|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
(a) Toads and flies.
(b) Frogs and snakes.
(c) Newts and crocs.
(d) Alligators and dragonflies.
2. Who does the narrator design the grass to look like?
(b) The devil.
(c) His brother.
3. Why does the narrator decide against killing himself?
(a) Faustine is not there to mourn him.
(b) He has no pratical method to do it.
(c) He wants to kill Morel.
(d) He has to see Faustine again.
4. What does the narrator scream at Morel to humiliate him?
(a) The woman has a beard.
(b) Your zipper is undone.
(c) You have a hole in your pants.
(d) The woman is bald.
5. What does the narrator think he needs to do to come back alive?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Eliminate the others.
(c) Leave the island.
(d) Kill himself again.
6. Why does Morel like the tides?
(a) They ward away visitors.
(b) They provide power for his machine.
(c) They stop people from leaving.
(d) They are fun for swimming.
7. About whom does the narrator dream in this section?
(b) The rug seller.
(d) His sister.
8. When does the narrator say he likes to hunt?
(a) The mornings.
(b) The weekends.
(c) The afternoons.
(d) The evenings.
9. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
(a) So his pursuers will excuse him from his crimes.
(b) So he can win Faustine.
(c) So he can become famous.
(d) So he can become rich.
10. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) They can't pick things up.
(b) They don't react to him.
(c) He can see through them.
(d) They walk through him.
11. Why is the narrator certain that people have come back to the island?
(a) There is a terrible storm.
(b) Taxes are high.
(c) Disease is everywhere.
(d) There is nothing to drink or eat.
12. What did Morel think the reef would ward off?
13. Which two people are absent from the meeting?
(a) Yannis and Formby.
(b) Lowe and Steptoe.
(c) Davis and Loveletter.
(d) Haynes and Gray.
14. With whom does the narrator think the invaders are working?
(a) The army.
(b) His parents.
(c) The police.
(d) The government.
15. Who does the narrator design his flower bed to look like?
(a) The devil.
(b) The woman.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bloody animal does the narrator say he has added to his diet?
2. What does the man realize he loves in this section?
3. What does Faustine tell Morel she thinks he is?
4. Why can't the narrator initially escape from the museum?
5. What concept does the narrator say he finds delightful?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)