|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
(a) The coconut tree.
(b) The palm tree.
(c) The oak tree.
(d) The silver birch.
2. What writer does Borges claim has superior plots?
(a) G.K. Chesterton.
(b) Fydor Dostoevsky.
(c) Patrica Highsmith.
(d) Graham Greene.
3. What large collection does the museum have in one room?
4. Which of the following titles does the narrator say he wants to use for one of his novels?
(a) Dedication is What We Need.
(c) Apology for Survivors.
(d) Keeping Open to Life.
5. What does the author say came ahead of time?
(b) The Beatles.
(c) The Velvet Underground.
6. Which of the following poets wrote epic poetry?
7. What do Casares's friends call him?.
8. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
(a) Japanese pirates.
(b) British pirates.
(c) Vietnamese pirates.
(d) Chinese pirates.
9. Which of the following is a summer resort?
(a) The Dales.
10. Why does the narrator decide he must build a shelter?
(a) To keep him warm during the winter.
(b) To attract attention.
(c) To hide from the people.
(d) To shelter him from storms.
11. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
12. What does the Italian in Calcutta sell?
13. What room measures forty feet by fifty feet?
(a) The lounge.
(b) The library.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The dining room.
14. Casares is from what country?
15. What does the chapel look like?
(a) A long box.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A hat box.
(d) A pancake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
2. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
3. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
4. Why is it impossible to cut the trees on top of the hill?
5. What does the narrator move out by the swimming pool?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)