|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
2. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
3. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
4. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
5. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with had a scratch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of drinking in the play. What does drinking represent to Krapp as an old man? What does drinking help to replace in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the role of the envelope in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of intimacy in the play. What does intimacy represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp as an old man?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)