* Adolfo Bioy Casares starts his literary career at a South American magazine called the Sur Magazine.
* In general, Casares's work is a blend of reality and fantasy. The Poet Octavio Paz considers Casares's work to be metaphysical.
* Casares is the only child of a wealthy family and from early in his career he enjoys a friendship with the famous writer Jorges Luis Borges, both of whom share a love of adventure writers.
* One of Casares's big influences is H.G. Wells. He uses elements of Well's book in his novel The Invention of Morel.
* The Invention of Morel is the first time Casares is really noticed by the literary public, receiving the Buenos Aires literature award for the work.
* The prologue is written by Casares's long time friend, Jorges Luis Borges.
* Borges talks about how the fantasy novel can in some ways be viewed as realistic...
This section contains 1,519 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)