|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Italian say the Rockefeller Institute never visit the island?
(a) It is the focal point of a mysterious disease.
(b) There is a war raging in its center.
(c) The inhabitants are cannibals.
(d) It is sacred ground.
2. What does the narrator claims stops one from running away in dreams?
(a) The screams of loved ones.
(c) A heavy weight.
(d) A brick wall.
3. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
4. What does the woman's bosom make her look like?
(a) A fortune teller.
(b) A gypsy girl.
(c) A witch.
(d) A peasant girl.
5. What does Borges say Joyce's Ulysses is rather than a masterpiece?
(a) A promise.
(b) A beginning.
(c) A failure.
(d) An end.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Bioy's personality?
2. Who directs Last Year at Marienbad?
3. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
4. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
5. What kind of poetry does Borges favor?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)