|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the girl’s manman buried behind the house?
(a) Political buttons.
(d) A baby.
2. What does her mother answer?
(a) She says that she will be home soon.
(b) She says that no human being can fly.
(c) She says that all the women who went to the river can fly.
(d) She says that it is important that the daughters remember their mothers.
3. Who does the boy dream of?
(a) His childhood home.
(b) His future wife.
(c) The bottom of the sea.
(d) The girl’s family.
4. How long does the girl’s mother make her food last, in prison?
5. What does the girl take to her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the girl when she gets to be with her mother?
2. How does the narrator characterize soldiers in Haiti?
3. What does the girl say is the biggest weapon the government can use against the people?
4. When was the Massacre River massacre?
5. What does the girl say when she finally talks to her mother?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)