|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people on the mountainside are unmindful of what kind of creature?
2. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
(a) Lyrical poetry.
(b) Epic poetry.
3. Into what language is the invention of Morel translated in 1953?
4. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
5. What are the group's favorite two records?
(a) Frogs and Viva.
(b) A Road to Nowhere and Carnage.
(c) One More Cup of Coffee and Sevilla.
(d) Tea for Two and Valencia.
6. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Bioy's personality?
7. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
8. Which of the following titles does the narrator say he wants to use for one of his novels?
(a) Apology for Survivors.
(b) Keeping Open to Life.
(c) Dedication is What We Need.
9. Which of the following words does the author use to describe the building on the hill?
10. What is the name of the novel Bioy writes after the Invention of Morel?
(a) A Little Matter.
(b) Funny Bones.
(c) A Plan for Escape.
(d) It Happens When We Are Alone.
11. What are the Spanish poets and intellectuals fleeing in the 30s?
(a) Franco's government.
(b) The Communist Government.
(c) The Spanish Civil War.
(d) The First World War.
12. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
13. The essayist say Casares's novels are rich in what?
(a) Reasoned imagination.
(b) Bizarre character sketches.
(c) Provoking images.
(d) Surreal imagination.
14. Which of the following poets wrote lyrical poems?
15. What is the name of the Mexican poet referenced in the introduction?
(a) Gabriella Brimmer.
(b) Octavio Paz.
(c) Pita Amor.
(d) Manuel Carpio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of poetry does Borges favor?
2. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
3. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
4. What does the beautiful woman wear over her dark curls?
5. What country does Bioy see as his second home?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)