|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morel say is the name of the company with which he worked on his machine?
(a) The Schwein Company.
(b) The Heckeroth Company.
(c) The Schwachter Company.
(d) The Snide Company.
2. Whose photograph does Morel say he can show them?
3. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
(a) Kissing her.
(b) Swearing at the narrator.
(c) Trampling on the narrator's flowers.
(d) Eating the narrator's berries.
4. What concept does the narrator say he finds delightful?
(a) The fact Faustine is in love with him.
(b) The fact he could have found his soulmate.
(c) The fact he may be dead.
(d) The fact he could be a genius.
5. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
(b) A sing song.
(c) Everyone to toast to his success.
(d) Everyone to be there.
6. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
(a) Toads and flies.
(b) Alligators and dragonflies.
(c) Newts and crocs.
(d) Frogs and snakes.
7. Morel compares his invention to what?
(a) The radio, the phonograph and the television.
(b) The beer, the stamp and the computer.
(c) The telephone, the DVD player and the cinema.
(d) The telegram, the wireless and the television.
8. What announces the beginning of dinner?
(a) A scream.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A smashed glass.
(d) A gong.
9. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They change color.
(b) They wilt.
(c) They vanish.
(d) They fly away.
10. With whom does the narrator think the invaders are working?
(a) The army.
(b) His parents.
(c) The police.
(d) The government.
11. What kind of bloody animal does the narrator say he has added to his diet?
12. What does the man realize he loves in this section?
(a) A ghost.
(b) An iomage.
(c) An angel.
(d) A goddess.
13. What does the narrator find when he enters the museum?
(a) Everyone is gone.
(b) Police surrounding him.
(c) Morel pointing a gun at him.
(d) There is a surprise party.
14. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
(a) The museum's walls.
(b) Madeline's skin.
(c) The air.
(d) The narrator's skin.
15. Who does the narrator think has contracted the island's horrible disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the narrator say he likes to hunt?
2. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
3. What does the narrator see waiting at the bay?
4. What language are the two men speaking?
5. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)