|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dinner table made of, in Guy and Lili’s house?
(a) Laps—there is no table.
(b) Shipping crates.
(d) Plywood and bricks.
2. What does the daughter do with the clothing her mother buys her?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Wears it.
(c) Donates it.
(d) Sells it.
3. What does Raymond invite Lamort to see from the pile of dirt?
(a) A lizard.
(b) The sunset.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) His body.
4. How are the narrator’s bed and her son’s separated?
(a) Separate rooms.
(b) A curtain.
(c) Mosquito netting.
(d) Separate buildings.
5. How did Raymond get his limp?
(a) He was born with it.
(b) He was shot in battle.
(c) He was beaten by soldiers.
(d) He was shot accidentally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Princesse’s involvement with the cock fight?
2. How does the narrator characterize the old man?
3. What does the narrator of Between the Pool and the Gardenias compare the dead baby to?
4. What is the narrator’s relationship, in Between the Pool and the Gardenias, with the women in the earlier stories?
5. What does Mrs. Azile tell Grace she is proud of?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)