|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people on the mountainside are unmindful of what kind of creature?
2. What does the Italian in Calcutta sell?
3. What does the narrator say are on the western side of the ravine?
(a) Dead fish.
(d) Large boulders.
4. What do Casares's friends call him?.
5. What is the name of the Mexican poet referenced in the introduction?
(a) Pita Amor.
(b) Octavio Paz.
(c) Gabriella Brimmer.
(d) Manuel Carpio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
2. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
3. Who translated the 1964 American edition of the Invention of Morel?
4. What are the group's favorite two records?
5. Why does the narrator decide he must build a shelter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Casares entertain his friends?
2. Why does the narrator think the meeting could be a ruse?
3. How does the narrator ensure he is with Faustine forever?
4. Why does the narrator think he should expose Morel's machine to the whole world?
5. What can the narrator see on top of the hill?
6. What does Borges say about Spanish literature?
7. What does the narrator begin to fear about what he calls the invaders?
8. What is Borges' opinion on the psychological novel?
9. Why does the narrator contemplate murder?
10. How does the narrator escape the museum?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)