|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
(a) Madeline's skin.
(b) The museum's walls.
(c) The narrator's skin.
(d) The air.
2. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
(a) To take people back to their youth.
(b) To resurrect dead people.
(c) To show people their mistakes.
(d) To bring back extinct animals.
3. Where does the narrator find fresh flowers?
(a) Next to the museum.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In the lowlands.
(d) In the cemetery.
4. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) They walk through him.
(b) They can't pick things up.
(c) They don't react to him.
(d) He can see through them.
5. What does the narrator think he needs to do to come back alive?
(a) Kill himself again.
(b) Leave the island.
(c) Eliminate the others.
(d) Fall in love.
6. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
7. What does the narrator bring to give to the woman on the beach?
8. Who is ordering around the servants?
(c) The rug seller.
9. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
(a) Through a hole in the adjoining room.
(b) Under the table.
(c) The balcony.
(d) Through the window.
10. What does the narrator say he wants to do to the woman when she angers him?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Torture her.
(c) Blind her.
(d) Run away with her.
11. What is the woman's name?
12. What does Morel say will happen after three days?
(a) He will hold a meeting.
(b) The soldiers will come.
(c) Everything will be over.
(d) Faustine will have forgotten him.
13. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
(a) The sunset.
(b) The ducks.
(c) The television.
(d) The dancing girls.
14. What does Morel say will happen if the dials on the machine are synchronized?
(a) The museum will disappear.
(b) Madeline will appear as a complete image.
(c) Madeline wil disappear.
(d) He will transported to Quebec.
15. Who does the narrator design his flower bed to look like?
(a) The woman.
(c) His mother.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two people are absent from the meeting?
2. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
3. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
4. Why is the narrator certain that people have come back to the island?
5. Why does the narrator decide against killing himself?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)