|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does the narrator say the paper he is writing is changing ?
(a) A will.
(b) A script.
(c) A shopping list.
(d) A diary.
2. What room measures forty feet by fifty feet?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The lounge.
(c) The library.
(d) The dining room.
3. What does the author say came ahead of time?
(a) The Velvet Underground.
(d) The Beatles.
4. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
(a) Branches and leaves.
(b) Moss and leaves.
(c) Tree trunks and seaweed.
(d) Feathers and branches.
5. What kind of novel does Borges say is formless?
(a) A social novel.
(b) A magical realist novel.
(c) A psychological novel.
(d) A crime novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Mexican poet referenced in the introduction?
2. Which of the following creatures can one find in the swimming pool?
3. Why does the narrator say he decided to go to the island despite of its dangers?
4. What large collection does the museum have in one room?
5. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Casares' relationship with Borges?
2. What does the narrator say happens when he sighs in the basement?
3. What does Gasset say about adventure stories?
4. What does the narrator want to expose in his books?
5. Why does the narrator become upset with Faustine?
6. What do the people in the meeting conclude after Morel storms out?
7. What does the narrator feel about the woman he sees watching the sunset?
8. What is the main theme of many of Casares' works?
9. What does the narrator begin to fear about what he calls the invaders?
10. What discoveries does the narrator make in the basement?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)