|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The essayist say Casares's novels are rich in what?
(a) Reasoned imagination.
(b) Provoking images.
(c) Surreal imagination.
(d) Bizarre character sketches.
2. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
3. What does the narrator say it would have been practical to build out of stones?
(a) A house.
(b) A toilet.
(c) An outdoor oven.
(d) A barricade.
4. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
5. What does Borges say Joyce's Ulysses is rather than a masterpiece?
(a) A failure.
(b) An end.
(c) A promise.
(d) A beginning.
6. What does the author say came ahead of time?
(b) The Beatles.
(c) The Velvet Underground.
7. What does the woman's bosom make her look like?
(a) A witch.
(b) A fortune teller.
(c) A gypsy girl.
(d) A peasant girl.
8. Which of the following titles does the narrator say he wants to use for one of his novels?
(a) Keeping Open to Life.
(b) Dedication is What We Need.
(d) Apology for Survivors.
9. What room does the narrator remember with disgust?
(a) The triangle room.
(b) The box room.
(c) The square room.
(d) The circular room.
10. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
11. What does the narrator claims stops one from running away in dreams?
(b) The screams of loved ones.
(c) A brick wall.
(d) A heavy weight.
12. Which Edgar Allan Poe story does the writer reference in the introduction?
(a) The Raven.
(b) Black Cat.
(c) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(d) The House of Usher.
13. What room measures forty feet by fifty feet?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The lounge.
(c) The library.
(d) The dining room.
14. The narrator say he knows very little about what?
15. Into what language is the invention of Morel translated in 1953?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Italian say the Rockefeller Institute never visit the island?
2. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
3. What large collection does the museum have in one room?
4. What did the narrator find dead in the circular room?
5. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Bioy's personality?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)