|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does New York Day Women take?
2. Where does the girl visit her mother?
(a) In prison.
(b) At the cemetery.
(c) At her parents’ house.
(d) At home.
3. How does the girl know the person who tells her that her mother has died?
(a) The person knows the password.
(b) The person has a piece of her mother’s clothing.
(c) The person carries a letter from the mother.
(d) They play the questioning game.
4. Why does the narrator’s roof still have holes in it?
(a) Her suitors like to watch the stars through them.
(b) She can never make enough to fix them.
(c) Her suitors are not men who know how to fix roofs.
(d) She does likes that the holes let the cooking smoke out.
5. Why is the girl’s mother in prison?
(a) She was accused of adultery.
(b) She was accused of bewitching a dead boy.
(c) She was accused of stealing a baby.
(d) She was accused of stealing food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl’s mother hope for the girl?
2. What is the narrator’s relationship, in Between the Pool and the Gardenias, with the women in the earlier stories?
3. What promise does Catherine make to Princesse?
4. How does the narrator tell whether her son is asleep?
5. Where does Princesse make her drawing at the end of Seeing Things Simply?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)