|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the water when talking about his intimate moment with a woman in Part 2?
2. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
3. How many definitions does the word that Krapp looks up in Part 2 have?
4. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
5. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of the use of the word "viduity" in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of isolation in the play. What effect does isolation have on the different stages of Krapp's life? How does Krapp choose to deal with his isolation?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Krapp as an old man fast-forwarding and rewinding his tapes. Analyze the nature of the material being discussed that causes Krapp to do this. What might this say about how Krapp feels about the nature of what is being discussed on the tapes that warrant him to skip over it or come back to it?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)