|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see waiting at the bay?
(a) A raft.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A white freighter.
(d) A canoe.
2. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
(a) The television.
(b) The dancing girls.
(c) The ducks.
(d) The sunset.
3. How does the narrator eventually escape the museum?
(a) He climbs through an open wiondow.
(b) He crawls through the catacombs.
(c) He finds a way though the cellar.
(d) He climbs down the tower.
4. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They fly away.
(b) They vanish.
(c) They wilt.
(d) They change color.
5. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
(a) Trampling on the narrator's flowers.
(b) Swearing at the narrator.
(c) Eating the narrator's berries.
(d) Kissing her.
6. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
(a) Everyone to be there.
(b) Everyone to toast to his success.
(c) A sing song.
7. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
(a) The coconut trees.
(b) The buildings.
(c) The people.
(d) The fresh streams.
8. How is the aquarium different from the last time the narrator saw it?
(a) The fish are dead.
(b) It is full of human bones.
(c) The water is clean.
(d) The fish are alive.
9. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
(a) The servants.
(b) The bugs.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The invaders.
10. Who does the narrator design his flower bed to look like?
(a) The devil.
(c) His mother.
(d) The woman.
11. What part of the island does the narrator say has polluted air?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The lowlands.
(c) The marshland.
(d) The hills.
12. What concept does the narrator say he finds delightful?
(a) The fact he could be a genius.
(b) The fact he could have found his soulmate.
(c) The fact he may be dead.
(d) The fact Faustine is in love with him.
13. With whom does the narrator think the invaders are working?
(a) The police.
(b) The government.
(c) His parents.
(d) The army.
14. How does the narrator recognize the poisonous plants?
(a) From the number of corpses that surround the bush.
(b) From the color of the berries.
(c) Through pain he has suffered form eating them.
(d) Froma book he finds in the museum.
15. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
(a) Madeline's skin.
(b) The air.
(c) The narrator's skin.
(d) The museum's walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Morel like the tides?
2. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
3. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
4. Why does the narrator begin to think Morel and Faustine are putting on a comic act for his benefit?
5. Why does Morel excuse one individual from attending the meeting?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)