|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morel say the photograph is different from other photographs?
(a) The image is moving.
(b) They will live in it for eternity.
(c) It is blank.
(d) It is in color.
2. Who does the narrator think has contracted the island's horrible disease?
3. What does the narrator bring to give to the woman on the beach?
4. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
(a) To bring back extinct animals.
(b) To show people their mistakes.
(c) To take people back to their youth.
(d) To resurrect dead people.
5. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
(b) The rug seller.
6. What problem does the narrator have with the room where he sleeps that night?
(a) He can't turn off the light.
(b) The pinks clash with the reds.
(c) He can't close the door.
(d) He can't turn down the volume on the radio.
7. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
(a) There are five full moons constantly.
(b) There are two moons and two suns.
(c) There are no moons and constant sun.
(d) There is darkness all day.
8. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The bugs.
(c) The invaders.
(d) The servants.
9. Which two people are absent from the meeting?
(a) Davis and Loveletter.
(b) Yannis and Formby.
(c) Haynes and Gray.
(d) Lowe and Steptoe.
10. Why does Morel name the museum 'the museum?'
(a) Because it is based on a museum building.
(b) Because it looks like the London National Museum.
(c) Because it has many old books.
(d) Because he thinsk he will have to exhibit his images.
11. Whose photograph does Morel say he can show them?
12. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
(a) The coconut trees.
(b) The people.
(c) The fresh streams.
(d) The buildings.
13. What announces the beginning of dinner?
(a) A smashed glass.
(b) A gong.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A scream.
14. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
(c) Another planet.
(d) The bottom of the sea.
15. What does Morel say will happen after three days?
(a) He will hold a meeting.
(b) Faustine will have forgotten him.
(c) Everything will be over.
(d) The soldiers will come.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
2. Who do the audience think Morel may have killed?
3. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
4. What is the name of the woman Morel says he loves?
5. What is the man seeking at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)