|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 62 through 78.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator move out by the swimming pool?
(a) His oven.
(b) His bookshelf.
(c) His couch.
(d) His bed.
2. What did the narrator find dead in the circular room?
3. Into what language is the invention of Morel translated in 1953?
4. On what part of the island is the narrator's boat?
(a) The southern part.
(b) The western part.
(c) The eastern part.
(d) The northern part.
5. What does Faustine tell Morel she thinks he is?
(b) A genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morel compares his invention to what?
2. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
3. What does the man realize he loves in this section?
4. What are the Spanish poets and intellectuals fleeing in the 30s?
5. What is the narrator looking for when he makes his first discovery?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)