|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
(a) Japanese pirates.
(b) British pirates.
(c) Chinese pirates.
(d) Vietnamese pirates.
2. Where does the narrator say he is afraid to return?
(a) The mansion.
(b) The church.
(c) The museum.
(d) The supermarket.
3. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
(b) Epic poetry.
(c) Lyrical poetry.
4. Which of the following poets wrote lyrical poems?
5. The essayist say Casares's novels are rich in what?
(a) Reasoned imagination.
(b) Provoking images.
(c) Surreal imagination.
(d) Bizarre character sketches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Italian rug merchant?
2. Into what does the narrator say the paper he is writing is changing ?
3. In which room does the narrator say he made discoveries on two separate occasions?
4. What do Casares's friends call him?.
5. What is the name of the Mexican poet referenced in the introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Casares' mother influence his storytelling style?
2. How did Casares entertain his friends?
3. Why does the narrator decide against escaping the island?
4. Why does the narrator think either he or the others could be dead?
5. What is the narrator's final plea before he dies?
6. What does the narrator say happens when he sighs in the basement?
7. What does the narrator theorize about Morel?
8. What does Borges think is fantastic literature?
9. What problem does the narrator have with flowers?
10. What do the people in the meeting conclude after Morel storms out?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)