|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator think some people like to wear old clothes?
(a) As a statement against the present.
(b) They are easier to obtain.
(c) To capture the magic of the past.
(d) They are cheaper.
2. Which of the following titles does the narrator say he wants to use for one of his novels?
(a) Apology for Survivors.
(c) Dedication is What We Need.
(d) Keeping Open to Life.
3. Each god is three times larger than what?
(a) A man.
(b) A pillar.
(c) A steeple.
(d) A basketball player.
4. What room does the narrator remember with disgust?
(a) The square room.
(b) The box room.
(c) The circular room.
(d) The triangle room.
5. Into what language is the invention of Morel translated in 1953?
6. Casares is from what country?
7. Which of the following does a group of white men build on the island?
(a) A post office.
(b) A factory.
(c) A school.
(d) A museum.
8. What two buildings are on top of the hill?
(a) A factory and a mill.
(b) A cinema and a cafe.
(c) A town hall and a belltower.
(d) A museum and a chapel.
9. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
10. What country does Bioy see as his second home?
11. What kind of poetry does Borges favor?
(a) Lyrical poetry.
(b) Epic poetry.
12. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
(a) Leather products.
(b) Coffee products.
(c) Dairy products.
(d) Clothing products.
13. What writer does Borges claim has superior plots?
(a) G.K. Chesterton.
(b) Graham Greene.
(c) Patrica Highsmith.
(d) Fydor Dostoevsky.
14. What does the narrator say is elegantly carpeted?
(a) The master bedroom.
(b) The library.
(c) The principal staircase.
(d) The hallway.
15. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the author use to describe the building on the hill?
2. What torments the author in the southern part of the island?
3. Which of the following poets wrote lyrical poems?
4. What building is on the lowlands of the island?
5. What is the name of the Mexican poet referenced in the introduction?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)