|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator recognize the poisonous plants?
(a) From the color of the berries.
(b) From the number of corpses that surround the bush.
(c) Through pain he has suffered form eating them.
(d) Froma book he finds in the museum.
2. What part of the island does the narrator say has polluted air?
(a) The hills.
(b) The lowlands.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The marshland.
3. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The invaders.
(c) The servants.
(d) The bugs.
4. How does Morel say the photograph is different from other photographs?
(a) It is in color.
(b) The image is moving.
(c) They will live in it for eternity.
(d) It is blank.
5. What is the man seeking at the beginning of this section?
6. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
(a) There are no moons and constant sun.
(b) There are two moons and two suns.
(c) There is darkness all day.
(d) There are five full moons constantly.
7. What does the narrator say he wants to do to the woman when she angers him?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Torture her.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Blind her.
8. What kind of bloody animal does the narrator say he has added to his diet?
9. Why does Morel excuse one individual from attending the meeting?
(a) He is too heavy to bring.
(b) He promises he will come later.
(c) He is feeling ill.
(d) He is cooking the dinner.
10. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
(a) Toads and flies.
(b) Alligators and dragonflies.
(c) Newts and crocs.
(d) Frogs and snakes.
11. Who is ordering around the servants?
(a) The rug seller.
12. What does the narrator think he needs to do to come back alive?
(a) Eliminate the others.
(b) Leave the island.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Kill himself again.
13. What announces the beginning of dinner?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A gong.
(c) A smashed glass.
(d) A scream.
14. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
(a) The fresh streams.
(b) The coconut trees.
(c) The buildings.
(d) The people.
15. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
(a) Through a hole in the adjoining room.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Under the table.
(d) The balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator find when he enters the museum?
2. Why does the narrator decide against killing himself?
3. What does Morel tell those gathered that he has done without their permission?
4. Which two people are absent from the meeting?
5. Why does Morel name the museum 'the museum?'
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)