|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
2. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
3. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
4. What does Krapp-on-tape say he tells the woman just before they are intimate?
5. What does Krapp do with the first item he takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of drinking in the play. What does drinking represent to Krapp as an old man? What does drinking help to replace in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Krapp's mother in the play. How did his relationship with his mother affect how he would later live his life? What effect does losing his mother seem to have on his ability to be happy?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the banana and/or peel in the play. What might this object be representing symbolically of the nature of Krapp's life?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)