|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Unshatterable association until my dissolution of ___ and ____".
2. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
3. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
4. What type of rocks does Krapp-on-tape say were surrounding the lighthouse?
5. What does Krapp-on-tape do to the woman after they are intimate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss the role of Krapp's mother in the play. How did his relationship with his mother affect how he would later live his life? What effect does losing his mother seem to have on his ability to be happy?
Essay Topic 2Discuss the significance of Krapp as an old man fast-forwarding and rewinding his tapes. Analyze the nature of the material being discussed that causes Krapp to do this. What might this say about how Krapp feels about the nature of what is being discussed on the tapes that warrant him to skip over it or come back to it?
Essay Topic 3Examine the role of the banana and/or peel in the play. What might this object be representing symbolically of the nature of Krapp's life?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)