|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 & 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Massacre River?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) On the border with the Dominican Republic.
(c) On the border with Cuba.
(d) In the center of the capital, Port-au-Prince.
2. What does the girl say her father regrets?
(a) Keeping her from going with the boy.
(b) Letting her marry the boy.
(c) Ever letting her go to school.
(d) Being mean to the boy.
3. How are the narrator’s bed and her son’s separated?
(a) Separate rooms.
(b) Separate buildings.
(c) Mosquito netting.
(d) A curtain.
4. What does he get instead?
5. Where do Guy and Lili and their boy get their water from?
(a) The faucet.
(b) The rain.
(c) The well.
(d) The reservoir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Trujillo massacred in the Dominican Republic?
2. How does the reader learn that the baby the narrator has found is dead?
3. What does one of the mothers come home with, when she visits the prison where the ‘radio six’ are kept?
4. How does the girl’s mother’s health change the next time she sees her?
5. Why does the girl say she does not leave the house?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)