|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustine tell Morel she thinks he is?
(d) A genius.
2. What does Morel say is the name of the company with which he worked on his machine?
(a) The Snide Company.
(b) The Heckeroth Company.
(c) The Schwachter Company.
(d) The Schwein Company.
3. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
(a) Frogs and snakes.
(b) Alligators and dragonflies.
(c) Toads and flies.
(d) Newts and crocs.
4. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
(a) There is darkness all day.
(b) There are five full moons constantly.
(c) There are no moons and constant sun.
(d) There are two moons and two suns.
5. Who is ordering around the servants?
(c) The rug seller.
6. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
(a) His book.
(b) His notes.
(c) His machine.
(d) His bible.
7. What is the woman's name?
8. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
9. How does the narrator think Morel's machine could be used to help people in a positive way?
(a) To resurrect dead people.
(b) To show people their mistakes.
(c) To bring back extinct animals.
(d) To take people back to their youth.
10. What does the man realize he loves in this section?
(a) An iomage.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A goddess.
(d) An angel.
11. Who do the audience think Morel may have killed?
(c) The narrator.
12. What does the narrator bring to give to the woman on the beach?
13. What does Morel say he wants to happen before he begins?
(a) Everyone to be there.
(b) A sing song.
(d) Everyone to toast to his success.
14. What does Morel say will happen if the dials on the machine are synchronized?
(a) Madeline will appear as a complete image.
(b) Madeline wil disappear.
(c) The museum will disappear.
(d) He will transported to Quebec.
15. What does the narrator see waiting at the bay?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A raft.
(c) A white freighter.
(d) A yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Faustine's behavior?
2. What announces the beginning of dinner?
3. What will a dial on the machine allow those present to feel?
4. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
5. About whom does the narrator dream in this section?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)