|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the woman he is intimate with eyes?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say a beautiful woman did when he tried to talk to her during the tape in Part 2?
4. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the blinds that were pulled down on tape in Part 2?
5. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of singing in the play. What does singing seem to represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp-at-the-desk?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of intimacy in the play. What does intimacy represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp as an old man?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance in the title of the play. What does the title suggest is the theme or moral of the play?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)