|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 79 through 103.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does the narrator have with the room where he sleeps that night?
(a) The pinks clash with the reds.
(b) He can't turn off the light.
(c) He can't close the door.
(d) He can't turn down the volume on the radio.
2. What is the name of the Japanese cruiser that finds the dead crew of a ship?
3. How does the narrator use the latch?
(a) To pound the wall.
(b) To break through the window.
(c) As a magic wand.
(d) To melt into coins.
4. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
(a) Buenos Aires.
(d) Sao Paulo.
5. The narrator say the swimming pool is full of what animals?
(a) Alligators and dragonflies.
(b) Frogs and snakes.
(c) Toads and flies.
(d) Newts and crocs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes the narrator from his sleep?
2. What kind of novel does Borges say is formless?
3. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
4. Which of the following does a group of white men build on the island?
5. What did the narrator find dead in the circular room?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)