|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp begin to do at the very end of Part 2?
2. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
3. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
4. What does Krapp do with the first item he takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
5. Which of the following word is not used to describe the ball Krapp plays with the dog as described on tape in Part 2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Krapp's mother in the play. How did his relationship with his mother affect how he would later live his life? What effect does losing his mother seem to have on his ability to be happy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of intimacy in the play. What does intimacy represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp as an old man?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the banana and/or peel in the play. What might this object be representing symbolically of the nature of Krapp's life?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)