Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
2. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
3. What does Krapp do when he hears Krapp-on-tape say "Here I end"?
4. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
5. Where does Krapp lay the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the possibility of the author having Krapp listen to old tapes signifying that his past had more significance than his present.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of intimacy in the play. What does intimacy represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp as an old man?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the banana and/or peel in the play. What might this object be representing symbolically of the nature of Krapp's life?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)