|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
(a) The wood is too hard.
(b) They are guarded.
(c) They are diseased.
(d) They are too young.
2. Why does the narrator think the people he sees are a group of eccentrics?
(a) They are wearing warm clothes.
(b) They are running around naked.
(c) They are dancing around a fire.
(d) They are wearing clothes from another era.
3. What is the name of the story the author says anticipates the Invention of Morel?
(a) The Postcard Lovers.
(b) The Man Who Said Ho.
(c) The Girl in the Photograph.
(d) Love Me Not.
4. The author awakens to the sound of what?
(a) Birds singing.
(b) The radio.
(c) A gospel choir.
(d) A phonograph record.
5. What is the novel Casares wrote in 1934?
(a) The New Storm.
(d) Beat It.
6. What large collection does the museum have in one room?
7. Who translated the 1964 American edition of the Invention of Morel?
(a) Ruth L.C. Sims.
(b) Davis P. D. Quip.
(c) Jack Johnson.
(d) Doreen Hopper.
8. What torments the author in the southern part of the island?
9. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
10. What is the title of the essay Jose Ortega y Gasset wrote in 1925?
(a) The Rhythm of the Artist.
(b) The Interest in Fantastic Fiction.
(c) The Dehumanization of Art.
(d) The Human Factor.
11. What building is on the lowlands of the island?
(a) A prison.
(b) A factory.
(c) A mill.
(d) A cafe.
12. Which of the following poets wrote lyrical poems?
13. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
(b) Buenos Aires.
(c) Sao Paulo.
14. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
(b) Epic poetry.
(c) Lyrical poetry.
15. The essayist say Casares's novels are rich in what?
(a) Bizarre character sketches.
(b) Surreal imagination.
(c) Provoking images.
(d) Reasoned imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
2. What is the name of Eliseo Subiela's metaphysical film?
3. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
4. What can the narrator see from the marshlands?
5. What does the Italian in Calcutta sell?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)