|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator in Night Women?
2. What was the prison used for before it was a prison?
(a) A slave auction house.
(b) An American fort.
(c) A castle.
(d) A country house.
3. How does the narrator characterize the old man?
4. What is the girl’s last hope, in the story?
(a) That there will be revenge for the soldiers who massacred Haitians.
(b) That the river will rise against the Dominican Republic.
(c) That her mother’s flight will be joyful.
(d) That a massacre will never happen again.
5. What form does New York Day Women take?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do when the mother takes the statue of the madonna from her?
2. Where is the Massacre River?
3. Who tells the girl that her mother has died?
4. What color does the narrator say her eyes are?
5. What do Madame and Monsieur say is holding Haiti back?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)