|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's name?
2. What did Morel think the reef would ward off?
3. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
(a) Under the table.
(b) Through the window.
(c) The balcony.
(d) Through a hole in the adjoining room.
4. Why is the narrator certain that people have come back to the island?
(a) There is nothing to drink or eat.
(b) There is a terrible storm.
(c) Disease is everywhere.
(d) Taxes are high.
5. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
(a) The fresh streams.
(b) The buildings.
(c) The people.
(d) The coconut trees.
6. What does Morel tell those gathered that he has done without their permission?
(a) Phoned the police.
(b) Taken their photo.
(c) Imprisoned the narrator.
(d) Kidnapped their children.
7. Why does Morel excuse one individual from attending the meeting?
(a) He is feeling ill.
(b) He is cooking the dinner.
(c) He promises he will come later.
(d) He is too heavy to bring.
8. How does the narrator describe Faustine's behavior?
9. What does the man realize he loves in this section?
(a) A goddess.
(b) An iomage.
(c) An angel.
(d) A ghost.
10. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
(a) The invaders.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The bugs.
(d) The servants.
11. How is the aquarium different from the last time the narrator saw it?
(a) The fish are dead.
(b) It is full of human bones.
(c) The water is clean.
(d) The fish are alive.
12. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) They can't pick things up.
(b) They don't react to him.
(c) He can see through them.
(d) They walk through him.
13. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They vanish.
(b) They wilt.
(c) They change color.
(d) They fly away.
14. Whose photograph does Morel say he can show them?
15. What does Morel say will happen if the dials on the machine are synchronized?
(a) Madeline wil disappear.
(b) Madeline will appear as a complete image.
(c) The museum will disappear.
(d) He will transported to Quebec.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
2. Who is ordering around the servants?
3. When does the narrator say he likes to hunt?
4. What is the name of the woman Morel says he loves?
5. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)