|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine’s demeanor toward Princesse?
2. What is Princesse’s involvement with the cock fight?
(a) She is betting on it.
(b) She is watching it.
(c) She is walking past it.
(d) She is collecting someone from it.
3. What is the password Raymond tells Lamort?
(a) Long live the President.
(c) Don't shoot.
(d) I'm a friend.
4. What does the narrator say her customer calls her, when she satisfies him?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) An ocean.
(c) A river.
(d) A palace.
5. What has Emilie brought pieces of cloth to Ville Rose for?
(a) She is going to sew them into a purple blanket.
(b) She is going to pay Lamort with them, for taking her to her mother’s body.
(c) She is going to bury them with her mother’s body.
(d) She is going to make a funeral veil for her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the reader learn that the baby the narrator has found is dead?
2. What color does the narrator say her eyes are?
3. How would you characterize the narrator’s tone toward her mother, in New York Day Women?
4. What does Raymond invite Lamort to see from the pile of dirt?
5. What promise does Catherine make to Princesse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are mothers lost in The Missing Peace?
2. What does Catherine say about the project of capturing the human form in art?
3. What is Princesse’s relationship with Catherine?
4. What role do the angels play in Night Women?
5. How did Raymond get his limp?
6. What is the relationship between art and cock fighting in The Missing Peace?
7. What is the woman’s relationship with the character in the earlier stories?
8. What are Princesse’s feelings about modeling nude?
9. What kind of people typically stay in the Lamort’s grandmother’s hotel?
10. How does the woman know when her son is asleep?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)