|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
2. What does Krapp-on-tape say he was standing at the end of on "that memorable night"?
3. What is described as "spinning like a propeller"?
4. What does Krapp-on-tape say he asks the woman to do before they are intimate?
5. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp turns it off in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of singing in the play. What does singing seem to represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp-at-the-desk?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of isolation in the play. What effect does isolation have on the different stages of Krapp's life? How does Krapp choose to deal with his isolation?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's purpose in using action on and off stage in the play. What might he be hoping to achieve using this method?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)