|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
2. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
(a) There are two moons and two suns.
(b) There are five full moons constantly.
(c) There is darkness all day.
(d) There are no moons and constant sun.
3. How does the narrator describe Faustine's behavior?
4. What does Faustine tell Morel she thinks he is?
(c) A genius.
5. Whose photograph does Morel say he can show them?
6. Who does the narrator design his flower bed to look like?
(a) The devil.
(c) The woman.
(d) His mother.
7. When does the narrator say he likes to hunt?
(a) The mornings.
(b) The weekends.
(c) The afternoons.
(d) The evenings.
8. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They wilt.
(b) They vanish.
(c) They fly away.
(d) They change color.
9. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
(b) Another planet.
(d) The bottom of the sea.
10. Why does Morel excuse one individual from attending the meeting?
(a) He is feeling ill.
(b) He is cooking the dinner.
(c) He promises he will come later.
(d) He is too heavy to bring.
11. What announces the beginning of dinner?
(a) A scream.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A smashed glass.
(d) A gong.
12. What does the narrator think he needs to do to come back alive?
(a) Kill himself again.
(b) Leave the island.
(c) Eliminate the others.
(d) Fall in love.
13. Who does Morel say he doesn't want to discover his plans?
(a) The men.
(b) The women.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The Prime Minister.
14. What problem does the narrator have with the room where he sleeps that night?
(a) He can't close the door.
(b) He can't turn off the light.
(c) The pinks clash with the reds.
(d) He can't turn down the volume on the radio.
15. What does Morel say is the name of the company with which he worked on his machine?
(a) The Schwachter Company.
(b) The Snide Company.
(c) The Heckeroth Company.
(d) The Schwein Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morel say will happen if the dials on the machine are synchronized?
2. Why does Morel like the tides?
3. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
4. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
5. What does Morel say will happen after three days?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)