|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emilie give to Lamort, for posterity?
(a) Her mother’s pieces of cloth.
(b) Her mother’s photograph.
(c) Her mother’s name.
(d) Her mother’s letters.
2. Who comes to the narrator on Tuesdays and Saturdays?
(a) A writer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
3. What does Lamort take to the guest at her grandmother’s house?
(a) A spare blanket.
(b) A set of beach towels.
(c) Needles and thread.
(d) Afternoon tea.
4. How does Emilie say she became a woman last night?
(a) She lost her innocence.
(b) She lost her virginity.
(c) She lost her hopes.
(d) She lost her mother.
5. What did Emilie’s mother do before she was killed?
(a) Raise children.
(c) Play music and sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the baby in Between the Pool and the Gardenias make the narrator think about?
2. What is remarkable about Catherine’s sunbathing?
3. What is the literary term for the brief scene at the end of Seeing Things Simply?
4. What would the narrator of Night Women like her son to forget about the place where they live?
5. What promise does Catherine make to Princesse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Catherine go when she is gone for a week?
2. What does the woman plan to tell her son if he wakes up and sees her with a man?
3. What significance does the girl’s name have, in The Missing Peace?
4. How does the woman know when her son is asleep?
5. What is the girl’s relationship with Raymond?
6. How is Seeing Things Simply framed?
7. How is Catherine, as an artist, different from other characters in Krik? Krak!?
8. What role do the angels play in Night Women?
9. What is the difference between night and day in Night Women?
10. How did Raymond get his limp?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)