|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room measures forty feet by fifty feet?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The library.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The lounge.
2. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
(a) Coffee products.
(b) Dairy products.
(c) Leather products.
(d) Clothing products.
3. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
4. What is the name of the story where Bioy claims he finally has found his style?
(a) Asleep in the Sun.
(b) The Celestial Plot.
(c) The Idol.
(d) Thinking Alone.
5. What genre did Robert Stevenson think the British reading public scorned in 1880?
(a) The adventure novel.
(b) The sport novel.
(c) The crime novel.
(d) The science fiction novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people on the mountainside are unmindful of what kind of creature?
2. What does the author say came ahead of time?
3. Why does the narrator think some people like to wear old clothes?
4. What writer does Borges claim has superior plots?
5. Which of the following creatures can one find in the swimming pool?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator overhear Morel saying to a young man?
2. What does the narrator say happens when he sighs in the basement?
3. How did Casares' mother influence his storytelling style?
4. What is the narrator's final plea before he dies?
5. What does Morel say is different about the photograph he has taken of those present?
6. How does the narrator describe the museum?
7. What discoveries does the narrator make in the basement?
8. What does the narrator want to expose in his books?
9. What can the narrator see on top of the hill?
10. How does the narrator escape the basement?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)