|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of rocks does Krapp-on-tape say were surrounding the lighthouse?
2. Finish the sentence: "We lay there without moving. But under us ___ _____".
3. Finish the sentence: "We drifted in among the flags and ____".
4. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
5. What does Krapp-on-tape say was "flying up in the light of the lighthouse"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the possibility of the author having Krapp listen to old tapes signifying that his past had more significance than his present.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Krapp as an old man fast-forwarding and rewinding his tapes. Analyze the nature of the material being discussed that causes Krapp to do this. What might this say about how Krapp feels about the nature of what is being discussed on the tapes that warrant him to skip over it or come back to it?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance in the title of the play. What does the title suggest is the theme or moral of the play?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)