|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what language is the invention of Morel translated in 1953?
2. What does the beautiful woman wear over her dark curls?
(a) A bright scarf.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A plastic bag.
(d) A map.
3. What can the narrator see from the marshlands?
(a) The church.
(b) The mountainside.
(c) The town hall.
(d) The top of a hill.
4. What does the narrator claims stops one from running away in dreams?
(a) The screams of loved ones.
(c) A brick wall.
(d) A heavy weight.
5. The town of Bearn is in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
2. Casares is from what country?
3. The author awakens to the sound of what?
4. Where does the narrator say he is afraid to return?
5. What is the novel Casares wrote in 1934?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the rug seller help the narrator escape onto the island?
2. What is happening in the museum when the narrator enters to find food?
3. What kind of machine does the narrator say he wants to develop?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. What can the narrator see on top of the hill?
6. How did Casares entertain his friends?
7. Why does Morel call the museum the Museum?
8. What does the narrator overhear Morel saying to a young man?
9. Why does Morel decide that Haynes does not have to attend the meeting?
10. Why does the narrator become upset with Faustine?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)