|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each god is three times larger than what?
(a) A steeple.
(b) A pillar.
(c) A basketball player.
(d) A man.
2. What does the woman's bosom make her look like?
(a) A fortune teller.
(b) A gypsy girl.
(c) A witch.
(d) A peasant girl.
3. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
4. What does the narrator say is elegantly carpeted?
(a) The hallway.
(b) The library.
(c) The principal staircase.
(d) The master bedroom.
5. Into what language is the invention of Morel translated in 1953?
6. What do Casares's friends call him?.
7. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Bioy's personality?
8. What wakes the narrator from his sleep?
(c) Gun shots.
9. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
(a) The palm tree.
(b) The oak tree.
(c) The coconut tree.
(d) The silver birch.
10. What can the narrator see from the marshlands?
(a) The mountainside.
(b) The top of a hill.
(c) The town hall.
(d) The church.
11. Who translated the 1964 American edition of the Invention of Morel?
(a) Doreen Hopper.
(b) Ruth L.C. Sims.
(c) Jack Johnson.
(d) Davis P. D. Quip.
12. Which one of Bioy's stories does the writer mention in the introduction?
(a) The Misadventurers of the Girl Who Hated Icecream.
(b) Family Ties and Other Assortments.
(c) The Adventure of a Photographer in La Plata.
(d) The Invention that Changed the World.
13. What is the title of the essay Jose Ortega y Gasset wrote in 1925?
(a) The Interest in Fantastic Fiction.
(b) The Dehumanization of Art.
(c) The Human Factor.
(d) The Rhythm of the Artist.
14. In which room does the narrator say he made discoveries on two separate occasions?
(a) The basement.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The library.
(d) The loft.
15. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
2. What torments the author in the southern part of the island?
3. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
4. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
5. What does the narrator move out by the swimming pool?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)