|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 & 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Madame and Monsieur say is holding Haiti back?
2. How does the narrator characterize soldiers in Haiti?
3. How old are the narrators?
(a) About twenty-five.
(b) About seventeen.
(c) About nineteen.
(d) About fourteen.
4. What is the dinner table made of, in Guy and Lili’s house?
(b) Laps—there is no table.
(c) Plywood and bricks.
(d) Shipping crates.
5. What does the girl’s mother hope for the girl?
(a) That she will get out of the country.
(b) That she will get revenge for her sake.
(c) That she will return to the Massacre River.
(d) That she will have someone to care for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the narrator on Tuesdays and Saturdays?
2. Who tells the girl that her mother has died?
3. In the song, the lyric says that the singer had to leave Haiti before what happened?
4. What does the narrator say she feels about night-time?
5. Whose name is no one mentioning, according to the girl?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)