|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
2. How does Krapp appear when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
3. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
4. What does Krapp-on-tape do to the woman after they are intimate?
5. What does Krapp-on-tape say was "flying up in the light of the lighthouse"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the irony of Krapp regretting his past but refusing to change his ways or wish to do it over. What reasons does he have for feeling this way? What might the author be saying about second-guessing one's choices?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of intimacy in the play. What does intimacy represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp as an old man?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance in the title of the play. What does the title suggest is the theme or moral of the play?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)