|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does a group of white men build on the island?
(a) A post office.
(b) A school.
(c) A museum.
(d) A factory.
2. The people on the mountainside are unmindful of what kind of creature?
3. What country does Bioy see as his second home?
4. The narrator says the men violate the sanctity of what?
(a) Corn fields and orchards.
(b) Forests and deserts.
(c) Family and Religion.
(d) Churches and cemeteries.
5. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
6. What does the beautiful woman wear over her dark curls?
(a) A plastic bag.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A map.
(d) A bright scarf.
7. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
8. What is the name of the Italian rug merchant?
(a) Paulo Maldini.
(b) Dalmacio Ombrellieri.
(c) Roberto Baggio.
(d) Umberto Eco.
9. Each god is three times larger than what?
(a) A steeple.
(b) A basketball player.
(c) A man.
(d) A pillar.
10. Which of the following is a summer resort?
(d) The Dales.
11. Casares is from what country?
12. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
13. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
14. What is the name of the story the author says anticipates the Invention of Morel?
(a) Love Me Not.
(b) The Girl in the Photograph.
(c) The Man Who Said Ho.
(d) The Postcard Lovers.
15. What does the Italian in Calcutta sell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer does Borges claim has superior plots?
2. What torments the author in the southern part of the island?
3. What kind of poetry does Bioy favor?
4. Who once called calls Bioy the secret master?
5. Where does the narrator say he is afraid to return?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)