|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the group's favorite two records?
(a) One More Cup of Coffee and Sevilla.
(b) Tea for Two and Valencia.
(c) A Road to Nowhere and Carnage.
(d) Frogs and Viva.
2. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
3. What is the name of the island?
4. Which Edgar Allan Poe story does the writer reference in the introduction?
(a) The Raven.
(b) Black Cat.
(c) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(d) The House of Usher.
5. What does the beautiful woman wear over her dark curls?
(a) A plastic bag.
(b) A bright scarf.
(c) A map.
(d) A cowboy hat.
6. The people on the mountainside are unmindful of what kind of creature?
7. What is the name of the story where Bioy claims he finally has found his style?
(a) The Idol.
(b) Thinking Alone.
(c) The Celestial Plot.
(d) Asleep in the Sun.
8. What does the woman's bosom make her look like?
(a) A peasant girl.
(b) A fortune teller.
(c) A gypsy girl.
(d) A witch.
9. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
10. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
(a) Japanese pirates.
(b) Vietnamese pirates.
(c) British pirates.
(d) Chinese pirates.
11. Which of the following creatures can one find in the swimming pool?
12. The town of Bearn is in what country?
13. Which French novelist does Borges reference in the prologue?
(a) Albert Camus.
(b) Jean Paul Sartre.
(c) Andre Gide.
(d) Marcel Proust.
14. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
15. What is the name of the magazine where Bioy started his career?
(c) Latin Maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator claims stops one from running away in dreams?
2. What does the author say came ahead of time?
3. What is the novel Casares wrote in 1934?
4. Why does the narrator think some people like to wear old clothes?
5. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)