|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
2. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
(a) The rug seller.
3. What does the man realize he loves in this section?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A ghost.
(c) An angel.
(d) An iomage.
4. What is the woman's name?
5. What problem does the narrator have with the room where he sleeps that night?
(a) He can't turn down the volume on the radio.
(b) He can't turn off the light.
(c) The pinks clash with the reds.
(d) He can't close the door.
6. Who does the narrator design his flower bed to look like?
(b) The woman.
(c) His mother.
(d) The devil.
7. What does the man think is causing him to hallucinate?
(a) The air.
(b) The water.
(c) The mushrooms.
(d) The roots.
8. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
(a) Through a hole in the adjoining room.
(b) Under the table.
(c) Through the window.
(d) The balcony.
9. Who is ordering around the servants?
(c) The rug seller.
10. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
(a) So he can win Faustine.
(b) So he can become rich.
(c) So his pursuers will excuse him from his crimes.
(d) So he can become famous.
11. What does Morel tell those gathered that he has done without their permission?
(a) Kidnapped their children.
(b) Imprisoned the narrator.
(c) Taken their photo.
(d) Phoned the police.
12. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
(a) The museum's walls.
(b) Madeline's skin.
(c) The narrator's skin.
(d) The air.
13. Who does Morel say he doesn't want to discover his plans?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The women.
(d) The men.
14. What does Morel say is the name of the company with which he worked on his machine?
(a) The Heckeroth Company.
(b) The Schwachter Company.
(c) The Snide Company.
(d) The Schwein Company.
15. About whom does the narrator dream in this section?
(c) His sister.
(d) The rug seller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man seeking at the beginning of this section?
2. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
3. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
4. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
5. What concept does the narrator say he finds delightful?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)