|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
(a) His notes.
(b) His bible.
(c) His book.
(d) His machine.
2. Why does the narrator begin to think Morel and Faustine are putting on a comic act for his benefit?
(a) They are always hiding.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They bump into things.
(d) They are repeating words.
3. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
(a) Toads and flies.
(b) Frogs and snakes.
(c) Alligators and dragonflies.
(d) Newts and crocs.
4. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
(a) The television.
(b) The ducks.
(c) The dancing girls.
(d) The sunset.
5. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
(b) Everyone to be there.
(c) Everyone to toast to his success.
(d) A sing song.
6. What problem does the narrator have with the room where he sleeps that night?
(a) He can't close the door.
(b) He can't turn off the light.
(c) The pinks clash with the reds.
(d) He can't turn down the volume on the radio.
7. What part of the island does the narrator say has polluted air?
(a) The hills.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The lowlands.
(d) The marshland.
8. Why does Morel like the tides?
(a) They ward away visitors.
(b) They stop people from leaving.
(c) They provide power for his machine.
(d) They are fun for swimming.
9. Why does Morel name the museum 'the museum?'
(a) Because it looks like the London National Museum.
(b) Because it has many old books.
(c) Because he thinsk he will have to exhibit his images.
(d) Because it is based on a museum building.
10. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
(c) The rugseller's.
11. How is the aquarium different from the last time the narrator saw it?
(a) The water is clean.
(b) The fish are alive.
(c) It is full of human bones.
(d) The fish are dead.
12. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They vanish.
(b) They change color.
(c) They fly away.
(d) They wilt.
13. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
(a) There are no moons and constant sun.
(b) There is darkness all day.
(c) There are two moons and two suns.
(d) There are five full moons constantly.
14. What does the man think is causing him to hallucinate?
(a) The water.
(b) The roots.
(c) The air.
(d) The mushrooms.
15. What does the narrator think he needs to do to come back alive?
(a) Kill himself again.
(b) Eliminate the others.
(c) Leave the island.
(d) Fall in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
2. What does the man realize he loves in this section?
3. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
4. How does the narrator eventually escape the museum?
5. What does the large hall look like it has been set up to host?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)