|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do to his drawer after he takes an item out at the end of Part 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "Unshatterable association until my dissolution of ___ and ____".
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
4. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
5. What sound is heard when Krapp goes offstage at the end of Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism in the use of light and dark imagery in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the possibility of the author having Krapp listen to old tapes signifying that his past had more significance than his present.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of Krapp's name. What purpose does the author have for giving him this name? What does the name suggest about the play's overall theme?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)