|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
2. What is the name of the woman Morel says he loves?
3. Who does the narrator think has contracted the island's horrible disease?
4. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
(a) Another planet.
(d) The bottom of the sea.
5. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
(a) The choir.
(b) The motor.
(c) The lamps.
(d) The generator.
6. What is the woman's name?
7. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
(a) So he can win Faustine.
(b) So he can become rich.
(c) So his pursuers will excuse him from his crimes.
(d) So he can become famous.
8. Morel compares his invention to what?
(a) The telephone, the DVD player and the cinema.
(b) The beer, the stamp and the computer.
(c) The radio, the phonograph and the television.
(d) The telegram, the wireless and the television.
9. What does the man realize he loves in this section?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A ghost.
(c) An iomage.
(d) An angel.
10. What did Morel think the reef would ward off?
11. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) He can see through them.
(b) They walk through him.
(c) They can't pick things up.
(d) They don't react to him.
12. What part of the island does the narrator say has polluted air?
(a) The lowlands.
(b) The hills.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The marshland.
13. What kind of bloody animal does the narrator say he has added to his diet?
14. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
(b) The rug seller.
15. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
(b) Everyone to toast to his success.
(c) Everyone to be there.
(d) A sing song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose photograph does Morel say he can show them?
2. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
3. About whom does the narrator dream in this section?
4. With whom does the narrator think the invaders are working?
5. What announces the beginning of dinner?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)