|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following titles does the narrator say he wants to use for one of his novels?
(a) Apology for Survivors.
(b) Dedication is What We Need.
(c) Keeping Open to Life.
2. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
3. The people on the mountainside are unmindful of what kind of creature?
4. What is the name of Eliseo Subiela's metaphysical film?
(a) Man Facing Southeast.
(b) Doing For the Sake of It.
(c) The Grand Illusion.
(d) Gross Misconduct.
5. Into what language is the invention of Morel translated in 1953?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
2. Why does the narrator decide he must build a shelter?
3. What does Borges say Joyce's Ulysses is rather than a masterpiece?
4. Why does the Italian say the Rockefeller Institute never visit the island?
5. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Morel decide that Haynes does not have to attend the meeting?
2. What is the narrator's final plea before he dies?
3. What is happening in the museum when the narrator enters to find food?
4. Why does the narrator become upset with Faustine?
5. What discoveries does the narrator make in the basement?
6. What does the narrator feel about the woman he sees watching the sunset?
7. What does the narrator overhear Morel saying to a young man?
8. How does Morel say he can use his machine to make it seem like Madeline is in the room?
9. How does the rug seller help the narrator escape onto the island?
10. What is the main theme of many of Casares' works?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)