|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the island does the narrator say has polluted air?
(a) The lowlands.
(b) The marshland.
(c) The hills.
(d) The mountains.
2. What does Morel tell those gathered that he has done without their permission?
(a) Phoned the police.
(b) Taken their photo.
(c) Imprisoned the narrator.
(d) Kidnapped their children.
3. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) He can see through them.
(b) They walk through him.
(c) They don't react to him.
(d) They can't pick things up.
4. On what part of the island is the narrator's boat?
(a) The eastern part.
(b) The western part.
(c) The northern part.
(d) The southern part.
5. What does the man think is causing him to hallucinate?
(a) The water.
(b) The mushrooms.
(c) The roots.
(d) The air.
6. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
(a) The balcony.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Under the table.
(d) Through a hole in the adjoining room.
7. What problem does the narrator have with the room where he sleeps that night?
(a) He can't turn off the light.
(b) He can't close the door.
(c) The pinks clash with the reds.
(d) He can't turn down the volume on the radio.
8. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
(a) Swearing at the narrator.
(b) Kissing her.
(c) Eating the narrator's berries.
(d) Trampling on the narrator's flowers.
9. Who does the narrator design the grass to look like?
(b) The devil.
(c) His brother.
10. What did Morel think the reef would ward off?
11. How is the aquarium different from the last time the narrator saw it?
(a) The water is clean.
(b) It is full of human bones.
(c) The fish are dead.
(d) The fish are alive.
12. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
(a) To bring back extinct animals.
(b) To show people their mistakes.
(c) To take people back to their youth.
(d) To resurrect dead people.
13. What kind of bloody animal does the narrator say he has added to his diet?
14. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They vanish.
(b) They fly away.
(c) They change color.
(d) They wilt.
15. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
(a) There are five full moons constantly.
(b) There are no moons and constant sun.
(c) There are two moons and two suns.
(d) There is darkness all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Morel say he doesn't want to discover his plans?
2. About whom does the narrator dream in this section?
3. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
4. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
5. What does the large hall look like it has been set up to host?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)