|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 79 through 103.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morel tell those gathered that he has done without their permission?
(a) Phoned the police.
(b) Imprisoned the narrator.
(c) Kidnapped their children.
(d) Taken their photo.
2. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
3. What does the man think Faustine will resent about him if they eventually meet in real life?
(a) He has already fallen in love with her.
(b) He already knows something about her.
(c) He has spied on her.
(d) He has thought about killing her.
4. Who does the narrator think could be the director of the insane asylum?
(a) The rug seller.
5. What does the narrator say may be hallucinations?
(a) The fresh streams.
(b) The buildings.
(c) The people.
(d) The coconut trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
2. Why does the narrator decide against killing himself?
3. What is the novel Casares wrote in 1934?
4. What does the narrator steal from Morel?
5. What does Faustine tell Morel she thinks he is?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)