|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
2. What is the name of the magazine where Bioy started his career?
(b) Latin Maker.
3. What does the woman's bosom make her look like?
(a) A peasant girl.
(b) A gypsy girl.
(c) A witch.
(d) A fortune teller.
4. The town of Bearn is in what country?
5. Why does the narrator think the people he sees are a group of eccentrics?
(a) They are wearing warm clothes.
(b) They are running around naked.
(c) They are wearing clothes from another era.
(d) They are dancing around a fire.
6. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
(a) Dairy products.
(b) Coffee products.
(c) Leather products.
(d) Clothing products.
7. What is the name of Eliseo Subiela's metaphysical film?
(a) Man Facing Southeast.
(b) Doing For the Sake of It.
(c) Gross Misconduct.
(d) The Grand Illusion.
8. Where does the narrator say he is afraid to return?
(a) The supermarket.
(b) The church.
(c) The mansion.
(d) The museum.
9. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
(a) British pirates.
(b) Japanese pirates.
(c) Chinese pirates.
(d) Vietnamese pirates.
10. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
11. What can the narrator see from the marshlands?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The mountainside.
(c) The church.
(d) The top of a hill.
12. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
(a) They are diseased.
(b) The wood is too hard.
(c) They are guarded.
(d) They are too young.
13. What is the name of the story the author says anticipates the Invention of Morel?
(a) The Man Who Said Ho.
(b) The Girl in the Photograph.
(c) The Postcard Lovers.
(d) Love Me Not.
14. What building is on the lowlands of the island?
(a) A mill.
(b) A prison.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A factory.
15. What two buildings are on top of the hill?
(a) A museum and a chapel.
(b) A cinema and a cafe.
(c) A factory and a mill.
(d) A town hall and a belltower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the author use to describe the building on the hill?
2. Why does the narrator decide he must build a shelter?
3. What does the narrator say it would have been practical to build out of stones?
4. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
5. Which of the following titles does the narrator say he wants to use for one of his novels?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)