|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman's bosom make her look like?
(a) A gypsy girl.
(b) A fortune teller.
(c) A peasant girl.
(d) A witch.
2. What writer does Borges claim has superior plots?
(a) G.K. Chesterton.
(b) Patrica Highsmith.
(c) Fydor Dostoevsky.
(d) Graham Greene.
3. What is the name of the story the author says anticipates the Invention of Morel?
(a) Love Me Not.
(b) The Postcard Lovers.
(c) The Girl in the Photograph.
(d) The Man Who Said Ho.
4. What is the name of the Japanese cruiser that finds the dead crew of a ship?
5. Which of the following is a summer resort?
(b) The Dales.
6. What does the narrator claims stops one from running away in dreams?
(a) A heavy weight.
(c) A brick wall.
(d) The screams of loved ones.
7. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
8. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
9. Each god is three times larger than what?
(a) A man.
(b) A steeple.
(c) A pillar.
(d) A basketball player.
10. What does the narrator say it would have been practical to build out of stones?
(a) A house.
(b) A toilet.
(c) An outdoor oven.
(d) A barricade.
11. What country does Bioy see as his second home?
12. What does the beautiful woman wear over her dark curls?
(a) A map.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A bright scarf.
(d) A plastic bag.
13. What two buildings are on top of the hill?
(a) A cinema and a cafe.
(b) A museum and a chapel.
(c) A town hall and a belltower.
(d) A factory and a mill.
14. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
(a) Coffee products.
(b) Leather products.
(c) Dairy products.
(d) Clothing products.
15. What does the author say came ahead of time?
(c) The Velvet Underground.
(d) The Beatles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What building is on the lowlands of the island?
2. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
3. Where does the narrator say he is afraid to return?
4. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
5. In which room does the narrator say he made discoveries on two separate occasions?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)