|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the island does the narrator say has polluted air?
(a) The marshland.
(b) The lowlands.
(c) The hills.
(d) The mountains.
2. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
(a) To show people their mistakes.
(b) To take people back to their youth.
(c) To resurrect dead people.
(d) To bring back extinct animals.
3. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
(a) Through the window.
(b) Under the table.
(c) Through a hole in the adjoining room.
(d) The balcony.
4. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
(a) Alligators and dragonflies.
(b) Toads and flies.
(c) Frogs and snakes.
(d) Newts and crocs.
5. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
(c) The rugseller's.
6. Why can't the narrator initially escape from the museum?
(a) He can't open the latches on the doors.
(b) He has been drugged.
(c) There are dogs guarding the doors.
(d) Someone has tied him to his bed.
7. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
(a) The motor.
(b) The lamps.
(c) The choir.
(d) The generator.
8. How does Morel say the photograph is different from other photographs?
(a) It is blank.
(b) They will live in it for eternity.
(c) The image is moving.
(d) It is in color.
9. Why is the narrator certain that people have come back to the island?
(a) There is a terrible storm.
(b) There is nothing to drink or eat.
(c) Taxes are high.
(d) Disease is everywhere.
10. Why does the narrator begin to think Morel and Faustine are putting on a comic act for his benefit?
(a) They are repeating words.
(b) They bump into things.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They are always hiding.
11. Why does Morel name the museum 'the museum?'
(a) Because he thinsk he will have to exhibit his images.
(b) Because it is based on a museum building.
(c) Because it looks like the London National Museum.
(d) Because it has many old books.
12. What does the narrator bring to give to the woman on the beach?
13. How is the aquarium different from the last time the narrator saw it?
(a) The fish are dead.
(b) The fish are alive.
(c) It is full of human bones.
(d) The water is clean.
14. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
15. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
(a) Everyone to toast to his success.
(b) A sing song.
(c) Everyone to be there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think he needs to do to come back alive?
2. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
3. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
4. Why does Morel excuse one individual from attending the meeting?
5. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)