|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the story where Bioy claims he finally has found his style?
(a) Thinking Alone.
(b) Asleep in the Sun.
(c) The Idol.
(d) The Celestial Plot.
2. Why does the narrator think some people like to wear old clothes?
(a) To capture the magic of the past.
(b) They are easier to obtain.
(c) They are cheaper.
(d) As a statement against the present.
3. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
4. Into what language is the invention of Morel translated in 1953?
5. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
(a) Buenos Aires.
(c) Sao Paulo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes the narrator from his sleep?
2. What large collection does the museum have in one room?
3. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
4. What does the narrator move out by the swimming pool?
5. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discoveries does the narrator make in the basement?
2. What does Borges think is fantastic literature?
3. What can the narrator see on top of the hill?
4. What is the main theme of many of Casares' works?
5. What problem does the narrator have with flowers?
6. How does Morel say he can use his machine to make it seem like Madeline is in the room?
7. How does the narrator escape the museum?
8. What kind of machine does the narrator say he wants to develop?
9. Why does the narrator think he could be hallucinating the people in the museum?
10. Why does Morel decide that Haynes does not have to attend the meeting?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)