|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
2. Why does Morel excuse one individual from attending the meeting?
(a) He promises he will come later.
(b) He is too heavy to bring.
(c) He is feeling ill.
(d) He is cooking the dinner.
3. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
4. Why does Morel choose Villings Island for his experiments?
(a) For the tides and light.
(b) Because he can trap people there.
(c) Because it is uninhabited.
(d) For the fresh air.
5. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They change color.
(b) They wilt.
(c) They fly away.
(d) They vanish.
6. Who does the narrator design the grass to look like?
(a) The devil.
(c) His brother.
7. What does Morel say will happen if the dials on the machine are synchronized?
(a) The museum will disappear.
(b) Madeline wil disappear.
(c) He will transported to Quebec.
(d) Madeline will appear as a complete image.
8. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
(a) Under the table.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Through a hole in the adjoining room.
(d) The balcony.
9. What is the woman's name?
10. What does the man think is causing him to hallucinate?
(a) The air.
(b) The mushrooms.
(c) The water.
(d) The roots.
11. What concept does the narrator say he finds delightful?
(a) The fact Faustine is in love with him.
(b) The fact he could have found his soulmate.
(c) The fact he could be a genius.
(d) The fact he may be dead.
12. Why does the narrator decide against killing himself?
(a) He has no pratical method to do it.
(b) He wants to kill Morel.
(c) He has to see Faustine again.
(d) Faustine is not there to mourn him.
13. Who does Morel say he doesn't want to discover his plans?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The women.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The men.
14. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
(a) So he can win Faustine.
(b) So he can become rich.
(c) So his pursuers will excuse him from his crimes.
(d) So he can become famous.
15. On what part of the island is the narrator's boat?
(a) The eastern part.
(b) The southern part.
(c) The northern part.
(d) The western part.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator find when he enters the museum?
2. What does the narrator scream at Morel to humiliate him?
3. Where does the narrator find fresh flowers?
4. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
5. What does the man realize he loves in this section?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)