|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 79 through 103.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he wants to do to the woman when she angers him?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Run away with her.
(c) Torture her.
(d) Blind her.
2. What is the name of the man who joins the woman on the beach?
3. What is the name of Eliseo Subiela's metaphysical film?
(a) The Grand Illusion.
(b) Gross Misconduct.
(c) Man Facing Southeast.
(d) Doing For the Sake of It.
4. What concept does the narrator say he finds delightful?
(a) The fact he may be dead.
(b) The fact he could have found his soulmate.
(c) The fact Faustine is in love with him.
(d) The fact he could be a genius.
5. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
(a) The bugs.
(b) The invaders.
(c) The servants.
(d) The dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the narrator see from the marshlands?
2. What does Borges say Joyce's Ulysses is rather than a masterpiece?
3. Why does the narrator begin to think Morel and Faustine are putting on a comic act for his benefit?
4. What did the narrator find dead in the circular room?
5. What does the narrator bring to give to the woman on the beach?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)