|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Casares's friends call him?.
2. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
3. The author awakens to the sound of what?
(a) Birds singing.
(b) A phonograph record.
(c) A gospel choir.
(d) The radio.
4. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
(a) Vietnamese pirates.
(b) Chinese pirates.
(c) Japanese pirates.
(d) British pirates.
5. What does the author say came ahead of time?
(a) The Velvet Underground.
(c) The Beatles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each god is three times larger than what?
2. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
3. What is the name of the novel Bioy writes after the Invention of Morel?
4. What is the name of the Japanese cruiser that finds the dead crew of a ship?
5. What did the narrator find dead in the circular room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Morel choose Villings island for his experiments?
2. What does the narrator theorize about Morel?
3. What does Morel say is different about the photograph he has taken of those present?
4. How did Casares' mother influence his storytelling style?
5. In what condition does Jane attend the meeting?
6. What is the narrator's final plea before he dies?
7. For what reasons does Borges say he likes adventure stories?
8. What do the people in the meeting conclude after Morel storms out?
9. Why does the narrator think the roots he has been eating have caused him to hallucinate?
10. What does the rug seller tell the narrator about the island?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)