|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) They walk through him.
(b) He can see through them.
(c) They can't pick things up.
(d) They don't react to him.
2. Why does the narrator begin to think Morel and Faustine are putting on a comic act for his benefit?
(a) They are repeating words.
(b) They are always hiding.
(c) They bump into things.
(d) They ignore him.
3. How does the narrator recognize the poisonous plants?
(a) From the number of corpses that surround the bush.
(b) Froma book he finds in the museum.
(c) Through pain he has suffered form eating them.
(d) From the color of the berries.
4. Why does Morel name the museum 'the museum?'
(a) Because he thinsk he will have to exhibit his images.
(b) Because it looks like the London National Museum.
(c) Because it has many old books.
(d) Because it is based on a museum building.
5. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
(b) Another planet.
(d) The bottom of the sea.
6. What kind of bloody animal does the narrator say he has added to his diet?
7. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
(a) His bible.
(b) His notes.
(c) His book.
(d) His machine.
8. Why does Morel excuse one individual from attending the meeting?
(a) He promises he will come later.
(b) He is feeling ill.
(c) He is cooking the dinner.
(d) He is too heavy to bring.
9. What language are the two men speaking?
10. Why can't the narrator initially escape from the museum?
(a) Someone has tied him to his bed.
(b) There are dogs guarding the doors.
(c) He can't open the latches on the doors.
(d) He has been drugged.
11. On what part of the island is the narrator's boat?
(a) The northern part.
(b) The southern part.
(c) The eastern part.
(d) The western part.
12. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
(d) The rugseller's.
13. Who do the audience think Morel may have killed?
(d) The narrator.
14. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
(a) The air.
(b) The narrator's skin.
(c) Madeline's skin.
(d) The museum's walls.
15. What does the narrator see waiting at the bay?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A raft.
(d) A white freighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morel say will happen after three days?
2. What concept does the narrator say he finds delightful?
3. What does the man think is causing him to hallucinate?
4. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
5. Why does Morel choose Villings Island for his experiments?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)