|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
2. What does Krapp-on-tape say he asks the woman to do before they are intimate?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say was "flying up in the light of the lighthouse"?
4. What does Krapp take out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
5. Where does Krapp lay the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of age in the play. How is Krapp portrayed at the different ages of his life? What might the author be saying about age?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of memory in the play. What purpose does the author have for portraying Krapp's memories through his tapes? Is this method of presenting memories in the play successful?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of singing in the play. What does singing seem to represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp-at-the-desk?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)