|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 44 through 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two buildings are on top of the hill?
(a) A factory and a mill.
(b) A town hall and a belltower.
(c) A cinema and a cafe.
(d) A museum and a chapel.
2. What is the novel Casares wrote in 1934?
(a) Beat It.
(c) The New Storm.
3. What are the Spanish poets and intellectuals fleeing in the 30s?
(a) The Spanish Civil War.
(b) The Communist Government.
(c) The First World War.
(d) Franco's government.
4. Why does the narrator begin to think Morel and Faustine are putting on a comic act for his benefit?
(a) They are repeating words.
(b) They are always hiding.
(c) They bump into things.
(d) They ignore him.
5. What is the name of Eliseo Subiela's metaphysical film?
(a) Man Facing Southeast.
(b) Gross Misconduct.
(c) The Grand Illusion.
(d) Doing For the Sake of It.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Edgar Allan Poe story does the writer reference in the introduction?
2. Who does the narrator design his flower bed to look like?
3. Which of the following words does the author use to describe the building on the hill?
4. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Bioy's personality?
5. What is unusual about the celestial condition?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)