|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is elegantly carpeted?
(a) The hallway.
(b) The principal staircase.
(c) The master bedroom.
(d) The library.
2. What is the title of the essay Jose Ortega y Gasset wrote in 1925?
(a) The Rhythm of the Artist.
(b) The Human Factor.
(c) The Interest in Fantastic Fiction.
(d) The Dehumanization of Art.
3. What is the name of the island?
4. The narrator say he knows very little about what?
5. Where does the narrator say he is afraid to return?
(a) The mansion.
(b) The museum.
(c) The church.
(d) The supermarket.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says the men violate the sanctity of what?
2. What are the group's favorite two records?
3. What does the chapel look like?
4. What is the name of the Japanese cruiser that finds the dead crew of a ship?
5. Who translated the 1964 American edition of the Invention of Morel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the adventure story an object of scorn in 1880 Britain?
2. What problem does the narrator have with flowers?
3. Why does the narrator become upset with Faustine?
4. Why is the narrator cautious about meeting the real Faustine?
5. How does the narrator escape the museum?
6. What does the rug seller tell the narrator about the island?
7. How did Casares' mother influence his storytelling style?
8. What does the narrator theorize about Morel?
9. What is Borges' opinion on the psychological novel?
10. What kind of machine does the narrator say he wants to develop?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)