|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator say he knows very little about what?
2. The people on the mountainside are unmindful of what kind of creature?
3. What is the name of the island?
4. What is the name of the Japanese cruiser that finds the dead crew of a ship?
5. Why does the narrator think some people like to wear old clothes?
(a) To capture the magic of the past.
(b) As a statement against the present.
(c) They are cheaper.
(d) They are easier to obtain.
6. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
7. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
(a) The oak tree.
(b) The coconut tree.
(c) The silver birch.
(d) The palm tree.
8. What can the narrator see from the marshlands?
(a) The mountainside.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The church.
(d) The top of a hill.
9. What is the name of Eliseo Subiela's metaphysical film?
(a) Man Facing Southeast.
(b) Doing For the Sake of It.
(c) Gross Misconduct.
(d) The Grand Illusion.
10. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
11. What does the author say came ahead of time?
(b) The Beatles.
(d) The Velvet Underground.
12. What does the woman's bosom make her look like?
(a) A gypsy girl.
(b) A fortune teller.
(c) A witch.
(d) A peasant girl.
13. What genre did Robert Stevenson think the British reading public scorned in 1880?
(a) The crime novel.
(b) The adventure novel.
(c) The science fiction novel.
(d) The sport novel.
14. What is the name of the magazine where Bioy started his career?
(b) Latin Maker.
15. What writer does Borges claim has superior plots?
(a) Graham Greene.
(b) Patrica Highsmith.
(c) Fydor Dostoevsky.
(d) G.K. Chesterton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator decide he must build a shelter?
2. Which of the following is a summer resort?
3. What do Casares's friends call him?.
4. What country does Bioy see as his second home?
5. What does the chapel look like?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)