|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many definitions does the word that Krapp looks up in Part 2 have?
2. What does Krapp do when he hears Krapp-on-tape say "Here I end"?
3. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp turns it off in Part 2?
4. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
5. What does Krapp do after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the possibility of the author having Krapp listen to old tapes signifying that his past had more significance than his present.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of singing in the play. What does singing seem to represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp-at-the-desk?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of the use of the word "viduity" in the play.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)