|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he decided to go to the island despite of its dangers?
(a) His life was unbearable.
(b) He knew the Italian as a liar.
(c) He thought there would be gold there.
(d) He wanted adventure.
2. What does the Italian in Calcutta sell?
3. What is the name of the novel Bioy writes after the Invention of Morel?
(a) It Happens When We Are Alone.
(b) A Plan for Escape.
(c) A Little Matter.
(d) Funny Bones.
4. The essayist say Casares's novels are rich in what?
(a) Surreal imagination.
(b) Bizarre character sketches.
(c) Provoking images.
(d) Reasoned imagination.
5. What is the name of the writer with whom Casares developed a close friendship?
(a) Garbriel Marcia Marquez.
(b) Peter Robinson.
(c) Henry James.
(d) Jorge Luis Borges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say came ahead of time?
2. What torments the author in the southern part of the island?
3. What are the group's favorite two records?
4. The author awakens to the sound of what?
5. What is the title of the essay Jose Ortega y Gasset wrote in 1925?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)