|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flaw does the narrator say he has?
(a) He imagines his death too easily.
(b) He cannot imagine the future.
(c) He imagines too much.
(d) His imagination is frail.
2. What danger does the boy’s boat face?
(b) Bad weather.
3. Who are the macoutes?
(a) Local thugs.
(b) Elite soldiers.
(c) Local militia.
(d) Secret police.
4. What has the girl’s manman buried behind the house?
(a) A baby.
(c) Political buttons.
5. Who does the boy dream of?
(a) His future wife.
(b) The girl’s family.
(c) The bottom of the sea.
(d) His childhood home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl hear when she is hiding in the latrine?
2. What likely happened to the boy’s boat?
3. What is the girl told to throw away?
4. How does the second narrator characterize her feeling in the first narrator’s absence?
5. Why does the girl say she does not leave the house?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)