|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the narrator see from the marshlands?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The top of a hill.
(c) The mountainside.
(d) The church.
2. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
3. What torments the author in the southern part of the island?
4. What large collection does the museum have in one room?
5. What kind of novel does Borges say is formless?
(a) A crime novel.
(b) A social novel.
(c) A magical realist novel.
(d) A psychological novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Casares is from what country?
2. Which of the following is a summer resort?
3. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
4. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
5. What is the name of the Italian rug merchant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator think the meeting could be a ruse?
2. Why does the narrator think he should expose Morel's machine to the whole world?
3. What can the narrator see on top of the hill?
4. What is the narrator's final plea before he dies?
5. How does the narrator escape the basement?
6. How does the narrator escape the museum?
7. What does Morel say is different about the photograph he has taken of those present?
8. How does the narrator try to get Morel away from Faustine?
9. What is Borges' opinion on the psychological novel?
10. How does the narrator describe the museum?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)