|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Edgar Allan Poe story does the writer reference in the introduction?
(a) The Raven.
(b) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(c) The House of Usher.
(d) Black Cat.
2. Why does the narrator think the people he sees are a group of eccentrics?
(a) They are wearing warm clothes.
(b) They are dancing around a fire.
(c) They are wearing clothes from another era.
(d) They are running around naked.
3. What are the group's favorite two records?
(a) One More Cup of Coffee and Sevilla.
(b) Frogs and Viva.
(c) A Road to Nowhere and Carnage.
(d) Tea for Two and Valencia.
4. What kind of product does La Martona produce?
(a) Coffee products.
(b) Dairy products.
(c) Leather products.
(d) Clothing products.
5. What does the narrator move out by the swimming pool?
(a) His oven.
(b) His couch.
(c) His bed.
(d) His bookshelf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city Casares where was born?
2. What kind of novel does Borges say is formless?
3. The narrator makes his bed out of what?
4. Who translated the 1964 American edition of the Invention of Morel?
5. What writer does Borges claim has superior plots?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)