|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
2. What does the narrator say it would have been practical to build out of stones?
(a) A barricade.
(b) A house.
(c) An outdoor oven.
(d) A toilet.
3. What building is on the lowlands of the island?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A factory.
(c) A prison.
(d) A mill.
4. Casares is from what country?
5. Who directs Last Year at Marienbad?
6. What is the name of the Italian rug merchant?
(a) Paulo Maldini.
(b) Umberto Eco.
(c) Dalmacio Ombrellieri.
(d) Roberto Baggio.
7. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
(a) The wood is too hard.
(b) They are guarded.
(c) They are diseased.
(d) They are too young.
8. What is the name of the Japanese cruiser that finds the dead crew of a ship?
9. What room does the narrator remember with disgust?
(a) The circular room.
(b) The square room.
(c) The triangle room.
(d) The box room.
10. What is the novel Casares wrote in 1934?
(b) The New Storm.
(d) Beat It.
11. What does Borges say Joyce's Ulysses is rather than a masterpiece?
(a) A promise.
(b) A failure.
(c) A beginning.
(d) An end.
12. In which room does the narrator say he made discoveries on two separate occasions?
(a) The library.
(b) The loft.
(c) The basement.
(d) The dining room.
13. What do Casares's friends call him?.
14. What are the group's favorite two records?
(a) A Road to Nowhere and Carnage.
(b) One More Cup of Coffee and Sevilla.
(c) Frogs and Viva.
(d) Tea for Two and Valencia.
15. What room measures forty feet by fifty feet?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The lounge.
(c) The library.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says the men violate the sanctity of what?
2. Which one of Bioy's stories does the writer mention in the introduction?
3. Each god is three times larger than what?
4. Which Edgar Allan Poe story does the writer reference in the introduction?
5. Into what language is the invention of Morel translated in 1953?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)