|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 44 through 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator think the two men he sees are ghosts?
(a) They walk through him.
(b) He can see through them.
(c) They don't react to him.
(d) They can't pick things up.
2. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
(a) Branches and leaves.
(b) Tree trunks and seaweed.
(c) Feathers and branches.
(d) Moss and leaves.
3. Why can't the narrator initially escape from the museum?
(a) He can't open the latches on the doors.
(b) There are dogs guarding the doors.
(c) He has been drugged.
(d) Someone has tied him to his bed.
4. Which Edgar Allan Poe story does the writer reference in the introduction?
(a) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(b) The House of Usher.
(c) The Raven.
(d) Black Cat.
5. The people on the mountainside are unmindful of what kind of creature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator think are the caretakers of the insane asylum?
2. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
3. What kind of poetry does Borges favor?
4. Each god is three times larger than what?
5. Which of the following words does the narrator use to describe the rooms of the museum?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)