|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp take out when he unlocks his drawer at the end of Part 2?
2. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
3. To whom does Krapp-on-tape say he gives the ball that he plays with the dog?
4. What does Krapp-on-tape do to the woman after they are intimate?
5. What kind of bird is mentioned by Krapp at the beginning of Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of memory in the play. What purpose does the author have for portraying Krapp's memories through his tapes? Is this method of presenting memories in the play successful?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the role of the envelope in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of singing in the play. What does singing seem to represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp-at-the-desk?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)