|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp-on-tape say he tells the woman just before they are intimate?
2. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say he was standing at the end of on "that memorable night"?
4. What does Krapp take out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "We drifted in among the flags and ____".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the possibility of the author having Krapp listen to old tapes signifying that his past had more significance than his present.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the tape recorder in the play. What is the tape recorder able to achieve that would have been impossible if it were missing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of intimacy in the play. What does intimacy represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp as an old man?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)