|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chapel look like?
(a) A pancake.
(b) A long box.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A hat box.
2. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
(b) Sao Paulo.
(c) Buenos Aires.
3. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
(a) Epic poetry.
(b) Lyrical poetry.
4. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
5. Which Edgar Allan Poe story does the writer reference in the introduction?
(a) The House of Usher.
(b) Black Cat.
(c) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(d) The Raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator think some people like to wear old clothes?
2. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
3. The narrator says the men violate the sanctity of what?
4. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
5. What is the name of the Italian rug merchant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of machine does the narrator say he wants to develop?
2. Why was the adventure story an object of scorn in 1880 Britain?
3. What is happening in the museum when the narrator enters to find food?
4. How did Casares entertain his friends?
5. What does Morel say is different about the photograph he has taken of those present?
6. What problem does the narrator have with flowers?
7. What does the narrator begin to fear about what he calls the invaders?
8. What discoveries does the narrator make in the basement?
9. What causes Morel to storm out of the room?
10. How is The Invention of Morel different from Casares' early novels?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)