|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does the narrator have with the room where he sleeps that night?
(a) He can't turn off the light.
(b) He can't close the door.
(c) He can't turn down the volume on the radio.
(d) The pinks clash with the reds.
2. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
3. What does Morel say is the name of the company with which he worked on his machine?
(a) The Heckeroth Company.
(b) The Snide Company.
(c) The Schwein Company.
(d) The Schwachter Company.
4. What is the name of the woman Morel says he loves?
5. Why can't the narrator initially escape from the museum?
(a) He has been drugged.
(b) Someone has tied him to his bed.
(c) There are dogs guarding the doors.
(d) He can't open the latches on the doors.
6. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
(a) The rug seller.
7. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
(c) The rugseller's.
8. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
(a) There are no moons and constant sun.
(b) There are two moons and two suns.
(c) There is darkness all day.
(d) There are five full moons constantly.
9. What does the narrator think he needs to do to come back alive?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Eliminate the others.
(c) Leave the island.
(d) Kill himself again.
10. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
(a) So he can win Faustine.
(b) So he can become famous.
(c) So his pursuers will excuse him from his crimes.
(d) So he can become rich.
11. What did Morel think the reef would ward off?
12. Why does the narrator decide against killing himself?
(a) He wants to kill Morel.
(b) Faustine is not there to mourn him.
(c) He has no pratical method to do it.
(d) He has to see Faustine again.
13. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) They can't pick things up.
(b) They walk through him.
(c) He can see through them.
(d) They don't react to him.
14. What does Faustine tell Morel she thinks he is?
(a) A genius.
15. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
(a) Through a hole in the adjoining room.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Under the table.
(d) The balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator eventually escape the museum?
2. What is the man seeking at the beginning of this section?
3. Who does the narrator design the grass to look like?
4. When does the narrator say he likes to hunt?
5. What does the narrator see waiting at the bay?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)