|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator recognize the poisonous plants?
(a) From the number of corpses that surround the bush.
(b) Through pain he has suffered form eating them.
(c) Froma book he finds in the museum.
(d) From the color of the berries.
2. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
(a) So he can win Faustine.
(b) So his pursuers will excuse him from his crimes.
(c) So he can become rich.
(d) So he can become famous.
3. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
(a) The buildings.
(b) The fresh streams.
(c) The coconut trees.
(d) The people.
4. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) They don't react to him.
(b) They walk through him.
(c) He can see through them.
(d) They can't pick things up.
5. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
(b) Another planet.
(d) The bottom of the sea.
6. What does the narrator find when he enters the museum?
(a) Police surrounding him.
(b) There is a surprise party.
(c) Everyone is gone.
(d) Morel pointing a gun at him.
7. Who does the narrator design his flower bed to look like?
(a) The devil.
(b) His mother.
(c) The woman.
8. Whose photograph does Morel say he can show them?
9. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They change color.
(b) They fly away.
(c) They wilt.
(d) They vanish.
10. On what part of the island is the narrator's boat?
(a) The eastern part.
(b) The western part.
(c) The southern part.
(d) The northern part.
11. How does the narrator describe Faustine's behavior?
12. What did Morel think the reef would ward off?
13. What does the narrator say he wants to do to the woman when she angers him?
(a) Torture her.
(b) Run away with her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Blind her.
14. Who does the narrator design the grass to look like?
(b) His brother.
(c) The devil.
15. Why does Morel like the tides?
(a) They stop people from leaving.
(b) They ward away visitors.
(c) They provide power for his machine.
(d) They are fun for swimming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator bring to give to the woman on the beach?
2. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
3. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
4. What problem does the narrator have with the room where he sleeps that night?
5. Why does the narrator decide against killing himself?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)