|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
(a) Clothing products.
(b) Dairy products.
(c) Leather products.
(d) Coffee products.
2. Which one of Bioy's stories does the writer mention in the introduction?
(a) Family Ties and Other Assortments.
(b) The Invention that Changed the World.
(c) The Misadventurers of the Girl Who Hated Icecream.
(d) The Adventure of a Photographer in La Plata.
3. What two buildings are on top of the hill?
(a) A town hall and a belltower.
(b) A cinema and a cafe.
(c) A museum and a chapel.
(d) A factory and a mill.
4. The narrator says the men violate the sanctity of what?
(a) Corn fields and orchards.
(b) Forests and deserts.
(c) Family and Religion.
(d) Churches and cemeteries.
5. Which of the following words does the author use to describe the building on the hill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
2. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
3. Which of the following titles does the narrator say he wants to use for one of his novels?
4. In which room does the narrator say he made discoveries on two separate occasions?
5. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator want to expose in his books?
2. What does the narrator theorize about Morel?
3. Why does the narrator think he should expose Morel's machine to the whole world?
4. What does Borges think is fantastic literature?
5. How does the narrator initially try to escape from the basement?
6. Why does the narrator think the roots he has been eating have caused him to hallucinate?
7. Why is the narrator cautious about meeting the real Faustine?
8. Describe the layout of the island?
9. How did Casares entertain his friends?
10. How does the island disease affect people?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)