|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 62 through 78.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
(a) Leather products.
(b) Coffee products.
(c) Clothing products.
(d) Dairy products.
2. From where does the narrator watch the invaders?
(a) Under the table.
(b) Through a hole in the adjoining room.
(c) The balcony.
(d) Through the window.
3. What does the man hear humming when he goes back upstairs?
(a) The choir.
(b) The generator.
(c) The motor.
(d) The lamps.
4. When does the narrator say he likes to hunt?
(a) The afternoons.
(b) The evenings.
(c) The mornings.
(d) The weekends.
5. Who does the narrator design his flower bed to look like?
(b) The devil.
(c) The woman.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Edgar Allan Poe story does the writer reference in the introduction?
2. What does the Italian in Calcutta sell?
3. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
4. What does Morel say will happen if the dials on the machine are synchronized?
5. Why does the narrator want to expose the machine to the world?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)