|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
(a) British pirates.
(b) Vietnamese pirates.
(c) Japanese pirates.
(d) Chinese pirates.
2. What large collection does the museum have in one room?
3. What is the novel Casares wrote in 1934?
(b) Beat It.
(c) The New Storm.
4. Into what does the narrator say the paper he is writing is changing ?
(a) A diary.
(b) A shopping list.
(c) A will.
(d) A script.
5. Why does the narrator say he decided to go to the island despite of its dangers?
(a) He knew the Italian as a liar.
(b) His life was unbearable.
(c) He thought there would be gold there.
(d) He wanted adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Mexican poet referenced in the introduction?
2. What kind of novel does Borges say is formless?
3. What are the group's favorite two records?
4. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
5. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator think the meeting could be a ruse?
2. Why does the narrator think he will never get to see Faustine again?
3. What kind of machine does the narrator say he wants to develop?
4. Why doesn't the narrator like being in the lowlands?
5. How does the narrator describe the woman he sees watching the sunset?
6. In what condition does Jane attend the meeting?
7. What can the narrator see on top of the hill?
8. How does the narrator initially try to escape from the basement?
9. What does Morel say is different about the photograph he has taken of those present?
10. Why does the narrator decide against escaping the island?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)