|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
2. On what part of the island is the narrator's boat?
(a) The western part.
(b) The eastern part.
(c) The northern part.
(d) The southern part.
3. What is the woman's name?
4. Morel compares his invention to what?
(a) The telegram, the wireless and the television.
(b) The beer, the stamp and the computer.
(c) The telephone, the DVD player and the cinema.
(d) The radio, the phonograph and the television.
5. What does the large hall look like it has been set up to host?
(a) A picnic.
(b) A badminton game.
(c) A lecture.
(d) A big dinner.
6. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
(a) The generator.
(b) The motor.
(c) The lamps.
(d) The choir.
7. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
8. What part of the island does the narrator say has polluted air?
(a) The hills.
(b) The lowlands.
(c) The marshland.
(d) The mountains.
9. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
(a) To bring back extinct animals.
(b) To take people back to their youth.
(c) To resurrect dead people.
(d) To show people their mistakes.
10. What does the narrator say he wants to do to the woman when she angers him?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Blind her.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Torture her.
11. What problem does the narrator have with the room where he sleeps that night?
(a) He can't turn off the light.
(b) The pinks clash with the reds.
(c) He can't turn down the volume on the radio.
(d) He can't close the door.
12. What does Morel say will happen after three days?
(a) Everything will be over.
(b) Faustine will have forgotten him.
(c) He will hold a meeting.
(d) The soldiers will come.
13. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
(a) The air.
(b) The museum's walls.
(c) Madeline's skin.
(d) The narrator's skin.
14. Why does the narrator begin to think Morel and Faustine are putting on a comic act for his benefit?
(a) They are always hiding.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They bump into things.
(d) They are repeating words.
15. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) They don't react to him.
(b) They can't pick things up.
(c) He can see through them.
(d) They walk through him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Morel like the tides?
2. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
3. What does Faustine tell Morel she thinks he is?
4. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
5. Who does the narrator design his flower bed to look like?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)