|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following creatures can one find in the swimming pool?
2. What room measures forty feet by fifty feet?
(a) The lounge.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The library.
3. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
4. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
5. The town of Bearn is in what country?
6. What does the narrator move out by the swimming pool?
(a) His couch.
(b) His bookshelf.
(c) His oven.
(d) His bed.
7. What is the name of the story where Bioy claims he finally has found his style?
(a) Thinking Alone.
(b) The Idol.
(c) The Celestial Plot.
(d) Asleep in the Sun.
8. The narrator says the men violate the sanctity of what?
(a) Churches and cemeteries.
(b) Corn fields and orchards.
(c) Forests and deserts.
(d) Family and Religion.
9. What does the author say came ahead of time?
(b) The Beatles.
(c) The Velvet Underground.
10. What country does Bioy see as his second home?
11. What does the Italian in Calcutta sell?
12. What is the name of the novel Bioy writes after the Invention of Morel?
(a) A Plan for Escape.
(b) A Little Matter.
(c) It Happens When We Are Alone.
(d) Funny Bones.
13. What does the narrator say it would have been practical to build out of stones?
(a) A toilet.
(b) A house.
(c) A barricade.
(d) An outdoor oven.
14. What are the group's favorite two records?
(a) Tea for Two and Valencia.
(b) One More Cup of Coffee and Sevilla.
(c) Frogs and Viva.
(d) A Road to Nowhere and Carnage.
15. What did the narrator find dead in the circular room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the author use to describe the building on the hill?
2. Which of the following is a summer resort?
3. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
4. What is the name of the magazine where Bioy started his career?
5. Each god is three times larger than what?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)