|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator decide he must build a shelter?
(a) To attract attention.
(b) To hide from the people.
(c) To shelter him from storms.
(d) To keep him warm during the winter.
2. What genre did Robert Stevenson think the British reading public scorned in 1880?
(a) The sport novel.
(b) The adventure novel.
(c) The crime novel.
(d) The science fiction novel.
3. What is the name of the writer with whom Casares developed a close friendship?
(a) Henry James.
(b) Garbriel Marcia Marquez.
(c) Jorge Luis Borges.
(d) Peter Robinson.
4. What country does Bioy see as his second home?
5. What kind of novel does Borges say is formless?
(a) A psychological novel.
(b) A social novel.
(c) A magical realist novel.
(d) A crime novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator think the people he sees are a group of eccentrics?
2. What are the group's favorite two records?
3. What does the narrator say the people look like from where he is standing?
4. What does the author say he is bathed in after two or three minutes out of the pool?
5. What kind of pirates does the Italian say never go to the island?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)