|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the novel Bioy writes after the Invention of Morel?
(a) A Plan for Escape.
(b) It Happens When We Are Alone.
(c) A Little Matter.
(d) Funny Bones.
2. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
3. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Bioy's personality?
4. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
5. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
(a) Tree trunks and seaweed.
(b) Feathers and branches.
(c) Moss and leaves.
(d) Branches and leaves.
6. What is the name of the island?
7. What does the Italian in Calcutta sell?
8. The town of Bearn is in what country?
9. What is the name of Eliseo Subiela's metaphysical film?
(a) Man Facing Southeast.
(b) Doing For the Sake of It.
(c) The Grand Illusion.
(d) Gross Misconduct.
10. Why does the Italian say the Rockefeller Institute never visit the island?
(a) The inhabitants are cannibals.
(b) It is the focal point of a mysterious disease.
(c) There is a war raging in its center.
(d) It is sacred ground.
11. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
(a) The oak tree.
(b) The silver birch.
(c) The coconut tree.
(d) The palm tree.
12. What does Borges say Joyce's Ulysses is rather than a masterpiece?
(a) A failure.
(b) A promise.
(c) A beginning.
(d) An end.
13. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
14. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
(a) Leather products.
(b) Dairy products.
(c) Coffee products.
(d) Clothing products.
15. The narrator says the men violate the sanctity of what?
(a) Corn fields and orchards.
(b) Family and Religion.
(c) Forests and deserts.
(d) Churches and cemeteries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator think the people he sees are a group of eccentrics?
2. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
3. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
4. In which room does the narrator say he made discoveries on two separate occasions?
5. What is the name of the Mexican poet referenced in the introduction?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)