Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
2. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
3. What does Krapp do when he hears Krapp-on-tape say "Here I end"?
4. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
5. Where does Krapp lay the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the possibility of the author having Krapp listen to old tapes signifying that his past had more significance than his present.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of age in the play. How is Krapp portrayed at the different ages of his life? What might the author be saying about age?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of the use of the word "viduity" in the play.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)