|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he get instead?
2. How does the girl’s mother’s health change the next time she sees her?
(a) She has a severe pain.
(b) She has lost her sight.
(c) She has a festering wound.
(d) She has a cough.
3. What is the girl’s mother’s connection with the Massacre River?
(a) She was conceived there.
(b) She was born there.
(c) Her mother was killed there.
(d) She was raped there.
4. Who is the first narrator of Children of the Sea?
(a) A lover.
(b) A father.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A farmer.
5. What has the girl’s manman buried behind the house?
(a) A baby.
(c) Political buttons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dinner table made of, in Guy and Lili’s house?
2. What does the boy say is the only thing on Boukman’s mind?
3. Whose baby does the girl give birth to on the boat?
4. What does the girl take to her mother?
5. What likely happened to the boy’s boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it like on the ship the boy is sailing in?
2. What happens to the boy in the end of the story?
3. Why does Guy get angry at his son?
4. What happens to the pregnant girl on the ship?
5. Describe the girl’s pilgrimage to the Massacre River.
6. Why does Lili leave Guy’s eyes open at the end of A Wall of Fire Rising?
7. What is the history of the Madonna the girl carries?
8. What is the American involvement in 1937?
9. Describe the prison where the mother is kept.
10. What is the history of the Massacre River?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)