|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the beautiful woman wear over her dark curls?
(a) A bright scarf.
(b) A map.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A plastic bag.
2. Which of the following does a group of white men build on the island?
(a) A factory.
(b) A post office.
(c) A school.
(d) A museum.
3. What does the narrator say are on the western side of the ravine?
(b) Large boulders.
(c) Dead fish.
4. Which of the following creatures can one find in the swimming pool?
5. Why does the narrator say he decided to go to the island despite of its dangers?
(a) He wanted adventure.
(b) He thought there would be gold there.
(c) He knew the Italian as a liar.
(d) His life was unbearable.
6. What building is on the lowlands of the island?
(a) A prison.
(b) A factory.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A mill.
7. Which of the following is a summer resort?
(c) The Dales.
8. Which of the following titles does the narrator say he wants to use for one of his novels?
(a) Apology for Survivors.
(c) Keeping Open to Life.
(d) Dedication is What We Need.
9. What is the title of the essay Jose Ortega y Gasset wrote in 1925?
(a) The Human Factor.
(b) The Dehumanization of Art.
(c) The Rhythm of the Artist.
(d) The Interest in Fantastic Fiction.
10. What does the narrator say is elegantly carpeted?
(a) The principal staircase.
(b) The library.
(c) The master bedroom.
(d) The hallway.
11. What does the narrator move out by the swimming pool?
(a) His oven.
(b) His bookshelf.
(c) His couch.
(d) His bed.
12. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
13. Where does the narrator say he is afraid to return?
(a) The supermarket.
(b) The mansion.
(c) The museum.
(d) The church.
14. Into what does the narrator say the paper he is writing is changing ?
(a) A will.
(b) A diary.
(c) A script.
(d) A shopping list.
15. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
(a) They are guarded.
(b) They are too young.
(c) The wood is too hard.
(d) They are diseased.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
2. What did the narrator find dead in the circular room?
3. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
4. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
5. Which of the following words does the author use to describe the building on the hill?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)