|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word causes Krapp to stop listening to his tape at the beginning of Part 2?
2. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
3. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
4. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
5. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the water when talking about his intimate moment with a woman in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of isolation in the play. What effect does isolation have on the different stages of Krapp's life? How does Krapp choose to deal with his isolation?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony of Krapp regretting his past but refusing to change his ways or wish to do it over. What reasons does he have for feeling this way? What might the author be saying about second-guessing one's choices?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of singing in the play. What does singing seem to represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp-at-the-desk?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)