|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
(a) So his pursuers will excuse him from his crimes.
(b) So he can become rich.
(c) So he can win Faustine.
(d) So he can become famous.
2. Why does the narrator decide against killing himself?
(a) He wants to kill Morel.
(b) Faustine is not there to mourn him.
(c) He has to see Faustine again.
(d) He has no pratical method to do it.
3. Why does Morel choose Villings Island for his experiments?
(a) For the fresh air.
(b) For the tides and light.
(c) Because it is uninhabited.
(d) Because he can trap people there.
4. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
5. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) They can't pick things up.
(b) They walk through him.
(c) He can see through them.
(d) They don't react to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Morel says he loves?
2. Which Canddian city is Madeline's home?
3. What concept does the narrator say he finds delightful?
4. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
5. Morel compares his invention to what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)