|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Casares is from what country?
2. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
3. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
4. What kind of novel does Borges say is formless?
(a) A magical realist novel.
(b) A crime novel.
(c) A psychological novel.
(d) A social novel.
5. What is the name of the magazine where Bioy started his career?
(c) Latin Maker.
6. What does the narrator claims stops one from running away in dreams?
(a) A heavy weight.
(b) The screams of loved ones.
(d) A brick wall.
7. What is the name of the story where Bioy claims he finally has found his style?
(a) Asleep in the Sun.
(b) The Idol.
(c) Thinking Alone.
(d) The Celestial Plot.
8. The narrator says the men violate the sanctity of what?
(a) Churches and cemeteries.
(b) Corn fields and orchards.
(c) Forests and deserts.
(d) Family and Religion.
9. Each god is three times larger than what?
(a) A man.
(b) A basketball player.
(c) A steeple.
(d) A pillar.
10. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
11. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
12. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
(a) The wood is too hard.
(b) They are diseased.
(c) They are guarded.
(d) They are too young.
13. The town of Bearn is in what country?
14. What is the name of the Italian rug merchant?
(a) Paulo Maldini.
(b) Roberto Baggio.
(c) Umberto Eco.
(d) Dalmacio Ombrellieri.
15. What does the narrator say are on the western side of the ravine?
(b) Large boulders.
(d) Dead fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the novel Casares wrote in 1934?
2. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
3. Why does the narrator decide he must build a shelter?
4. Who directs Last Year at Marienbad?
5. What does Borges say Joyce's Ulysses is rather than a masterpiece?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)