|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the girl’s family from leaving the city?
(a) Their car is broken.
(b) Their car is destroyed.
(c) Militia in the streets.
(d) Gasoline ban.
2. How old are the narrators?
(a) About twenty-five.
(b) About fourteen.
(c) About nineteen.
(d) About seventeen.
3. What happens to the girl when she gets to be with her mother?
(a) She gets dizzy.
(b) She goes mute.
(c) She forgets her name.
(d) She panics.
4. Why does the girl say she does not leave the house?
(a) Because the macoutes are always watching.
(b) Because there is too much violence in the streets.
(c) Because she cannot go anywhere.
(d) Because none of the shops are open anyway.
5. Whose name is no one mentioning, according to the girl?
(b) The boy's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) The old president’s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl say she wishes she could do?
2. What color would the women wear, when they visited the Massacre River?
3. What does the girl say is the biggest weapon the government can use against the people?
4. What is the girl’s last hope, in the story?
5. What is the girl’s mother’s connection with the Massacre River?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)