the narrator dream in this section?
(b) His sister.
(d) The rug seller.
5. Who does the narrator design his flower bed to look like?
(a) The woman.
(b) The devil.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morel say is the name of the company with which he worked on his machine?
2. What does the narrator see waiting at the bay?
3. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
4. Where does the narrator find fresh flowers?
5. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)