|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say it would have been practical to build out of stones?
(a) A house.
(b) A barricade.
(c) An outdoor oven.
(d) A toilet.
2. Which of the following does a group of white men build on the island?
(a) A school.
(b) A museum.
(c) A post office.
(d) A factory.
3. What is the name of the novel Bioy writes after the Invention of Morel?
(a) It Happens When We Are Alone.
(b) Funny Bones.
(c) A Plan for Escape.
(d) A Little Matter.
4. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
5. What does the narrator move out by the swimming pool?
(a) His couch.
(b) His bookshelf.
(c) His bed.
(d) His oven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say are on the western side of the ravine?
2. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Bioy's personality?
3. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
4. Why does the Italian say the Rockefeller Institute never visit the island?
5. What writer does Borges claim has superior plots?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)