|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
2. What is the name of the story where Bioy claims he finally has found his style?
(a) The Celestial Plot.
(b) Thinking Alone.
(c) The Idol.
(d) Asleep in the Sun.
3. What room does the narrator remember with disgust?
(a) The square room.
(b) The circular room.
(c) The box room.
(d) The triangle room.
4. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
5. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Bioy's personality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say he is afraid to return?
2. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
3. Which of the following titles does the narrator say he wants to use for one of his novels?
4. Why does the narrator think the people he sees are a group of eccentrics?
5. Into what language is the invention of Morel translated in 1953?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator think the meeting could be a ruse?
2. How does the narrator describe the woman he sees watching the sunset?
3. Why does the narrator think he will never get to see Faustine again?
4. What does the narrator begin to fear about what he calls the invaders?
5. What does the narrator feel about the woman he sees watching the sunset?
6. Why does the narrator become upset with Faustine?
7. What is Casares' relationship with Borges?
8. What does the narrator think of Morel's speech?
9. What is Borges' opinion on the psychological novel?
10. What kind of machine does the narrator say he wants to develop?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)