|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the guards make the women dash themselves with cold water at night?
(a) To keep them from sleeping well.
(b) To humiliate them.
(c) To keep them clean.
(d) To keep wings from growing from their shoulders.
2. What was the prison used for before it was a prison?
(a) A castle.
(b) A slave auction house.
(c) A country house.
(d) An American fort.
3. What does the girl do when the mother takes the statue of the madonna from her?
(a) She begins to hyperventilate.
(b) She begins to sing.
(c) She begins to pray.
(d) She bursts into tears.
4. Where does the girl visit her mother?
(a) In prison.
(b) At her parents’ house.
(c) At the cemetery.
(d) At home.
5. What happens to even miscarried children in Ville Rose, according to the narrator?
(a) All the pieces are buried.
(b) They are hidden from anyone.
(c) They are ritually burned.
(d) All the pieces are dried out and kept.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator’s roof still have holes in it?
2. What is Princesse’s involvement with the cock fight?
3. What does the narrator say she could give to the baby she finds?
4. What does the daughter do with the clothing her mother buys her?
5. Who comes to the narrator on Tuesdays and Saturdays?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)