|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
2. Where does Krapp go after examining the items in his pocket at the end of Part 2?
3. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "Unshatterable association until my dissolution of ___ and ____".
5. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the woman he is intimate with eyes?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of Krapp's name. What purpose does the author have for giving him this name? What does the name suggest about the play's overall theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of age in the play. How is Krapp portrayed at the different ages of his life? What might the author be saying about age?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of singing in the play. What does singing seem to represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp-at-the-desk?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)