|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the boy say that no one will mistake him and the others for Cuban, now?
(a) They are all so poor.
(b) They have such good equipment.
(c) They are all sunburned.
(d) They are all seasick.
2. What miracle does Nineteen Thirty-Seven start with?
(a) A crying madonna.
(b) A healing scar.
(c) A man brought back to life.
(d) The face of Jesus.
3. Where does the girl visit her mother?
(a) At home.
(b) At her parents’ house.
(c) In prison.
(d) At the cemetery.
4. Who are the macoutes?
(a) Elite soldiers.
(b) Secret police.
(c) Local militia.
(d) Local thugs.
5. What does the narrator say she feels about night-time?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Massacre River massacre?
2. What kind of people typically stay at Lamort’s grandmother’s house?
3. What happened to Lamort’s mother?
4. What is Lamort playing with at the beginning of The Missing Peace?
5. What happens to the girl when she gets to be with her mother?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)