|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
(a) Toads and flies.
(b) Alligators and dragonflies.
(c) Frogs and snakes.
(d) Newts and crocs.
2. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
(a) Eating the narrator's berries.
(b) Swearing at the narrator.
(c) Kissing her.
(d) Trampling on the narrator's flowers.
3. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) He can see through them.
(b) They walk through him.
(c) They can't pick things up.
(d) They don't react to him.
4. How does the narrator describe Faustine's behavior?
5. What does Morel tell those gathered that he has done without their permission?
(a) Taken their photo.
(b) Phoned the police.
(c) Imprisoned the narrator.
(d) Kidnapped their children.
6. What does the narrator scream at Morel to humiliate him?
(a) The woman is bald.
(b) Your zipper is undone.
(c) You have a hole in your pants.
(d) The woman has a beard.
7. What does the narrator find when he enters the museum?
(a) Morel pointing a gun at him.
(b) Police surrounding him.
(c) There is a surprise party.
(d) Everyone is gone.
8. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
(b) The rugseller's.
9. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The invaders.
(c) The servants.
(d) The bugs.
10. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
(a) To resurrect dead people.
(b) To bring back extinct animals.
(c) To take people back to their youth.
(d) To show people their mistakes.
11. Which two people are absent from the meeting?
(a) Lowe and Steptoe.
(b) Haynes and Gray.
(c) Yannis and Formby.
(d) Davis and Loveletter.
12. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
(a) Another planet.
(b) The bottom of the sea.
13. Why does the narrator begin to think Morel and Faustine are putting on a comic act for his benefit?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They are always hiding.
(c) They bump into things.
(d) They are repeating words.
14. Why does Morel excuse one individual from attending the meeting?
(a) He promises he will come later.
(b) He is too heavy to bring.
(c) He is feeling ill.
(d) He is cooking the dinner.
15. Why does the narrator decide against killing himself?
(a) He has to see Faustine again.
(b) He wants to kill Morel.
(c) He has no pratical method to do it.
(d) Faustine is not there to mourn him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morel say will happen if the dials on the machine are synchronized?
2. What is the name of the woman Morel says he loves?
3. Why does Morel like the tides?
4. How is the aquarium different from the last time the narrator saw it?
5. What does the narrator say he wants to do to the woman when she angers him?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)