|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Morel say he doesn't want to discover his plans?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The men.
(c) The women.
(d) The Prime Minister.
2. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
(a) The television.
(b) The ducks.
(c) The dancing girls.
(d) The sunset.
3. What does Morel say will happen after three days?
(a) He will hold a meeting.
(b) Everything will be over.
(c) The soldiers will come.
(d) Faustine will have forgotten him.
4. How is the aquarium different from the last time the narrator saw it?
(a) The water is clean.
(b) The fish are alive.
(c) It is full of human bones.
(d) The fish are dead.
5. What does Morel say will happen if the dials on the machine are synchronized?
(a) The museum will disappear.
(b) He will transported to Quebec.
(c) Madeline wil disappear.
(d) Madeline will appear as a complete image.
6. Who is ordering around the servants?
(a) The rug seller.
7. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
(a) Toads and flies.
(b) Alligators and dragonflies.
(c) Frogs and snakes.
(d) Newts and crocs.
8. Which Canddian city is Madeline's home?
9. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
(b) The rug seller.
10. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
(a) Eating the narrator's berries.
(b) Kissing her.
(c) Trampling on the narrator's flowers.
(d) Swearing at the narrator.
11. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
(a) The lamps.
(b) The choir.
(c) The generator.
(d) The motor.
12. Who do the audience think Morel may have killed?
(b) The narrator.
13. Why does Morel name the museum 'the museum?'
(a) Because he thinsk he will have to exhibit his images.
(b) Because it has many old books.
(c) Because it looks like the London National Museum.
(d) Because it is based on a museum building.
14. Who does the narrator think has contracted the island's horrible disease?
15. What does Morel say is the name of the company with which he worked on his machine?
(a) The Schwachter Company.
(b) The Heckeroth Company.
(c) The Schwein Company.
(d) The Snide Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
2. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
3. With whom does the narrator think the invaders are working?
4. What announces the beginning of dinner?
5. What did Morel think the reef would ward off?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)