|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do when he hears Krapp-on-tape say "Here I end"?
2. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with has her hands?
3. What does Krapp do with the first item he takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
4. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
5. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of intimacy in the play. What does intimacy represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp as an old man?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of singing in the play. What does singing seem to represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp-at-the-desk?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of the use of the word "viduity" in the play.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)