Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
2. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
3. What does Krapp do when he hears Krapp-on-tape say "Here I end"?
4. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
5. Where does Krapp lay the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of drinking in the play. What does drinking represent to Krapp as an old man? What does drinking help to replace in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony of Krapp regretting his past but refusing to change his ways or wish to do it over. What reasons does he have for feeling this way? What might the author be saying about second-guessing one's choices?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism in the use of light and dark imagery in the play.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)