|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator find dead in the circular room?
2. What does the narrator say is elegantly carpeted?
(a) The principal staircase.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The library.
(d) The master bedroom.
3. What is the novel Casares wrote in 1934?
(a) Beat It.
(b) The New Storm.
4. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
(a) They are too young.
(b) They are diseased.
(c) The wood is too hard.
(d) They are guarded.
5. What building is on the lowlands of the island?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A prison.
(c) A factory.
(d) A mill.
6. What two buildings are on top of the hill?
(a) A town hall and a belltower.
(b) A factory and a mill.
(c) A cinema and a cafe.
(d) A museum and a chapel.
7. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
(a) The silver birch.
(b) The coconut tree.
(c) The oak tree.
(d) The palm tree.
8. What does the narrator move out by the swimming pool?
(a) His bed.
(b) His oven.
(c) His couch.
(d) His bookshelf.
9. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
10. Into what language is the invention of Morel translated in 1953?
11. What does Borges say Joyce's Ulysses is rather than a masterpiece?
(a) A beginning.
(b) A promise.
(c) A failure.
(d) An end.
12. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
13. Which of the following is a summer resort?
(d) The Dales.
14. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
(a) Vietnamese pirates.
(b) British pirates.
(c) Japanese pirates.
(d) Chinese pirates.
15. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
(a) Clothing products.
(b) Dairy products.
(c) Coffee products.
(d) Leather products.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator say he knows very little about what?
2. Which one of Bioy's stories does the writer mention in the introduction?
3. What country does Bioy see as his second home?
4. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
5. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)