|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
(a) The motor.
(b) The generator.
(c) The lamps.
(d) The choir.
2. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
(a) Kissing her.
(b) Swearing at the narrator.
(c) Trampling on the narrator's flowers.
(d) Eating the narrator's berries.
3. How does the narrator describe Faustine's behavior?
4. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) They can't pick things up.
(b) They don't react to him.
(c) They walk through him.
(d) He can see through them.
5. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator certain that people have come back to the island?
2. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
3. Whose photograph does Morel say he can show them?
4. Who does the narrator think has contracted the island's horrible disease?
5. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)