|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the island?
2. The author awakens to the sound of what?
(a) The radio.
(b) A gospel choir.
(c) A phonograph record.
(d) Birds singing.
3. What is the name of the Japanese cruiser that finds the dead crew of a ship?
4. Which of the following creatures can one find in the swimming pool?
5. What kind of novel does Borges say is formless?
(a) A magical realist novel.
(b) A psychological novel.
(c) A social novel.
(d) A crime novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following poets wrote lyrical poems?
2. What is the name of Eliseo Subiela's metaphysical film?
3. Who translated the 1964 American edition of the Invention of Morel?
4. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
5. What can the narrator see from the marshlands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can the narrator see on top of the hill?
2. Why does Morel choose Villings island for his experiments?
3. How does the island disease affect people?
4. Why was the adventure story an object of scorn in 1880 Britain?
5. Why does the narrator decide against escaping the island?
6. What does the narrator begin to fear about what he calls the invaders?
7. How does the narrator try to get Morel away from Faustine?
8. For what reasons does Borges say he likes adventure stories?
9. Why does the narrator think he could be hallucinating the people in the museum?
10. What do the people in the meeting conclude after Morel storms out?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)