|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morel say is the name of the company with which he worked on his machine?
(a) The Schwachter Company.
(b) The Heckeroth Company.
(c) The Snide Company.
(d) The Schwein Company.
2. What problem does the narrator have with the room where he sleeps that night?
(a) He can't turn off the light.
(b) The pinks clash with the reds.
(c) He can't turn down the volume on the radio.
(d) He can't close the door.
3. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
(a) The coconut trees.
(b) The people.
(c) The fresh streams.
(d) The buildings.
4. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
(b) The rugseller's.
5. About whom does the narrator dream in this section?
(b) His sister.
(c) The rug seller.
6. What does Faustine tell Morel she thinks he is?
(d) A genius.
7. What does the narrator bring to give to the woman on the beach?
8. What does the man think is causing him to hallucinate?
(a) The water.
(b) The air.
(c) The roots.
(d) The mushrooms.
9. Which two people are absent from the meeting?
(a) Haynes and Gray.
(b) Lowe and Steptoe.
(c) Davis and Loveletter.
(d) Yannis and Formby.
10. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
(a) So he can become rich.
(b) So his pursuers will excuse him from his crimes.
(c) So he can win Faustine.
(d) So he can become famous.
11. What is the name of the woman Morel says he loves?
12. The narrator thinks the people could be from where?
(b) The bottom of the sea.
(d) Another planet.
13. What is the woman's name?
14. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
(a) The dancing girls.
(b) The sunset.
(c) The ducks.
(d) The television.
15. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
(a) His book.
(b) His bible.
(c) His machine.
(d) His notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do the man and woman speak to each other?
2. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
3. When does the narrator say he likes to hunt?
4. Morel compares his invention to what?
5. What did Morel think the reef would ward off?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)