|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words does the author use to describe the building on the hill?
2. Which Edgar Allan Poe story does the writer reference in the introduction?
(a) Black Cat.
(b) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(c) The Raven.
(d) The House of Usher.
3. What country does Bioy see as his second home?
4. What does the narrator say it would have been practical to build out of stones?
(a) A toilet.
(b) A house.
(c) An outdoor oven.
(d) A barricade.
5. What is the name of the Italian rug merchant?
(a) Paulo Maldini.
(b) Roberto Baggio.
(c) Umberto Eco.
(d) Dalmacio Ombrellieri.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who translated the 1964 American edition of the Invention of Morel?
2. Which of the following creatures can one find in the swimming pool?
3. Which of the following titles does the narrator say he wants to use for one of his novels?
4. What can the narrator see from the marshlands?
5. What is the name of the Japanese cruiser that finds the dead crew of a ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Morel say he can use his machine to make it seem like Madeline is in the room?
2. What problem does the narrator have with flowers?
3. Why does the narrator decide against suicide?
4. Why does the narrator become upset with Faustine?
5. What do the people in the meeting conclude after Morel storms out?
6. Why does the narrator think he should expose Morel's machine to the whole world?
7. What is Casares' relationship with Borges?
8. Why does Morel call the museum the Museum?
9. Why was the adventure story an object of scorn in 1880 Britain?
10. What does Morel say is different about the photograph he has taken of those present?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)