|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of rocks does Krapp-on-tape say were surrounding the lighthouse?
2. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
3. Where does Krapp go after examining the items in his pocket at the end of Part 2?
4. What kind of bird is mentioned by Krapp at the beginning of Part 2?
5. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the blinds that were pulled down on tape in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the irony of Krapp regretting his past but refusing to change his ways or wish to do it over. What reasons does he have for feeling this way? What might the author be saying about second-guessing one's choices?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the banana and/or peel in the play. What might this object be representing symbolically of the nature of Krapp's life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's purpose in using action on and off stage in the play. What might he be hoping to achieve using this method?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)