|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp-on-tape say was "flying up in the light of the lighthouse"?
2. Finish the sentence: "We drifted in among the flags and ____".
3. What does Krapp take out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
4. What is the second item Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
5. Where does Krapp go when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the possibility of the author having Krapp listen to old tapes signifying that his past had more significance than his present.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Krapp as an old man fast-forwarding and rewinding his tapes. Analyze the nature of the material being discussed that causes Krapp to do this. What might this say about how Krapp feels about the nature of what is being discussed on the tapes that warrant him to skip over it or come back to it?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of the little black ball and its ties to the death of Krapp's mother.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)