|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two buildings are on top of the hill?
(a) A cinema and a cafe.
(b) A town hall and a belltower.
(c) A factory and a mill.
(d) A museum and a chapel.
2. What can the narrator see from the marshlands?
(a) The top of a hill.
(b) The mountainside.
(c) The town hall.
(d) The church.
3. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
(a) The palm tree.
(b) The oak tree.
(c) The silver birch.
(d) The coconut tree.
4. What does the narrator say it would have been practical to build out of stones?
(a) An outdoor oven.
(b) A toilet.
(c) A house.
(d) A barricade.
5. What room does the narrator remember with disgust?
(a) The circular room.
(b) The square room.
(c) The box room.
(d) The triangle room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of novel does Borges say is formless?
2. What is the name of the writer with whom Casares developed a close friendship?
3. What does the woman's bosom make her look like?
4. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
5. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator spy on the dinner party?
2. What is the main theme of many of Casares' works?
3. Why does Morel call the museum the Museum?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. Why does the narrator think the roots he has been eating have caused him to hallucinate?
6. What does the narrator begin to fear about what he calls the invaders?
7. How does the narrator initially try to escape from the basement?
8. What is Borges' opinion on the psychological novel?
9. Why does Morel decide that Haynes does not have to attend the meeting?
10. How did Casares entertain his friends?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)