Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of poetry does Borges favor?
(a) Epic poetry.
(b) Lyrical poetry.
2. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
(a) The coconut tree.
(b) The oak tree.
(c) The palm tree.
(d) The silver birch.
3. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
4. What did the narrator find dead in the circular room?
5. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
(c) Buenos Aires.
(d) Sao Paulo.
6. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
(a) Coffee products.
(b) Dairy products.
(c) Leather products.
(d) Clothing products.
7. What does the narrator say is elegantly carpeted?
(a) The master bedroom.
(b) The principal staircase.
(c) The library.
(d) The hallway.
8. What does the author say came ahead of time?
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Velvet Underground.
9. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
10. What is the novel Casares wrote in 1934?
(b) Beat It.
(c) The New Storm.
11. Which of the following is a summer resort?
(c) The Dales.
12. What is the name of the story the author says anticipates the Invention of Morel?
(a) The Postcard Lovers.
(b) Love Me Not.
(c) The Man Who Said Ho.
(d) The Girl in the Photograph.
13. What are the group's favorite two records?
(a) A Road to Nowhere and Carnage.
(b) One More Cup of Coffee and Sevilla.
(c) Tea for Two and Valencia.
(d) Frogs and Viva.
14. What does the woman's bosom make her look like?
(a) A fortune teller.
(b) A gypsy girl.
(c) A witch.
(d) A peasant girl.
15. What is the name of the writer with whom Casares developed a close friendship?
(a) Jorge Luis Borges.
(b) Peter Robinson.
(c) Henry James.
(d) Garbriel Marcia Marquez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer does Borges claim has superior plots?
2. What does Borges say Joyce's Ulysses is rather than a masterpiece?
3. Which of the following poets wrote lyrical poems?
4. What building is on the lowlands of the island?
5. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)