|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Guy and Lili and their boy eat when things were tight?
(a) Sugar cane pulp.
(c) Government rations.
2. Where is the narrator writing from?
(a) A prison ship.
(b) The ocean.
(c) American waters.
(d) A port.
3. Where do Guy and Lili and their boy get their water from?
(a) The rain.
(b) The well.
(c) The reservoir.
(d) The faucet.
4. What danger does the boy’s boat face?
(d) Bad weather.
5. What does the girl hear when she is hiding in the latrine?
(a) Soldiers beating her mother.
(b) Soldiers beating her neighbor.
(c) Soldiers shooting at a sniper.
(d) Soldiers searching her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color would the women wear, when they visited the Massacre River?
2. How does the narrator characterize the boy’s voice when he recites his lines over his father’s dead body?
3. What is Guy’s hairline supposed to indicate about him?
4. What flaw does the narrator say he has?
5. What does the girl narrator see this miracle as a sign of?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)