|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think he needs to do to come back alive?
(a) Eliminate the others.
(b) Leave the island.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Kill himself again.
2. What is the name of the woman Morel says he loves?
3. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
(a) The rug seller.
4. Why does the narrator begin to think Morel and Faustine are putting on a comic act for his benefit?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They are repeating words.
(c) They bump into things.
(d) They are always hiding.
5. When does the narrator say he likes to hunt?
(a) The weekends.
(b) The mornings.
(c) The afternoons.
(d) The evenings.
6. Morel compares his invention to what?
(a) The radio, the phonograph and the television.
(b) The telephone, the DVD player and the cinema.
(c) The telegram, the wireless and the television.
(d) The beer, the stamp and the computer.
7. What does Morel say will happen after three days?
(a) Everything will be over.
(b) The soldiers will come.
(c) He will hold a meeting.
(d) Faustine will have forgotten him.
8. About whom does the narrator dream in this section?
(b) The rug seller.
(d) His sister.
9. Why does Morel name the museum 'the museum?'
(a) Because it is based on a museum building.
(b) Because it has many old books.
(c) Because it looks like the London National Museum.
(d) Because he thinsk he will have to exhibit his images.
10. Which Canddian city is Madeline's home?
11. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
(a) The balcony.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Under the table.
(d) Through a hole in the adjoining room.
12. What kind of bloody animal does the narrator say he has added to his diet?
13. Why is the narrator certain that people have come back to the island?
(a) There is a terrible storm.
(b) There is nothing to drink or eat.
(c) Disease is everywhere.
(d) Taxes are high.
14. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
(a) His bible.
(b) His book.
(c) His machine.
(d) His notes.
15. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
(a) Madeline's skin.
(b) The museum's walls.
(c) The air.
(d) The narrator's skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
2. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
3. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
4. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
5. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)