|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
2. What does Krapp bring back onstage after walking off for the first time in Part 2?
3. Who does Krapp-on-tape say "lay a-dying" in the house on the canal in Part 2?
4. What does Krapp do with the first item he takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
5. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the tape recorder in the play. What is the tape recorder able to achieve that would have been impossible if it were missing?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of age in the play. How is Krapp portrayed at the different ages of his life? What might the author be saying about age?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Krapp-on-tape's discussion of his "visions at last" and the reaction towards this from Krapp as an old man.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)