|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following creatures can one find in the swimming pool?
2. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
(a) They are diseased.
(b) They are too young.
(c) The wood is too hard.
(d) They are guarded.
3. What torments the author in the southern part of the island?
4. What is the name of Eliseo Subiela's metaphysical film?
(a) Man Facing Southeast.
(b) The Grand Illusion.
(c) Doing For the Sake of It.
(d) Gross Misconduct.
5. What wakes the narrator from his sleep?
(c) Gun shots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a summer resort?
2. Which French novelist does Borges reference in the prologue?
3. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
4. What kind of poetry does Borges favor?
5. Who translated the 1964 American edition of the Invention of Morel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator ensure he is with Faustine forever?
2. What do the people in the meeting conclude after Morel storms out?
3. How does the rug seller help the narrator escape onto the island?
4. Why does the narrator think either he or the others could be dead?
5. What does Morel say is different about the photograph he has taken of those present?
6. Why does the narrator become upset with Faustine?
7. How does the narrator escape the basement?
8. How does the narrator try to get Morel away from Faustine?
9. Why doesn't the narrator like being in the lowlands?
10. Why does the narrator decide against suicide?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)