|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 & 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator’s relationship with the groundskeeper?
(a) They slept together once.
(b) They are regular lovers.
(c) They are married.
(d) They have not had much to do with each other.
2. What do the prison guards suspect the girl’s mother of being?
(a) A provocateur.
(b) A terrorist.
(c) A spy.
(d) A witch.
3. Why does the narrator say that certain women destroy at night the work they do in the day?
(a) So that they will keep their hands busy.
(b) As a way of distracting themselves.
(c) So they will always have work to do.
(d) As a way to bring men back to them.
4. What story will the woman tell her son if he wakes up while she is with a customer?
(a) That sex is a mystery.
(b) That a man is a mirage.
(c) That she was not herself.
(d) That he dreamed it.
5. How is the boy’s book covered, according to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the song, the lyric says that the singer had to leave Haiti before what happened?
2. What does the boy say is the only thing on Boukman’s mind?
3. What would the narrator of Night Women like her son to forget about the place where they live?
4. Why do the guards make the women dash themselves with cold water at night?
5. What makes the narrator wary of the baby?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)