|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp-on-tape say was "flying up in the light of the lighthouse"?
2. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with had a scratch?
3. Finish the sentence: "We lay there without moving. But under us ___ _____".
4. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with lay?
5. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of age in the play. How is Krapp portrayed at the different ages of his life? What might the author be saying about age?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the tape recorder in the play. What is the tape recorder able to achieve that would have been impossible if it were missing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's purpose in using action on and off stage in the play. What might he be hoping to achieve using this method?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)