|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the woman he is intimate with eyes?
3. What kind of bird is mentioned by Krapp at the beginning of Part 2?
4. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp turns it off in Part 2?
5. What does Krapp-on-tape say he was standing at the end of on "that memorable night"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Krapp as an old man fast-forwarding and rewinding his tapes. Analyze the nature of the material being discussed that causes Krapp to do this. What might this say about how Krapp feels about the nature of what is being discussed on the tapes that warrant him to skip over it or come back to it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of intimacy in the play. What does intimacy represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp as an old man?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the banana and/or peel in the play. What might this object be representing symbolically of the nature of Krapp's life?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)