|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator say he knows very little about what?
2. What is the name of the story the author says anticipates the Invention of Morel?
(a) The Girl in the Photograph.
(b) The Man Who Said Ho.
(c) Love Me Not.
(d) The Postcard Lovers.
3. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Bioy's personality?
4. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
(a) Moss and leaves.
(b) Feathers and branches.
(c) Branches and leaves.
(d) Tree trunks and seaweed.
5. What are the group's favorite two records?
(a) Frogs and Viva.
(b) One More Cup of Coffee and Sevilla.
(c) A Road to Nowhere and Carnage.
(d) Tea for Two and Valencia.
6. The essayist say Casares's novels are rich in what?
(a) Bizarre character sketches.
(b) Provoking images.
(c) Reasoned imagination.
(d) Surreal imagination.
7. Into what does the narrator say the paper he is writing is changing ?
(a) A will.
(b) A script.
(c) A shopping list.
(d) A diary.
8. Who directs Last Year at Marienbad?
9. Whose motto does the narrator say he will adopt as his own?
10. Why does the narrator say he decided to go to the island despite of its dangers?
(a) He knew the Italian as a liar.
(b) He thought there would be gold there.
(c) His life was unbearable.
(d) He wanted adventure.
11. Who translated the 1964 American edition of the Invention of Morel?
(a) Davis P. D. Quip.
(b) Jack Johnson.
(c) Doreen Hopper.
(d) Ruth L.C. Sims.
12. What is the name of the island?
13. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
14. Which French novelist does Borges reference in the prologue?
(a) Jean Paul Sartre.
(b) Marcel Proust.
(c) Andre Gide.
(d) Albert Camus.
15. What is the name of the writer with whom Casares developed a close friendship?
(a) Jorge Luis Borges.
(b) Henry James.
(c) Peter Robinson.
(d) Garbriel Marcia Marquez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is elegantly carpeted?
2. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
3. What is the name of the story where Bioy claims he finally has found his style?
4. Casares is from what country?
5. What room measures forty feet by fifty feet?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)