|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say he is afraid to return?
(a) The mansion.
(b) The church.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) The museum.
2. Why does the narrator say he decided to go to the island despite of its dangers?
(a) He thought there would be gold there.
(b) He wanted adventure.
(c) He knew the Italian as a liar.
(d) His life was unbearable.
3. What country does Bioy see as his second home?
4. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
(a) British pirates.
(b) Chinese pirates.
(c) Vietnamese pirates.
(d) Japanese pirates.
5. What is the name of Eliseo Subiela's metaphysical film?
(a) The Grand Illusion.
(b) Gross Misconduct.
(c) Doing For the Sake of It.
(d) Man Facing Southeast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Spanish poets and intellectuals fleeing in the 30s?
2. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
3. What is the name of the Mexican poet referenced in the introduction?
4. What writer does Borges claim has superior plots?
5. What does the narrator say it would have been practical to build out of stones?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)