|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Italian in Calcutta sell?
2. Casares is from what country?
3. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
(a) Feathers and branches.
(b) Branches and leaves.
(c) Moss and leaves.
(d) Tree trunks and seaweed.
4. What is the name of the story the author says anticipates the Invention of Morel?
(a) The Postcard Lovers.
(b) The Girl in the Photograph.
(c) The Man Who Said Ho.
(d) Love Me Not.
5. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
6. What does the narrator say is elegantly carpeted?
(a) The hallway.
(b) The principal staircase.
(c) The master bedroom.
(d) The library.
7. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
8. What torments the author in the southern part of the island?
9. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
(a) Lyrical poetry.
(d) Epic poetry.
10. Who directs Last Year at Marienbad?
11. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
(a) Buenos Aires.
(d) Sao Paulo.
12. Which of the following titles does the narrator say he wants to use for one of his novels?
(a) Keeping Open to Life.
(b) Apology for Survivors.
(c) Dedication is What We Need.
13. The narrator says the men violate the sanctity of what?
(a) Churches and cemeteries.
(b) Forests and deserts.
(c) Corn fields and orchards.
(d) Family and Religion.
14. What are the group's favorite two records?
(a) Tea for Two and Valencia.
(b) Frogs and Viva.
(c) A Road to Nowhere and Carnage.
(d) One More Cup of Coffee and Sevilla.
15. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What building is on the lowlands of the island?
2. The people on the mountainside are unmindful of what kind of creature?
3. Why does the narrator think some people like to wear old clothes?
4. What two buildings are on top of the hill?
5. What is the name of the novel Bioy writes after the Invention of Morel?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)