|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Morel say he doesn't want to discover his plans?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The men.
(c) The women.
(d) The narrator.
2. What does the large hall look like it has been set up to host?
(a) A lecture.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A big dinner.
(d) A badminton game.
3. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
(d) The rugseller's.
4. What kind of bloody animal does the narrator say he has added to his diet?
5. Who do the audience think Morel may have killed?
(b) The narrator.
6. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
(a) To bring back extinct animals.
(b) To show people their mistakes.
(c) To take people back to their youth.
(d) To resurrect dead people.
7. What does Morel say will happen after three days?
(a) Faustine will have forgotten him.
(b) Everything will be over.
(c) The soldiers will come.
(d) He will hold a meeting.
8. Why does Morel like the tides?
(a) They are fun for swimming.
(b) They stop people from leaving.
(c) They ward away visitors.
(d) They provide power for his machine.
9. What does the narrator think he needs to do to come back alive?
(a) Eliminate the others.
(b) Fall in love.
(c) Leave the island.
(d) Kill himself again.
10. What does the narrator find when he enters the museum?
(a) Morel pointing a gun at him.
(b) Everyone is gone.
(c) Police surrounding him.
(d) There is a surprise party.
11. On what part of the island is the narrator's boat?
(a) The western part.
(b) The southern part.
(c) The northern part.
(d) The eastern part.
12. Where does the narrator find fresh flowers?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the lowlands.
(c) In the cemetery.
(d) Next to the museum.
13. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
(a) Another planet.
(b) The bottom of the sea.
14. Who is ordering around the servants?
(d) The rug seller.
15. What does the narrator scream at Morel to humiliate him?
(a) The woman has a beard.
(b) You have a hole in your pants.
(c) The woman is bald.
(d) Your zipper is undone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Faustine's behavior?
2. Why does Morel name the museum 'the museum?'
3. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
4. How does the narrator recognize the poisonous plants?
5. Who does the narrator think has contracted the island's horrible disease?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)