|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the narrator’s bed and her son’s separated?
2. What has Emilie brought pieces of cloth to Ville Rose for?
3. How does the narrator characterize the old man?
4. What is the password Raymond tells Lamort?
5. What happens to even miscarried children in Ville Rose, according to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the woman’s suitors?
2. How does the woman know when her son is asleep?
3. What predicament is the woman in, at the end of Between the Pool and the Gardenias?
4. What is the role of ‘posterity’ in The Missing Peace?
5. What is the relationship between art and cock fighting in The Missing Peace?
6. How is Catherine, as an artist, different from other characters in Krik? Krak!?
7. What kind of people typically stay in the Lamort’s grandmother’s hotel?
8. What is Princesse’s relationship with Catherine?
9. Where does Catherine go when she is gone for a week?
10. What gift does Emilie make to Lamort?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of ‘day women’ and ‘night women’ in Krik? Krak!? How do these images or ideas relate to the other main ideas of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of Krik? Krak!. What is this book’s place in culture? What are its uses? What are its limitations?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)