|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
(a) Branches and leaves.
(b) Moss and leaves.
(c) Tree trunks and seaweed.
(d) Feathers and branches.
2. What can the narrator see from the marshlands?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The mountainside.
(c) The church.
(d) The top of a hill.
3. Why does the Italian say the Rockefeller Institute never visit the island?
(a) The inhabitants are cannibals.
(b) It is the focal point of a mysterious disease.
(c) There is a war raging in its center.
(d) It is sacred ground.
4. Why does the narrator think the people he sees are a group of eccentrics?
(a) They are wearing warm clothes.
(b) They are running around naked.
(c) They are dancing around a fire.
(d) They are wearing clothes from another era.
5. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
(a) Epic poetry.
(c) Lyrical poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
2. Which of the following does a group of white men build on the island?
3. Each god is three times larger than what?
4. Which Edgar Allan Poe story does the writer reference in the introduction?
5. The town of Bearn is in what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does the narrator have with flowers?
2. How does the narrator describe the museum?
3. What is the narrator's final plea before he dies?
4. How did Casares' mother influence his storytelling style?
5. How is The Invention of Morel different from Casares' early novels?
6. How does the narrator ensure he is with Faustine forever?
7. What can the narrator see on top of the hill?
8. Why does Morel choose Villings island for his experiments?
9. In what condition does Jane attend the meeting?
10. What does the rug seller tell the narrator about the island?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)