|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Krapp-on-tape describe as "all white and starch" in Part 2?
2. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
3. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
4. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
5. What does Krapp do when he hears Krapp-on-tape say "Here I end"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of drinking in the play. What does drinking represent to Krapp as an old man? What does drinking help to replace in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Krapp's mother in the play. How did his relationship with his mother affect how he would later live his life? What effect does losing his mother seem to have on his ability to be happy?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of the use of the word "viduity" in the play.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)