|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "The way they went down, sighing, before the ____".
2. What does Krapp take out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
3. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
4. Where does Krapp go after examining the items in his pocket at the end of Part 2?
5. What does Krapp-on-tape say he asks the woman to do before they are intimate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the possibility of the author having Krapp listen to old tapes signifying that his past had more significance than his present.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of the little black ball and its ties to the death of Krapp's mother.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of memory in the play. What purpose does the author have for portraying Krapp's memories through his tapes? Is this method of presenting memories in the play successful?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)