|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the essay Jose Ortega y Gasset wrote in 1925?
(a) The Dehumanization of Art.
(b) The Human Factor.
(c) The Rhythm of the Artist.
(d) The Interest in Fantastic Fiction.
2. What is the name of the Japanese cruiser that finds the dead crew of a ship?
3. What wakes the narrator from his sleep?
(a) Gun shots.
4. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
5. What is the name of the island?
6. The town of Bearn is in what country?
7. What is the name of Eliseo Subiela's metaphysical film?
(a) The Grand Illusion.
(b) Man Facing Southeast.
(c) Doing For the Sake of It.
(d) Gross Misconduct.
8. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
(a) The palm tree.
(b) The silver birch.
(c) The oak tree.
(d) The coconut tree.
9. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
(a) Tree trunks and seaweed.
(b) Feathers and branches.
(c) Moss and leaves.
(d) Branches and leaves.
10. What does the woman's bosom make her look like?
(a) A peasant girl.
(b) A gypsy girl.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A witch.
11. Where does the narrator say he is afraid to return?
(a) The supermarket.
(b) The museum.
(c) The mansion.
(d) The church.
12. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
13. What does the narrator say it would have been practical to build out of stones?
(a) An outdoor oven.
(b) A house.
(c) A barricade.
(d) A toilet.
14. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
15. Into what does the narrator say the paper he is writing is changing ?
(a) A script.
(b) A will.
(c) A diary.
(d) A shopping list.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Edgar Allan Poe story does the writer reference in the introduction?
2. What are the Spanish poets and intellectuals fleeing in the 30s?
3. Which of the following is a summer resort?
4. What is the name of the Mexican poet referenced in the introduction?
5. What does the narrator move out by the swimming pool?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)