|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What terrifies Lili?
(a) The thought of her son performing.
(b) Snakes and insects in the grass.
(c) Militiamen coming for them.
(d) The thought of the mill closing.
2. What flaw does the narrator say he has?
(a) He imagines his death too easily.
(b) His imagination is frail.
(c) He cannot imagine the future.
(d) He imagines too much.
3. What does the boy say is the only thing on Boukman’s mind?
4. What is the girl told to throw away?
(a) Letters from her father.
(b) Clothes she wore to a rally.
(c) Pictures of dead soldiers.
(d) Tapes of the boy’s radio show.
5. What danger does the boy’s boat face?
(d) Bad weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the boy’s book covered, according to the narrator?
2. Where do Guy and Lili and their boy get their water from?
3. What does Guy promise never to do?
4. How does the girl’s mother’s health change the next time she sees her?
5. What does the boy say he is glad his boat is not full of?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)