|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 25 through 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the first flowers the narrator picks?
(a) They vanish.
(b) They wilt.
(c) They change color.
(d) They fly away.
2. What is the name of the Mexican poet referenced in the introduction?
(a) Manuel Carpio.
(b) Octavio Paz.
(c) Pita Amor.
(d) Gabriella Brimmer.
3. Which of the following does a group of white men build on the island?
(a) A school.
(b) A museum.
(c) A post office.
(d) A factory.
4. Borges and Casares write about the virtues of what food product?
5. What is the only tree that grows in coral sands?
(a) The coconut tree.
(b) The silver birch.
(c) The palm tree.
(d) The oak tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the novel Casares wrote in 1934?
2. What does the narrator move out by the swimming pool?
3. What kind of novel does Borges say is formless?
4. What do Casares's friends call him?.
5. When does the narrator say he likes to hunt?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)