|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Krapp-on-tape say he gives the ball that he plays with the dog?
2. What kind of bird is mentioned by Krapp at the beginning of Part 2?
3. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
4. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp turns it off in Part 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "But under us all moved, and move us, gently, up and down, and from ____ _____".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of age in the play. How is Krapp portrayed at the different ages of his life? What might the author be saying about age?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Krapp's mother in the play. How did his relationship with his mother affect how he would later live his life? What effect does losing his mother seem to have on his ability to be happy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the possibility of the author having Krapp listen to old tapes signifying that his past had more significance than his present.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)