|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the narrator think the invaders are working?
(a) The police.
(b) His parents.
(c) The army.
(d) The government.
2. What is the woman's name?
3. Who does the narrator think has contracted the island's horrible disease?
4. What does Faustine tell Morel she thinks he is?
(d) A genius.
5. What does the narrator see waiting at the bay?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A white freighter.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A raft.
6. How does Morel say the photograph is different from other photographs?
(a) They will live in it for eternity.
(b) The image is moving.
(c) It is in color.
(d) It is blank.
7. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They wilt.
(b) They vanish.
(c) They fly away.
(d) They change color.
8. On what part of the island is the narrator's boat?
(a) The northern part.
(b) The southern part.
(c) The western part.
(d) The eastern part.
9. What did Morel think the reef would ward off?
10. Why is the narrator certain that people have come back to the island?
(a) There is a terrible storm.
(b) Disease is everywhere.
(c) There is nothing to drink or eat.
(d) Taxes are high.
11. What concept does the narrator say he finds delightful?
(a) The fact he could have found his soulmate.
(b) The fact he may be dead.
(c) The fact Faustine is in love with him.
(d) The fact he could be a genius.
12. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
(a) The air.
(b) Madeline's skin.
(c) The museum's walls.
(d) The narrator's skin.
13. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
14. How does the narrator recognize the poisonous plants?
(a) Through pain he has suffered form eating them.
(b) Froma book he finds in the museum.
(c) From the color of the berries.
(d) From the number of corpses that surround the bush.
15. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
(c) The rug seller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is ordering around the servants?
2. What does the narrator find when he enters the museum?
3. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
4. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
5. What does Morel say will happen if the dials on the machine are synchronized?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)