|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do to his drawer after he takes an item out at the end of Part 2?
2. What type of rocks does Krapp-on-tape say were surrounding the lighthouse?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say he was standing at the end of on "that memorable night"?
4. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp turns it off in Part 2?
5. What does Krapp bring back onstage after walking off for the first time in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of memory in the play. What purpose does the author have for portraying Krapp's memories through his tapes? Is this method of presenting memories in the play successful?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the tape recorder in the play. What is the tape recorder able to achieve that would have been impossible if it were missing?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of the use of the word "viduity" in the play.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)