|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morel say is the name of the company with which he worked on his machine?
(a) The Snide Company.
(b) The Heckeroth Company.
(c) The Schwein Company.
(d) The Schwachter Company.
2. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They wilt.
(b) They fly away.
(c) They change color.
(d) They vanish.
3. What does the man think is causing him to hallucinate?
(a) The water.
(b) The mushrooms.
(c) The roots.
(d) The air.
4. Whose photograph does Morel say he can show them?
5. Which Canddian city is Madeline's home?
6. What part of the island does the narrator say has polluted air?
(a) The lowlands.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The hills.
(d) The marshland.
7. What does Morel tell those gathered that he has done without their permission?
(a) Imprisoned the narrator.
(b) Kidnapped their children.
(c) Taken their photo.
(d) Phoned the police.
8. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
(a) The bugs.
(b) The invaders.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The servants.
9. What kind of bloody animal does the narrator say he has added to his diet?
10. Why does Morel excuse one individual from attending the meeting?
(a) He is too heavy to bring.
(b) He is cooking the dinner.
(c) He is feeling ill.
(d) He promises he will come later.
11. What does Morel say will happen after three days?
(a) Everything will be over.
(b) He will hold a meeting.
(c) Faustine will have forgotten him.
(d) The soldiers will come.
12. What does the narrator think he needs to do to come back alive?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Leave the island.
(c) Eliminate the others.
(d) Kill himself again.
13. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
(a) There are no moons and constant sun.
(b) There are five full moons constantly.
(c) There are two moons and two suns.
(d) There is darkness all day.
14. Who does Morel say he doesn't want to discover his plans?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The men.
(c) The women.
(d) The Prime Minister.
15. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
(a) Swearing at the narrator.
(b) Trampling on the narrator's flowers.
(c) Eating the narrator's berries.
(d) Kissing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he wants to do to the woman when she angers him?
2. Why can't the narrator initially escape from the museum?
3. Why does Morel name the museum 'the museum?'
4. How does the narrator recognize the poisonous plants?
5. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)