|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator find dead in the circular room?
2. Which one of Bioy's stories does the writer mention in the introduction?
(a) Family Ties and Other Assortments.
(b) The Misadventurers of the Girl Who Hated Icecream.
(c) The Invention that Changed the World.
(d) The Adventure of a Photographer in La Plata.
3. What country does Bioy see as his second home?
4. What does the narrator claims stops one from running away in dreams?
(a) A brick wall.
(b) A heavy weight.
(c) The screams of loved ones.
5. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
6. What does the chapel look like?
(a) A hat box.
(b) A long box.
(c) A pancake.
(d) A turtle.
7. Which of the following words does the author use to describe the building on the hill?
8. What building is on the lowlands of the island?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A prison.
(c) A mill.
(d) A factory.
9. What is the title of the essay Jose Ortega y Gasset wrote in 1925?
(a) The Rhythm of the Artist.
(b) The Human Factor.
(c) The Interest in Fantastic Fiction.
(d) The Dehumanization of Art.
10. What is the name of the novel Bioy writes after the Invention of Morel?
(a) Funny Bones.
(b) A Little Matter.
(c) It Happens When We Are Alone.
(d) A Plan for Escape.
11. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
12. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
13. What kind of novel does Borges say is formless?
(a) A magical realist novel.
(b) A psychological novel.
(c) A social novel.
(d) A crime novel.
14. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
(a) Feathers and branches.
(b) Tree trunks and seaweed.
(c) Moss and leaves.
(d) Branches and leaves.
15. Each god is three times larger than what?
(a) A man.
(b) A pillar.
(c) A steeple.
(d) A basketball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
2. What two buildings are on top of the hill?
3. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
4. Casares is from what country?
5. The narrator say he knows very little about what?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)