|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
(a) His book.
(b) His notes.
(c) His bible.
(d) His machine.
2. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
(a) The ducks.
(b) The dancing girls.
(c) The television.
(d) The sunset.
3. What language are the two men speaking?
4. About whom does the narrator dream in this section?
(b) The rug seller.
(c) His sister.
5. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
(a) The fresh streams.
(b) The coconut trees.
(c) The buildings.
(d) The people.
6. Who does the narrator think has contracted the island's horrible disease?
7. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
(b) The bottom of the sea.
(d) Another planet.
8. What does the narrator find when he enters the museum?
(a) Everyone is gone.
(b) Police surrounding him.
(c) Morel pointing a gun at him.
(d) There is a surprise party.
9. How does the narrator recognize the poisonous plants?
(a) From the color of the berries.
(b) From the number of corpses that surround the bush.
(c) Through pain he has suffered form eating them.
(d) Froma book he finds in the museum.
10. What part of the island does the narrator say has polluted air?
(a) The marshland.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The lowlands.
(d) The hills.
11. Which two people are absent from the meeting?
(a) Yannis and Formby.
(b) Haynes and Gray.
(c) Davis and Loveletter.
(d) Lowe and Steptoe.
12. What does Morel say will happen after three days?
(a) He will hold a meeting.
(b) Everything will be over.
(c) Faustine will have forgotten him.
(d) The soldiers will come.
13. What does the narrator scream at Morel to humiliate him?
(a) You have a hole in your pants.
(b) The woman is bald.
(c) Your zipper is undone.
(d) The woman has a beard.
14. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
(a) Madeline's skin.
(b) The museum's walls.
(c) The narrator's skin.
(d) The air.
15. What does the narrator see waiting at the bay?
(a) A yacht.
(b) A white freighter.
(c) A canoe.
(d) A raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the narrator initially escape from the museum?
2. What is the woman's name?
3. Why does Morel excuse one individual from attending the meeting?
4. What concept does the narrator say he finds delightful?
5. Whose photograph does Morel say he can show them?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)