Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
2. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
3. What does Krapp do when he hears Krapp-on-tape say "Here I end"?
4. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
5. Where does Krapp lay the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
Examine the role of the tape recorder in the play. What is the tape recorder able to achieve that would have been impossible if it were missing?
Examine the role of drinking in the play. What does drinking represent to Krapp as an old man? What does drinking help to replace in his life?
Discuss the author's purpose in using action on and off stage in the play. What might he be hoping to achieve using this method?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)