|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
(a) So he can become famous.
(b) So his pursuers will excuse him from his crimes.
(c) So he can become rich.
(d) So he can win Faustine.
2. What does the narrator bring to give to the woman on the beach?
3. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
(a) Through a hole in the adjoining room.
(b) Under the table.
(c) The balcony.
(d) Through the window.
4. Whose footsteps drive the narrator away?
(a) The rugseller's.
5. What part of the island does the narrator say has polluted air?
(a) The lowlands.
(b) The hills.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The marshland.
6. How does the narrator describe Faustine's behavior?
7. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
8. What does the narrator find when he enters the museum?
(a) Morel pointing a gun at him.
(b) Police surrounding him.
(c) Everyone is gone.
(d) There is a surprise party.
9. Who does the narrator design the grass to look like?
(b) The devil.
(c) His brother.
10. Which Canddian city is Madeline's home?
11. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They wilt.
(b) They change color.
(c) They fly away.
(d) They vanish.
12. Which two people are absent from the meeting?
(a) Davis and Loveletter.
(b) Haynes and Gray.
(c) Lowe and Steptoe.
(d) Yannis and Formby.
13. What language are the two men speaking?
14. What does Morel say will happen if the dials on the machine are synchronized?
(a) Madeline will appear as a complete image.
(b) Madeline wil disappear.
(c) The museum will disappear.
(d) He will transported to Quebec.
15. What does Faustine fail to stop Morel from doing?
(a) Eating the narrator's berries.
(b) Swearing at the narrator.
(c) Kissing her.
(d) Trampling on the narrator's flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman watch every afternoon?
2. Why does Morel like the tides?
3. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
4. Why is the narrator certain that people have come back to the island?
5. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)